PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up the King - Elway situation

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
First - John on Twitter:

johnelway

1. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false. less than 5 seconds ago via web

2. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. 2 minutes ago via web

3. To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. 3 minutes ago via web

Next - Right after the first thread on this topic was started on BF, I sent an email to Mike Klis, and ask Mike if he knew of this. Mike has since given me permission to copy what he stated to me in his reply, which is the following:

I heard it and have already talked to Broncos about it. It's completely incorrect. King made an incredible leap. It was Minnesota, by the way, not San Francisco.

NO WAY ELWAY trades Tebow

Mike Klis

I thank Mike for giving me permission to repeat what he stated to me in an email exchange :salute:

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'll take Klis word over King's any day of the week.

honz
01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
John needs to get on the Tebow bandwagon or ****, IMHO!

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I think it does need to be clarified whether or not Elway believes in Tebow 100% as a QB.

It doesn't sound like it from his comments. I am shocked no one dug deeper when Elway initially made those comments in his press conference.

From Elway's comments it sounds like he personally sees him at another position ideally. And as good as Tebow looks running as a QB I don't think he would be nearly as good a runner as he is a QB. So it isn't fair to Tebow IMO.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I think it does need to be clarified whether or not Elway believes in Tebow 100% as a QB.

It doesn't sound like it from his comments. I am shocked no one dug deeper when Elway initially made those comments in his press conference.

From Elway's comments it sounds like he personally sees him at another position ideally. And as good as Tebow looks running as a QB I don't think he would be nearly as good a runner as he is a QB. So it isn't fair to Tebow IMO.

Respectfully...

Speculation on your part.

I disgree with your assesment.
I will just listen to what he says..
not what it sounds like he says.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE]3. To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. 3 minutes ago via web

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lancane
01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Elway doesn't need to clarify a damn thing. As he stated previously, he likes Tebow and the entire organization is high on him, he's a good athlete but they need him to become a good quarterback. That's pretty basic and understandable.

People are just pissed that he's not stating that Tebow is a great quarterback already and guaranteed to be the starter and the franchise quarterback till the day he retires or dies.

:rolleyes:

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Respectfully...

Speculation on your part.

I disgree with your assesment.
I will just listen to what he says..
not what it sounds like he says.

He said Tebow is a football player not a QB.. that's my point. I don't see how anyone can take that comment and get anything else from it.

BroncoBJ
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Damn, look at little Carol the Denver insider doing a little reporting. :salute:

Good stuff though. Its still all speculation though but I'd like to see Tebow stick around. :elefant:

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Elway doesn't need to clarify a damn thing. As he stated previously, he likes Tebow and the entire organization is high on him, he's a good athlete but they need him to become a good quarterback. That's pretty basic and understandable.

People are just pissed that he's not stating that Tebow is a great quarterback already and guaranteed to be the starter and the franchise quarterback till the day he retires or dies.

:rolleyes:

I'm not pissed.. I am worried Elway doesn't view him as QB. Watch the Tebow documentary.. the first thing he says to his agent is he wants people that believe in him as a QB.. that he is good at what he does. Not fair to say Tebow isn't a QB just because he isn't experienced in the system Elway deems viable.

scott.475
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Mac, I understand your passion, but I think you are reading way more into John's comments than they deserve. John's comments were fair, Tim is raw, no one would call him polished at this point. If the same exact things were said about any other rookie in any position it wouldn't be a big deal, since by definition, being a rookie means you have a lot to learn. Elway's comments are not that big a deal, he has simply stated what he thinks a rookie player needs to work on. I really, really like Tim and want to win with him, but he is not above having constructive criticism directed at him. I don't think anyone could actually disagree with the areas John mentioned as needing work. Tim has only started 3 games! No one should expect mastery from him yet.

