PDA

View Full Version : Fairley/BCS game

Pages : [1] 2

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
so far. not impressed. getting handled in 1 on 1 blocks. made like one play...when he went unblocked

hes solid....but doesn't look nearly the caliber of defender we need....

cant wait to waste this pick :tsk:

cuzz4169
01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Honestly im not a huge fan of him...but very hard to judge him in this game against a fast passed offense which is built to tire D-lineman.......Still don't understand why Denver doesn't do it at home.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
so far. not impressed. getting handled in 1 on 1 blocks. made like one play...when he went unblocked

We need to trade pick. I don't really think there's anybody good enough for that #2. Trade back, stockpile, and grab one of those DT/DE's.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
We need to trade pick. I don't really think there's anybody good enough for that #2. Trade back, stockpile, and grab one of those DT/DE's.

I agree. I'm ok if denver trades down...no one high up besides peterson seems like a complete standout on defense to me

honz
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
What about Jaquizz Rodgers at #2? He is a BEAST!!!

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Fairley is a solid player and will be a great pro... But, not great enough to take #2 overall. I've specifically kept an eye all game and while he does make plays, he takes too many off. I mean, he's a big boy, so of course he's going to be gassed against Oregon - but I've seen him take too many plays off tonight. Gene Chizik said it best, "Nick Fairley can take over games... When he wants to." I like the kid, but not at #2.

If I HAVE to stay at #2 (by all means, please try and trade back, and back again Broncos) I'm choosing between Bowers or Peterson. Marcell Dareus or Fairley are tempting, because they are a glaring need... But I look at the defense, and see a real need for a playmaker... At any level. And Bowers and Peterson are too elite to pass up. Well, here goes the second half. Lets see what he's got.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I would prefer we trade back however far we can and still get Watt.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Fairley has 1 TFL, 1 sack, and at least 2 pressures....1 of which led to an interception.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Add 1 personal foul to that total.

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Fairley went unblocked on both of those plays. The TFL and the sack, no one touched him. I'm not discrediting Fairley, but don't let the stats fool his performance... In fact, he also just got a personal foul well after the whistle.

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Andddd then he just crushed the Quarterback. And he was being blocked on that one.

Buff
Fairley has 1 TFL, 1 sack, and at least 2 pressures....1 of which led to an interception.

And helped penetrate on the safety.

Make that two sacks, one FF.

Ziggy
Another sack by Fairley along with a forced fumble. He wasn't unblocked that time.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
that sack, worst attempt at blocking in o line history. not crazy talent

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2011, 10:52 PM
We know you want Peterson, i might too - if Bowers is gone... But Fairley is a great player, there's no discrediting that.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Hmmmm, something tells me that Meth isn't going to be happy regardless of what Fairley does.

nevcraw
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I like this guy.. we need that attitude on D. Long missing in Denver..
He will mature.

Northman
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Fairly's a beast and being doing it all year. 3 sacks, a forced fumble, and tons of pressure.

BroncoWave
Fairley went unblocked on both of those plays. The TFL and the sack, no one touched him. I'm not discrediting Fairley, but don't let the stats fool his performance... In fact, he also just got a personal foul well after the whistle.

Get used to that if he comes to Denver. I love him and hope we draft him, but he is easily the dirtiest player in college football. Usually I'm not a fan of that kind of play but Denver's D needs some nastiness.

DenBronx
i think he's having a solid game...

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Fairly is playing better this game than any of our D-linemen have in any game this season. I'd be happy with him at #2.

FIX THE DAMNED D-LINE!!!!

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Nick Fairley is a bigger version of Bill Romanowski. He's very talented, nasty, and will do anything to win, including getting a stupid penalty every now and then because of his competitiveness.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Fairly is playing better this game than any of our D-linemen have in any game this season. I'd be happy with him at #2.

FIX THE DAMNED D-LINE!!!!

i would pull the trigger at pick #2 for fairley and not even think twice about it.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Hmmmm, something tells me that Meth isn't going to be happy regardless of what Fairley does.

Hmm, could it be that Meth just has a man-crush on Peterson and if we don't draft him then our future is shot?

Didn't you know that all sacks in the NFL are always coverage sacks and that Peterson is so good he can make our sorry-assed D-linemen look better by locking down every receiver on the other team simultaneously? :coffee:

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Get used to that if he comes to Denver. I love him and hope we draft him, but he is easily the dirtiest player in college football. Usually I'm not a fan of that kind of play but Denver's D needs some nastiness.

I agree, in a way. But you can be nasty without being a scumbag. Think Chris Spielman not Dick Seymour.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Hmm, could it be that Meth just has a man-crush on Peterson and if we don't draft him then our future is shot?

Didn't you know that all sacks in the NFL are always coverage sacks and that Peterson is so good he can make our sorry-assed D-linemen look better by locking down every receiver on the other team simultaneously? :coffee:

shutdown corners allow for crazy blitzing. so yes, they do make sorry-assed d lineman look much better

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:04 PM
shutdown corners allow for crazy blitzing. so yes, they do make sorry-assed d lineman look much better

We've had the best shutdown corner over the last decade, yet our D line has still looked like a bunch of high schoolers.

jhildebrand
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Fairley looks pretty good to me. I like that the kid has a nasty streak to him. That is just what this D needs!

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
We've had the best shutdown corner over the last decade, yet our D line has still looked like a bunch of high schoolers.

Consider Meth Pwned.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM

one shutdown corner just means the other side of the field gets abused. 2 is the formula for that to work

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Fairley saves a TD.

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
K. I'm retarded.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Fairley saves a TD.

On 2 straight plays.

jhildebrand
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't see how people cannot see this kid's dominance :noidea:

He single handedly owned that 4th down play. The problem is the better he plays he may justify the #2 pick!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Fairley looks to me like a guy who can play 3 technique in a 4-3 or could easily convert to 5 technique (and still be an effective penetrator) in a 3-4.

I LIKE THAT! :werd:

Skinny
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
What a beast. Watch the Panthers get him.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
What a beast. Watch the Panthers get him.

Bite your tongue Skinny.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
and this is against oregons offense.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Ive been high on this kid all year. He just doesnt let up, even after his PI call he came back and made a play. Thats what great players do.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
the o line for oregon is laughable, fairley is making plays but compared to going against a real nfl o lineman most wouldnt happen. these blocking attempts against him are pathetic

Northman
and this is against oregons offense.

Indeed. Oregon has averaged 50 points this year and Fairly has led the charge of shutting them down, especially the run game. Sound like something we need? You betcha. :D

underrated29
Avs are on intermission now.

What channel is this on gents?

jhildebrand
the o line for oregon is laughable, fairley is making plays but compared to going against a real nfl o lineman most wouldnt happen. these blocking attempts against him are pathetic

Stop digging man. You are just making things worse.

