PDA

View Full Version : Our new coach is on TV tonight

lgenf
01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Just so you know, the new Denver coach is on the field tonight.

Yep, Brian Shotty is coaching the Jets and there is no real indication on how the game will finish so far at the half (7-0 indy), but I'm going out on a short limb here that Shotty is going to be the next Denver HC

He is a good OC, had experience working with a rookie QB that needs work (like all of them do) he's put in his time and has petigree.

He knows that he doesn't konw defense and would probably want one of the better DC out there to come join him and let him run the D.

He won't want the GM duties either which is a BIG plus for Denver after this last go round.

chazoe60
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I think Bowlen will be apprehensive about taking a shot on a young hot shot OC with no experience.

I'm not saying the next guy will have HCing experience but I think it will be a guy with many years experience in the NFL. I think it's going to be Dennison.

Dzone
01-08-2011, 09:36 PM
hey that might be a good choice...Does he get all excited before games like Marty did?

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
If Elway was so hot on college coach Harbaugh what about Urban Meyer especially after seeing Pete Carroll with the Seahawks?

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
I think we'll hear Shotty's name in a few years as a HC candidate, but I think he's still needs more experience to really be a guy to consider.

If I had to put in a prediction right now, I'd say Dennison as well.

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Screw Brian. Marty should be the man we're looking at, and then Marty should be moved into the GM mode for the Broncos once he's done coaching.

lgenf
01-08-2011, 09:53 PM
but he was also on the Gators 96 National Championship team so there is the kicker (ok so he was the backup to Wuerffel at QB) but ........a champ!

no in all seriousness I do think he is going to be one of next HC's and I think it will be this year.

And if the Jets go far into the playoffs it may be a sure thing as most teams want to pick off the asst coaches from playoff teams

I don't think it's going to be a couple years before he gets his shot at it.

I also don't know about that whole (need a Colorado connection thing) not saying that the owner doesn't want that, but really? what big successful things have been happening in CO?

Just like they were talking about for that stupid Mich. HC job, they are all clammering for a new HC that is a Mich man, someone who comes from the history of the school. Ummm....I am a Gator and glad as hell that we had Urban for the last few years and he had no connection to UF at all.

I will take the HOT thing thank you and count the wins...........

lgenf
01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Screw Brian. Marty should be the man we're looking at, and then Marty should be moved into the GM mode for the Broncos once he's done coaching.

you really want a recycled old guy that hasn't gotten the job done, EVER!

and has had some of the most loaded talent and still hasn't gotten it done.....really?

Lancane
01-08-2011, 10:04 PM
I think Bowlen will be apprehensive about taking a shot on a young hot shot OC with no experience.

I'm not saying the next guy will have HCing experience but I think it will be a guy with many years experience in the NFL. I think it's going to be Dennison.

Elway and Marty, Brian's dad are rather close off the field...and what if he brought his dad on as the defensive coordinator? I know some have overlooked that possibility but it would be the first time we had hired a father and son duo to work in the organization, we had the Goodmans, the Bates and the Gibbs. We also have had brothers on our team or on staff, the Baileys and the McDaniels.

Why not?

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
i would rather his dad.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2011, 10:17 PM

and has had some of the most loaded talent and still hasn't gotten it done.....really?

had some of the most loaded talent? Where?

jhildebrand
01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I was saying months ago that I would love Brian and or Marty Schott here! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

None of the other candidates really get me too excited. The problem is Brian Schottenheimer wont be allowed to interview for some time :tsk:

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I was saying months ago that I would love Brian and or Marty Schott here! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.
None of the other candidates really get me too excited. The problem is Brian Schottenheimer wont be allowed to interview for some time :tsk:

Does anyone else think this seems a little perverted?

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Google suicide death by shotgun.

girler
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
:throwrock: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! :smack: No Shottys here EVER EVER EVER!!! That thought is enough to make me follow Beef's advice. :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Do your homework, then please try again. Marty had brought 3 separate franchises from the ashes and into legit conference contention. Cleveland ran into Elway, KC ran into Elway and Manning and San Diego should have given him more time. We're currently in the ashes. I'd be giddy if we hired Marty.