PDA

View Full Version : nahmdi asumguah (spelling)

broken12
01-09-2011, 11:36 AM
contract terminated, bring him in and move champ to free safety, or play them both at cb

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I would take him in a second....

Slick
01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
FFS if you're going to start a thread, at least take the time to spell his name right.

BroncoJoe
01-09-2011, 11:53 AM
AND, make sure there isn't one already started...

GEM
01-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Doesn't that help out a bit on the Bailey front if the Broncos decide to franchise tag him?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Here's the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

Didn't he make the probowl? What helmet will he wear as a FA??? :D:lol:

underrated29
01-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Im sure the ravens or viking will be all over him. Detroit too.

Nick
01-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Im sure the ravens or viking will be all over him. Detroit too.

Every team would want him. He is the best corner in the league after champ.

I would love him as a bronco.

SR
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Debatable. Revis is widely considered the best corner in the league by the people that matter. And he's on a team with a winning record that just beat Peyton Manning in the first round of the playoffs.

Either way, I wouldn't get my hopes up with Denver picking him up. He's a big name player that will require a big dollar contract that Denver can't afford.

Don't forget that when Champ signed his current contract it made him the highest paid corner in the league. I think it's still top three or four. I highly doubt our front office wants two of those contracts.

atwater27
01-09-2011, 12:55 PM
HELLLLLLL NO.

We don't have half the money in the known universe, which is what the guy will command. If we spend that kind of money on one guy, it should be a defensive lineman, if anyone. Good defensive lines make average corners look like gnarly assofladygaga or whatever his stupid name is. Crappy defensive lines make Champ Bailey look like a chump, which we all know he definitely is NOT. Defense starts up front; overpaying a corner isn't going to give us anywhere near the return on investment we need to succeed.

Superchop 7
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Amen to that.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
no no no no as much i like nnamdi we need to go after a guy like paul soliai instead. yes it would be sexy but it wouldnt be smart. theres going to be a huge bidding war on the guy anyway with teams that need that one player to put them over the top on defense.

besides bailey will take much less than nnamdi to stay here.

Clipworthy
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
name one team that has a d line that makes corners look good. if anything, its the shutdown of a secondary that makes crappy d lineman look good

Poet
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
name one team that has a d line that makes corners look good. if anything, its the shutdown of a secondary that makes crappy d lineman look good

Steelers, Ravens, Lions, New Orleans and Green Bay come to mind.

Pass rush >corners.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Steelers, Ravens, Lions, New Orleans and Green Bay come to mind.

Pass rush >corners.

^^^^^

this

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 03:02 PM

You've been into just a little too much of your screen name... I'll add to King's list and say 49ers, Giants, and Vikings.

Zapuda
01-09-2011, 03:02 PM

???

Baltimore Ravens.

What you're saying literally doesn't make any sense.

A great pass rush is a secondary's best friend. If you don't have a pass rush the opposing teams WR's have all day to run around and break free of your DB's. QB needs time to get the ball to his WR if the pass rush is in his face he doesn't have time if he does have time even the most talented CB's will get exposed, just ask Champ Bailey.

nevcraw
01-09-2011, 03:08 PM
wrong thread but my .02 is this.
keep champ.. we are not going to have a lightsout Dline overnight.. need to balance it out until that happens. no way getting rid of champ helps anything but make the D weaker..
no need for namdi

UrbanBounca
01-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I would take him in a minute. Bailey on one side of the ball, and Asomugha on the other. There is a chance we've never seen anything like that in a Broncos uniform.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I would take him in a minute. Bailey on one side of the ball, and Asomugha on the other. There is a chance we've never seen anything like that in a Broncos uniform.

thats what everyone thought would happen when we signed dre bly and ignored the d-line.

that didnt exactlly work out for us.

Poet
01-09-2011, 03:14 PM

But it would be less effective than DeMarcus Ware and Dumervil on the same team or either corner and either stud pass rusher.

There are a lot of teams that just don't deal with corners and invest in the pass rush. They do better than the teams that invest in coverage.

Look at the Jets, they have the best corner in football, but there pass rush is incredible.

Yes, there is such a thing as a coverage sack, but if your guys get to the QB it doesn't matter who is open.

Dean
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
thats what everyone thought would happen when we signed dre bly and ignored the d-line.

You're right it didn't work out but if you look a little deeper in that particular situation the scheme was a huge contributing factor. The corners at that juncture played 8 to 12 yards off of the reciever. Any QB worth a damn would just pick us apart underneath.

Nick
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Debatable. Revis is widely considered the best corner in the league by the people that matter. And he's on a team with a winning record that just beat Peyton Manning in the first round of the playoffs.

Either way, I wouldn't get my hopes up with Denver picking him up. He's a big name player that will require a big dollar contract that Denver can't afford.

Don't forget that when Champ signed his current contract it made him the highest paid corner in the league. I think it's still top three or four. I highly doubt our front office wants two of those contracts.
A lot of fans will think revis is better because how often you see him play and is on a winning team. Coaches will tell you different... there is a reason why revis gets targeted 4-5 x as much.

In addition to him being consirded a shut down corner. Absolute beast open field tackler.

You just don't hear his name as much. I am sure that dvoa thing will show the same.

Clipworthy
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
You've been into just a little too much of your screen name... I'll add to King's list and say 49ers, Giants, and Vikings.

vikings DB's are terrible. good d line does nothing for them, always getting exposed

I Eat Staples
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Come on man, don't be a homer. Champ is definitely behind both Asomugha and Revis. And I'd put Asomugha above Revis, by a long shot.

Poet
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
vikings DB's are terrible. good d line does nothing for them, always getting exposed

Stop posting.

dogfish
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
i liiiike it!

sign asomugha, franchise champ, and draft patrick peterson at #2. . . we'd be unbeatable!

Skinny
01-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Dog, i'm really starting to worry about you.

I Eat Staples
01-09-2011, 08:26 PM
i liiiike it!

sign asomugha, franchise champ, and draft patrick peterson at #2. . . we'd be unbeatable!

Nah, I don't think Peterson is a good fit at NT.

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Look at The Chicgao Bears db's...... Julius Peppers makes them pretty damn awesome with the qb having to get the ball out in under 3 seconds every play.

What happened to them when Peppers never got near a qb??? Oh yea... Brady threw for 350 yards in a blizzard.....

Look at Cleveland... THEy get to brady 5 times and guess what... they beat New England... wow

Nick
01-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Come on man, don't be a homer. Champ is definitely behind both Asomugha and Revis. And I'd put Asomugha above Revis, by a long shot.

Champ can atill go heads with anyone despite age and is the best corner ever above sanders. Revis cant be mentioned in the same area. What champ lacks in spewd compaired to before makes up with intelligence and experience which is not seen to well playing with the worst pass rush.

Poet
01-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Champ can atill go heads with anyone despite age and is the best corner ever above sanders. Revis cant be mentioned in the same area. What champ lacks in spewd compaired to before makes up with intelligence and experience which is not seen to well playing with the worst pass rush.

Uhh..

Rod Woodson says hello.

zbeg
01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Uhh..

Rod Woodson says hello.

How friendly of him. Tell him hello back.

...doesn't change the fact that Champ's still the #2 cover corner ever (can't really justify him over Sanders).

Poet
01-09-2011, 10:05 PM
How friendly of him. Tell him hello back.

...doesn't change the fact that Champ's still the #2 cover corner ever (can't really justify him over Sanders).

He's just one helluva guy.

Bailey was not better than Woodson. Bailey will not be remembered as a better corner than Woodson.

I Eat Staples
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I believe Champ is the greatest corner ever, just not currently. He's past his prime.

Deion Sanders is not better than Champ or Woodson. He couldn't tackle, or simply refused to. And I don't think Woodson was as good as Champ, or even Dick Layne.

SR
01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Stop posting.

That made my wife say "What the hell are you laughing at?"

SR
01-09-2011, 10:42 PM

So much for credibility.

SR
01-09-2011, 10:43 PM
He's just one helluva guy.

Bailey was not better than Woodson. Bailey will not be remembered as a better corner than Woodson.

I'd put Bailey in the top three of all time, but not number one. He deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Woodson and Sanders, but not before either of them. Of course, it's all arguable.

sneakers
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Stop posting.

lol

Nick
01-10-2011, 12:01 AM
So much for credibility.

Please explain how sanders is better. I will be glad to show you credibility.

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Haha! Keep comparing Dre Bly to Nnamdi Asomugha. :rolleyes:

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Stop posting.

He does have a point.

After seeing Revis shut down Reggie Wayne yesterday, I agree that Champ is behind both, Revis and Asomugha.

zbeg
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
He does have a point.

After seeing Revis shut down Reggie Wayne yesterday, I agree that Champ is behind both, Revis and Asomugha.

Champ also did very well against Reggie Wayne.

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Champ also did very well against Reggie Wayne.

Revis allowed one reception for one total yard. Champ allowed four receptions for 65 yards.

Champ is not Revis.

atwater27
01-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I believe Champ is the greatest corner ever, just not currently. He's past his prime.

Deion Sanders is not better than Champ or Woodson. He couldn't tackle, or simply refused to. And I don't think Woodson was as good as Champ, or even Dick Layne.

I think Deion was a better returner and was maybe the best defender ever with the ball in his hands. Champ was a better tackler and overall defender than Deion. Woodson was better than them both IMO. Woodson was perhaps the best tackler at the corner position of all time. He was also awesome with the ball in his hands. Wide receeiver and running backs feared him, he could lay some wood as well as shut down the pass. He was the best all around corner ever in my opinion.

SR
01-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Revis allowed one reception for one total yard. Champ allowed four receptions for 65 yards.

Champ is not Revis.

And it wasn't even one-on-one against Revis.

NameUsedBefore
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Clearly our money would be better invested in keeping Al Davis alive as long as possible.

nevcraw
01-10-2011, 01:22 AM
the who's the best debates are my favorite!!

I love them so --because there is always a winner and everyone agrees.

Someone's crying, Lord, kum bay ya

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Clearly our money would be better invested in keeping Al Davis alive as long as possible.

Why, so they can keep putting up franchise records on Denver?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

atwater27
01-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Why, so they can keep putting up franchise records on Denver?

Al Davis is singlehandedly keeping Oakland from performing well. I hope he lives forever. Any success Oakland has had in the last 10 seasons has been in spite of Al Davis, not because of it.

TXBRONC
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM

:rofl:

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Al Davis is singlehandedly keeping Oakland from performing well. I hope he lives forever. Any success Oakland has had in the last 10 seasons has been in spite of Al Davis, not because of it.

My point still remains. The Raiders swept our entire division this year. Whatever they're doing, it's working.

I Eat Staples
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
My point still remains. The Raiders swept our entire division this year. Whatever they're doing, it's working.

But they still didn't make the playoffs. It's not them, it's us.

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
But they still didn't make the playoffs. It's not them, it's us.

Well... San Diego had both the #1 O and #1 D and didnt make the playoffs too....

MAYBE the AFC West just sucks...... and we are the suckiest of the sucky.

right now

UrbanBounca
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Well... San Diego had both the #1 O and #1 D and didnt make the playoffs too....

MAYBE the AFC West just sucks...... and we are the suckiest of the sucky.

right now

The NFC West is worse than the AFC West, but not by much.

atwater27
01-10-2011, 07:07 PM

His name is Tom Cable. That delerious buzzard fired him.:laugh:

zbeg
01-10-2011, 07:12 PM
The NFC West is worse than the AFC West, but not by much.

The NFCW is far, far worse. A losing record is good enough to win the division!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
The NFCW is far, far worse. A losing record is good enough to win the division!

You know what really sucks? We went 1-3 against that division this year. Not one of them better than 7-9 and we nearly got swept by them...

That's how bad the Broncos suck right now.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM

So , then why did Al Fire the Head Coach?:confused:

Seriously, I dont get it.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
You know what really sucks? We went 1-3 against that division this year. Not one of them better than 7-9 and we nearly got swept by them...

That's how bad the Broncos suck right now.

Nope.
It's a new season for us...

Whatever we do next year...
it will be very different than 2010

Poet
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
On a scale of 1-10, Al Davis is wrong.