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Mac, I understand your passion, but I think you are reading way more into John's comments than they deserve. John's comments were fair, Tim is raw, no one would call him polished at this point. If the same exact things were said about any other rookie in any position it wouldn't be a big deal, since by definition, being a rookie means you have a lot to learn. Elway's comments are not that big a deal, he has simply stated what he thinks a rookie player needs to work on. I really, really like Tim and want to win with him, but he is not above having constructive criticism directed at him. I don't think anyone could actually disagree with the areas John mentioned as needing work. Tim has only started 3 games! No one should expect mastery from him yet.

I agree with you.. but my point is it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It's one thing to say Tim is a rookie QB.. it's another thing to say "Tebow is going to have to pull off a miracle to make it as a QB"... and that is what he is saying - "if anyone can do it Tebow can"

If he said it's not a matter of "if" but "when" then i would agree with you guys.

Lancane
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm not pissed.. I am worried Elway doesn't view him as QB. Watch the Tebow documentary.. the first thing he says to his agent is he wants people that believe in him as a QB.. that he is good at what he does. Not fair to say Tebow isn't a QB just because he isn't experienced in the system Elway deems viable.

Elway views him as many do, as a young quarterback prospect in need of coaching to actually get to that next level, the level that they need him to be at. The system being viable is of extreme importance, because at the NFL level you'll find coaches that use variations of several different schemes, if you are stuck using one or two base offensive systems exclusively then the system is rather easy to figure out. We need Tebow to be able to play in any of those systems, that is the measure of a good quarterback, the ability to adapt to any scheme and play solidly in that system. No quarterback has ever played his entire NFL career in just one base system, not one...coaches come and go, even Brady has played in a variety of schemes, even though most of them have been spread based in NE, they do use some pro-style variations and other schemes mixed in.

He's not there yet, let's just hope we get a coach that can get him to that level, to become not only a solid quarterback but a great one.

Juriga72
01-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I wonder if John said something to King... (Dumb as it MIGHT be) and King then reported it...

John could be back-peddling..... WTFK........
either way, we have to give the kid at least 4-5 starts NEXT year before we know what we have

scott.475
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
it's another thing to say "Tebow is going to have to pull off a miracle to make it as a QB"... and that is what he is saying - "if anyone can do it Tebow can"

No, he listed 3 specific things Tim needs to work on to become a polished QB, then said if anyone has the ability to fix those things it is Tim. That is a far cry from saying it will take a miracle for him to do it.

Don't be glass is half empty, fellow fan, things are looking up. Elway is more savvy than people are giving him credit for.

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I wonder if John said something to King... (Dumb as it MIGHT be) and King then reported it...

John could be back-peddling..... WTFK........
either way, we have to give the kid at least 4-5 starts NEXT year before we know what we have

I know, people are ASSUMING that King pulled this out of nowhere then suddenly decided to report it simply because it is John Elway...

King didn't just make this up and it's absurd to think he did. He might have expanded on a thought Elway had but he didn't just create this from nothing.

Lancane
01-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I know, people are ASSUMING that King pulled this out of nowhere then suddenly decided to report it simply because it is John Elway...

King didn't just make this up and it's absurd to think he did. He might have expanded on a thought Elway had but he didn't just create this from nothing.

Who cares? Elway might have just said to him that they expect someone to make a trade offer for him. You could read into that to mean many things, the difference is what will happen, not what is said.

T.K.O.
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM

IMO.

why would Elway need to tel people he believes in Tebow 100% ?
you would have to be retarded to believe in any QB 100% after only 3 starts and a handfull of plays as a rookie.
i would be much more concerned if he showed the stubborness of someone who absolutely committed to a qb with such a limited resume:salute:
is he supportive of him ?
sounds like it to me.
is he convinced that Tebow is going to be the next great qb ?
of coarse not ! that would be "premature expectation";)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
From Mike Klis' email response to me:

"King made an incredible leap."

