PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game tomorrow, advice sought

Davii
09-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll be at the Broncos Chargers game tomorrow and i'm wondering if it would be better to drive or take a bus.

How much does it cost to park? How close can you get with the bus? Are the buses completely packed when it's time to leave the game?

I'm supposed to be going in gate 1.

What's the best time to get to the stadium?

Etc. This is my first trip to Invesco so if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I'll be at the Broncos Chargers game tomorrow and i'm wondering if it would be better to drive or take a bus.

How much does it cost to park? How close can you get with the bus? Are the buses completely packed when it's time to leave the game?

I'm supposed to be going in gate 1.

What's the best time to get to the stadium?

Etc. This is my first trip to Invesco so if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

WOW Davii - that is great that you will be at the game tomorrow. First, where are you staying in regards to how close you are to the stadium?

Davii
09-13-2008, 11:55 AM
WOW Davii - that is great that you will be at the game tomorrow. First, where are you staying in regards to how close you are to the stadium?

I'm currently staying at my Mom's in Wheat Ridge. She said the stadium is pretty close, just down Wadsworth, I'm not really sure.

DenverBronkHoes
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
get there at 8am and start drinkin dude....

DenverBronkHoes
09-13-2008, 11:59 AM
take a cab if ur that close... just bring a cooler.... wear your colors.... u will have a blast

boo the living shit out of any charger fan u see

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:00 PM
get there at 8am and start drinkin dude....

I would like to remember the game. Especially when I think the Broncos are going to roll to 2-0.

BroncoJoe
09-13-2008, 12:03 PM
The stadium is roughly at Federal and Colfax (15th Street). Parking at the stadium is around $20.00-30.00 I think. I live Southeast, so I would take the lightrail if I was going, but not sure what to tell you from Wheat Ridge. If you go early, a lot of the homes close to the stadium offer spaces on their lots for a bit less too.

turftoad
09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Go to a bar near by that has a bus. Get there around 10:00 - 10:30. Have some food/beer.Watch some of the early games on the tube. Jump on the first bus (since you've never been there before) about 1 1/2 hours early. Find your seat, grab a beer, wonder around to check the place out and hit your seat for kick off.

It's just that easy. Have a great time. Should be a great game.

Do you have decent seats?

SR
09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm jealous dude!

DenverBronkHoes
09-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I would like to remember the game. Especially when I think the Broncos are going to roll to 2-0.

do like i do.... drink beer an hour... ull b at 4 or 5 by game time...

i never drink... 3-4 beers buzzes me nicely... i dont know ur tolerance, but if u forget stuff when ur drunk u probably drink too much anyway....

just sayin... ur first game... at invesco... U need to walk around and meet the fans... eat some food.... dont drink at all.... still...

the pre game experience is just as good as watching the game too.... And if we win(i think we will), the post game parties will be going off too...

bring a camera

turftoad
09-13-2008, 12:07 PM
They won't let you in with a cooler.

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Go to a bar near by that has a bus. Get there around 10:00 - 10:30. Have some food/beer.Watch some of the early games on the tube. Jump on the first bus (since you've never been there before) about 1 1/2 hours early. Find your seat, grab a beer, wonder around to check the place out and hit your seat for kick off.

I think they're great seats. Section 104 Row 8 Seats 13&14

I've been to the stadium once before. I had tickets to the Christmas eve Bengals game but got stuck in Houston due to the blizzard, but went on the stadium tour when I finally got here two days after the game.

DenverBronkHoes
09-13-2008, 12:10 PM

im talkin about pre game outside the the stadium... Tailgating

no stadium will let any coolers inside

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:11 PM

Not even those little coolers they sell in the Team Store? I thought those were approved?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm currently staying at my Mom's in Wheat Ridge. She said the stadium is pretty close, just down Wadsworth, I'm not really sure.

I think the best thing for you to do is take the RTD Federal Blvd. shuttle. It originates behind Chase Bank at 4704 Harlan St, Denver 80212. (go to mapquest for driving directions and put in the address where you are at now, and then the Harlan address). The Federal shuttle leaves the Harlan address, goes east on I70, and then down Federal Blvd (which is the street on the west side of the stadium). The bus lets you off in front on the west side of Federal. Here is the info link at RTD: Price is $3.50 round trip.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/

I think you would also enjoy the following. Just get there in time to enjoy it before the game starts:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=319

Hope this helps :salute:

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Carol.

Speaking of tailgating...

Anyone going to be tailgating anywhere in particular? If so i'll do my best to stop by!

SR
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Davii who are you going with? GEM?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks Carol.

Speaking of tailgating...

Anyone going to be tailgating anywhere in particular? If so i'll do my best to stop by!

