PDA

View Full Version : New Coach to be hired by Wed Jan 19

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

I can not for the life of me get the link to work.

It is a short article... listing the interviews scheduled...
and at the bottom of the article Klis asserts that the Broncos
will have a new Head Coach in place no later than wednesday Jan 19, 2011.

That is all.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
If true... then of the names we have been hearing...
a HC is most likely among them.

This would mean No Mularkey or anyone from a team
succesful in the playoffs.

No interview with Rivera is scheduled.
I guess there is some behind the scenes reason we have not heard...
why they are leaving Rivera off the list.

BroncoNut
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
that's pretty arrogant. I would think that the winning candidate would have to accept the job offer.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
that's pretty arrogant. I would think that the winning candidate would have to accept the job offer.

The lucrative position of Head Coach of the Broncos is a plum prize.

I doubt they would try to hire an interviewee
if he was reluctant to take the job.

I think Rivera is gonna go to the Panthers... he had a 2nd interview.
I am thinking that it will be either Fox or Dennison here.
Just a guess.

Skinny
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Rivera to be named Panthers HC tuesday according to Schefter. Via twitter.

BroncoNut
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
The lucrative position of Head Coach of the Broncos is a plum prize.

I doubt they would try to hire an interviewee
if he was reluctant to take the job.

a Plum Prize? would you want to do it? Personally, I think it would suck.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM

I am not qualified nor would the job be offered.
Silly question.

Deal is...

There are only 32 NFL teams in the WORLD.

There are only 3 HC openings of those 32 ( I dont count the Raiders)

If Rivera goes to Carolina... there are only 2 openings.

Cleveland and Denver. The only two NFL HC jobs available in the WORLD.

HC of the Denver Broncos is a plum prize for any NFL coach.
It is an opportunity. It is job advancement.
It is in a GREAT football city... a chance to work with a GREAT owner...
and to get in on the ground floor here with Elway.

Sure , there might be some people who would not want the job.

There are, however, many NFL and College coaches who would LOVE this opportunity.
Several of them are interviewing here this week and next.

If a HC came here... and was a part of rebuilding this team...
and there is any measure of success...
it will MAKE his career.

Is it a risk? Yep. Any hire or job is a risk.
Look at McD. He jacked this team up, but good.

Now... it is a prime place for a HC to turn this around and come out smelling like a rose.

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I am not qualified nor would the job be offered.
Silly question.

Deal is...

There are only 32 NFL teams in the WORLD.

There are only 3 HC openings of those 32 ( I dont count the Raiders)

If Rivera goes to Carolina... there are only 2 openings.

Cleveland and Denver. The only two NFL HC jobs available in the WORLD.

and to get in on the ground floor here with Elway.

Sure , there might be some people who would not want the job.

There are, however, many NFL and College coaches who would LOVE this opportunity.
Several of them are interviewing here this week and next.

If a HC came here... and was a part of rebuilding this team...
and there is any measure of success...
it will MAKE his career.

Is it a risk? Yep. Any hire or job is a risk.
Look at McD.

YES!!!! And we are going to hire the coach of the ONLY team to do worse than we did this year.....

WHILE Carolina is going to hire a guy who coached in the Super Bowl, HAD the #1 defense this year and is considered THE best candidate out there right now.

I am going to be sick......if this happens

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Hope Elway gets on the horn and makes a lot of quick calls. So far so bad.

MadMax
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I think this means it will be fox, Mike Mccoy was under him his entire nfl career until we hired him, it just makes too much sense to keep the offensive staff about the same but allow fox(a defensive coach) to fix the defense.

underrated29
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM

I would do it in a heartbeat. I would suck at it as I am not a headcoach type. But why would you not take it? I mean I would be the assistant water boy if offered. Ideally it would be as a RB or QB coach or scouting, but alas it will never happen.

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I think this means it will be fox, Mike Mccoy was under him his entire nfl career until we hired him, it just makes too much sense to keep the offensive staff about the same but allow fox(a defensive coach) to fix the defense.

I don't think Elway is that enamored with the offense. He's already spoken of wanting to get back to running the ball.