Also, from John:

ON TEBOW SAYING THAT YOU’RE NOT COACHING HIM MECHANICALLY, BUT MORE ON A PERSONAL, DAY-TO-DAY LEVEL ABOUT LIFE IN THE NFL:
“You know, and that’s all we’ve really had a chance to talk about. But I look forward to getting with all the quarterbacks and sitting in the room and giving the advice that I can give with my experience and I think I can help them, and so I’m looking forward to having some hands-on tutoring with the quarterbacks here but also with all of them, to get out there and watch them throw and give them different things that I know, and hopefully it can help them.”

Too Much to Tweet: Elway's Thoughts on Tim Tebow

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2011/01/08/too-much-to-tweet-elways-thoughts-on-tim-tebow/#more-2170

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Off-Topic, but here is an Elway-Stanford game from 1981, Stanford vs Ohio State, Elway vs a much better team. Good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEjjkEiYt8

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
why would Elway need to tel people he believes in Tebow 100% ?
you would have to be retarded to believe in any QB 100% after only 3 starts and a handfull of plays as a rookie.

is he convinced that Tebow is going to be the next great qb ?
of coarse not ! that would be "premature expectation";)

I think Elway would say he is 100% behind a guy like Luck just because he "looks" like a prototypical NFL QB even though he really hasn't accomplished anything compared to Tebow. It's easy to look flawless when you are on a great team playing weak D...

If Elway felt the same about any QB then he should say it like that.. just say any QB has a learning curve that they have to adapt to to make it as a NFL QB.

T.K.O.
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I think Elway would would say he is 100% behind a guy like Luck just because he "looks" like a prototypical NFL QB even though he really hasn't accomplished anything compared to Tebow. It's easy to look flawless when you are on a great team playing weak D...

ok:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
The estimable Peter King created a Rocky Mountain stir Saturday afternoon when he strongly implied on national TV that Broncos football boss John Elway might trade quarterback Tim Tebow to the team that soon hires former Broncos boss Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator.

I saw the report and heard King. King said Elway doesn’t think Tebow is a good quarterback. What Elway has been saying the past couple days is he thinks Tebow is a good football player, but now the Broncos have to make him a good quarterback.

Elway’s first tweet in response to King’s report: “To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow … I think he’s a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great quarterback, Tim can.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/08/contrary-to-report-no-way-elway-the-broncos-trading-tebow/6485/

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
ok:coffee:

Bush league.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Remember how the Jay Cutler situation festered in Denver for several weeks before the Broncos finally shipped the Pro Bowl quarterback out of town two years ago?

The Denver Broncos clearly learned from that fiasco.

The Broncos nipped a potential issue in the bud Saturday when new Denver football czar John Elway made it clear the Broncos are happy with quarterback Tim Tebow and that the team has no intention of trading him.

A commotion was caused on NBC Saturday when long-time NFL journalist Peter King said Elway told him he didn’t think Tebow was a good NFL quarterback right now. King then speculated that Tebow could end up with former Denver coach Josh McDaniels when he becomes an offensive coordinator. McDaniels drafted Tebow in April he was fired in December.

Elway immediately went to twitter to express his feelings about Tebow when he heard of King’s report. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Elway has already talked to Tebow about it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35417/elway-quickly-puts-out-tebow-fire

Ravage!!!
01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Its fair to say that he's not a good QB.. yet. Thats a VERY VERY fair statement, and if its coming from Elway at this position, and not simply speaking the to talk..... then it tells you just exactly how he feels. Tim is NOT a good QB...yet. Period.

Agent of Orange
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Its fair to say that he's not a good QB.. yet. Thats a VERY VERY fair statement, and if its coming from Elway at this position, and not simply speaking the to talk..... then it tells you just exactly how he feels. Tim is NOT a good QB...yet. Period.

Yeah, everyone knows he's not polished, yet he's still effective. Thats whats so exciting about the future with him.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah, everyone knows he's not polished, yet he's still effective. Thats whats so exciting about the future with him.

We can only hope that he will be as effective at the NFL level as he was at the college level - time will tell.

Agent of Orange
01-08-2011, 11:11 PM
We can only hope that he will be as effective at the NFL level as he was at the college level - time will tell.

The team averaged around 23 points per game in his first three games as a pro with little to play for. You have to wonder what it might be with any kind of improvement. There's a reason for optimimism.

jhildebrand
01-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Again....This is another situation where a critique or criticism of Tebow is blown out of proportion by the Tebow-ites. The fact is Tebow is a rookie QB with 3 games under his belt. EVERY rookie QB has things to work on parts of their game to improve upon.

I like Tebow alot but I fear his followers!

jhildebrand
01-08-2011, 11:23 PM

On one hand if Tebow and his camp can't handle legit criticisms (not saying anybody is complaining other than his followers) than we don't want him as QB.

On the other hand we saw another QB prematurely deemed a VERY GOOD QB and had lots of nice things said about him all along the way only to fire us off to an awesome 3 win season while at the helm.

In the end all of this should only serve to make Tebow better and Elway should know. Afterall, he was the subject of some major criticisms early on in his career as well!

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Tebow will be judged by one person.

John 7:2

Lancane
01-09-2011, 12:58 AM

Lucifer 6:6:6

:heh:

MacGruder
01-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I think some have it backwards here. You can blame the Tebowites but everyone all avross the country is convinced Elway wants to trade Tebow. Is that the Tebowites fault or Elway's?

I fear that the same kind of die hard fandom you fear in Tebowites gave Elway a position he really didn't deserve. Being a great player doesn't make someone great developing a team.

Elway needs to build a team for today.. not his era which is long gone. Peyton Manning is more suited to this era than Elway and he only has one championship. In my opinion that is because the game is changing. Tebow may be the perfect player for his era as Elway was in his era... does Elway recognize that?

Does Elway know how to build a team to Tebow's strengths or just his own? I think that might be what this is really all about. The problem isn't Tebow.. it's that Elway may only be comfortable building around one type of QB -- himself.

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2011, 04:30 AM
I think some have it backwards here. You can blame the Tebowites but everyone all avross the country is convinced Elway wants to trade Tebow. Is that the Tebowites fault or Elway's?

I fear that the same kind of die hard fandom you fear in Tebowites gave Elway a position he really didn't deserve. Being a great player doesn't make someone great developing a team.

Elway needs to build a team for today.. not his era which is long gone. Peyton Manning is more suited to this era than Elway and he only has one championship. In my opinion that is because the game is changing. Tebow may be the perfect player for his era as Elway was in his era... does Elway recognize that?

Does Elway know how to build a team to Tebow's strengths or just his own? I think that might be what this is really all about. The problem isn't Tebow.. it's that Elway may only be comfortable building around one type of QB -- himself.

The fault lays at the feet of Peter "Hack" King.

Co-incidentily... I am hearing the over at Pro Football T... the rag that Fiore(sp) and King write for, and caused such a hubub...
I hear that all traces of any of this mess have been deleted.

They srubbed their rag clean of the huge mess they created.

Hacks.

MacGruder
01-09-2011, 04:49 AM
There's no question the media may have blown it out of proportion. But as I see it the statement was just asking for it. So much so that Elway's intent is in questioned even by Broncos fans. I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow is wondering what Elway was thinking as well. And was there really any need for it? It isn't as if Tebow doesn't know his weaknesses and isn't a hard worker.

Juriga72
01-09-2011, 07:57 AM

The fat guy behind me Sec:313 Row 7 seat 15... case he "has forgot more about football than most people ever have learned"

threefolddead
01-09-2011, 08:45 AM
There's no question the media may have blown it out of proportion. But as I see it the statement was just asking for it. So much so that Elway's intent is in questioned even by Broncos fans. I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow is wondering what Elway was thinking as well. And was there really any need for it? It isn't as if Tebow doesn't know his weaknesses and isn't a hard worker.

Can you show us where Elway questions Tebow because I read the same thing you did and all he says is hes not a polished quarterback in the NFL. And hes not. That's no secret. Three games does not bring you to the top. Elway is just speaking the truth and its something the former organization didn't really do. It always felt to happy go lucky to me and irregardless of who Elway is to the fans he is coming in as an honest evaluator.

TXBRONC
01-09-2011, 09:32 AM

We need to climb up Elway's ass because King screwed up? There is nothing to dig deep for. Elway made it clear on a couple of occassions that he likes Tebow but that he also thinks there are several things that Tebow has to do to get better.

Dzone
01-09-2011, 09:42 AM
John needs to show some successes in his new job, because thus far, he had harbaugh show 0% interest in coming here and working with John, and now he is having to cover for things he shouldnt be saying to people like Peter King. Get a coach, its going to be Dennison, with fassel as OC, and get on with DEFENSE...maybe Mike Singletary as DC

Dzone
01-09-2011, 09:50 AM
We need to climb up Elway's ass because King screwed up? There is nothing to dig deep for. Elway made it clear on a couple of occassions that he likes Tebow but that he also thinks there are several things that Tebow has to do to get better.

Elway needs to spend some time at Dove valley, he will usually find Tebow there. They need to go outside and throw, every day. Talk about the game. Does Elway want to be a mentor to Tebow? Tebow will set the pace and Elways work ethic had better match Tebows.
Remember Bill Romanowski? Tebow has a bit of Romos work ethic in him. I was at a weekend class at Dove valley few years ago, we took a tour of the Broncos weightlifting facilities...The gym was empty and quiet that sunday morning, except one lone Bronco, in the squat rack doing squats...guess who it was? Bill Romanowski

TXBRONC
01-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Lucifer 6:6:6

:heh:

Get behind me Satan. 7:7:7 :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
# What I said was if McD gets a job with a QB-needy team, he could urge them to deal for Tebow. That is all. about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Elway to me Friday: "I don't think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time.'' I never said on TV Elway/Den was trying to deal him. about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/si_peterking

As I did not hear King say what he said on the pregame yesterday, those who did can confirm if what he is saying in his twitter is exactly what he said, or if he was back peddling on twitter.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
# What I said was if McD gets a job with a QB-needy team, he could urge them to deal for Tebow. That is all. about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Elway to me Friday: "I don't think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time.'' I never said on TV Elway/Den was trying to deal him. about 17 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/si_peterking

As I did not hear King say what he said on the pregame yesterday, those who did can confirm if what he is saying in his twitter is exactly what he said, or if he was back peddling on twitter.

King said what he said he did, but just like anything, it's how he said it. He's not innocent on this. He knows what he tried to do. He said "I talked to John Elway and he doesn't think Tebow is a very good QB" loudly and proudly and somewhat quieter "right now" and he immediately used it as a launching platform to follow on with "If Josh McDaniels gets hired as an OC, expect him to try and trade for Tebow".

In the context and how he said it, Peter King was obviuosly trying to drum up some controversy and create a story where one didn't exist. Dan Patrick even led in with "what's the latest news from Denver, Peter?" as if it was some breaking story that Elway hates Tebow and wants to trade him.

The point is, King knows exactly what he did and now he's back pedaling. Had it been as innocent as he made it sound after the fact, there wouldn't have been this much confusion amongst the football world (everyone was talking about it, not just Bronco/Tebow fans) and Elway wouldn't have had to clarify his position. King/Florio did it to get ratings, and that's what they got.

It's no different than telling someone "You look nice today". How you say the word "nice" can mean everything. You could be sincere or you could be being sarcastic. King made it sound like Elway wanted to trade Tebow without actually saying it...

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:15 PM
King said what he said he did, but just like anything, it's how he said it. He's not innocent on this. He knows what he tried to do. He said "I talked to John Elway and he doesn't think Tebow is a very good QB" loudly and proudly and somewhat quieter "right now" and he immediately used it as a launching platform to follow on with "If Josh McDaniels gets hired as an OC, expect him to try and trade for Tebow".

