PDA

View Full Version : Is slow pace an indication?

ydave77
01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I just read Rivera is heading for a second interview in Carolina...and that he may be in the lead for the HC position. For many, including myself, Rivera is very high on list of possibilities. With a second interview though, it looks like Carolina feels that way as well...

I know we have started growing a list of candidates, Fewell, Dennison, Fox, Fassel, etc, but who have we actually interviewed? I may have missed it, so have we actually had anyone in yet?

I know Elway just started, but I think its been unofficially-official for over a week now. So they should have been discussing it for sometime now. The hotter coaches on the list, like Rivera should really have at least an interview before we lose the chance to meet with him.

Or do you all think the pace is an indication that our top choices are still on the playoff teams? Or is it just the more obvious fact that the transition of power to Elway-Xanders-Ellis means we are a bit slower than established front offices like Car...

SR
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
The NFLN said this morning that John Fox is the leading candidate for Denver.

Lancane
01-09-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm starting to think that it will come down to John Fox, Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and maybe Dom Capers or Gregg Williams in the end. Two offensive and two defensive candidates being the finalists sort to speak.

But I do believe that not even interviewing Rivera is a huge mistake on the team's part.

pipes
01-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm starting to think that it will come down to John Fox, Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and maybe Dom Capers or Gregg Williams in the end. Two offensive and two defensive candidates being the finalists sort to speak.

But I do believe that not even interviewing Rivera is a huge mistake on the team's part.
I'd say with that list (no Rivera) that I would like Dennison the most..again due to his flexibility in knowing all three phases of the game!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SR
I think Dom Capers is a real long shot. The interview with Fewell is under way, so we'll see how that goes.

I think Perry Fewell and John Fox are probably what it's going to come down to.

Nomad
My question as well....ydave!!

I believe they are focused on one guy but have make it seem they are really taking their time looking. I believe Dennison will be the guy because of his BRONCO ties and if Kubiak would have gotten fired, we'd have our HC right now!!

SR
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd say with that list (no Rivera) that I would like Dennison the most..again due to his flexibility in knowing all three phases of the game!

I don't think Dennison is that great of a candidate. IMO, he's best suited for the job he currently has. Let him do that. Bring in someone better suited to be a head coach.

Rivera is not going to be Denver's coach.

SR
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM
My question as well....ydave!!

I believe they are focused on one guy but have make it seem they are really taking their time looking. I believe Dennison will be the guy because of his BRONCO ties and if Kubiak would have gotten fired, we'd have our HC right now!!

I don't see "Bronco ties" being a factor in the hiring process at all. People need to quit living in the past.

Lancane
01-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I think Dom Capers is a real long shot. The interview with Fewell is under way, so we'll see how that goes.

I think Perry Fewell and John Fox are probably what it's going to come down to.

If Fewell get's the job, I think we'll be doing this again two years from now.

Lancane
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't see "Bronco ties" being a factor in the hiring process at all. People need to quit living in the past.

Elway said they want to hire someone that understands the Broncos Organization and it's relativity to the fans. I don't think a two-bit defensive coordinator like Fewell would understand that, nor the rivalry and what it means to teams in the AFC West. I'd rather we hired Studesville over Fewell! And at least Dennison understands all of that, I think he'll be a finalist.

Superchop 7
01-09-2011, 01:13 PM
John Fox ? mmmmmm no thanks. Still sticking with Dennison.

pipes
01-09-2011, 01:14 PM

I think Dennison is one of the favorites not merely because he's only a former Bronco and coach but because he's been a LB, a ST coach (though not a great one), an OL and OC in Denver, and he just got done finishing the year as the OC for one of the best and most explosive offenses in the league (even though I realize that's prolly mainly due to kubiak). Not to mention that he interviewed for the job two years ago.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I do like that we're taking our time. Remember, anyone currently employed by a playoff team (like Williams and Mularkey) couldn't be interviewed (Williams because of the game, Mularkey because he wanted to focus on next week's game). Everyone else is under contract and we needed to get permission.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Fox hired, but if we want to interview guys like Schottenheimer in NY or Mularkey we'll have to wait until they are out of the playoffs.

