PDA

View Full Version : Electronics hate me (Sunday ticket ? )

Sassy
09-14-2008, 10:45 AM
First my laptop and now the tv...

Ok...I feel stupid asking...but when does it come on?
Does it just come on when the games start?
Right now I have 715-1 on
for the Bronco game and it tells me I haven't paid for that channel? But then it lists channel 721 and says call to pay for it Weird.
It also says call whatever number for Superfan...which I don't have.
The guy did tell me that the 700 channels were the games but didn't tell me anything else.
Some one on the other board said I needed Sfan in order to get the game in HD...but they told me I only needed the HD receiver when they installed it. Does this mean I won't get the game at all or only non HD? Why would they not tell me if I needed SF in order to view the game in HD? And it's local...we have no DTV reps in the area. So I can only get them 8-5 M-F ...:confused:

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I take it you paid for Sunday Ticket? Super Fan is an addition to Sunday Ticket. You should have some type of programing on the 700 - 715 channels. Usually a coaches show or something on before the early games.

Davii
09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow, I don't have DTV, but my understanding is you have to have SuperFan to get it in HD every week.

So, without superfan you should definitely be able to see it in Non HD.

NFL.COM says it will be on channel 715, but i'm sure it doesn't come on until closer to game time.

Definitely something to try and figure out though, good luck Sassy!

Davii
09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
DTV website says Customer Service is 7 days a week from 8-10 Eastern.

Call
(Hours 8:00am to 10:00pm)
Home customers: 1-800-494-4388
Businesses - Bars & Restaurants: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Private Offices: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Business Viewing: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Hotel/dorm/hospital customers: 1-800-388-2505
Hearing-impaired customers (TTY): 1-800-779-4388

Sassy
09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I did pay for the Ticket....but they said all I needed was the HD receiver to get the games in HD...nothing was mentioned about Super fan.

Yep...the guy even set it up to record...and he did it on 715-1 and didn't say a thing about Super Fan.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 10:54 AM
DTV website says Customer Service is 7 days a week from 8-10 Eastern.

Call
(Hours 8:00am to 10:00pm)
Home customers: 1-800-494-4388
Businesses - Bars & Restaurants: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Private Offices: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Business Viewing: 1-888-200-4388
Businesses - Hotel/dorm/hospital customers: 1-800-388-2505
Hearing-impaired customers (TTY): 1-800-779-4388

The only problem with that is I did it with Satellite Solutions...a local company...not directly with DTV. Can I still call?

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I did pay for the Ticket....but they said all I needed was the HD receiver to get the games in HD...nothing was mentioned about Super fan.

Yep...the guy even set it up to record...and he did it on 715-1 and didn't say a thing about Super Fan.

You're OK for the regular games than. SF shows them in HD and you get a few extra little specials with it. Red Zone channel, some highlights, and a station with all the games in little boxes you can watch at the same time. You should still get the games though, just not in HD. Make sense??

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
You can call DTV customer service and get SF right now. You don 't need the installers, just a flick of the switch from customer service.

Northman
09-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Right now i have coaches shows and pro-football weekly on those channels. You wont see anything during the week and you will only see something about 1 hour before kickoff for any game. If a game is being broadcasted in your area locally they will not show it on the ticket channels.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 10:58 AM
You're OK for the regular games than. SF shows them in HD and you get a few extra little specials with it. Red Zone channel, some highlights, and a station with all the games in little boxes you can watch at the same time. You should still get the games though, just not in HD. Make sense??

But they haven't always had SF have they?
Then how did Sunday ticket work then? Just no HD?

Davii
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I think there is some HD without superfan, but you're guaranteed your team in HD with superfan and a bunch of extras if IIRC.

You can DEFINITELY call DTV, the other place was just the installer and DTV provides all your programming. Call the installer if you have equipment issues, but call DTV for any and all programming issues, cut out the middle man!

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmmm...right now it has (both 715 and 715-1) showing players/stats NFL Snap?
and when I flip back and forth...it looks like it is in HD on 715-1 ?

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hmmm...right now it has (both 715 and 715-1) showing players/stats NFL Snap?
and when I flip back and forth...it looks like it is in HD on 715-1 ?

Sounds about right. Yep, same as me.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I think there is some HD without superfan, but you're guaranteed your team in HD with superfan and a bunch of extras if IIRC.

You can DEFINITELY call DTV, the other place was just the installer and DTV provides all your programming. Call the installer if you have equipment issues, but call DTV for any and all programming issues, cut out the middle man!

The guy told me if I had problems to call them and not DTV.
Said if I did it through DTV they were having problems with installers cancelling/not showing up, etc. That's why they fired the crew and don't deal with them directly.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Sounds about right. Yep, same as me.

SO I am getting HD without SF? I'm confused...I need more coffee.

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
SO I am getting HD without SF? I'm confused...I need more coffee.

Well, for me personally. I dont have a HDtv but i have the same screen as you do with the stats and game channel listings. Im guessing you should be ok but like i said, i dont have a HDTV so its hard for me to tell if you have a problem there or not.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, I have an HD tv/ HD receiver and the guy told me I would get the games in HD...we'll see...but now I am confused that everyone is telling me I don't get them in HD unless I have SF.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Sassy, installers install the equipment for DTV. They can't give you programming. You can only get any programming by calling DTV direct. Forget about your local installers, you now have to go through DTV for everything. You have to have SF for HD. You have to call DTV to get any TV service outside of installation. And you get the local games in your area if you have SF too.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Just listen to me. Pick up the phone and call DTV and tell ask them what your programming package consists of. That's all you have to do. If you don't have SF and you want it, they wil lturn it on for you while you are on the phone with them. You are making things more difficult than what it really is.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:17 AM
:tsk:
Just listen to me. Pick up the phone and call DTV and tell ask them what your programming package consists of. That's all you have to do. If you don't have SF and you want it, they wil lturn it on for you while you are on the phone with them. You are making things more difficult than what it really is.

Why are you trying to pick a fight?
All I really wanted to know is when it came on...and how to get it in HD...because according to the installers...all I needed was an HD receiver.

you now have to go through DTV for everything.
That's not what they told me.
I feel like I'm being yelled at for asking a ? :tsk:

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:19 AM
All I really wanted to know is when it came on...and how to get it in HD...because according to the installers...all I needed was an HD receiver.

you now have to go through DTV for everything.
That's not what they told me.

Just trying to help you, Forget it. You're stuck in this mode with your installers who have absolutely nothing do to with your programming.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Just trying to help you, Forget it. You're stuck in this mode with your installers who have absolutely nothing do to with your programming.
UGH...forget it then.
I am just repeating what they told me.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Good lord, just pick up your phone and call customer service and they will take care of you.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 11:22 AM
I have DTV and have had the ST since it came out. Look at this way, installers are just the laborers and alot of times they don't know all the info, they even have to call DTV to set up everything. Look up on the website and it'll give you all the info. And yes, to get anything turned on you have to call customer service or through your remote or even through the website. And you can order your BRONCOS remote there too!!:D Calm down, 9798 is only trying to help.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I have DTV and have had the ST since it came out. Look at this way, installers are just the laborers, they even have to call DTV to set up everything. Look up on the website and it'll give you all the info. And yes, to get anything turned on you have to call customer service or through your remote or even through the website. And you can order your BRONCOS remote there too!!:D Calm down, 9798 is only trying to help.

Thanks. :-)

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Guys I am not looking for a fight at all?
Just asking questions.
I know the programming goes through them.
Because when I am done with the ticket, I need to call them to change the package if I want to...

Davii
09-14-2008, 11:25 AM
:tsk:

Kick his ass Seabass!

Sorry, I get all crazy on game days. GO BRONCOS!

I just really enjoyed Shannon Sharpe's take, The Bronco Nation IS BACK!!!!

Wait, where did we go?

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Sassy, installers install the equipment for DTV. They can't give you programming. You can only get any programming by calling DTV direct. Forget about your local installers, you now have to go through DTV for everything. You have to have SF for HD. You have to call DTV to get any TV service outside of installation. And you get the local games in your area if you have SF too.

Do they actually charge extra for the HD channels? My Father-in-law has a HDTV but i never asked him if they charged extra for that.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Kick his ass Seabass!

Sorry, I get all crazy on game days. GO BRONCOS!

I just really enjoyed Shannon Sharpe's take, The Bronco Nation IS BACK!!!!

Wait, where did we go?

:laugh:

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Do they actually charge extra for the HD channels? My Father-in-law has a HDTV but i never asked him if they charged extra for that.

You need an HD receiver to get most of them, I guess.
It's 199.00 but I got mine for free with the Ticket package.

Davii

Yeah, you have to pay a bit more for the programming package with the HD channels. It's really not a lot.

I'll tell you, I just got the Verizon FiOS thingy when I moved to California, best thing I ever did. I have a ridiculous amount of channels, crazy fast internet, etc for barely over 100$ a month, hell, EVERY pay channel is only 14$ a month more.

No DirectTicket though. I really think the NFL should rethink that contract and just go pay per view for the games.

Nomad

All the info is on the website! You do have to have a special dish and receiver and there are packages for HD! I'm cheap and just get the regular tv, but is HD really worth it!

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Guys I am not looking for a fight at all?
Just asking questions.
I know the programming goes through them.
Because when I am done with the ticket, I need to call them to change the package if I want to...

Nobody is trying to fight with you at all. I've done nothing but try to help you. Good lord.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, you have to pay a bit more for the programming package with the HD channels. It's really not a lot.

I'll tell you, I just got the Verizon FiOS thingy when I moved to California, best thing I ever did. I have a ridiculous amount of channels, crazy fast internet, etc for barely over 100$ a month, hell, EVERY pay channel is only 14$ a month more.

No DirectTicket though. I really think the NFL should rethink that contract and just go pay per view for the games.

I like flipping through the games at commericals or watching games when BRONCOS aren't playing. That' would screw me up if they did that!

Tned
09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
But they haven't always had SF have they?
Then how did Sunday ticket work then? Just no HD?

They didn't have the HD sunday ticket games before Superfan. They introduced them at the same time.

If you get the CBS out of LA (versus a local CBS) 381 in HD, then it is supposed to be televised there as well.

I haven't read the whole thread, as I am scrambling to glance through threads and then do my fantasy lineupes. The remnants of Ike knocked out power here in the middle of the night, and it just came back on a little while ago.

On Superfand DON'T PAY FOR IT. If you paid for NFL Sunday Ticket, you need to call DirecTV and tell them that you bought Sunday ticket and expected to get Super Fan free, as that is what you had been previously told and no they are doing for other customers. If they resist, tell them to come out and take it all back, because you were under the impression you were going to get SF for free, and getting the Broncos games in HD was the WHOLE reason you went with DirecTV.

They will give you Super Fan for free. Good luck.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
HD is worth every bit of the charge. It's minimal for HD packages. You'll never want to watch a regular program again, especially sports.

turftoad
09-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Nobody is trying to fight with you at all. I've done nothing but try to help you. Good lord.

I'm sure she's frustrated. Hell, I would be.

I'm sure she appreciates the help, or will when she calms down.

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
They didn't have the HD sunday ticket games before Superfan. They introduced them at the same time.

If you get the CBS out of LA (versus a local CBS) 381 in HD, then it is supposed to be televised there as well.

I haven't read the whole thread, as I am scrambling to glance through threads and then do my fantasy lineupes. The remnants of Ike knocked out power here in the middle of the night, and it just came back on a little while ago.

On Superfand DON'T PAY FOR IT. If you paid for NFL Sunday Ticket, you need to call DirecTV and tell them that you bought Sunday ticket and expected to get Super Fan free, as that is what you had been previously told and no they are doing for other customers. If they resist, tell them to come out and take it all back, because you were under the impression you were going to get SF for free, and getting the Broncos games in HD was the WHOLE reason you went with DirecTV.

They will give you Super Fan for free. Good luck.

I never paid for SF. I always took that route. Now, I think they don't do it anymore unless you find a rep that is fixing to quit and really don't care. It took me 6 reps last year to get it free.

Sassy
?? Guys I am calm.
Just trying to figure it out is all.

Northman

Thats the only thing i hate about my area. Fios isnt available yet and desperately want it. I mainly want fios just for the interent as i love Sunday Ticket but i would sacrifice paying for both. You just made me jealous. :tsk:

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
?? Guys I am calm.
Just trying to figure it out is all.

Pick up the phone. That's all it takes. Such a simple thing to do.

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
HD is worth every bit of the charge. It's minimal for HD packages. You'll never want to watch a regular program again, especially sports.

I will probably get it when i actually get a decent Tv for it.

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Pick up the phone. That's all it takes. Such a simple thing to do.

Better yet, just call me Sass. We can talk dirty to each other and make Hogan jealous. :D:D

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM

Just bought a 42 inch Plasma...love it!

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Better yet, just call me Sass. We can talk dirty to each other and make Hogan jealous. :D:D

:laugh: He doesn't get jealous!

Nomad
09-14-2008, 11:40 AM

I have a 56'' Sony Projection Screen and when it dies I told my wife I don't care what she says I'm going for a really nice one with HD.:nod:

ApaOps5
09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Just bought a 42 inch Plasma...love it!

What kind of 42" TV? Also Sass let me know about the computer issues. I do want to know if it gets worked out.

Tned
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
The guy told me if I had problems to call them and not DTV.
Said if I did it through DTV they were having problems with installers cancelling/not showing up, etc. That's why they fired the crew and don't deal with them directly.

Clarification here. The installer will tell you that, because if you have a problem, they don't want you to call DirecTV for two reasons. First, it will reflect on them as having done something wrong with the installation. Second, and most important, if you call DirecTV, they will schedule the installer to go back out to fix it (if it occurs within 60 days of the install) and not pay the guy a second time, as they consider it his responsibility if he installed something wrong. The installers prefer to give our their number, and then they will 'squeeze' you in between scheduled installs that they get paid for, if they have to fix something, like a misaligned dish or whatever other problem you have.

As to programming issues and the HD games, you do need to go through 800-DIRECTV and talk to their customer service and you do need SF to get the HD games and the HD red zone channel.

It is still early enough, that you shouldn't wait (you won't get HD without SF, I have had Sunday ticket since the day they began offering it), just call them.

Say something like, "I just wanted to confirm I have Super Fan so I will get the HD football games, because that's the whole reason I went with DirecTV. When originally checking on DirecTV, I was told as a new customer that if I paid for NFL Sunday Ticket, I would get Super Fan for free, but it doesn't look like Sunday Ticket was turned on. Can you please help me with that."

If the Customer service agent says you have to pay for it, very politely say, "I'm sorry, I don't have much time, can I please speak to a supervisor" then repeat the first script I gave you and you can add, "I know that Super Fan is regularly given out to new customers that pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, which is why I decided to go with DirecTV, as I wanted to see the games for free".

If the Supervisor says no, then say, "I need to speak to the retention department or cancel my account." If you get to 'retention' and tell them the first script I gave you, you have like a 9 out of 10 chance of the person giving you SF for free.

Also, you can bypass most of what I just said, by doing this. If you get an automated prompt after calling 800-Directv and it asks you what you want, just keep saying cancel to the computer. It will eventually say, "are you saying you want to cancel my account" and repeat, "I want to cancel my account" and you will be automatically forwarded to the "retention" department and they will give you SF for free if you are polite and tell them you made the purchase because you and been told you would get SF for free and that you know from the football forums and DBS forums that everyone gets SF for free.

Good luck.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 11:45 AM
You nailed it, Tned!:2thumbs:

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Yep.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Ugh...is the mane having problems???
Loading very slow again!

42 inch plasma Pioneer Elite

I'll let you know about the laptop...mainly pissed because I am getting ready to go to Denver Sat. and don't have time to deal with it...and it's only a couple of months old.

Davii
09-14-2008, 11:50 AM
I like flipping through the games at commericals or watching games when BRONCOS aren't playing. That' would screw me up if they did that!

I just mean for the ones that aren't on TV. All 32 games available on PPV, but still have all the normal broadcast games.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I just mean for the ones that aren't on TV. All 32 games available on PPV, but still have all the normal broadcast games.

Yeah that would be a great idea!!!!

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Ugh...is the mane having problems???
Loading very slow again!

42 inch plasma Pioneer Elite

I'll let you know about the laptop...mainly pissed because I am getting ready to go to Denver Sat. and don't have time to deal with it...and it's only a couple of months old.

Hey Sass, i never saw whether or not you replied to me about having a disc from your other computer. They both run Vista correct?

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone know about the Mane??

Italianmobstr7
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
First my laptop and now the tv...

Ok...I feel stupid asking...but when does it come on?
Does it just come on when the games start?
Right now I have 715-1 on
for the Bronco game and it tells me I haven't paid for that channel? But then it lists channel 721 and says call to pay for it Weird.
It also says call whatever number for Superfan...which I don't have.
The guy did tell me that the 700 channels were the games but didn't tell me anything else.
Some one on the other board said I needed Sfan in order to get the game in HD...but they told me I only needed the HD receiver when they installed it. Does this mean I won't get the game at all or only non HD? Why would they not tell me if I needed SF in order to view the game in HD? And it's local...we have no DTV reps in the area. So I can only get them 8-5 M-F ...:confused:

I just ordered superfan this year so I could see all of the games in HD. I've had the ticket forever, but you can not watch in HD unless you have SuperFan. So you'll still be able to watch the game today, but without SuperFan you will NOT see it in HD unfortunately.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
New pc's...as I am told...don't come with the disc...unfortunately, it's all on the pc...even the "books" with directions. which is stupid because if you can't access your screen...

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone know about the Mane??

I can still get on there, a little slow but no real issues on my end.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I can't get the Mane to load...very slow...ugh ugh ugh.

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
New pc's...as I am told...don't come with the disc...unfortunately, it's all on the pc...even the "books" with directions. which is stupid because if you can't access your screen...

Yea, most do not come with disc's now. Ill have to ponder it for today and see if i can come up with a solution for you. Ill do some research as i havent had to reload a O/S yet that has the O/S already on it.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks Anubis!

Sassy
09-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Ok...got DTV figured out...and bitched until I got SF for free.
Now if only my laptop issues were settled as easily...

...and get this...now the desktop is having issues...running a virus scan as week speak. It has not been a good weekend...

Tned
09-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok...got DTV figured out...and bitched until I got SF for free.

:2thumbs:

I didn't want to seem like I was spamming your thread with the "do this for free", but I wanted to make sure that you could get it for free if you pushed it.

Now if only my laptop issues were settled as easily...

...and get this...now the desktop is having issues...running a virus scan as week speak. It has not been a good weekend...

That sucks.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah...the laptop completely crashed...can't start up...get a blue screen and it lets me do nothing...when I log on as admin it says it's been disabled. I don't have it backed up either.

Sassy
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah...at first the gal told me she couldn't do it for free and I persisted and said I'd already missed week one and the guy didn't tell me so she did it...we'll see when I get the bill! Ha!

The Mane is screwed today...and it ran really well last week.

Tned
09-14-2008, 01:15 PM
The Mane is screwed today...and it ran really well last week.

Well, you always have your second home, BF :D

Sassy
09-14-2008, 01:18 PM
True! Ha!
IF MY LAPTOP and DESKTOP don't both go down!