PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Next Denver Broncos Coach - New Poll

Ziggy
01-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Now that the coaching herd is thinning a little, pick your choice for the Broncos new head coach.

UnderArmour
01-09-2011, 01:49 AM
John Fox or Rick Dennison, leaning more towards Fox though.

camdisco24
01-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Same as UA, I like Fox or Dennison.

Lancane
01-09-2011, 03:03 AM
1. Ron Rivera
2. Rick Dennison
3. John Fox
4. Dirk Koetter
5. Gregg Williams
6. Jim Fassel
7. Eric Studesville
8. Mike 'Mark' Mularkey
9. Some homeless bum off the street
10. Perry Fewell

That's how my list looks as of right now.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 03:39 AM
1. Ron Rivera
2. Rick Dennison
3. John Fox
4. Dirk Koetter
5. Gregg Williams
6. Jim Fassel
7. Eric Studesville
8. Mike 'Mark' Mularkey
9. Some homeless bum off the street
10. Perry Fewell

That's how my list looks as of right now.

i pick both. rivera runs defense and dennison runs offense and both are accountable to the vp/gm.

finally we would have balance back in denver!

WARHORSE
01-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Dick Lebeau.

broncofaninfla
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I'd be cool with either Dennison, Capers, Mularkey, Rivera or Fox

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I think the key here is WHO they get as OC/DC...... I want people who have actually coached those positions. i don't want a one year wunderkind, I want a track record of success

Bozo Jr.
01-09-2011, 09:55 AM
John Fox or Rick Dennison, leaning more towards Fox though.

^^^What He said!^^^

camdisco24
01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
I think the key here is WHO they get as OC/DC...... I want people who have actually coached those positions. i don't want a one year wunderkind, I want a track record of success

You don't want another leprechaun from NE running the show??

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Of that list, I picked John Fox purely based on stability.

I think we should pick the best guy for the job. The one that has a no-shit plan for getting us out of this mess. Futrthermore, I'd ask tough questions about the current team and see what their vision for the future is.

These are the type of questions I'd be asking in the interview:

1) From what you know of the current player status, if the decision was all yours, who would you pursue in FA and what would you be willing to do to get them? Who would you draft?

2) From what you know of the current roster, which players fit into your vision of the future of this franchise and which don't? Why? Who will you recommend releasing? Who would you want to re-sign?

3) Knowing the current status of the franchise, the coaches here still under contract, and what your vision of this team is, who are the coaches you would replace? Who would you attempt to bring in for your staff as OC, DC, STC, etc and why? Will you assemble your staff completely or will you allow your coordinators to pick their position coaches?

To me these questions are much more important than X's and O's or what scheme a guy wants to run.

Dzone
01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I know of Riveras experience but is he the kind to connect with the Community guy that they said they want to find? I havent heard Rivera speak. I would need to see some youtube stuff of him to even have an opinion. I know he wears sunglasses all the time, kind like sporano

Dzone
01-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Of that list, I picked John Fox purely based on stability.

I think we should pick the best guy for the job. The one that has a no-shit plan for getting us out of this mess.

Isnt he leaving a mess behind in Carolina? Why couldnt he turn that mess around?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Fox, Dennison or Rivera.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Isnt he leaving a mess behind in Carolina? Why couldnt he turn that mess around?

I think Fox did a lot with a little in Carolina. Made a friggin SB w/ a no better than solid QB. I'd be happy to have him here.

chazoe60
01-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Dennison, and I'm calling it now. He hits the interview out of the park, again, and gets a second interview by Wed. And is hired by next weekend.

Nomad
01-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Hopefully, they interview all these guys before they decide!!

I would like Rivera, but I have a feeling it'll be Dennison because of his ties to the BRONCOS!! I doubt if they wait for Murlarky!!

broken12
01-09-2011, 11:34 AM
calling it now, we will hire john fox, interview with studdesville pushed up to today, and also dc from giants is today, dont be suprised if it ends tommorrow and we have john fox as hc

Buff
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't know, it's easier for me to say who I don't want:

1.) No John Fox
2.) No Dirk Koetter
3.) No Jim Fassel
4.) No Studesville

I'm open to the rest of the candidates... Still wish we'd take a look at Brian Billick.

Slick
01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
That's a sad looking list. No wonder we aren't in a big hurry to ink one of those guys.

After the performance of Gregg Williams defense yesterday I hope we've scratched hm off the list. He isn't head coaching material anyway.

I voted Fox because i think he is the most capable. Jerry Richardson handcuffed him in Carolina and he did a decent job until this year. I'd love to have him in charge of our defense.

Dennison doesn't do it for me. Something about being a former linebacker coaching offenses just doesn't seem right.

Slick
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't know, it's easier for me to say who I don't want:

1.) No John Fox
2.) No Dirk Koetter
3.) No Jim Fassel
4.) No Studesville

I'm open to the rest of the candidates... Still wish we'd take a look at Brian Billick.

I like Billick too. Very intelligent guy. It's hard for me to believe he hasn't learned from mistakes in Baltimore. Maybe he doesn't want to return to coaching yet...that or he doesn't like our current situation.

Skinny
01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
After the 2009 season the FO stripped him of his personel decisions. Up until that point it was him and GM Marty Hurneys call. As camdisco mentioned in another thread, the FO wanted to go 'younger' and decided to blow up a veteran ladened team. Fox's 'M.O'. He was forced to handle one of the youngest teams in the league this year, with three young QBs.

Fox likes physical, veteran teams. Me too. If fans want to rag the man, do it between 2002-2009, then it's all good. He had his bad decisions during that time, particularly the draft where some of that blame also belongs on Hurney as they made those choices together, and he still won football games. But in 2010, John Fox got a raw deal.

dogfish
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
ron rivera
john fox
perry fewell
i'd rather dig my eyes out with a spoon than have any of the rest of them coach the broncos

Superchop 7
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Dennison, and they need to quit screwing around.

I need a stud d-co-ordinator.

dogfish
01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Dennison, and they need to quit screwing around.

I need a stud d-co-ordinator.

and who's dennison gonna get?

frank bush?

Ziggy
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
My frontrunner is John Fox. He's an experienced head coach who took a horrible team and made them better, even getting them to a super bowl. He's proven that he has the people skills to work with every type of personality and ego. He played the good soldier while the front office destroyed a super bowl contending team and let thier best player walk in free agency. My only criticism of him would be his tendancy to go too consevative at times on offense. When Carolina had talent, they were a tough, hard nosed team that could play with anyone, and that was without a good QB.

dogfish
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
karl dorrell with greg robinson as DC. . .

:heh:

Buff
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Who the **** voted for Dirk Koetter?

dogfish
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Who the **** voted for Dirk Koetter?

cane did. . .

Buff
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Now there are two votes. Someone is just trying to **** with me. Surely no one wants a guy who couldn't get it done at the college level to lead our team.

Northman
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
That's a sad looking list. No wonder we aren't in a big hurry to ink one of those guys.

After the performance of Gregg Williams defense yesterday I hope we've scratched hm off the list. He isn't head coaching material anyway.

I voted Fox because i think he is the most capable. Jerry Richardson handcuffed him in Carolina and he did a decent job until this year. I'd love to have him in charge of our defense.

Dennison doesn't do it for me. Something about being a former linebacker coaching offenses just doesn't seem right.

Yea, at this point Fox is the only one im really interested in. The rest of the list just doesnt impress me much.

Ziggy
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Looks like we can add Dom Capers to this list.

Magnificent Seven
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I am not sold on Ron Rivera. He is like Mike Singletary. Ron Rivera has lack of coaching experience in offense.

However, it would be great if he is our new defensive coordinator for Denver Broncos.

Buff
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
There are not 5 people on earth who believe that Dirk Koetter should be the next coach of the Broncos, yet, somehow he has 5 votes in this poll. I believe all 5 votes can be tied somehow to shawshank24 and would appreciate a thorough moderator investigation into the matter. TIA.

hotcarl
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
steve sewell

id love to see him and elway reunited

he can flat make plays and get the job done

TXBRONC
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I can't understand why Lane Kiffin and Lou Holtz are not on this list specifically? :confused: :behindsofa:

Dzone
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
steve sewell

id love to see him and elway reunited

he can flat make plays and get the job done
LOL..maybe Vance Johnson will also get a job on the new staff

broken12
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
i wouldnt mind perry getting the job, hes part of the tampa 2 scheme, and had been under good coaches look at what some of the others have done comging from that system

Juriga72
01-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Rivera is "Front-runner" for Carolina job.....
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2011/1/10/1926410/ron-rivera-could-be-the-next-carolina-panthers-head-coach

slim
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM
and who's dennison gonna get?

frank bush?

He has been in the NFL for nearly 30 years. So I think he may know a few people in the league...just a guess, though.

slim
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
BTW, Dirk Koetter sucks.