Nomad
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM

I agree! It has been said before the FO would like someone who has BRONCO ties and understands the organization!

I would like Rivera but I know he won't happen and believe the BRONCOS have their minds made up who they want, which is Dennison!!

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I think Fox is an excellent coach. I'd be curious to see how he does working for an organization that gives him what he needs to win. Toward the end, Carolina tried to do things "on the cheap" and Fox paid for it. Let's hope that if he's hired in Denver the Broncos don't try to cut corners so he can fully implement his schemes.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
seems that most of the guys that have been hired in the NFL, so far, are re-hires. We haven't even been looking a week. How quickly do you guys want a billion dollar organization to take to hire someone that is going to run the billion dollar product??

Lets give it some time, and relax. I personally like the process it takes rather than just hiring someone real fast. It hasn't even been a week yet.

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
seems that most of the guys that have been hired in the NFL, so far, are re-hires. We haven't even been looking a week. How quickly do you guys want a billion dollar organization to take to hire someone that is going to run the billion dollar product??

Lets give it some time, and relax. I personally like the process it takes rather than just hiring someone real fast. It hasn't even been a week yet.

I know it sounds like everybody is anxious, but hell, it's the offseason (for us anyway). What else are we going to talk about? :D

Slick
01-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't think anyone in the front office had a clear cut guy in mind when we started this search.

I'd prefer it if we interviewed everyone we can, even if it means we don't have a head coach until after the Superbowl.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Dennison is one of the favorites not merely because he's only a former Bronco and coach but because he's been a LB, a ST coach (though not a great one), an OL and OC in Denver, and he just got done finishing the year as the OC for one of the best and most explosive offenses in the league (even though I realize that's prolly mainly due to kubiak). Not to mention that he interviewed for the job two years ago.

To me, that's also a bad thing because of who he was the OC under. Shanahan ran the offense, not Dennison. Shit, Shanahan even let Bates (the QB coach) call the plays over Dennison in his last season. It was the same way in Houston with Kubiak. Kubes ran the offense, not Dennison.

Expecting Dennison to be a great offensive coordinator is like expecting Mike McCoy to do it. Both guys were more figurehead coordinators than active participants in running potent offenses, IMO.

pipes
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
To me, that's also a bad thing because of who he was the OC under. Shanahan ran the offense, not Dennison. Shit, Shanahan even let Bates (the QB coach) call the plays over Dennison in his last season. It was the same way in Houston with Kubiak. Kubes ran the offense, not Dennison.

Expecting Dennison to be a great offensive coordinator is like expecting Mike McCoy to do it. Both guys were more figurehead coordinators than active participants in running potent offenses, IMO.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsI don't expect him to be a great coordinator and even pointed out and acknowledged that houstons offensive prowess was more to do with kubiak than him. However I DO like it that he has an understanding of all three phases..and should be noted that there is a reason why offensive coaches keep him around such as Shanny Kubiak and even McD ... I would like the coordinators to run their respective units and the head coach to make the tough calls such as who to cut, when to go for it on 4th down, when to take clutch timeouts, etc and that is something that I would find invaluable in Dennison who has experience in each phase. Would he be my favorite for HC? No but I like it and understand the thinking.

Nomad
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd prefer it if we interviewed everyone we can,.

I haven't read one person here who says we should already have a HC in place and most do want the FO to take their time!! But I believe we'd like to see more interviews scheduled for next week then what they have!

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't think anyone in the front office had a clear cut guy in mind when we started this search.

I'd prefer it if we interviewed everyone we can, even if it means we don't have a head coach until after the Superbowl.

I agree. Interview everybody out there. Why limit the list? That would be like unnecessarily limiting a list of potential draft choices, and that would be just nutty.

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I think Elway should take 2-3 months before he makes up his mind. I would think a trip to the AT&T Pro-Am would fit in nicely too.... He could go and talk with Cable out there, thus killing two birds with one stone.

Seriously... do you think that even interviewing the #1 coaching candidate would matter to us long term wise????

Also we should draft BEFORE we hire the next coach...

No worries John... take your time I mean heck... the Niners got a coach already

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I think Elway should take 2-3 months before he makes up his mind. I would think a trip to the AT&T Pro-Am would fit in nicely too.... He could go and talk with Cable out there, thus killing two birds with one stone.

Seriously... do you think that even interviewing the #1 coaching candidate would matter to us long term wise????

I'm assuming a lot of this post is sarcasm, BUT I do like Cable as an OL coach. He's got the right amount of "nasty" in him.

Nomad
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree. Interview everybody out there. Why limit the list? That would be like unnecessarily limiting a list of potential draft choices, and that would be just nutty.

^^^^^This! And that's why I believe they've had plenty of time to schedule interviews, unless some candidates are saying no!!

Ravage!!!
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM

:lol: panic.. panic. The 49er paid high dollar for a coach... omg.... oh no..

Ravage!!!
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
^^^^^This! And that's why I believe they've had plenty of time to schedule interviews, unless some candidates are saying no!!

It may very well be that not many coaches want to try and take on the Tebow project, and be tied to that. But I don't think thats the case.

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Anybody remember the excitement when the Falcons hired Mike Smith? :cricket:

Are there any Broncos' fans on here that wouldn't LOVE to have that kind of success?

spikerman
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
No matter who is hired it's going to take several years to come back, imo. Josh McDaniels inflicted a tremendous amount of damage on this franchise and it will take some time to recover. Hopefully, as fans, we'll be able to see the team moving in the right direction - just like it was obvious to many of us that it had been moving in the wrong direction for several years.

Slick
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I haven't read one person here who says we should already have a HC in place and most do want the FO to take their time!! But I believe we'd like to see more interviews scheduled for next week then what they have!

I wouldn't be surprised if some of our interview requests have been declined.

Having John Elway come in, and having Tebow may not be attractive to some potential candidates.

SR
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I think Fox is an excellent coach. I'd be curious to see how he does working for an organization that gives him what he needs to win. Toward the end, Carolina tried to do things "on the cheap" and Fox paid for it. Let's hope that if he's hired in Denver the Broncos don't try to cut corners so he can fully implement his schemes.

Let's not forget that Fox also took the Carolina Panthers, the CAROLINA PANTHERS, to the Super Bowl not all that long ago.

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Especially if they dont want Rivera for whatever reason.
I dont understand why the Broncos have not scheduled an interview with him...
I think there is something behind the scenes we do not know about.

Rivera is the top candidate..
and the Broncos have not spoken of him much at all.

Xanders kind of off handedly threw out his name...
almost to placate the fans about the search...
not in a convincing fashion.

There is something we dont know between the two sides.

It may be that Elway and Co want to hire an offensive guy...

I just dont get it.

But , yeah.. if Rivera is off the table...
we are only in competition with the Browns..
(Hue is expected to be hired by Al Davis)

no need to hurry now.

Mike
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Hearing this makes my day a little crappies. :(

Lancane
01-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Are people overreacting a bit? Maybe…but, let’s face it the organization is in a riddled state right now and is somewhat reluctant. They’re already behind other teams, give Oakland who I think hasn’t hire Hue Jackson outright because they’re trying to woo Josh McDaniels and possibly want to look at Perry Fewell, and Al Davis always likes to be dramatic, he’s a bigger Drama-Queen then Terrell Owens.

Carolina looks to be closing in on their candidate, and maybe that was what Denver was waiting for, one less candidate even if the fan favorite for their own organization. Cleveland is supposedly enamored with Pat Shurmur who recently interviewed with the team, but they still have other interviews scheduled. Denver can afford to be cautious, but then again…with the lockout looming it’s rather important to get a head coach and his staff well into place as soon as possible.

I spoke to Woody Paige just the other day via email regarding how Denver needs to hire someone that the fans can get behind, because the fact is that fans will be more lenient with a coach they believe in and the staff that put him in place rather then just a coach that they as a staff are high on. And he agreed with me for the most part, especially in regards to Ron Rivera being the favorite amongst the fans. I think that if Denver was to hire someone ill-regarded by the fandom that the minute he has a back-to-back losses the fans will turn on him, his coaching staff and possibly the organization quicker then anytime before because of what we have had to endure already.

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of our interview requests have been declined.

Having John Elway come in, and having Tebow may not be attractive to some potential candidates.

So be it.

We dont want a HC who wants absolute power and control anyway.

And if some guy dont like Tebow.. he aint a good fit here anyway.

Just like Elway said.

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Are people overreacting a bit? Maybe…but, let’s face it the organization is in a riddled state right now and is somewhat reluctant. They’re already behind other teams, give Oakland who I think hasn’t hire Hue Jackson outright because they’re trying to woo Josh McDaniels and possibly want to look at Perry Fewell, and Al Davis always likes to be dramatic, he’s a bigger Drama-Queen then Terrell Owens.

Carolina looks to be closing in on their candidate, and maybe that was what Denver was waiting for, one less candidate even if the fan favorite for their own organization. Cleveland is supposedly enamored with Pat Shurmur who recently interviewed with the team, but they still have other interviews scheduled. Denver can afford to be cautious, but then again…with the lockout looming it’s rather important to get a head coach and his staff well into place as soon as possible.

I spoke to Woody Paige just the other day via email regarding how Denver needs to hire someone that the fans can get behind, because the fact is that fans will be more lenient with a coach they believe in and the staff that put him in place rather then just a coach that they as a staff are high on. And he agreed with me for the most part, especially in regards to Ron Rivera being the favorite amongst the fans. I think that if Denver was to hire someone ill-regarded by the fandom that the minute he has a back-to-back losses the fans will turn on him, his coaching staff and possibly the organization quicker then anytime before because of what we have had to endure already.

Good post. Very well articulated.

BroncoStud
01-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Sickening... :mad:

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
:lol: panic.. panic. The 49er paid high dollar for a coach... omg.... oh no..

The 49'ers will also get first choice of Dc and OC too............

Yup... I want third best Dc ands fourth best OC for MY Broncos!!!!!

Those playoff games seem to come at such a bad time..being January and all.

This year is so good.. With all my projects I can do now with no football going on...........

spikerman
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
The 49'ers will also get first choice of Dc and OC too............

Yup... I want third best Dc ands fourth best OC for MY Broncos!!!!!

Those playoff games seem to come at such a bad time..being January and all.

This year is so good.. With all my projects I can do now with no football going on...........

Usually the HC will be allowed to pick his staff. There's no guarantee that whoever Denver selects would want the same coordinators as Harbaugh anyway. I don't think that's a big worry at this point.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I just don't get all the hype of Rivera. :shrug: I think some just have their favorites, and feel those are the best, and teh most popular. Don't agree, but no biggie.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Usually the HC will be allowed to pick his staff. There's no guarantee that whoever Denver selects would want the same coordinators as Harbaugh anyway. I don't think that's a big worry at this point.

Yeah.. we aren't getting the "3rd or 4th choice on coordinators." Thats just not realistic.

ydave77
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM

I dont expect us to have hired anyone by now, but I do think we might want to actually have some interviews under way, rather than just keep listing names we may want to interview.

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Right now.....
Frazer-Minnesota
Harbaugh- San Fran
Garrett-Dallas

are putting together thier staffs... we are just starting to interview our HC options.

BTW.... Cassell is showing me why McDummy wanted him... the guy is clutch in playoffs

Warhawk
01-09-2011, 05:34 PM

As an aside, I bet it is a big point of discussion during the interviews. Who the prospective HC can bring in to help them should have some weight in the final evaluation given the problems experienced during McD's tenure. I'd take a lesser known guy who is willing to bring in solid, veteran coordinators and delegate authority effectively than a big name, big ego who has to call all the shots.

jhildebrand
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
BTW.... Cassell is showing me why McDummy wanted him... the guy is clutch in playoffs

This is sarcastic....right? :confused:

Cassell never played in the playoffs let alone college :lol:

Also, did you see how many passes he threw in the first half?

jhildebrand
01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't care how long the Broncos take to interview and I don't care if a lot of the oc and dc's are picked over so long as the Broncos get the guy they feel will do the best job and that guy puts together the staff he feels will compliment him instead of yes men.

Slick
01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
So be it.

We dont want a HC who wants absolute power and control anyway.

And if some guy dont like Tebow.. he aint a good fit here anyway.

Just like Elway said.

I agree.

I just think the job isn't nearly as attractive as it was after Shanahan left. I'm optimistic that we'll find a good coach.

I'm just not all that excited at the current pool of candidates and it bleeds through in my posts lately.

Buff
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree.

I just think the job isn't nearly as attractive as it was after Shanahan left. I'm optimistic that we'll find a good coach.

I'm just not all that excited at the current pool of candidates and it bleeds through in my posts lately.

I might go all claymore on everyone if we hire John Fox. I know the guy has a track record, but how can you be the second worst team in the league and then hire the coach from the only team who was worse?

And the fact that he's one of the better candidates is a scary proposition.

Slick
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I might go all claymore on everyone if we hire John Fox. I know the guy has a track record, but how can you be the second worst team in the league and then hire the coach from the only team who was worse?

I've always liked Fox, and I thought he did a good job in Carolina up until last year. His teams were physical and i thought he got the most out of the talent he had.

I'd rather have him as a DC only, and sadly I see him as a lesser of the evils as far as the head coach candidates we've been rumored to be interested in.

I feel pretty much the same as you Buffcake, I just don't think Fox is as bad an option as you do.

BroncoStud
01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Fox ran some of the most predictable offenses in the NFL... It baffles me that ANYONE would want to see that here in Denver... He hasn't even had a full offseason to reflect on what he could do differently yet.

If you guys want to see run, run, pass, punt here in Denver, Fox is your man. Meanwhile, the team that FIRED Fox is giving Rivera a 2nd interview... :confused:

So why don't we settle for Carolina leftovers and let a better candidate get hired in by them in the meantime.

This coaching search is amateur and disappointing. I don't mind retreads, but at least give us a retread that brings innovation to the table.

BroncoStud
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't care how long the Broncos take to interview and I don't care if a lot of the oc and dc's are picked over so long as the Broncos get the guy they feel will do the best job and that guy puts together the staff he feels will compliment him instead of yes men.

Easy to say and sounds good on paper but meanwhile plenty of other teams are hiring the coaches THEY feel are the best available and narrowing our chances.

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Fox ran some of the most predictable offenses in the NFL... It baffles me that ANYONE would want to see that here in Denver... He hasn't even had a full offseason to reflect on what he could do differently yet.

If you guys want to see run, run, pass, punt here in Denver, Fox is your man. Meanwhile, the team that FIRED Fox is giving Rivera a 2nd interview... :confused:

So why don't we settle for Carolina leftovers and let a better candidate get hired in by them in the meantime.

This coaching search is amateur and disappointing. I don't mind retreads, but at least give us a retread that brings innovation to the table.

Repeat after me......
"Elway knows what he's doing"......just like
"McDaniels knows what he's doing".....JUST like
"Shanny knows what he's doing"......

that about covers 2001-2012..... ONE playoff win

Slick
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Fox's predictable systems played in and won more playoff games than we did. If he's shit then who makes your balls tingle? Rick Dennison?

Slick
01-09-2011, 09:21 PM
That's what I thought.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Easy to say and sounds good on paper but meanwhile plenty of other teams are hiring the coaches THEY feel are the best available and narrowing our chances.

And these other teams are? Minnesota who just removed the interim tag on Frazier (he was under contract with them already and untouchable)? Dallas who did the same with Garrett?

So far ONLY SF has hired a coach and they obviously had home-field advantage because Harbaugh took $2 Mil less to stay in SF.

So, who exactly is doing all the hiring? So far, Denver, Cleveland, Miami (who, after one interview decided to get out of the race and extend their HC, anyway), and Carolina have interviewed potential HCs and made appointments with others.

So, outside of SF and the two teams who just promoted interim HC's who were untouchable, who are these "plenty of other teams"?

jhildebrand
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Right now I would argue the organizational structure is more important than the HC and coaching staff. Even if we got the best coaches available, what do you think this roster is going to achieve in wins?

I would think the coach that gets hired will get hired not necessarily for X's and O's but because he connects with the players-youth movement afoot-and more importantly can focus on the fundamentals while this team builds.

Besides, The days of the hot retread HC's being the highest demand are over.

I Eat Staples
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't want Fox. I think he's a good coach and I like his experience but with the way he ended his stay in Carolina, I think he needs a few years off before he can be a great coach again.

SR
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM

A lot of Carolina's losing problem was their front office and ownership. They're a small market team and can't afford a lot of premium names...kinda like the Bidwells (Cardinals owners).

BroncoStud
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Fox's predictable systems played in and won more playoff games than we did. If he's shit then who makes your balls tingle? Rick Dennison?

Fox did a decent job at Carolina and he knows defense, those are two good things he can say.

I just don't think he's a good hire at this time for the Denver Broncos, not as a Head Coach. Now if he were willing to take the DC job, I'd be happy about that.

I prefer the following to Fox:

1.) Rivera
2.) Dennison
3.) Capers

Any of those 3 IMO are better options than Fox.

SR
01-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Capers is a LONG shot. As is Rivera.

Cugel
01-10-2011, 02:48 AM
John Fox ? mmmmmm no thanks. Still sticking with Dennison.

John Fox is old and has been doing this for nine years already. How long before he just burns out? The intense strain and the endless hours just wears people down. Eventually they lose focus and can't really do it anymore.

I say PASS!

As for Dennison, I've seen NO indication that he's ever going to make a great HC. Looks more like another one of those guys who, in accordance with the "Peter Principle" rise to the level of his incompetence!

Coordinators who succeed sometimes get the chance to be HC, but that doesn't mean they're all up to the task. I'd rather see Morningweg given an interview. I have no idea why Elway seems determined to pick from a bunch of 2nd raters! :coffee:

I'd be surprised if Dennison succeeds. I'd give him maybe 2 or 3 years, tops! :coffee:

Dzone
01-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Dennison will continue his rise to power when he is hired to be the next Broncos head coach

Dzone
01-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Or hire Riverez

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Capers is a LONG shot. As is Rivera.

So we should "settle" for a guy like Fox? Come on...

Skinny
01-10-2011, 06:51 AM
So we should "settle" for a guy like Fox? Come on...Or we can settle for a coordinator with no HC experiance. Pick your poisin.

Considering the state this team is in, i would rather get the guy with HC experiance personally.

BroncoStud
01-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Or we can settle for a coordinator with no HC experiance. Pick your poisin.

Considering the state this team is in, i would rather get the guy with HC experiance personally.

If our only option for an experienced coach is Fox I would prefer just to keep Studesville.

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah.. we aren't getting the "3rd or 4th choice on coordinators." Thats just not realistic.

Just heard that Rivera might be named "Very soon" as Panthers HC...

SO lets see..... Chargers have to get a new Dc.. Hmmmmmm which sounds better?

"Coach...would you like to take over the #1 defense in the NFL next year?"
"Coach...would you like to tkae over the 32nd ranked D next year?"

San Diego will get a better DC... because they are a better team. We MIGHT get the 3rd or 4th best DC out there.