PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis continuing the "Oakland Raider Way"

SR
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Way to let your best player become a free agent Al! Good luck Nnamdi. Go find yourself a franchise that will allow you the opportunity to win. :salute:

Devilspawn
01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Way to let your best player become a free agent Pat! Good luck Champ. Go find yourself a franchise that will allow you the opportunity to win
Fixed it for everyone.

silver_black
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Go find yourself a franchise that will allow you the opportunity to win. :salute:

Guess we can scratch Denver off the possible list of suitors :elefant:

SR
01-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Fixed it for everyone.

Hasn't happened yet.

Devilspawn
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Hasn't happened yet.
Exactly.

By the way, Davis has always let the original contract run out before he creates a new one. And given that we have approximately $70 million coming off the books, we're in great shape to overpay him again.

UnderArmour
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Other Raiders free agents: DLs Richard Seymour and John Henderson, DBs Michael Huff and Stanford Routt, OLs Robert Gallery, Langston Walker and Mario Henderson, TE Zach Miller, and RB Michael Bush.

Uh oh...

EMB6903
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
You all are ignorant.

Raiders are back!

an 8-8 season says so!

atwater27
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Other Raiders free agents: DLs Richard Seymour and John Henderson, DBs Michael Huff and Stanford Routt, OLs Robert Gallery, Langston Walker and Mario Henderson, TE Zach Miller, and RB Michael Bush.

Uh oh...

Damn... all that talent and they still can't even make the playoffs. Must be an Al Davis team.

Devilspawn
01-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Uh oh...

Damn... all that talent and they still can't even make the playoffs. Must be an Al Davis team.
You guys just combined to say Mario Henderson is talented. I think you should huddle up before trying to smack us about losing our worst offensive lineman. :lol:

Seymour will be franchised if a new contract isn't worked out.

Huff and Routt will be big losses perhaps, but not huge. They have weaknesses that are as big as their strengths. I rather keep them though.

Bush is a restricted free agent. I think Zach Miller is too.

I believe with all the free agents, our salary is around 50 million. That gives Davis about 75 to spend, meaning others will probably replace any that are gone. Losing a ton of free agents is crippling if you don't have the money to replace them, which we have tons of. Asomugha will be the biggest loss if it comes to that.

And to answer your question King, yes it is.

atwater27
01-09-2011, 03:10 PM
You guys just combined to say Mario Henderson is talented. .

Wow. I said that? Oh, that's right , I didn't. :laugh:

sanluis
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Looks like Asomugha really wants to go to the Jets??!! And now that he is going FA it just might happen

But if he doesn't, then the New York Jets would be an obvious landing spot to highlight based on what Asomugha told me. He insisted he was "dead serious" about joining forces with Revis to form the ultimate shutdown corner tandem and that they had discussed it with Jets head coach Rex Ryan.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland, or something else will happen."

Looks like "something else" can happen quite easily now. Revis won't be coming to Oakland anytime soon. Revis ended a summer contract holdout with an extension through 2014.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35555/asomugha-revis-tandem-now-possible

MileHighCrew
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Permalink 12 Comments Back to top
Nnamdi Asomugha wasn’t the only Raider to have his contract voided
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 12, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
Former Raiders coach Tom Cable helped turn Robert Gallery’s career around when he moved him from tackle to guard. It sounds like Gallery will be free to follow Cable to his next job should he choose.

Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune lists Gallery as one of the 25 potential Raiders free agents this offseason, depending on free agency rules in the next collective bargaining agreement. The NFLPA’s website has Gallery under contract until 2014, but the deal has apparently voided.

Other notable Raiders names that could be free to leave include tight end Zach Miller, safety Michael Huff, and running back Michael Bush. Defensive end Richard Seymour could go if he doesn’t get the franchise tag. (If there is a franchise tag.)

We have no clue when free agency will actually start up again, but it’s going to be fascinating when it does. With more players available than ever, the best pro personnel departments will have a bigger advantage on their competitors than usual.

Ravage!!!
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
:laugh:

There is definitely going to be a franchise tag again, but its going to be funny to watch all the best talent do what they can and just FLEE Oakland like anyone thats ever lived there, does.

SR
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
You all are ignorant.

Raiders are back!

an 8-8 season says so!

If you're gonna kiss the Raiders fan's asses, at least say ignorant right so you can fit in.

BORDERLINE
01-29-2011, 05:52 PM
don't get me wrong I F'N hate the raiders.

I wanna Punch DS in the face (joke joke)...

but there team is a solid one, what I don't want to see is them keep it up.

they remind me of the Jags now... alot of no name players playing at a high level...

too bad for them Tebow is starting now they don't know whats coming !!!

LSIGRAD09
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Namdi there is obviously a "liauh." Why else wouldn't he come back?

He has brought great shame and infamy to the Raiduhs organization.

silver_black
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Namdi there is obviously a "liauh." Why else wouldn't he come back?

He has brought great shame and infamy to the Raiduhs organization.

huh? :confused: