PDA

View Full Version : Elway on twitter regarding Tebow

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.
1 minute ago via web

Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.
half a minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/johnelway

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.
less than 5 seconds ago via web

BroncoBJ
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Yea, I just saw that also. What made him post all that? Was there rumors today that Tim would be moved from QB? or what? :confused:

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
It is in response the the rumour monger Peter King...
there is a whole thread.
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

Quote:
johnelway John Elway
Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Quote:
johnelway John Elway
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

I think this settles it for sure.

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Yea, I just saw that also. What made him post all that? Was there rumors today that Tim would be moved from QB? or what? :confused:

Peter King botched a report in the pre-game show.

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He didn't wait a day or two, he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.

BroncoBJ
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
It is in response the the rumour monger Peter King...
there is a whole thread.

Quote:
johnelway John Elway

Quote:
johnelway John Elway

I think this settles it for sure.

Thanks. Guess I've been out of the loop :lol: I'll have to go see what rumors there are.

Glad John put it to rest.

Northman
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
There you have it meltdown girls. Straight from the horses mouth (pun intended)

BroncoBJ
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He didn't wait a day or two, he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.

Yea, I missed the pregame show today. Glad to see Elway making full use of his twitter. Although it doesn't make it 100 percent true.

He might have told Peter King all that, and then got mad that King told everyone, so now hes backtracking.

You never know.

Wonder why King would say he spoke to Elway and Elway said that if its not true?

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Seriously though.. this whole play by Elway is more raw than any rookie move Tebow made this year.. lol

Tebow will be a great QB in every way at some point... If Elway becomes a great team manager it will be for the same reason so many Gators looked great -- because Tebow carried him on his back.

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
There you have it meltdown girls. Straight from the horses mouth (pun intended)

Any constructive critisism Elway gives will always be misunderstood as Elway is "jealous" of Tebow. Elway was one of the greatest to EVER play the QB position and wants to take TT under his wing. So If I were Tebow I would really not take the negitive things Elway, our QB coaches or any other coach we bring in as "we don't think you're good enough for the NFL" but rather as a learning experience that will only make you better. Everyone in the Denver organization is pulling for TT to be great...not just an average QB.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
All I needed to hear.

bcbronc
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Thank you Elway for clearing the air right away with our usual blood thirsty media. He [waited for Luck to go back to school, then] he clarified right away on what he thinks of Tebow and that the Broncos in fact are NOT trading him.

fixed. ;)

Tebow was probably about to pull a Cutler over Elway's "you'd have to think about it" Luck comments, so Elway's smoothing the waters.

lgenf
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
you guys may under-estimate that John was reacting to this and other similar Broncos boards.

I am not saying that he watches the boards, but I bet someone in the home office does and keeps a pulse of the fans, and when the shit started flying on the boards with all the negative talk immediately, John may have been advised to put out the fire quickly and not let it stew all weekend long.

dogfish
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
john didn't make the call, he just answered the phone. . .

:fear:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6636/36876021.png (http://img706.imageshack.us/i/36876021.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Tned
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Yea, I missed the pregame show today. Glad to see Elway making full use of his twitter. Although it doesn't make it 100 percent true.

He might have told Peter King all that, and then got mad that King told everyone, so now hes backtracking.

You never know.

Wonder why King would say he spoke to Elway and Elway said that if its not true?

What King says that Elway said is the same thing Elway said in his press conference, which is that Tebow is not a very good QB at this time.

At his press conference he said he was a very good football player, but not yet a very good QB.

No backtracking needed when he's clearly already on record with this.

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
you guys may under-estimate that John was reacting to this and other similar Broncos boards.

I am not saying that he watches the boards, but I bet someone in the home office does and keeps a pulse of the fans, and when the shit started flying on the boards with all the negative talk immediately, John may have been advised to put out the fire quickly and not let it stew all weekend long.

or he could be at home actually watching the saints game?

he was probablly like "WTF you gonna throw me under the bus King?" :laugh:

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
OFF TOPIC:

Stokely!!! down the sideline!!!! and he scores 45 yard TD pass ....Seattle takes the lead.

chazoe60
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Well this means to me there is no way Tebow gets traded now. Elway knows how important the trust of the fans is, it was an important theme of his press conference. He risks a ton of credibility now if he entertains anything other than complete overpayment for Tebow.

Lancane
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Well this means to me there is no way Tebow gets traded now. Elway knows how important the trust of the fans is, it was an important theme of his press conference. He risks a ton of credibility now if he entertains anything other than complete overpayment for Tebow.

He doesn't lose credibility, he would be measured by the emotions of the fans early on, but the true tell-tale sign of how he'd be seen would be a two or three years down the road. Like McDaniels, some fans supported the trade of Cutler and others did not, two years later it looks like a bad trade, since he's leading his team into the playoffs and has literally carried a weak offensive unit all season.

So I would say that is what we would see, if that even happened. I wouldn't be surprised if McDaniels tried to trade for Tebow, whether he landed in Minnesota or Miami, even if he took the job in Oakland, Tennesee or Carolina, those who're looking at him all have a need, with the top prospect out of the draft, Tebow who had relatively good numbers to the others drafted last year could be a hot commodity. The issue is, is Denver sold on him being the future, that franchise-esque quarterback that can lead this team...or is he too much of a project or a risk to bet the house on?

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Screw McD and what ever team he lands on.
Let 'em trade for Orton...

Tebow is a Denver Bronco until we find out what he's got under the hood for reals.

The days of trading off our talent... those days are OVER.

That was the McD way.

Good riddance.

dogfish
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
He doesn't lose credibility, he would be measured by the emotions of the fans early on, but the true tell-tale sign of how he'd be seen would be a two or three years down the road. Like McDaniels, some fans supported the trade of Cutler and others did not, two years later it looks like a bad trade, since he's leading his team into the playoffs and has literally carried a weak offensive unit all season.

So I would say that is what we would see, if that even happened. I wouldn't be surprised if McDaniels tried to trade for Tebow, whether he landed in Minnesota or Miami, even if he took the job in Oakland, Tennesee or Carolina, those who're looking at him all have a need, with the top prospect out of the draft, Tebow who had relatively good numbers to the others drafted last year could be a hot commodity. The issue is, is Denver sold on him being the future, that franchise-esque quarterback that can lead this team...or is he too much of a project or a risk to bet the house on?

mini-hoodie can **** off, he's not getting tebow. . . .

:D

Lancane
01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Screw McD and what ever team he lands on.
Let 'em trade for Orton...

Tebow is a Denver Bronco until we find out what he's got under the hood for reals.

The days of trading off our talent... those days are OVER.

That was the McD way.

Good riddance.

As I said, a fan being led by emotions...

I want to agree with you Painter, but I also know that football is a business, even at the collegiate level it remains a business at it's very base structure.

This is a true story...but I had a friend name Scott who was an offensive tackle, he had that infectious attitude, a drive and determination that was beyond measure and made you want to be better then you were. Coming out of college the scouts said he was a mid round talent and would probably never be a starter in the NFL. I told him not to listen to them, that he could prove them wrong, he was drafted a little earlier then expected, now because of certain issues I've changed the name of the character and I will not say the name of the team that drafted him because I haven't asked for permission to tell the story.

Anyways, the coaches loved him, especially his offensive line coach, but no matter what he did, he never improved what he needed to and they ended up starting him one season and he looked solid but raw, the next season he still showed no signs of improvement and continued to be solid but far from a good tackle and not from a lack of trying. Eventually the team had to cut ties with him and he went from team to team as a backup for about two years, but was out of the league in less then seven seasons. Point is that sometimes a team has to make a judgement call even if they don't want to make it, even if they love that kid, because that is the business.

Is that what we are seeing? No, but we have to remember that this is a business and that a team will do what it sees as the best thing for the organization, McDaniels did not do what was best for it, but what he felt was best for himself. There is a difference, but I always tell people that no matter how much you like a player that plays the game, that you have to remember Daniel Ruettiger or Rudy, and most know his name now because of the movie...but, that is just how it is sometimes, even if it seems unfair, unpractical even, that's football.

OrangeHoof
01-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Unlike another person in the Broncos' recent past you never

1) admit you are trying to trade your starting quarterback before you actually do...and

2) leave any doubt in a player's mind that he's "your guy" until you are ready to get rid of him.

Whether Elway is lying through his keyboard or being completely honest, this is the right thing to do. That's the difference between a 50-year-old brain and a 30-year-old brain.