It's not like Auburn doesn't play in the SEC and doesn't see top notch lines every week of the college season :rolleyes:

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM

My god you are pathetic dude. :lol:

underrated29
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
edit- nevermind. I found it

what number is fairly?

BroncoBJ
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM

You just cant block Fairly can you? You can try though. :salute:

Fairly gets a break tonight. He goes from facing SEC teams week in and week out. To a weak lil pac10 team. :salute:

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM

what number is fairly?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM

what number is fairly?

#90, but the Auburn offense is on the field right now...

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Stop digging man. You are just making things worse.

It's not like Auburn doesn't play in the SEC and doesn't see top notch lines every week of the college season :rolleyes:

your saying a good o lineman lightly touches the d linemans shoulders expecting to stop him.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Meth, why do you want us to draft a CB so bad? Haven't we neglected the DL long enough?

underrated29
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
As much as I want Fairly to be a badass.

GO QUACK!!

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:19 PM
he doesn't even need to try to get past these terrible blocks, moss would be getting sacks against them

Clipworthy
Meth, why do you want us to draft a CB so bad? Haven't we neglected the DL long enough?

they need d line. but not this high in the draft

DenBronx
casey matthews looks ok tonight i guess. he saved a td in the 2nd quarter. i expected him to come out laying the wood.

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Fairley has played a significant part in 13 points in Auburns favor tonight! He pressured the passer on the first drive that led to a FG (4 pts), he made two awesome stops inside the 5 with one being on 4th down (7pts), and he played a big role in that safety (2 pts).

HORSEPOWER 56

He has a man-crush on Peterson, period. He's blinded to our needs by his love of Peterson. What he fails to realize is that if Champ Bailey can't get this defense out of the 30's, Peterson won't either... but he doesn't care, it's Peterson or bust for him.

chazoe60
they need d line. but not this high in the draft

Well we sure as Hell don't need to draft a CB that early.

DenBronx
As much as I want Fairly to be a badass.

GO QUACK!!

yeah i want to see the ducks win too.

their unis are sick.

BigSarge87
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I've watched him on every single play tonight and he hasn't been forced to step backwards one time. Not even on double teams. Yeah, I can't imagine anyone else being a better bet with our first pick.

The attitude kinda troubles me though. On the field it's great, I just hope he doesn't come out and be successful and start causing problems off the field and giving us contract nightmares. I think he's worth the risk.

DenBronx
Fairley has played a significant part in 13 points in Auburns favor tonight! He pressured the passer on the first drive that led to a FG (4 pts), he made two awesome stops inside the 5 with one being on 4th down (7pts), and he played a big role in that safety (2 pts).

he's looked dominant all year. i think he's the real deal and very versatile.

Northman
For the record all that Peterson contributed to in LSU's bowl game against the Aggies was 3 returns for 81 yds. Meanwhile, 3 other DB's on the same team had a INT each. Looks like Peterson disappears in big games.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Well we sure as Hell don't need to draft a CB that early.

likely to become a safety. we sure do have some stud safeties

HORSEPOWER 56
casey matthews looks ok tonight i guess. he saved a td in the 2nd quarter. i expected him to come out laying the wood.

Unfortunately, he doesn't really look too much like his brother (play wise, the hair is still there).

BroncoWave

He has been making these plays all season against NFL-caliber linemen in the SEC, so your argument is invalid.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Even better, Safeties are definitely not what you draft in the top 10....

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
He has been making these plays all season against NFL-caliber linemen in the SEC, so your argument is invalid.

i'm speaking for this game, not his entire season. your analysis of my statement is invalid

BroncoBJ
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
For the record all that Peterson contributed to in LSU's bowl game against the Aggies was 3 returns for 81 yds. Meanwhile, 3 other DB's on the same team had a INT each. Looks like Peterson disappears in big games.

Peterson made everyone around him better. :lol:

:salute:

DenBronx
I've watched him on every single play tonight and he hasn't been forced to step backwards one time. Not even on double teams. Yeah, I can't imagine anyone else being a better bet with our first pick.

The attitude kinda troubles me though. On the field it's great, I just hope he doesn't come out and be successful and start causing problems off the field and giving us contract nightmares. I think he's worth the risk.

alot of people compare his attitude to warren saps. he will get in your face for sure....most of our players on D are pretty soft.

we need to put the nasty back on this defense and i think fairley will bring that.

even suh was flagged MANY times this year for unsporting. so with that kind of talent i will take a few flags during the year to have dominance back on the d-line.

i'm 100% sold.

jhildebrand
your saying a good o lineman lightly touches the d linemans shoulders expecting to stop him.

The center on the 4th down stop was MUCH bigger than Fairley and Fairley had his way. Fairley is beating double teams and owning the LOS.

Look, its ok not to like the guy. But let's not pretend he isn't performing the way everybody else here sees it. :noidea:

As North said, he has touted him all season. I have tuned in to see if he was right and so far he is. I said the same thing about Suh 2 years ago. Either you see it or you don't.

By the way, why are you so hard up for a CB. We have had the best CB this league has ever seen and it got us a whopping NO WHERE!

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Our safties look like Ed Reed compared to our DL.

If Fairley is there and we don't get an offertory stockpile picks and still get a guy like Watt then we have to take him. We can not neglect this defensive front any longer.

BroncoBJ
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd rather have someone aggressive who isn't soft and can make plays week in and week out and get his few share of personal fouls.

Rather then a soft defense where maybe a player like McBean will have back to back face masking calls just to give the Jags the game. :fight:

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Even better, Safeties are definitely not what you draft in the top 10....

yeah, drafting the best athlete in this draft to revamp our defense, someone who can get interceptions, cover tons of ground, and make key tackles anywhere on the field to prevent all the huge runs would be a terrible idea

DenBronx
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent of Orange

The only reason he's not more dominant is because he is because of the offense that Oregon runs.

And there he goes again!

Northman
Fairly just owned the backfield. God i love this kid.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
He's a man among boys gents.

Northman
yeah, drafting the best athlete in this draft to revamp our defense, someone who can get interceptions, cover tons of ground, and make key tackles anywhere on the field to prevent all the huge runs would be a terrible idea

Yea, his name is Champ Bailey and we still have one of the worst defenses in the league. Thank god your not running this team. :lol:

Ziggy
My only problem with him this game is that he may be playing his way straight to Carolina.

Agent of Orange

You need to get with the fat guys. Peterson may look better in jeans but thats not a good enough reason to draft him ahead of a good defensive lineman.

BigSarge87
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I think we need to find a way to get another 2nd round pick. According to Scouts Inc. 12 of the top 27 prospects are defensive linemen. A lot of those guys are going to slide into the 2nd round. If we took 3 DL's with our first 3 picks we could be set at DL for a long time. Our linebackers would suddenly look much more talented IMO. If we could pick up another 2nd (Orton?) we could have a defensive draft for the ages this year.

Does anyone know when the compensatory picks are announced and what we are expecting as far as that goes?

DenBronx
stupid announcer said "i wonder how he likes carolina blue" :tsk:

Northman
My only problem with him this game is that he may be playing his way straight to Carolina.

Sadly, i think your right. :lol:

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I think we need to find a way to get another 2nd round pick. According to Scouts Inc. 12 of the top 27 prospects are defensive linemen. A lot of those guys are going to slide into the 2nd round. If we took 3 DL's with our first 3 picks we could be set at DL for a long time. Our linebackers would suddenly look much more talented IMO. If we could pick up another 2nd (Orton?) we could have a defensive draft for the ages this year.

Does anyone know when the compensatory picks are announced and what we are expecting as far as that goes?

I agree but paramount is to get someone really good if we can. What does that tell you when there are that many top DL picks but Fairley is top 5? It kind of says he's pretty awesome.

BroncoWave
01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
i'm speaking for this game, not his entire season. your analysis of my statement is invalid

So because he's dominating a weak o-line, like a top prospect should, that is a negative against him? Wow, that is some stellar logic.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Denver never does well when it comes to compensatory picks. You have to have actual talent to lose to free agency to have them awarded to you. The highest one this year should be a 3rd to the Panthers for Julius Peppers.

Clipworthy
Yea, his name is Champ Bailey and we still have one of the worst defenses in the league. Thank god your not running this team. :lol:

champ is all alone in the secondary. everyone here is confused on what 2 champ-type talents back there would do.

jets don't have the best d line. cromartie and revis allow them to blitz, in turn, making their d line and linebackers look great

Champ can't do it alone

BroncoBJ
None of this matters anyways though. Chances are we will draft offense in the 1st few rounds and maybe draft a DB in the later rounds. As we try to remake the offense and ignore the defense for yet another year. Wouldn't surprise me. :fight:

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
So because he's dominating a weak o-line, like a top prospect should, that is a negative against him? Wow, that is some stellar logic.

This guy smells a lot like MacGruder. The logic of some people is just baffling.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM

meaning anything impressive he does this game shouldn't be taken as dominance.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
champ is all alone in the secondary. everyone here is confused on what 2 champ-type talents back there would do.

jets don't have the best d line. cromartie and revis allow them to blitz, in turn, making their d line and linebackers look great

Champ can't do it alone

Jets have a FAR better Dline than we do and thats saying something. Furthermore, in 05' when we made our run we were unable to stop the Steelers defensively while THEIR DLINE tore Jake Plummer a new ass. They then went to win the SB. Who would of thunk it? And who are their DB's? Nobodies. They got a fantastic front seven and thats where success on defense starts.

chazoe60

Sorry but that's just horrid logic.

underrated29
oh man. As much as I like this guy, I think we can ONLY draft him if we move to the 4-3...

To me he looks just like a jimmy kennedy, alber haynesworth type of player. Only he does not suck like kennedy, but I see the same exact thing here.

Dude is a Baller, but he is NOT NOT NOT going to want to just stand up and eat up blockers and let the LB clean up the mess. That is not his game and I do not think he will play it. If we try to make him a 3-4 space eating end, his attitude is going to come out and we will see a haynesworth v2.0..imo.

I mean, when you are that good and talented and constantly get the taste for blood, QB blood. Why would you want to stop doing that and eat blockers. I wouldnt.

BigSarge87
I agree but paramount is to get someone really good if we can. What does that tell you when there are that many top DL picks but Fairley is top 5? It kind of says he's pretty awesome.

I think if we can't find two really good DL with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft we need to start playing womens softball.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
So, Fairly isn't quite Ndamukong Suh, but I'm quite fond of him. He's my new man-crush for the #2 overall pick.

Go get this dude, Xanders!

Clipworthy
Jets have a FAR better Dline than we do and thats saying something. Furthermore, in 05' when we made our run we were unable to stop the Steelers defensively while THEIR DLINE tore Jake Plummer a new ass. They then went to win the SB. Who would of thunk it? And who are their DB's? Nobodies. They got a fantastic front seven and thats where success on defense starts.

no jenkins. jets d line is average at best

BroncoWave

Let's pretend for a second this isn't a retarded stance. Even if your premise is true, you can simply look at his 9 SEC games in which he was going against future NFL lineman to see how dominant he is.

Now I know you are going to dismiss that because it doesn't fit into your argument of "we are only talking about this game", but it doesn't make your ridiculous stance any more correct.

jhildebrand

Do you watch football? More specifically, do you watch Broncos football? :confused:

If you did, you would realize this D has made untested QB's look like the second coming of Cool Joe Montana-Brady Quinn looked great against us as has JaMarcus Russell, Patrick Ramsey, Troy Smith, Matt Cassell, David Garrard, Mark Sanchez, and the list goes on.

DB's dont matter when the QB has all day to throw. You can have 11 Champs on the field and it wont matter.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Champ can't do it alone

your making it worse for yourself. the jets have a solid d-line.

underrated29
oops avs are back on. Im out.

BigSarge87
Denver never does well when it comes to compensatory picks. You have to have actual talent to lose to free agency to have them awarded to you. The highest one this year should be a 3rd to the Panthers for Julius Peppers.

Thanks for addressing this. Too bad.

Northman
oh man. As much as I like this guy, I think we can ONLY draft him if we move to the 4-3...

Which is basically the only type of players we have. Even for guys like Doom and Ayers both can easily go to the 4-3.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Let's pretend for a second this isn't a retarded stance. Even if your premise is true, you can simply look at his 9 SEC games in which he was going against future NFL lineman to see how dominant he is.

Now I know you are going to dismiss that because it doesn't fit into your argument of "we are only talking about this game", but it doesn't make your ridiculous stance any more correct.

Careful, your killing his arguement. Forget of course that Peterson did nothing vs a much worse team in the Aggies. :lol:

Agent of Orange
So, Fairly isn't quite Ndamukong Suh, but I'm quite fond of him. He's my new man-crush for the #2 overall pick.

Go get this dude, Xanders!

I really hope Carolina takes Bowers. Its a lot harder to find a player who can generate pressure up the middle like Fairley. If you put him on the same side as Doom, watch out.

Fairley might even be worth switching schemes for. Its not like Doom wasnt productive before Mike Nolan and its also not like there arent good 4-3 DCs either.

Clipworthy
your making it worse for yourself. the jets have a solid d-line.

they appear solid, because of what the scheme can do with great corners on each side

Ziggy
What Fairley does depends on the type of defense we run. Remember, Richard Seymour was dominant in a 3-4 defense in New England.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Do you watch football? More specifically, do you watch Broncos football? :confused:

If you did, you would realize this D has made untested QB's look like the second coming of Cool Joe Montana-Brady Quinn looked great against us as has JaMarcus Russell, Patrick Ramsey, Troy Smith, Matt Cassell, David Garrard, Mark Sanchez, and the list goes on.

DB's dont matter when the QB has all day to throw. You can have 11 Champs on the field and it wont matter.

hello, dumervil?

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
What Fairley does depends on the type of defense we run. Remember, Richard Seymour was dominant in a 3-4 defense in New England.

alot of people forget that fairley can play BOTH schemes. he would do fine in either one.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
how in the hell is cam "freaking fig" newton rated higher than tebow?

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:42 PM
He has better mechanics, but other than that, I have no idea.

underrated29
Which is basically the only type of players we have. Even for guys like Doom and Ayers both can easily go to the 4-3.

Well with it looking more and more like dennison or fox we will switch to the 43 as that is what they both run. or favor.

Agent of Orange
hello, dumervil?

OK, with Champ the last 3 years, Denver's defense has sucked for the most part. The only time it hasnt was when Doom had 17 sacks. And in that 6-0 start he had over 10 sacks. What does that tell you? Its all about pressure and stopping the run.

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Well with it looking more and more like dennison or fox we will switch to the 43 as that is what they both run. or favor.

Practically everyone theyve brought in (or will bring in)came from 4-3 teams.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:44 PM
He has better mechanics, but other than that, I have no idea.

he couldnt even beat out tebow when they both played for florida.

his accuracy doesnt seem elite at all.

i think alot of teams are enamoured with him because of his agility and that he's 6'6. vince young part 2.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:44 PM
OK, with Champ the last 3 years, Denver's defense has sucked for the most part. The only time it hasnt was when Doom had 17 sacks. And in that 6-0 start he had over 10 sacks. What does that tell you? Its all about pressure and stopping the run.

Not only that but down the stretch we started giving up huge runs. Did Meth seem to miss the game where Jamal Charles at our d for lunch? Where was Champ to save us? Oh yea, HE CANT DO IT ALONE. Well, no shit sherlock. Thats why you get Dline help. :lol:

nevcraw
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
This kid is sick..
and speaking of sick -- sick of years passive, self congratulatory guys who are happy when they make a tackle 10 yds. passed the LOS. time for some mean fatty SOB's to control the line.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I was really hoping that Newton would have a huge game and Fairley play decent tonight, to help the Broncos in the draft. The arguments for taking Fairley at 2 would have been harder, but oh well.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Not only that but down the stretch we started giving up huge runs. Did Meth seem to miss the game where Jamal Charles at our d for lunch? Where was Champ to save us? Oh yea, HE CANT DO IT ALONE. Well, no shit sherlock. Thats why you get Dline help. :lol:

d line isnt going to run down charles to the outside, but peterson would.

honz
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Brandon Burton!

BroncoWave
01-10-2011, 11:47 PM
how in the hell is cam "freaking fig" newton rated higher than tebow?

Because he's a better college player than Tebow was? :noidea:

He basically has the same skillset as Tebow except that he is bigger and faster. He may not have the same intangibles as Tebow, but I think he is every bit as good a pro prospect if not better than Tebow.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:47 PM
fairley created a double team which left carter open for the sack.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Oregon's playcalling is horrible. Yuck.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Cam Newton is way overrated too. I see bust in his future.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
d line isnt going to run down charles to the outside, but peterson would.

OMG! Yea, that sounds like a plan. Sounds like a guy name Foxworth that we used to have who did that. How bout we stop them in the backfield so they dont run for 40 yds. ahahahahahahahaa, oh man, your priceless ill give you that.

underrated29
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Who are the top 5 Cbs in the league right now?

in no order

1-champ
2-nnamndi
3-revis
4-finnegan (i dont think so but a lot do)
5-leon hall
6-woodson
7-rodgers comrartie
8- flowers
9-jenkins

And how many Superbowls have those guys won?

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Nice on Cam

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:51 PM

He basically has the same skillset as Tebow except that he is bigger and faster. He may not have the same intangibles as Tebow, but I think he is every bit as good a pro prospect if not better than Tebow.

uh, tebow was the best college player ever.

many people were saying tebow was a 3rd rounder. but cam newton could go early in the 1st. i dont get it.

DenBronx
hey casey matthews with the FF!!

Agent of Orange

It took Cam Newton time to adjust to the speed of the game at the college level. When he was at Florida, he wasnt that great. In fact, he kind of sucked. With Tebow, thats never really been that big of an issue. And at the NFL level, some guys never adjust to the speed of the game.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Fairly with the pressure!

honz
I see Gerald McCoy when I watch Fairly, not Suh...nobody nearly as good as Suh in this draft.

DenBronx
Who are the top 5 Cbs in the league right now?

in no order

1-champ
2-nnamndi
3-revis
4-finnegan (i dont think so but a lot do)
5-leon hall
6-woodson
7-rodgers comrartie
8- flowers
9-jenkins

And how many Superbowls have those guys won?

pwnd!!!!

Ziggy
Casey Matthews looked like his brother there.

DenBronx
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I see Gerald McCoy when I watch Fairly, not Suh...nobody nearly as good as Suh in this draft.

mccoys too nice.

Northman
Uh oh, the SUH comparison by Herbstrebt. lol, thats going to break Meth's heart.

BroncoWave
uh, tebow was the best college player ever.

many people were saying tebow was a 3rd rounder. but cam newton could go early in the 1st. i dont get it.

I'm as big a Tebow fan as there is, but Newton's year was more impressive than any year Tebow had IMO. He has significantly less talent around him than Tebow had and still led his team to an undefeated SEC season and looks to be close to a national title.

chazoe60
Oregon's QB is awful

Agent of Orange

Quite honestly, Fairley has had a better year this year than Suh had last year. That doesnt mean he's a better prospect but he's had a better year.

honz
Casey Matthews is Clay Matthews/Brian Cushing without steroids.

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Lmao, ref screwed that play up.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Fairley's 2nd mistake there.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Stupid play by Fairley there

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM

^ smart guy

Northman
01-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm as big a Tebow fan as there is, but Newton's year was more impressive than any year Tebow had IMO. He has significantly less talent around him than Tebow had and still led his team to an undefeated SEC season and looks to be close to a national title.

Hate to say it but i agree. The key point for me was when they trailed Bama 21-0 and came back to win that game. And Bama has a good defense.

UnderArmour
01-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I think Carolina might roll with AJ Green this year instead of going defense. Did anyone else notice how atrocious their O was this year? Also, the pitch INSIDE was awesome.

BroncoWave
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
It took Cam Newton time to adjust to the speed of the game at the college level. When he was at Florida, he wasnt that great. In fact, he kind of sucked. With Tebow, thats never really been that big of an issue. And at the NFL level, some guys never adjust to the speed of the game.

This is just full of inaccuracies. You can't really say he sucked at Florida when he was stuck behind Tebow as a freshman and barely played. He didn't play enough to make any sort of judgement.

And he never had trouble adjusting to the speed of the game this season. In his first SEC game against Mississippi State, who had a great defense this year, he wasn't dominant but still had a very good game. After that point he dominated every single game.

Skinny
Good game.

Northman
Game coming down to the wire. Newton's fumble proved costly.

DenBronx
tie ballgame.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Oregon is finally starting to figure out that need to roll the QB away from the Auburn Dline.

Clipworthy
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Fairley----> sacks

Peterson---> turnovers

i guess that's what my argument comes down to

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:00 AM
This is just full of inaccuracies. You can't really say he sucked at Florida when he was stuck behind Tebow as a freshman and barely played. He didn't play enough to make any sort of judgement.

And he never had trouble adjusting to the speed of the game this season. In his first SEC game against Mississippi State, who had a great defense this year, he wasn't dominant but still had a very good game. After that point he dominated every single game.

Its not inaccurate at all. He sucked in spring ball and thats when it should be semi-easy. He also sucked when if/when he played.

Don't make stuff up.

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Fairley----> sacks

Peterson---> turnovers

pressure on the QB creates turnovers. i think that's everyones point.

Northman
01-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Peterson---> turnovers

Except in Bowl games.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM

we have dumervil for pressure, pressure isn't in a state of emergency just because of what this team is like without him

Ziggy
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I think Carolina might roll with AJ Green this year instead of going defense. Did anyone else notice how atrocious their O was this year? Also, the pitch INSIDE was awesome.

I agree. You also never know which QB is going to fly up the boards. 1 or 2 of them inevitably do during the offseason all star games and combine.

Buff
01-11-2011, 12:03 AM
we have dumervil for pressure, pressure isn't in a state of emergency just because of what this team is like without him

Just stop. Please stop.

Northman
01-11-2011, 12:03 AM

And of course stopping the run, something that Doom isnt that great at nor anyone else on this team.

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM

Dumervils been a OLB since we switched to the 3-4. We are looking for DE's and DT's.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Just stop. Please stop.

..... :D

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Auburn's kicker looks nervous.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Dumervils been a OLB since we switched to the 3-4. We are looking for DE's and DT's.

really, i had no idea

UnderArmour
Fairley----> sacks

Peterson---> turnovers

Peterson isn't even the best CB in the draft; Prince Amukamara is. Fairley is an elite player at a position Denver has needed to upgrade since Pryce broke down.

Northman
Great job by Auburn.

BroncoWave
Its not inaccurate at all. He sucked in spring ball and thats when it should be semi-easy. He also sucked when if/when he played.

Don't make stuff up.

His Freshman year at Florida he averaged 6.4 YPC, rushed for 3 TD, and was 5/10 for 40 yards. Never fumbled or threw a pick. I don't know what your definition of sucking is but those stats are just fine for a freshman IMO.

And even if you are correct and he did suck as a freshman, how in the world does that take away from what he did this year? His season this year was still better than any year Tebow had.

dogfish

what number is fairly?

his jersey is the one that says "bad mother ****er". . .

:elefant:

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:07 AM
They should have just let him score and left room for a couple of plays on offense.

Northman
Peterson isn't even the best CB in the draft; Prince Amukamara is. Fairley is an elite player at a position Denver has needed to upgrade since Pryce broke down.

Indeed. I keep hearing that Peterson is the BPA at #2 yet most mock drafts have Prince rated above him.

Clipworthy
When did I ever say D line didn't need to be addressed. We're talking about one pick here

underrated29
How many picks does the Cb with the most this year have?

Is it 8 to woodson? or was that last year. I do not thin anyone has double digit ints.

But double digit sacks, and pressure which create turnovers, and stopping the run. I like that. Especially when we stop the run BEFORE they get the first down.

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
his freshman year at florida he averaged 6.4 ypc, rushed for 3 td, and was 5/10 for 40 yards. Never fumbled or threw a pick. I don't know what your definition of sucking is but those stats are just fine for a freshman imo.

And even if you are correct and he did suck as a freshman, how in the world does that take away from what he did this year? His season this year was still better than any year tebow had.

compare his college stats against tebows.

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
His Freshman year at Florida he averaged 6.4 YPC, rushed for 3 TD, and was 5/10 for 40 yards. Never fumbled or threw a pick. I don't know what your definition of sucking is but those stats are just fine for a freshman IMO.

And even if you are correct and he did suck as a freshman, how in the world does that take away from what he did this year? His season this year was still better than any year Tebow had.

Did you even watch him?

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Credit auburns defense.

Ziggy
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Now that was a great game.

chazoe60
01-11-2011, 12:15 AM
And a 2:00 offense against another scared and unaggresive defense takes down yet another victim. How many times will we see that kind of crap before DCs around the world quit becoming pussies at the end of games?

BroncoWave
01-11-2011, 12:16 AM
compare his college stats against tebows.

Newton's Heisman year he had a better completion %, better QB rating, more yards per pass, and 500 more rushing yards than Tebow had in his Hensman year, all with far less talent around him than Tebow had.

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Credit auburns defense.

Fairley played a major part in denying Oregon 11 points while also playing a major role in giving them 2 pts on that safet.

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:17 AM
newton's heisman year he had a better completion %, better qb rating, more yards per pass, and 500 more rushing yards than tebow had in his hensman year, all with far less talent around him than tebow had.

auburns defense has carried newton.

BroncoWave
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
auburns defense has carried newton.

:lol: wow. I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
And a 2:00 offense against another scared and unaggresive defense takes down yet another victim. How many times will we see that kind of crap before DCs around the world quit becoming pussies at the end of games?

And yet another instance of an SEC team holding a team that scores a ton of points to less than 20. I remember 2 years ago when Florida did the same to Oklahoma.

CrazyHorse
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Not to be picky but isn't this thread in the wrong forum?

DenBronx
Newton's Heisman year he had a better completion %, better QB rating, more yards per pass, and 500 more rushing yards than Tebow had in his Hensman year, all with far less talent around him than Tebow had.

why dont you list their whole stats their whole career?

this was newtons one year wonder....tebow did it every year.

topscribe
he doesn't even need to try to get past these terrible blocks, moss would be getting sacks against them

Meth is Peterson's Jags . . .

-----

DenBronx
01-11-2011, 12:21 AM
:lol: wow. I really hope you are being sarcastic.

i'm not...they just shut down the nations best offense. i didnt really see newton look spectacular in the pocket tonight. he did look good on the run though.

Ziggy
01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately, Meth has lost a ton of respect around here before he even got to his 150th post. Maybe he's just having a bad night.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Meth is Peterson's Jags . . .

-----

can someone decode this for me

topscribe
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
can someone decode this for me

Okay. Meth is Orton's Top. :lol:

-----

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately, Meth has lost a ton of respect around here before he even got to his 150th post. Maybe he's just having a bad night.

I'm riding the peterson bandwagon until Goodell walks on that stage and says otherwise :cool:

chazoe60
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Okay. Meth is Orton's Top. :lol:

-----

I always knew Orton was a bottom.

BroncoWave
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
why dont you list their whole stats their whole career?

this was newtons one year wonder....tebow did it every year.

Tebow was in a better situation to play more games than Newton was. Newton had the misfortune of being behind the best QB in the nation his first 2 years, and in his first season with a chance to prove himself he had more than done so. To say he is a one-year wonder is ridiculous. Yeah this is his only big year but it was better than any year Tebow had.

topscribe
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
I always knew Orton was a bottom.

Just couldn't help yourself, could you, Chaz? :D

-----

BroncoWave
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
i'm not...they just shut down the nations best offense. i didnt really see newton look spectacular in the pocket tonight. he did look good on the run though.

This is clearly the first Auburn game you watched all season then. Their defense was atrocious this season. Just look at their national ranks.

dunk7
01-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm not a Tebow fan but if I had the choice between him and Newton, I'd take Tebow in a heartbeat. Tebow seems hellbent on proving he can play QB. I get the impression that Newton will be the next JarMarcus Russell.

chazoe60
Just couldn't help yourself, could you, Chaz? :D

-----

How could I? You set it up so perfectly.

Northman

:lol:

Nah, almost every thread he starts is promoting Peterson. He rarely even talks about anything else. I think its pretty clear what kind of poster he is and you can group him with guys MacGruder and Jags. But, every board has these kinds of guys so you have to just laugh and enjoy the ride.

topscribe
01-11-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm not a Tebow fan but if I had the choice between him and Newton, I'd take Tebow in a heartbeat. Tebow seems hellbent on proving he can play QB. I get the impression that Newton will be the next JarMarcus Russell.

Did Cam look that fat to you? :look:

-----

underrated29
01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Ive never watched cam newton, because I do not watch college. But what I have watched is Tim Tebow be 100% Touchdowns when in the redzone!

Now I did miss the houston game as I was in china, but every game he has been in and or started I can not remember one time that Tebow did not score a TD or lead a TD when in the redzone.

Can Cam do that?-asking because I have no clue.

Northman
01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
This is clearly the first Auburn game you watched all season then. Their defense was atrocious this season. Just look at their national ranks.

Yea, that was what was very surprising about this game. I mean, Arkansas put up 42 i think on them in a shootout. And generally Oregon lights it up in the 2nd half but as a unit lead by Fairly Auburn came in with a great gameplan and played the best ive seen them all year.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM

Nah, almost every thread he starts is promoting Peterson. He rarely even talks about anything else. I think its pretty clear what kind of poster he is and you can group him with guys MacGruder and Jags. But, every board has these kinds of guys so you have to just laugh and enjoy the ride.

This thread was about Fairley......didn't even mention Peterson until later

Northman
01-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Ive never watched cam newton, because I do not watch college. But what I have watched is Tim Tebow be 100% Touchdowns when in the redzone!

Now I did miss the houston game as I was in china, but every game he has been in and or started I can not remember one time that Tebow did not score a TD or lead a TD when in the redzone.

Can Cam do that?-asking because I have no clue.

Yea, he's run it like 20 yds are more into the endzone. He is also caught like a 20 or 30 yd pass for a TD as well. Dont know if he will be better or worse than Tebow but the kid had a fantastic year considering.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2011, 12:33 AM
After further review, I respectfully request from Elway and Xanders - Nick Fairley with the #2 overall pick...

Thank you. :defense:

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
And for what it's worth, Auburns secondary isnt very good. But guess what? It didnt matter because the defensive line matters that much if they can dominate.

Ziggy
01-11-2011, 12:38 AM
This thread was about Fairley......didn't even mention Peterson until later

Correction. This thread was about how unimpressed you are with Fairley.

honz
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Yes it is, because he could very well be injured again in the near future.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Correction. This thread was about how unimpressed you are with Fairley.

Wasn't he the defensive player of the game? :confused:

Yeah, that guy. Not very impressive... :rolleyes:

zbeg
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM

Like the interception Fairley caused in the first half when he pressured the QB.

EMB6903
01-11-2011, 01:19 AM

Posted way too early.

Fairley was the most impressive player on the field tonight.

Nick
01-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Fairley killed it tonight. Carolina is going to have a difficult choice to make. I would be very happy with him as a bronco.

Dzone
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
I thoiught the guy came through and waS dominanat. Got defensive player of the game...He has loads of athletic skill at 6-5 300...The announcers even said "hope he likes wearing carolina blue"...We may have lost our chance at Fairley anyway...that sucks because he could be a huge part of our def3ense right away

Dzone
01-11-2011, 01:36 AM
After further review, I respectfully request from Elway and Xanders - Nick Fairley with the #2 overall pick...

Thank you. :defense:
I completely agree! But I think we lost him tonight to Carolina

Dzone
01-11-2011, 01:42 AM
It is not wise to draft cornerbacks so high because the NFL is out to completely emasculate them anyway They cant touch anyone. It just makes sense to put our money up front where it counts and get by with fair to decent DBs...If we pressure up front, the DBs will have it much easier, whomever we have back there. Maybe sydquan will play well, Goodman has played well. Maybe Mcbath will prove to not be a complete 2nd round bust..But lets get some athletes up front who can do it all. Grab a safety in later rounds or FA

Dzone
01-11-2011, 01:55 AM
The announcers also said they hadn't seen such defensive dominance since Ndomokong Suh...thats why I think we have lost Fairley to Carolina...that leaves DaQuan Bowers who didnt record a sack in his last game...So much can happen between now and April 30...

JDL
01-11-2011, 02:10 AM

Not surprising... he has issues keeping his head.

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 02:17 AM
If Carolina takes an offensive minded coach.......

Carolina takes AJ Green.

May take him no matter what. AJ Green single handedly makes Steve Smith, Clausen, and both RBs better when he walks through the door. He is a beast.

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Just think. Fairley is a baby.

When he adds some muscle, he will be ruthless, running rampant on Brady and Peyton.

Considering the offensive pace of Oregon, his play was amazing.

And I want some nastiness to our defense too.

Not personal foul kind of nastiness, but........Tony Boselli kind of nastiness.

This guy can bring it.

JDL
01-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Ha ha... Prince as the best CB in this draft... people clearly don't watch much college football... Prince is the next Michael Booker... guy plays soft, he's a better version of Willie Middlebrooks actually... covers ok, not the greatest ball skills. I have every reason to pimp the guy actually... but he isn't anywhere near Peterson's class of prospect, Peterson
projects to be like Charles Woodson... people should actually watch some college games instead of being like well every mock I've seen has Prince ahead of him... really?

http://www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html
http://sidelinescouting.com/mock/
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/melkiper/index?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fmelkiper%2findex

Lol... Peterson rates way higher than Amukamara and it isn't close.

JDL
01-11-2011, 02:26 AM

When he adds some muscle, he will be ruthless, running rampant on Brady and Peyton.

This guy can bring it.

I will never get the Fairley love... guy is every bit the dirty player Haynesworth is and if that is what you want you can literally trade back with Washington for Haynesworth RIGHT NOW and get a player far more proven. That is who Fairley is ... he is mental midget on the field that will cost whatever team he ends up on with stupid cheap shots.

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 02:28 AM
I will never get the Fairley love... guy is every bit the dirty player Haynesworth is and if that is what you want you can literally trade back with Washington for Haynesworth RIGHT NOW and get a player far more proven. That is who Fairley is ... he is mental midget on the field that will cost whatever team he ends up on with stupid cheap shots.

Sez you.:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Nick Fairley, come on up!

Dude is dominant as hell and plays salty. Love it. Get that guy on our defense.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 02:51 AM

That does concern me. But there really aren't any dominant players in this years draft. Our best bet to not go for a player is to just trade back and try and stockpile.

Northman
01-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Sez you.:coffee:

And considering his history doesnt say much. :lol:

dogfish
01-11-2011, 03:30 AM

if haynesworth would just play hard every snap, he would be considered one of the three-to-five best defensive players in the league, and basically no one would care that he stomped gurode five years ago. . .

dogfish
01-11-2011, 03:32 AM

This guy can bring it.

i think you meant tom nalen kind of nastiness. . . . ;)

Magnificent Seven
01-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Draft Bowers

Trade someone for Patrick Peterson

Get Nnamdi Asomugha signs with the Broncos

Deal with Champ Bailey.

dogfish
01-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Draft Bowers

Trade someone for Patrick Peterson

Get Nnamdi Asomugha signs with the Broncos

Deal with Champ Bailey.

you forgot the part where we trade orton and a third for peyton manning because the colts don't want to pay him. . . :listen:

zbeg
01-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Nick Fairley, come on up!

Dude is dominant as hell and plays salty. Love it. Get that guy on our defense.

Let's not get too attached to the idea of drafting this kid. He completely blew up the #1 offense in the country and forced them to drastically alter their gameplan, forced a turnover, had the goal line tackles, and didn't tire as the game went on (particularly impressive considering it came against Oregon, the most tiring team in the country to play against).

I think he just jumped up to the #1 overall pick. Let's start looking at Da'Quan Bowers highlights and getting excited about him instead. I would love Fairley to be a Bronco after seeing what he did to a usually ridiculous Oregon offense tonight, but I think the Panthers brass will make him the first pick.

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Robert Quinn will be in the conversation once the workouts get done.

Id take him vs Bowers.:coffee:

TXBRONC
01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure what some of you guys are talking about from what I saw of Fairley he a very disruptive force last night.

lgenf
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
If Carolina takes an offensive minded coach.......

Carolina takes AJ Green.

May take him no matter what. AJ Green single handedly makes Steve Smith, Clausen, and both RBs better when he walks through the door. He is a beast.

Carolina is about to announce they signed Rivera today, look for the press announcement to be released at some point today.

It seems they have a few details to wrap up (b/c someone said the deal is not done) but they didn't say they are no where close and my guess is that ESPN and all the people that report to them don't screw up too often, so it looks to be a done deal with some minor points to fix.

Poet
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Champ can't do it alone

Cromartie has one of the worst completion percentages in the league, is a top leader in pass interferences and has given up 6 TDs this year....

Rex Ryan defenses help corners more than corners help them.

GEM
01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Funny, on Mike & Mike this morning they were raving about Fairly. Called him player of the game. Weird.

GEM
01-11-2011, 10:31 AM

Ask Champ how that has worked out the last 6 years. ;)

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Funny, on Mike & Mike this morning they were raving about Fairly. Called him player of the game. Weird.

Well obviously the player of the game.....only 1 other player in the entire game even remotely close to being considered top 1st round talent.......

Dzone
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
He was dominant in that game last night. He will be the most talked about defensive player going up to the draft, just like Suh was last year

Northman
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure what some of you guys are talking about from what I saw of Fairley he a very disruptive force last night.

Dont you understand, Oregon was just a horrible team. :lol:

Agent of Orange
The announcers also said they hadn't seen such defensive dominance since Ndomokong Suh...thats why I think we have lost Fairley to Carolina...that leaves DaQuan Bowers who didnt record a sack in his last game...So much can happen between now and April 30...

Carolina has the 30th ranked offense. A lot will happen between now and the draft. Guys will run 40s, guys will do a lot of reps at the bench press, and guys will start throwing around the football without pads causing a lot of oohs and aahs.

Clipworthy
Ask Champ how that has worked out the last 6 years. ;)

I bet he hates that the opposite side of the field gets abused every year :cool:

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I just find it ironic that a guy cauled Methosaurus starts this thread to criticize Fairley throughout the night but by the time the game is over, Methosaurus is extinct. No one cares about what he says on the matter any longer.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I just find it ironic that a guy cauled Methosaurus starts this thread to criticize Fairley throughout the night but by the time the game is over, Methosaurus is extinct. No one cares about what he says on the matter any longer.

I ain't extinct, and could care less about your critique of me

Poet
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I bet he hates that the opposite side of the field gets abused every year :cool:

The Bengals have had the best corner tandem that the NFL has seen in about ten years. Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall are two top ten corners in the NFL and both of their stats last year were on par with Champ Bailey.

This year the Bengals' pass rush imploded upon itself and their play suffered for it.

I'll go ahead and odds that Peterson is a worse corner than either of them, not because they're elite HoFers or because Peterson is a bum, but because I'll take odds on most players not being top ten at their position.

It's not going to do anything. Do you know why most teams stop at having on elite corner? It's because in today's NFL the rules favor Wr's so much that it's a waste of time.

Of course my team botched the shit out that logic and paid for it this year and last year, but we're the Bengals......

Also, the point of "well him and Bailey will destroy the NFL," is a moot point. Champs an older model, his prime is over. He's not an elite corner anymore, he's just a good one and he may not be a Bronco next season anyway.

Front sevens define defenses. Corners do not.

TXBRONC
01-11-2011, 10:43 AM

After what I saw last night I wouldn't hesitate to take him over Peterson.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
The Bengals have had the best corner tandem that the NFL has seen in about ten years. Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall are two top ten corners in the NFL and both of their stats last year were on par with Champ Bailey.

This year the Bengals' pass rush imploded upon itself and their play suffered for it.

I'll go ahead and odds that Peterson is a worse corner than either of them, not because they're elite HoFers or because Peterson is a bum, but because I'll take odds on most players not being top ten at their position.

It's not going to do anything. Do you know why most teams stop at having on elite corner? It's because in today's NFL the rules favor Wr's so much that it's a waste of time.

Of course my team botched the shit out that logic and paid for it this year and last year, but we're the Bengals......

Also, the point of "well him and Bailey will destroy the NFL," is a moot point. Champs an older model, his prime is over. He's not an elite corner anymore, he's just a good one and he may not be a Bronco next season anyway.

Front sevens define defenses. Corners do not.

We need D line. When the **** did I say otherwise. We're talking about a single move here, the #2 pick, a very important move but still only one. Everyone needs to pay attention before they take me for a joke.

Poet
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
We need D line. When the **** did I say otherwise. We're talking about a single move here, the #2 pick, a very important move but still only one. Everyone needs to pay attention before they take me for a joke.

You're saying you need a DB over the biggest hole on a horrific defense....

You also have the name "MethoSauRus".

Skinny
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Cromartie has one of the worst completion percentages in the league, is a top leader in pass interferences and has given up 6 TDs this year....

Rex Ryan defenses help corners more than corners help them.Now THAT'S the Antonio Cromartie i know.....

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
You're saying you need a DB over the biggest hole on a horrific defense....

You also have the name "MethoSauRus".

I'm saying we need a backfield playmaker this high in the draft then address the D line immediately after and through f/a.

and enough with the namecism

Poet
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm saying we need a backfield playmaker this high in the draft then address the D line immediately after and through f/a.

and enough with the namecism

YOUR NAME IS METHOSAURUS!

At what point is that ever a good idea?

Also, young corners get bent over like strippers. So do defensive lineman, so go with the better player.

GEM
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Well obviously the player of the game.....only 1 other player in the entire game even remotely close to being considered top 1st round talent.......

I'm sorry, I am so far past the point of listening to anything you say on any player in the 1st round other than Peterson. You aren't objective and you refuse to listen to reason. So....what did you say, again?

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
YOUR NAME IS METHOSAURUS!

At what point is that ever a good idea?

Also, young corners get bent over like strippers. So do defensive lineman, so go with the better player.

It's been a name I've used for years, sir

and according the the "pro analysts", Patrick Peterson is the "surest thing"

and Devin McCourtey is a terrible corner.

SOCALORADO.
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Failey was a beast last night. He had help from an undersized ORE O-line, but hes been a beast against every kind of competition throughout the year.
Hes plain good, and perfect for a 3-4 front.
However, Patrick Peterson is a beast in his own right as well.

Patrick Peterson has a chance to be the highest drafted cornerback since Shawn Springs was drafted third overall by the Seattle Seahawks in 1997. Peterson might be the most physically talented secondary prospect since the late great Sean Taylor was drafted fifth overall by the Washington Redskins in 2004.
To put that in perspective, I believe Taylor was the most physically talented safety to ever play the game of football.
Peterson’s athletic skill set almost seems like it should be an oxymoron. He is gigantic, standing 6’1 and over 215 pounds but runs a sub 4.4 40-yard dash, and has the hips and light feet of a dancer.
It’s like some crazy NFL general manager went to some mad scientist with hair samples from Deion Sanders and Nnamdi Asomugha and told him to create a hybrid being from the two.
Peterson is like the Andre Johnson of cornerbacks. He can out-muscle you, out quick you and out fast you. He can lay a devastating jam at the line of scrimmage against players like Larry Fitzgerald with his Spider-Man long arms and has the speed and hips to handle speedsters like the Carolina Panther’s Steve Smith.
And did I mention that he loves to play the run? Peterson is so good against the run it’s like having a safety lined up over a wide receiver. Offenses quickly learn that running sweeps, tosses or screens to Peterson’s side of the field are not a good idea.
And to top all of this off Peterson is a devastating kick and punt returner. He has Joshua Cribbs potential in this regard, a total game changer.
Any team that drafts Peterson is getting an elite player who can help them control two out of the three phases of the game. That is why Peterson is a blue chip prospect, and that is why he is a lock for the top 10.
http://www.truesportscore.com/forums/nfl-mock-offseason/61079-2011-nfl-draft-these-5-blue-chip-prospects-locks-top-10-a.html

GEM
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM

I bet he hates that because the other 10 guys on his team sucks, his shutdown ability has lead to 1 playoff win and no Super Bowls.

I hardly think he's worried about 1 player on the other side of the field. I think he's more worried about the 7 guys in front of him that let everything past them.

But again, you aren't objective in the least, so you see what you want to see.

Clipworthy
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Failey was a beast last night. He had help from an undersized ORE O-line, but hes been a beast against every kind of competition throughout the year.
Hes plain good, and perfect for a 3-4 front.
However, Patrick Peterson is a beast in his own right as well.

Patrick Peterson has a chance to be the highest drafted cornerback since Shawn Springs was drafted third overall by the Seattle Seahawks in 1997. Peterson might be the most physically talented secondary prospect since the late great Sean Taylor was drafted fifth overall by the Washington Redskins in 2004.
To put that in perspective, I believe Taylor was the most physically talented safety to ever play the game of football.
Peterson’s athletic skill set almost seems like it should be an oxymoron. He is gigantic, standing 6’1 and over 215 pounds but runs a sub 4.4 40-yard dash, and has the hips and light feet of a dancer.
It’s like some crazy NFL general manager went to some mad scientist with hair samples from Deion Sanders and Nnamdi Asomugha and told him to create a hybrid being from the two.
Peterson is like the Andre Johnson of cornerbacks. He can out-muscle you, out quick you and out fast you. He can lay a devastating jam at the line of scrimmage against players like Larry Fitzgerald with his Spider-Man long arms and has the speed and hips to handle speedsters like the Carolina Panther’s Steve Smith.
And did I mention that he loves to play the run? Peterson is so good against the run it’s like having a safety lined up over a wide receiver. Offenses quickly learn that running sweeps, tosses or screens to Peterson’s side of the field are not a good idea.
And to top all of this off Peterson is a devastating kick and punt returner. He has Joshua Cribbs potential in this regard, a total game changer.
Any team that drafts Peterson is getting an elite player who can help them control two out of the three phases of the game. That is why Peterson is a blue chip prospect, and that is why he is a lock for the top 10.
http://www.truesportscore.com/forums/nfl-mock-offseason/61079-2011-nfl-draft-these-5-blue-chip-prospects-locks-top-10-a.html

I hope to one day meet you and give you a real high-five