In the context and how he said it, Peter King was obviuosly trying to drum up some controversy and create a story where one didn't exist. Dan Patrick even led in with "what's the latest news from Denver, Peter?" as if it was some breaking story that Elway hates Tebow and wants to trade him.

The point is, King knows exactly what he did and now he's back pedaling. Had it been as innocent as he made it sound after the fact, there wouldn't have been this much confusion amongst the football world (everyone was talking about it, not just Bronco/Tebow fans) and Elway wouldn't have had to clarify his position. King/Florio did it to get ratings, and that's what they got.

It's no different than telling someone "You look nice today". How you say the word "nice" can mean everything. You could be sincere or you could be being sarcastic. King made it sound like Elway wanted to trade Tebow without actually saying it...

Actually, King's "right now" was just as loud as the rest of his representation
of what Elway said, and he began his statement with those words. The
video is on this page:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/08/elway-not-a-tebow-fan/

He also made it clear that the speculation involving any possible trade of
Tebw was his own, not Elway's. He did not suggest that Elway would be
inclined to trade, but that McDaniels would want to trade for Tebow if
McDaniels were to take the OC job at Minnesota.

So this whole thing has been blown up and twisted out of proportion.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
video is on this page:

-----

Definitely blown up and twisted out of proportion on here - even to the extent some were calling Elway names :tsk: What was said, versus what some on here indicated was said is MILES apart.

Sinthor
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
No, he listed 3 specific things Tim needs to work on to become a polished QB, then said if anyone has the ability to fix those things it is Tim. That is a far cry from saying it will take a miracle for him to do it.

Don't be glass is half empty, fellow fan, things are looking up. Elway is more savvy than people are giving him credit for.

I really don't get all of this. If Elway was talking about any other rookie QB, it would be no big deal, but because he's talking about Tebow, the media and other detractors spin this into "Elway thinks Tebow will never make it as a quarterback!"

Good grief! Elway said what is true of ANY rookie QB, ESPECIALLY after only three games. He DID say that the team was very happy with how he'd performed in the final 3 games of the year and that WAS a compliment. Elway's simply saying that they need to work with Tebow to make him "good" (read, consistent, consistently accurate, productive- all those things that a franchise quarterback make) and that if anyone can do that (read: succeed) Tebow can.

That was actually a good endorsement of Tebow, as much as there can be one after only 3 games. Normally after just three games, it wouldn't be surprising to hear an organization say something like "we need to see where he's at going forward and determine if he'll be our quarterback in the future" or some other neutral statement. The fact that Tebow performed WELL in those 3 games despite the noted lack of practice time, etc. caused Elway to actually compliment him, although he also tempered that (reasonably) with what the team needs to see in the future.

Bottom line, it's no big deal and Elway's actually been positive. Because it's Tebow though, the media will take any statement like this and try to spin it into negative publicity. And truly, we DO need to see more from Tebow to determine if he's "the guy" for the long term. So far, I like his chances of success as well but bottom line, he has to do that and continue to improve his game long term for the Broncos to be a playoff and possible Super Bowl contender/winner. It's nothing bad: if anything, we have a lot more hope now and that's a great thing!

I can't wait to see what they do during the offseason. The draft, the new HC and most importantly to me- the staff (OC, DC and very importantly, the QB coach). We need that staff to be strong to help the team as a whole and develop Tebow into the best he can be.

MacGruder
01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Good grief! Elway said what is true of ANY rookie QB, ESPECIALLY after only three games.

Where did he say this? This is what I thought he should have said in the beginning "like any rookie QB.. blah blah blah Tim Tebow needs to learn to be a QB"

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2011, 01:54 PM
It was an emotional response..
I am guilty of it as well.
I did not freak about Elway....
it was just more of the same the Luck Buckers have been doing for months.

Carol, and many others among us..
set out to mitigate the PERCEPTION that KING projected...
with his abject SPECULATION designed to provoke the fan base of both teams.

It provoked all right.

