PDA

View Full Version : And your winner of the "Brass Balls Award" is......

sneakers
09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Mike Shanahan!!!

That decision to go for 2 reminded me of the Shanny from 10 years ago.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/b/b1/Balls_medal.gif

xzn
09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
They are, indeed, the size of Texas...

How they hangin' Mike?

jrelway
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
they say he claps when he walks.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
As much credit as I'd like to give him...he knew the coin flip was a 50/50 shot. No way we stop SD in OT if we lose the toss. Still...not many others would have pulled the trigger.

ikillz0mbies
09-14-2008, 08:28 PM
they say he claps when he walks.

hahahahaha

I heard if his balls were in space, the planets would revolve around them....

SarahKay
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
You know how the Charger fans are complaining about that call?

Yes it should have been called a fumble.. but it wasn't..

But speaking of Brass Balls.. I give Shanny some credit.. if you think about it it was almost like saying "Okay.. we will give them a CHANCE to win.." and we still won.

Come on week 3. I am stoked we won.. 3-0 next week!

ikillz0mbies
09-14-2008, 08:58 PM
You know how the Charger fans are complaining about that call?

Yes it should have been called a fumble.. but it wasn't..

But speaking of Brass Balls.. I give Shanny some credit.. if you think about it it was almost like saying "Okay.. we will give them a CHANCE to win.." and we still won.

Come on week 3. I am stoked we won.. 3-0 next week!

Oh now, how can you say 3-0 after this?!?! It's really hard to breathe after what happened today......:eek:

As for next week, if the Broncos run defense played the way it did today then Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Deuce McAlister or who ever will have 100+ rushing yards. Plus special teams, please don't kick to Bush.....

gobroncsnv
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
He also gets a Brassies Award for trying to tell us that Denver has a pass rush.

But I really did hope he would go for 2 on that play.

sneakers
09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
He also gets a Brassies Award for trying to tell us that Denver has a pass rush.

But I really did hope he would go for 2 on that play.

That isn't so ballsy.....he would get another pair if he told us that he had an effective pass rush.

I think engleburger had our 1 sack today...only for a 1 yard loss on a scramble.

BroncoWave
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
That isn't so ballsy.....he would get another pair if he told us that he had an effective pass rush.

I think engleburger had our 1 sack today...only for a 1 yard loss on a scramble.

Yeah, Dumervil was kinda a non-factor tonight. I guess he's allowed an off-day every once in awhile.

Broncolingus
09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Dumervil was kinda a non-factor tonight. I guess he's allowed an off-day every once in awhile.

...like every other defensive lineman for Denver - esp. in the second half.

Love the call by Shanny...

Make it = hero, stud, etc.

Miss it = I still probably would've liked the call...but been pissed.

BroncoWave
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
...like every other defensive lineman for Denver - esp. in the second half.

Yeah, but even when the rest of the line sucks, Dumervil usually gets his, so that was a little disappointing, especially since McNeil wasn't playing.

scott.475
09-14-2008, 10:17 PM
No wonder Shanny built that 35,000 square foot house.

gobroncsnv
09-14-2008, 10:55 PM

All true, but I say it's the closest thing we had for getting a shot at one more point than they had. Leaving the game in the hands of a coin toss was even dicier. Getting the ball on the 2 with a chance to go ahead... I loved it. The NFL is WAY to formulaic... he at least has to get a "breath of fresh air" award.

SarahKay
09-14-2008, 11:15 PM
We'll be 3-0.

Great, heartpounding game today though. DANG!

broncogirl7
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Honestly, I think Shanahan figured what the hell...we had two calls go our way that shouldn't have...so we must be living right!! Go for it!