You might want to pm Mtn-Man - he goes to the games. Maybe you could meet him there.

girler
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
If you were going to ride a bus down Wadsworth, you would need to get off at Colfax and then take another one to the stadium (Federal) too. If you have the patience for that, it would be fine- I don't have that patience, I'd rather pay the money, and then wait in line after the game with the masses to go home. :laugh:

honz
09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Have fun! I'm jealous. I've never seen the Broncos in person.

SR
09-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Have fun! I'm jealous. I've never seen the Broncos in person.

I've only ever seen them when they played the Cardinals in AZ. The last time I saw them live I think was when they played the Cards in Sept '01. I remember that because they were supposed to play the weekend after 9/11, but that week's games got pushed back to the next week. Last year, AZ Snake offered me two tickets to go to the Oak @ Den game, but I couldn't go because neither one of my parents or any of my friends could go and I didn't want to go alone.

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Davii who are you going with? GEM?

Taking my Mom. I do believe GEM is going though. I'll have to get ahold of her later today to find out for sure, but I think she's going.

jrelway
09-13-2008, 12:30 PM

thats exactly what i did. went to a bar in the city, ate, drank, then hopped on a shuttle. aye davii, hope the outcome of this game was better than my experience 2 years ago. We were up 21-3 end of 3rd quarter, and ladanian scores 4 straight tds. i was pissed! worse shuttle ride back. talk about a morbid ass atmosphere.

SR
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Taking my Mom. I do believe GEM is going though. I'll have to get ahold of her later today to find out for sure, but I think she's going.

Roger that. I'm excited for you man! It should be a good game. On the way to Invesco, I can think of something for you to drop off in a mail box. :laugh:

Davii
09-13-2008, 12:55 PM
roger That. I'm Excited For You Man! It Should Be A Good Game. On The Way To Invesco, I Can Think Of Something For You To Drop Off In A Mail Box. :laugh:

Lmaofrenchtoastwithpowderedsugarinsteadofsyrup

SR
09-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Lmaofrenchtoastwithpowderedsugarinsteadofsyrup

mmmmmmm....french toast.

WARHORSE
09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Make sure you take a camera dude. Cruise the parking lot and hang with all the tailgaters. Take pics with them........theyre a hoot.

Broncos fans are the best, and they love their own.:salute::salute:

Look for the Broncos colored schoolbus with the rear end chopped, with the strippers pole in the middle...........great people, and they shred the slopes in winter.:D

deacon
09-13-2008, 02:18 PM
You'll have a great time! Get there way early and walk around visiting all the tailgaters. Then be at the players entrance when they arrive.
Here's a great seating chart. Just click on your section and it will show you what your view will be.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/invesco/seating_map.php3

Nomad
09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Have fun and bring your good luck karma along!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
You'll have a great time! Get there way early and walk around visiting all the tailgaters. Then be at the players entrance when they arrive.
Here's a great seating chart. Just click on your section and it will show you what your view will be.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/invesco/seating_map.php3

WOW Davii - DEFINITELY great seats - ENJOY - :salute: If you go to the South end, you will see the figures, etc. That is also the end the Broncos go in/come out, and that is where there are tents set up, etc., and a major gift shop. Don't know if they still have it, but they did have an area devoted to John Elway in the gift shop.

BroncoBJ
09-13-2008, 02:34 PM
I'll be at the game as well. :salute:
Traffic isn't too bad, but then again I'm never the driver when I go to Denver :lol:
But we usually get to the stadium between 9 or 10 in the morning.
And then we leave like an hour after the game or so.

dogfish
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM
i advise you to get drunk, scream yourself hoarse, and have a great time!

:salute:

Az Snake
09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Glad that you got back from Iraq in time to make the game.

And I'm glad that you also have a chance to take your Mom.

During the pre-game festivities, as our National Anthem is performed, the fly-over will come from your 3.

You will most likely see them before you hear them.

A favor please; Use you photo skills and post lots of pics for us.

Oh, and just one more little favor;

Run out on the field between plays and slap Phillip Rivers a few times for us !!!

We'll make a collection for you bail !!! --- :laugh:

J/K --- Have a great time and enjoy !

You deserve it Gunny !!!

Broncoschic7
09-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Davil,

Go early enough you can walk around through the tailgaters. If its your first time I'd go in the stadium early so you can watch them warm up. Take your camera and you can walk down to the front row, which at Invesco is plenty close for some great pictures. Meander around and find your seats and ENJOY the game !! The team proshop there is very nice as well.:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Make sure you take a camera dude. Cruise the parking lot and hang with all the tailgaters. Take pics with them........theyre a hoot.

Look for the Broncos colored schoolbus with the rear end chopped, with the strippers pole in the middle...........great people, and they shred the slopes in winter.:D

We met up with those guys last year in K.C. They are awesome.

elsid13
09-14-2008, 10:10 AM

Meck is no longer in parking lot, he bought some land just outside were he parks OF1.

SR
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Hell of a game to go to Davii. Hope you had a great time.