In Denver...
After Josh tore up the offense..
came in and alientaed many players..
traded our youn Pro bowl QB away..

... to hear from this hack that McD wanted to steal our
1st round draft pick QB..
we are a bit edgy and sensitive about our tenuous situation.

It was a report DESIGNED to create controversy and KING did it
because he is an ATTENTION WHORE.

The Hack got the attention he wanted...
Elway set the situation straight..
and there you go.

They shift their focus from..
backing Orton..
to backing the Luck Pick..
to the next Rookie QB pick...
to "the new Head Coach wont want him" gambit...
to "Josh will convince his new team to trade for him" gambit..
to whatever the next "Get rid of Tebow" idea they come up with.

Face it.

Some people just plain dont like Tim.
They want him to fail...
and they want him gone.

This is not the last Tebow controversy we will see this off season.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2011, 01:57 PM
video is on this page:

-----

Really? So King's irresponsible journalism isn't to blame here? He didn't just interpret a soundbite of Elway's he TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE. He then ran to primetime NBC and said in his own terms "Elway doesn't like Tebow but McDaniels does and will probably try to trade for him if he goes to a team that needs a QB." Word for word or not... THAT was the intent of King's report. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

I don't know, maybe if I was a professional journalist, when Elway said to me "Tebow isn't a good NFL QB right now" I would've made sure he clarified what he was saying. I would've asked what Tebow's future was and if he was considering trading him or looking for a new QB rather than just making shit up for ratings that I later got slapped by the guy who said it and had to retract it.

Peter King is a NE sword-swallower who loves anything Bellicheat (including McDaniels) and he got caught intentionally getting as close to misquoting someone for his story as possible. It would be like you asking me how I'm doing and I say "I'm feeling a little under the weather" then you report "Horsepower is feeling under the weather, I expect him to be dead in a week"...

That's what happened. King screwed the pooch on this one and went waaaaaaayyyyyyyy out on a limb and got called on it. Maybe he'll learn to tread more lightly and gets his facts straight when discussing the most polarizing figure in the NFL? There's no middle ground with Tebow, either you're a lover or a hater, so if you're going to criticize him, you'd better bring your A-game or you'll be called out on it every time.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Really? So King's irresponsible journalism isn't to blame here? He didn't just interpret a soundbite of Elway's he TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE. He then ran to primetime NBC and said in his own terms "Elway doesn't like Tebow but McDaniels does and will probably try to trade for him if he goes to a team that needs a QB." Word for word or not... THAT was the intent of King's report. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

I don't know, maybe if I was a professional journalist, when Elway said to me "Tebow isn't a good NFL QB right now" I would've made sure he clarified what he was saying. I would've asked what Tebow's future was and if he was considering trading him or looking for a new QB rather than just making shit up for ratings that I later got slapped by the guy who said it and had to retract it.

Peter King is a NE sword-swallower who loves anything Bellicheat (including McDaniels) and he got caught intentionally getting as close to misquoting someone for his story as possible. It would be like you asking me how I'm doing and I say "I'm feeling a little under the weather" then you report "Horsepower is feeling under the weather, I expect him to be dead in a week"...

That's what happened. King screwed the pooch on this one and went waaaaaaayyyyyyyy out on a limb and got called on it. Maybe he'll learn to tread more lightly and gets his facts straight when discussing the most polarizing figure in the NFL? here's no middle ground with Tebow, either you're a lover or a hater, so if you're going to dtiticize him, you'd better bring your A-game or you'll be called out on it every time.

Oh, don't go tying into me about it. I didn't give any opinions. I only
showed it as it happened and provided the documentation.

-----

Superchop 7
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Heres the deal.

We need to get "behind" our quarterback.

If he is only average.....so be it.....build a stellar defense.

If you drop a number 1 pick.....LIVE WITH IT.

I will take the intangibles and attitude.

T.K.O.
01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Bush league.

and you saying what you think elway might say is......cutting edge ?:confused: