PDA

View Full Version : "Why even play the regular season?"

East Coast Fan
09-23-2007, 07:47 AM
That's what I heard some "sports analyst" (didn't know him) say on TV the other day: "We all know the AFC Championship game will be New England vs. Indianapolis, so why even bother to play the regular season". He may eventually be proved right, but there's a few teams that MAY have something to do about it!

omac
09-23-2007, 08:46 AM
That's what I heard some "sports analyst" (didn't know him) say on TV the other day: "We all know the AFC Championship game will be New England vs. Indianapolis, so why even bother to play the regular season". He may eventually be proved right, but there's a few teams that MAY have something to do about it!

Probably just some sensationalism. The game is about matchups, and even teams like NE and Indy have teams that give them fits.

RunYouOver
09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
As a sports analyst, that's probably one of the stupidest things you could say.

I REALLY hope he's wrong, not only because I'd like the Broncos in there, not only because i hate the Patriots, but because to say something like that is just stupid.

BroncoWave
09-23-2007, 10:50 AM
As a sports analyst, that's probably one of the stupidest things you could say.

I REALLY hope he's wrong, not only because I'd like the Broncos in there, not only because i hate the Patriots, but because to say something like that is just stupid.

I'd have to listen to the interview before I pass judgment. I would be willing to bet that what he said was tongue-in-cheek.

Kapaibro
09-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Seems designed to rile up every other AFC team.