PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler..i love you

jrelway
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
just had to start this thread..i love this man. at first i was skeptical when shanny moved up to take him. i love cutler, i love marshall, i love eddie royal, and i love shanny. what balls to go for 2.

2-0..now lets see what espn ranks us at..

JONtheBRONCO
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
ESPN will still be haters. Our offense is so dangerous. It's AWESOME!

SCBronco
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Cutler is going to be a great QB in this league. I loved it when Shanny moved up and got him. I thought and still do think he will be the best QB taken in that draft. He's got a heck of an arm and now Shanahan isn't limited to what plays he calls because of weaker armed QBs he had since Elway retired.

honz
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
He came up with 2 drives when we needed them (even though he killed one and almost bothed the other with turnovers) and he has consistently done that in his young career. He is obviously a top-tier QB and to top t off he seems to have that clutch factor as well. He already has quite a few game winning/game tying drives in his short career...it is going to be a pleasure to watch him for years to come.

Timmy!
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Shanny has balls the size of coconuts.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Cutty had a couple of boneheaded plays in the 4th with the INT and the fumble, but at least he redeemed himself. That is what Elway would have done.

weazel
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I like that fact that the int and the fumble didt really get into his head. he looked very composed on that last scoring play. Didnt try to hurry it at all

weazel
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM

I think he was just scared shitless to put the D back out there

omac
09-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I like that fact that the int and the fumble didt really get into his head. he looked very composed on that last scoring play. Didnt try to hurry it at all

Yeah, truth is most QB's probably would've cracked. Heck, Vince Young had a towel over his head and was covering his ears after throwing 2 INTs and getting booed. Not only that, he didn't want to get back in the game.

Even after those blunders, Shanny still put the game in Cutler's hands, and Cutler was cool as a cucumber. :cool: Those plays alone should tell everyone all they need to know about Cutler.

omac
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I think he was just scared shitless to put the D back out there

Both. :D

jrelway
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
i agree. talk about poise. when shanny had to fingers pointed up to his eyes to go for the conversion, cutler remained calm and gathered the players up to get ready..not look all over the place in panic like most young qb's wouldve done.

omac
09-14-2008, 07:59 PM
i agree. talk about poise. when shanny had to fingers pointed up to his eyes to go for the conversion, cutler remained calm and gathered the players up to get ready..not look all over the place in panic like most young qb's wouldve done.

He easily shrugs away his mess ups in order to make big plays.

And maybe he also has the luck of Favre; that lame duck short jump ball to nobody Brett threw against the Dolphins that just happened to be caught by a jets player was pure luck, but he's been doing a ton of that in his career. :D

xzn
09-14-2008, 07:59 PM
On the fumble it reminded me of a home opener a decade or so ago when Elway was still our QB. We were playing the Chargers and Elway made a similar fumble in the red zone that Junior Seau took all the way back.

We got away with it this time!

Still, mad crazy man crush on Jay and Mike Shanahan's play calling!!

If we only had a defense....

gobroncsnv
09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Something Jay needs to take from Jake's and Elway's game is licking his fingers before the snap. Pretty dry air in Denver.

tomjonesrocks
09-14-2008, 08:38 PM
He's the franchise now. No doubt.

omac
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
On the fumble it reminded me of a home opener a decade or so ago when Elway was still our QB. We were playing the Chargers and Elway made a similar fumble in the red zone that Junior Seau took all the way back.

We got away with it this time!

Still, mad crazy man crush on Jay and Mike Shanahan's play calling!!

If we only had a defense....

Nah, then it would be too easy. Where's the fun in that? :D

Scarface
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
MVP Candidate.

Denver27og
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I love him too... all of em... royal sheff marshall.. stoke.. graham.. hall... the baileys.. love em all!!!!!!!!!! philip rivers... hope he goes home and chokes on some ****

Denver27og
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
AND THANK YOU ED HOKOLEY!! how ever u spell his name... GREAT CALL on the fumble

SarahKay
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think I've felt as passioniotly for our QB since Elway..

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Great feeling about Cutler!!!

The Cutler era has begun!!! :salute:

hamrob
09-15-2008, 12:22 AM
i agree. talk about poise. when shanny had to fingers pointed up to his eyes to go for the conversion, cutler remained calm and gathered the players up to get ready..not look all over the place in panic like most young qb's wouldve done.That's because he already knew they were going for 2. According to several reports...Shanny told Cutler that they were going to go for two if they drove the field and scored a TD. When Cutler entered the huddle at the 20 yd line...he told the offense what the plan was. That's what Scheff told the media.

Tned
09-15-2008, 07:38 AM
just had to start this thread..i love this man. at first i was skeptical when shanny moved up to take him. i love cutler, i love marshall, i love eddie royal, and i love shanny. what balls to go for 2.

2-0..now lets see what espn ranks us at..

Here is one of my 'off the wall' BM posts from a couple years ago. I'm glad that my first two 'dreams' of getting Leinart and then Young were wrong, but what I 'dreamed' of did with Jay:

I had a dream...

A lot of people on this board seem to think that I am a Jake lover, Jakester, worshipper, Jake applogist, etc. You pick the moniker.

I thought I would set the record straight on where I stand with Jake, and what my dream was not so long ago.

First, I think there are a handful of QB's that I would love to have behind center for the Broncos and that I think are Elite or soon to be. Palmer, Brady, either Manning, McNabb (when healthy), Ben (I think, jury is still out), and maybe one or two more that are escaping me.

After this group of QB's, I think there is another group of 10 or so QB's that are about equal. Some of these QB's do some things better than others; have up and down years; they are good enough to help their team win, but not good enough to carry the team. Some of them are better suited for some teams than others. I think Jake is among this group.

A perfect example is Jake and Bledsoe. Bledsoe needs an offensive line that is big and can play straight up pass blocking and give him time to throw, and then he can be very effective. Put Jake behind the same line and he probably won't do well, because he tends to throw a low ball that is tipped a lot, and is better mixing up pocket and bootleg throws, so he is better suited to an offense like the Broncos. Put Bledsoe in that same offensive scheme (Broncos) and he won't do well, because he can't move well enough to make the bootleg offense work, and our o-line isn't good enough to straight up pass block all day.

So, do I think Jake is Elite? No. Do I think he is in the next tier of QB's and a good fit in Denver? Yes.

However, I would be lieing if I said that when the Broncos are down in the fourth quarter that I have faith that Jake is going to lead us from behind. I just don't feel confident in those situations. On the other hand, when the Broncos have a 6 point lead and Brady is on the field with the ball, I'm like, Oh darn (keepin it clean) not again.

So, what was my dream?

When the Broncos traded for Washington's '06 first round pick, during to the '05 draft, I was hoping that Washington would have a horrible 2-4 win season and we would get a shot at Leinart. At the time, Leinart was considered the undisputed number one pick if he came out, and was expected to be the number one pick again in '06. Obviously, things changed.

Early in the season, I focused on the Washington games almost as much as Denver's, because I was hoping for a horrible season for WSH, and a great pick for us. As the season went on, I realized my dream was dead.

Now we fast forward to a few weeks before the draft, and we start making moves to move up in the draft. At this point, I start thinking, maybe Shanny will go for it and move up to pick Young, who looked like he could be a good fit for our offense, given some polish. At the time, Cutler was starting to make headlines as he raced up the mock-drafts, but I still wasn't thinking much about him.

Come draft day, Shanny moves up and get's Cutler. Was that my dream? Not exactly, because I hand't really considered Cutler one of the top guys (I don't follow NCAA football) and had only heard his name on sports center and stuff, but Shanny moving up to grab a QB that could be OUR guy for a decade or more, that was my dream.

So, in summary, I think Jake is a great fit for our offense, and is under appreciated by a lot of forum members, but at the same time I hoped, but didn't think it would happen, that Shanny would do something bold and get something more than a good fit, but get an elite QB.

I hope that Cutler is that elite QB, but only time will tell.

BroncoJoe
09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
The shadow is fading.

BeefStew25
09-15-2008, 08:12 AM
The shadow is fading.

From Plummer? Yeah, man, it is high noon. Get on board Joe.

SCBronco
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't think I've felt as passioniotly for our QB since Elway..

You typed a handful right there. I feel the same way. Never was excited about Greise or Plummer but when Denver moved up and got Cutler all I could think about was how finally Shanahan would be able to open up the offensive again because of Jay's big arm.

Tned
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
The shadow is fading.

This was one of, if not the first game, where Jay really said, "give me the ball, and I will win it."

One seperation between him and John, was that John was able to carry a team to victory, even with a horrid O-line and weak receiving depth and no runnng game. He could not win it all until he was given some receivers, a decent O-lline and a running game, but he could win games almost on his own.

Cutler isn't quite there and likely never will be. It is important to remember that when the "greatest of all time" conversations come up, Elway's name is always there and for many, he is the greatest QB in the history of the game, and even for those that choose another, he is in the discussion and the select few QBs that are talked about as "greatest of all time".

So, while the years have faded, and the fans expectations have been tempered (hence in that sense the shadow is fading), the enormity of the shadow hasn't changed, it's just been a while since we have seen the legend that created the shadow.

broncofaninfla
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I woulnd't trade Cutler for anybody in the league. We have ourselves a stud QB who is still getting better and will be in the league for some time to come.

O-ManePunisher
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Go For Two!

jrelway
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
shoot, at this pace, if cutler keeps this up, he may break tom bradys record for TD passes in a season.. its a long shot but very possible.

Gimpygod
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM

Actually I just checked with the international Association of astronomers and they have classified Shanahan's balls as "planetoids." They would have been full-fledged planets but astronomers have yet to discover a moon caught in their gravitational field.:salute::cool::confused:

CutlerLover
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I so totally agree i love cutler and marshall as well those are my guys wont ever bash those two