NightTrainLayne
01-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think Elway is that enamored with the offense. He's already spoken of wanting to get back to running the ball.

McCoy was part of the Panther's coaching staff during its impressive running attack in 2008 and prior.

Northman
01-10-2011, 04:04 PM

My guess would be they expect to offer someone before the actual announcement. However, if such a person doesnt take the off do they postpone the date?

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
and

You've basically just described arguably 28-29 NFL organizations. Let's not sit here and pretend that Denver is some exception. It's a very good job opportunity that just happens to be available, just like Cleveland. Just like any NFL job that becomes available.

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Rick Dennison will be the HC by Sat.

That is my guess.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
As part of the process.. I am sure they ask the question...
"Do you want to coach here?"

They will not offer the job to a guy who says...

"Eh, not so much.."

Would a guy do a great interview...
win the job...
then on national televison... TURN IT DOWN?

Man alive... McD has damaged this fanbase badly...
that there is this paranoid thinking out there
that being the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos is something bad.
or that we will pick a candidate who interviews well...
and then he would laugh at us and turn it down.

I really resent Josh for all the damage he did here.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I really resent Josh for all the damage he did here.

Do you blame Bowlen for any of that? An owner who basically gave a virgin HC the skeleton key to the entire organization, and played puppet to him when he basically single handidly dismantled our roster?

I blame Bowlen and his "business plan" for the damage that has come to the organization the last couple years.

BroncoJoe
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

WTF has become of the Broncos fans?

Mike
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

The internets?

cuzz4169
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm glade Rivera is not gonna be our coach....

BroncoJoe
01-10-2011, 04:43 PM
The internets?

Whatever it is, a lot of crap I read on here and elsewhere nearly makes me embarrassed to be a Broncos fan.

slim
01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I hope they get it done before the 19th.

Need to start putting a staff together ASAP.

dogfish
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

what the hell is your problem now?

:lol:

BeefStew25
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm glade Rivera is not gonna be our coach....

Oh I see your angle. Just pick your produce, right?

WTE
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Rick Dennison will be the HC by Sat.

That is my guess.

I'm going with Ben McDaniels.

That's my guess.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/chieftain.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/4/06/1d7/4061d7be-0a72-11e0-af6b-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4d0c5848b0b6e.image.jpg

BroncoJoe
01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
what the hell is your problem now?

:lol:

I'm not the one with the problem, fish.

BroncoWave
01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
YES!!!! And we are going to hire the coach of the ONLY team to do worse than we did this year.....

WHILE Carolina is going to hire a guy who coached in the Super Bowl, HAD the #1 defense this year and is considered THE best candidate out there right now.

Discounting a coach because of one season could not be more ignorant. Look at his playoff success in the last 9 years and look at the Broncos. It doesn't even compare. From what I've read he has had poor ownership in Carolina and they haven't been willing to spend to give him elite talent. He seems to be a very well respected head coach from everyone in the media who has covered him.

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Discounting a coach because of one season could not be more ignorant. Look at his playoff success in the last 9 years and look at the Broncos. It doesn't even compare. From what I've read he has had poor ownership in Carolina and they haven't been willing to spend to give him elite talent. He seems to be a very well respected head coach from everyone in the media who has covered him.

You read wrong. Have you actually watched Carolina play? It's the most horrendously boring and un-imaginative offense known to man and Fox is really conservative.

There is a REASON the Panthers are about to hire Rivera and opted not to keep Fox. It isn't because Fox was winning Super Bowls...

And since when did Denver become the measuring stick for postseason success? What difference does it make that Fox has done better than Elway/McDaniels lately? Those guys got FIRED as well.

Why don't we compare Fox to someone like Andy Reid, Lovie Smith, Bill Belichek, Sean Payton... You know, a coach that has actually had success? The Panthers had a LOT of talent on some of those teams, especially on defense and they are usually very active in free agency.

You would think with the youth movement and having so many young players Fox would adapt his offense and play with a little more creativity...? Nope.

Right now there is only 1 guy we could hire that would make me physically upset, and that is John Fox. Other than that I could get over it, not necessarily like it, but get over it. Dennison, Fewell, Studesville... Any of them over Fox.

underrated29
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Just say NO to fox.

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Uh yeah..... He cast off his starting QB LAST year, judging him to be too bad to play for him. THIS year his "Choice" of qb sucked so bad he got replaced by a terrible rookie

As for his "Playoff record'... getting blown out by Arizona two years ago, and his last win came 5 years ago is really not "Stunning" ...3 playoffs in 9 years is not that great.

Warhawk
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
There is a REASON the Panthers are about to hire Rivera and opted not to keep Fox. It isn't because Fox was winning Super Bowls...

There is no way they'd be able to rehire Fox. The relationship has been totally poisoned by the way the ownership has run the business and personnel side of things the last 2 years.

I understand you don't like Fox. I'm not necessarily sold on him as HC either. But there was a lot more to the situation in Carolina than "Fox sucks".

Tebow666
01-10-2011, 05:25 PM

id take the job! hell yeah, and get to see all the games from the sideline :beer:

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 05:26 PM
There is no way they'd be able to rehire Fox. The relationship has been totally poisoned by the way the ownership has run the business and personnel side of things the last 2 years.

I understand you don't like Fox. I'm not necessarily sold on him as HC either. But there was a lot more to the situation in Carolina than "Fox sucks".

My concern with Fox would be that he's fatigued from his time in Carolina. I'd worry that he needs to re-charge his battery by not being a head coach for a year or two.

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM

I don't like or dislike Fox, he's probably a good guy. But I've watched enough of Carolina (thanks to 3 years of the Sunday Ticket) to know that I don't want Fox to be the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. I'm surprised that more don't feel the way I do, unless they haven't had the misfortune to watch them.

topscribe
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
The only place I have heard that Denver is not a desirable job is our own fanbase.
And then Harbaugh and Mularkey are given as examples. It has become
obvious, however, that Harbaugh wanted to stay at home in the Bay area
(it was Stanford if not the 49ers), and Mularkey did not want to become
distracted from the playoffs.

And then there is Rivera, and apparently the Broncos didn't have him high on
their list, for some reason. They also apparently have not contacted the
"high flyers," such as Cowher and Chucky because those coaches want
total power, as I understand it, and that is not how the Broncos have
decided to structure themselves this time around.

It would seem to me, in attempt to look through the eyes of potential
candidates as much as possible, that Denver would be a highly desirable
place to coach. Oakland is the place where a lot of them would probably
say "no thanks." But Denver has not sunk to Oakland's level, McDaniels
notwithstanding.

-----

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
The only place I have heard that Denver is not a desirable job is our own fanbase.
And then Harbaugh and Mularkey are given as examples. It has become
obvious, however, that Harbaugh wanted to stay at home in the Bay area
(it was Stanford if not the 49ers), and Mularkey did not want to become
distracted from the playoffs.

And then there is Rivera, and apparently the Broncos didn't have him high on
their list, for some reason. They also apparently have not contacted the
"high flyers," such as Cowher and Chucky because those coaches want
total power, as I understand it, and that is not how the Broncos have
decided to structure themselves this time around.

It would seem to me, in attempt to look through the eyes of potential
candidates as much as possible, that Denver would be a highly desirable
place to coach. Oakland is the place where a lot of them would probably
say "no thanks." But Denver has not sunk to Oakland's level, McDaniels
notwithstanding.

-----

THIS ^^^^

Since when did Denver become such a lowly place according to the fans? This is long and storied franchise from the AFL that has been to 6 Super Bowls and won 2. We've had argaubly the greatest QB in NFL history, great lineman, great defenders, great skill position players, and one of the best homefield advantages in modern sports.

The damage that was done in 2 years by Josh is amazing and it's most apparent among the fans. It's like some are almost ashamed to call themselves Broncos fans...

We deserve the best coach on the market and he would be LUCKY to get the opportunity to coach here.

Krugan
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
THIS ^^^^

Since when did Denver become such a lowly place according to the fans? This is long and storied franchise from the AFL that has been to 6 Super Bowls and won 2. We've had argaubly the greatest QB in NFL history, great lineman, great defenders, great skill position players, and one of the best homefield advantages in modern sports.

The damage that was done in 2 years by Josh is amazing and it's most apparent among the fans. It's like some are almost ashamed to call themselves Broncos fans...

We deserve the best coach on the market and he would be LUCKY to get the opportunity to coach here.

I think the key word in all that is HAD.

Its been a long time since we HAD any of the above. Not just the last 2 years.

We have been a revolving door for Coords, we are talent poor, and in a flux that, if I were capable, would scare me away from tieing my future too.

Thats just my take though, I see things different then most. As in this team is not a hot spot right now.

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I think the key word in all that is HAD.

Its been a long time since we HAD any of the above. Not just the last 2 years.

We have been a revolving door for Coords, we are talent poor, and in a flux that, if I were capable, would scare me away from tieing my future too.

Thats just my take though, I see things different then most. As in this team is not a hot spot right now.

It comes down to this...

Denver is currently a project. The next coach will look very promising if he is capable of turning hte Broncos around. I'd rather take this job than a job like the 49ers, personally. But maybe I'm biased.

hotcarl
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
i hope its studious eric :mad:

Dzone
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
It is starting to look like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel of HC candidates now. Nobody even wants to come in for an interview. These are very dark days in Bronco Land

camdisco24
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Sweet, thats my B-day

Please Broncos, give me the gift of a great coach!!

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I hope this story isnt true. Not even enterviewing Dom Capers would be a mistake, much like 2 years ago when they didn't interview Rex Ryan.

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I hope this story isnt true. Not even enterviewing Dom Capers would be a mistake, much like 2 years ago when they didn't interview Rex Ryan.

NOT even interviewing Rivera is a huge mistake. Ok I get Harbaugh wanted to stay close and go psycho in San Fran....

BUT..... Not bringing in the best out there is a crime. John Fox has had ONE winning season in his last five years, and THAT year they got blow out at home by Arizona.

JDL
01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't like or dislike Fox, he's probably a good guy. But I've watched enough of Carolina (thanks to 3 years of the Sunday Ticket) to know that I don't want Fox to be the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. I'm surprised that more don't feel the way I do, unless they haven't had the misfortune to watch them.

When he's gotten good QB play he has been a very good Head Coach... much like Shanahan... his defense was actually rather good... it was the QB pick sixes and special teams TDs given up that made the Panthers D looks so bad. In addition, the Panthers have had one of the most consistent ground games the last few years...

what does Denver need?

Better Ground Game? Yes
Better Defense? Yes

What does Fox bring.. oh yeah, both of the above.

QB is not exactly the issue here... I'm confident Tebow can do better than 9TD 21INT

And another way of looking at it is that John Fox has only had 2 losing seasons the last 5 years... it cuts both ways....and when your team is talking about Rick Dennison and Dirk f-ing Koetter (who couldn't be run out of Phoenix fast enough) as HCs... Fox is a major improvement!

Yet, you still have guys here pimping guys like freaking Capers... I mean seriously, he had 1 winning season and 4 of his last 5 seasons had 5 wins or less... how does he even get mentioned by a supposedly intelligent fan base?

Fox or Fewell are the respectable candidates we've been presented.

And Rivera has been passed over MANY MANY times at this point... probably for good reason.

Ziggy
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Yet, you still have guys here pimping guys like freaking Capers... I mean seriously, he had 1 winning season and 4 of his last 5 seasons had 5 wins or less... how does he even get mentioned by a supposedly intelligent fan base?

I agree with you of Fox. As far as Capers goes, he coached 2 expansion teams, and has worked under some good head coaches since then. Supposedly intelligent fan base? Why, because they don't agree with your opinion?

slim
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Mentioning Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter in the same sentence is ridiculous, unless you ment to compare apples to oranges.

honz
01-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm hoping either Studesville or Mike Priefer get promoted. Priefer has really impressed me over the years.

Cugel
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
My concern with Fox would be that he's fatigued from his time in Carolina. I'd worry that he needs to re-charge his battery by not being a head coach for a year or two.

That would be my concern too. He's what? 59? He's been a coordinator or head coach for about 15 years and it's bound to wear him down with all the time they put in. It's not as if there's an OFF-Season for HCs.

Shanahan used to take a couple of weeks with his wife on vacation once a year -- usually around the pro-bowl. And that was it. The entire rest of the year he's working 12-15 hour days.

And Fox has been doing that too! I'd be amazed if he lasted more than a couple of years in Denver. :coffee:

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
That would be my concern too. He's what? 59? He's been a coordinator or head coach for about 15 years and it's bound to wear him down with all the time they put in. It's not as if there's an OFF-Season for HCs.

Shanahan used to take a couple of weeks with his wife on vacation once a year -- usually around the pro-bowl. And that was it. The entire rest of the year he's working 12-15 hour days.

And Fox has been doing that too! I'd be amazed if he lasted more than a couple of years in Denver. :coffee:

Plus, unlike Shanahan, his job status has seemed like its been uncertaing for something like 5 years now...or whatever its been. That adds to it as well.

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
When he's gotten good QB play he has been a very good Head Coach... much like Shanahan... his defense was actually rather good... it was the QB pick sixes and special teams TDs given up that made the Panthers D looks so bad. In addition, the Panthers have had one of the most consistent ground games the last few years...

what does Denver need?

Better Ground Game? Yes
Better Defense? Yes

What does Fox bring.. oh yeah, both of the above.

QB is not exactly the issue here... I'm confident Tebow can do better than 9TD 21INT

And another way of looking at it is that John Fox has only had 2 losing seasons the last 5 years... it cuts both ways....and when your team is talking about Rick Dennison and Dirk f-ing Koetter (who couldn't be run out of Phoenix fast enough) as HCs... Fox is a major improvement!

Fox or Fewell are the respectable candidates we've been presented.

And Rivera has been passed over MANY MANY times at this point... probably for good reason.

Oh that's right, the Head Coach has NOTHING to do with QB pick 6's or special teams failures, right...?

Dude, I would only need 1 hand to count out how many times one of your "posts" made sense, let alone was in the same galaxy as being somewhat correct. You act like everyone else is so beneath you and your greatness of football knowledge, then you start typing and the ignorance just spews like a dam that just bursts.

So, yet again, while putting down the rest of us you simply reinforce the fact that football knowledge and yourself do NOT go hand in hand.

:welcome:

Medford Bronco
01-10-2011, 07:39 PM

I would love John Fox. An actual defensive mind we have been lacking for years. Anyone who can get to the Super Bowl with Jake Freaking Dellome must be good:lol:

chazoe60
01-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Rick Dennison or John Fox, I would like either one.

Lancane
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Since earlier today I have been doing a lot of thinking on this, I think we're seeing a mix of coaches from two different lists that focus are two specific areas of concern.

John Fox, Gregg Williams and Perry Fewell are coaches who are noted for using more aggressive 4-3 defensive schemes, those noted as 'High Risk, High Reward' defenses.

Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and Mike Mularkey are coaches who are noted for producing more high powered running offenses, even then they have still had solid passing games.

Studesville was being granted an interview because he was the interim, it was only right that he should be given a chance to interview and earn the position outright, even though the odds are against him.

Here is the question that I believe leads to the answer, who can do the most in as little bit as time necessary to change the team from a 4-12 ball club into a team that has the chance to contend on a more frequent basis?

After everything I've been reading, I think the finalists will be Rick Dennison, Gregg Williams, Dirk Koetter and John Fox. I'm leaning towards either Williams or Dennison being the final choice in the end.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm looking for stability over a quick fix. Who is going to build Denver into a solid organization year in and year out. I don't want a Tony Sporano one year wonder type deal where we are immediately competitive and it turns out to be a fools gold type situation.

honz
01-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Why does no one like Mike Priefer?

camdisco24
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm looking for stability over a quick fix. Who is going to build Denver into a solid organization year in and year out. I don't want a Tony Sporano one year wonder type deal where we are immediately competitive and it turns out to be a fools gold type situation.

Agreed. Long term is the key. We need a foundation to build off of.
Im prepared to endure some building block type seasons if the coach shows that we're going down a positive path. Thats what we we're lacking the past two season... foundation and a sign of improvement.

nevcraw
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM

nothing will help Tebows maturation more than a very good running game.

underrated29
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM

And better play calling. Muther of God.

nevcraw
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
And better play calling. Muther of God.

Amen

Agent of Orange
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM

True. And also some bootlegs would seem to help utilize his skill set.

rcsodak
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Have you ever looked closely at carolina's ownership? Im surprised fox won as much as he did.

CoachChaz
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Have you ever looked closely at carolina's ownership? Im surprised fox won as much as he did.

Yeah...the guy goes 2-14 with a rookie and a few Subway employees at QB and his ability is immediately dismissed. People can say what they will, but ANY success in coaching requires having talent on the field.

The guy also lost his best defensive player and still finished middle of the pack defensively (11th against the pass/23rd against the run)

BroncoStud
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah...the guy goes 2-14 with a rookie and a few Subway employees at QB and his ability is immediately dismissed. People can say what they will, but ANY success in coaching requires having talent on the field.

The guy also lost his best defensive player and still finished middle of the pack defensively (11th against the pass/23rd against the run)

Excuses. Fox is .500 for his career. He's mediocre and too convservative.

rcsodak
01-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Excuses. Fox is .500 for his career. He's mediocre and too convservative.

Compare his record the to the Broncos.

And since when is being "convservative" a bad thing? :rolleyes:

When was the last SB won by a liberal team? :elefant:

tubby
01-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Wool Sea, Dave. Ballzy thread.

:defense:

BeefStew25
01-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Wool Sea about the 19th

Draft to be held by June 20th.

tubby
01-15-2011, 12:26 AM
April man. Did you get that tape on Jared Crick?

BeefStew25
01-15-2011, 12:27 AM
April man. Did you get that tape on Jared Crick?

By. As in before than.

No. We need to talk about CB's.

tubby
01-15-2011, 12:31 AM
If Champ leaves and Coxs goes to the pokey, Denver is skrewed. Maybe sign Dre Bly and Karl Paymah.

BeefStew25
01-15-2011, 12:33 AM
If Champ leaves and Coxs goes to the pokey, Denver is skrewed. Maybe sign Dre Bly and Karl Paymah.

Man we have to bring Champ back if only to bend Dwayne Bowe over (again).

PAINTERDAVE
01-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Wool Sea, Dave. Ballzy thread.

:defense:

Just quoted the article when it came out last week, Tub.

nflfan
01-15-2011, 05:58 AM
To me, Fox is like a Billick as a head coach.

He's way too conservative and predictable, and it's no wonder they never really develop any good young QBs in their systems.

I guess it's a necessary step for the Broncos stability, after the rollercoaster McDaniels ride, but his offenses are just boring, and there's probably a reason why no other WR but Smith could flourish there. He'll probably also switch the Broncos defense back to a 4-3.

Though I never liked McDaniels as a head coach, I think he would make an excellent OC, as long as he has a strong head coach to keep him in line. This current offense is not too different from what the Patriots are using now. A few tweaks, some personnel moves, and proper play calling, and this offense could be really good.

It would be a shame if this offense were scrapped.

PAINTERDAVE
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
To me, Fox is like a Billick as a head coach.

He's way too conservative and predictable, and it's no wonder they never really develop any good young QBs in their systems.

I guess it's a necessary step for the Broncos stability, after the rollercoaster McDaniels ride, but his offenses are just boring, and there's probably a reason why no other WR but Smith could flourish there. He'll probably also switch the Broncos defense back to a 4-3.

Though I never liked McDaniels as a head coach, I think he would make an excellent OC, as long as he has a strong head coach to keep him in line. This current offense is not too different from what the Patriots are using now. A few tweaks, some personnel moves, and proper play calling, and this offense could be really good.

It would be a shame if this offense were scrapped.

It sohould'nt be... all indications are that McCoy will be retained...
Studs stays as RB coach... with the CBA in limbo... no trading.