PDA

View Full Version : Peter King just said possible Tebow to San Fran

Dzone
01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
...He said that he talked to John Elway and said Elway told him that Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback. Then King says that if Mcdaniels goes to San francisco, look for denver to trade Tebow to San Francisco...Am just saying what was just on NBC pregame show. Most likely a crock of crap, but wtf?
So would Elway trade the most popular Bronco since, well, Elway?

turftoad
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
...He said that he talked to John Elway and said Elway told him that Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback. Then King says that if Mcdaniels goes to San francisco, look for denver to trade Tebow to San Francisco...Am just saying what was just on NBC pregame show. Most likely a crock of crap, but wtf?
So would Elway trade the most popular Bronco since, well, Elway?

Tebow is not that popular in Denver...... yet anyway.

Northman
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Yea, just saw that but it goes against everything Elway said in the presser. I think King might be exaggerating how John feels about Tebow. While John feels Tebow needs some work at no time did he say he was terrible or imply it as such. Also, considering John implied that the next coach would be using Tebow kind of goes against King's statements. But anything is possible and if Minny is willing to give up the farm for Tim Denver might pull the trigger, if that is accurate by King.

Dirk
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I saw that too. But didn't he say Minnesota not San Fran?

Either way...I keep hearing people say that Elway doesn't like Tebow.

I hope the hell we aren't going into 2011 with Orton as our starter.

chazoe60
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah that would be a great way to "reconnect with the fans".

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Wasn't someone in the Broncos management just saying they would have made the same deal for Tebow McD did right now?

I think King either got it wrong or is making up a story where he wants one. It's funny though because I remember another idiot on here warping the truth aobut Tebow the same way on this NBC pregame show.

It is possible though that Elway is having trouble finding a coach that loves Tebow.. or at least is willing to tie his future to Tebow. I don't agree with it.. but NFL people are afraid to take ANY perceived risk.

Dirk
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Wasn't someone in the Broncos management just saying they would have made the same deal for Tebow McD did right now?

I think King either got it wrong or is making up a story where he wants one. It's funny though because I remember another idiot on here warping the truth aobut Tebow the same way on this NBC pregame show.

It is possible though that Elway is having trouble finding a coach that loves Tebow.. or at least is willing to tie his future to Tebow. I don't agree with it.. but NFL people are afraid to take ANY perceived risk.

Have they even talked to any coaches yet? :lol: :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I can't imagine John confiding in Peter King - fully knowing he would BLAB it to the world

underrated29
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
That would pretty much be the last straw for me if they do.....

2 franchise QBs traded away in 3 years. and drafting yet another qb...Not going to work with me. This better be crap. Now if TT cant win the job with competition or whatever I am fine. But trading him after 3 starts literally makes us the oakland raiders.

BroncoAV06
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
From the response of the Denver reporters on twitter they feel King has this story wrong. To me its much adu about nothing.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

shank
01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
i would shit bricks made out of bricks and shit.

Sinthor
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow. I'm telling you, the more I hear stuff against Tebow, the more I'm convinced he'll succeed. I just hope we have the stones to see if it will be here in Denver. The amount of nitpicking and disrespect leveled at this kid is just unprecedented.

TXBRONC
01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I said in the other thread Dzone mentioned this in that I think King is full of it on this one.

Dzone
Yea, that would turn a lot of Tebow fans against Elway, right out of the gate. If Tebow is traded this offseason, I will be pissed.

Nomad
The articles have already made it to PFT!! Perhaps Elway was a little too honest with King and let him know how he really feels about Tebow as an NFL QB, but then he did say Tebow would be the QB for the BRONCOS during the week. Elway just needs to come out and throw King under the bus if this is not true!!

King is probably right about McDaniels!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/08/elway-not-a-tebow-fan/

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
two things.

he actually said minn and not sf.

his story is contradicting everything elway has been saying.

Northman
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM
At this point Nom i would believe Elway far more than Peter King.

cardoso
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM
That would pretty much be the last straw for me if they do.....

2 franchise QBs traded away in 3 years. and drafting yet another qb...Not going to work with me. This better be crap. Now if TT cant win the job with competition or whatever I am fine. But trading him after 3 starts literally makes us the oakland raiders.

I agree! this would make me sick to my stomach and im not sure how much effort i could put into the denver lions i meand denver broncos. We're a becoming a JOKE!

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd be so pissed.
I think John Elway is smarter than this.... doubt its true.

TXBRONC
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I can't imagine John confiding in Peter King - fully knowing he would BLAB it to the world

If Rick Reilly, Adam Schefter, or the local guys start saying it I give what King a little more credence.

Nomad
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
At this point Nom i would believe Elway far more than Peter King.

You're right, but Elway could make this go away by reiterating that Tebow is the BRONCOS QB!!

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
i mean if they wanted to trade jarred allen and adrian peterson for tebow then by all means...that would be differant.

Dzone
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
SI_PeterKing To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

Well, he may not have said that elway wanted to trade tebow, But he did say essentially that Elway is not a Tebow fan. Elway had better be careful.He is old and looking more like Gary Bussey every day. Tebow is young and Charismatic and has won the hearts of millions of Bronco fans. Elway doesnt want to be the guy who got rid of Tebow if he knows whats good for him.

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
You're right, but Elway could make this go away by reiterating that Tebow is the BRONCOS QB!!

this story just barely came out 30 mins or so ago.

give it time.

maybe check elways twitter throughout the day?

Dzone
01-08-2011, 04:53 PM
two things.

he actually said minn and not sf.

his story is contradicting everything elway has been saying.
My bad on that one..I thought he said Mcdaniels was interviewing for SF OC

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
SI_PeterKing To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

Well, he may not have said that elway wanted to trade tebow, But he did say essentially that Elway is not a Tebow fan. Elway had better be careful.He is old and looking more like Gary Bussey every day. Tebow is young and Charismatic and has won the hearts of millions of Bronco fans. Elway doesnt want to be the guy who got rid of Tebow if he knows whats good for him.

peter king already back peddaling.....

i think the media just wants to scrutinize tebow as much as possible.

cant wait for this kid to set the nfl on fire next year.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM

It would be hard for John to say that Tebow is the Broncos QB based on 3 starts. Also, how much does John want to step on the HC (insert name) toes? If Orton is traded, I would imagine it would be obvious that Tebow would be the starting QB.

Nomad
01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
this story just barely came out 30 mins or so ago.

give it time.

maybe check elways twitter throughout the day?

Never said immediately:lol:!!

EMB6903
wow... not this again.

TXBRONC

It sounds like King walking back his earlier comments.

JONtheBRONCO
01-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I watched it on TV. King said he talked with Elway on the phone - and Elway told him, "I don't think Tebow is a good NFL QB."

Now, a lot can be made out of that - and after King made the statement - he talked about Tebow to Minnesota IF McD is hired. BUT, the "IF McD goes to Minnesota, then Tim MIGHT be traded" is pure speculation.

One way or another... WTF? First off, of course I believe Elway over King - but the fact of the matter is something was probably said between Elway and King said along those lines. Followed by a bunch of "what ifs" or "would you do this, if you got that in return, etc."

I love Elway. Duh. But this is disappointing. I'll wait to hear the whole story, from both sides first - but if Tebow is traded.. I'll probably puke.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Too Much to Tweet: Elway's Thoughts on Tim Tebow
@BoHussey: Do you have all those Elway quotes about Tebow in one blog post?

Since you asked … all of Elway’s thoughts on Tebow from his press conference and his post-presser question-and-answer session with writing media (please note: press-conference quotes are courtesy of the transcript provided by Denver Broncos media relations):

ON WHAT HE THINKS OF TEBOW:
“We had personnel meetings this morning with everybody — with the whole staff — and got through that and obviously we talked a lot about Tim. I have asked everybody if they had a chance to do the deal over that the Broncos did last year to get Tim (whether they would do it again) and they all said, ‘Yes.’ I think that he has been everything that everybody expected him to be as far as a person, a man, a leader, and what everybody heard about him — his intangibles. I think we had a chance to see a little bit of what Tim can do, having a chance to play those last three games. Obviously, with not a lot of practice time leading up to that, it was tough to be sharp. But, I think Tim has a lot of work to do and he would be the first one to admit that and we will get into that evaluation process as we get the new coach hired, but I would tell you this: as a man, as a football player — we all agree on one thing: Tim Tebow is a darn good football player. What we have to make him is a darn good quarterback and that is what we have to figure out. If there is anybody that is going to give himself a chance to be a darn quarterback or a great quarterback it is going to be Tim Tebow because that is how devoted he is to it and how important it is for him to be a great football player. I want to tell you this: he loves the Denver Broncos. I have had a chance to talk with him and he is everything about what we like in a football player as a Denver Bronco, so I look forward to meeting with Tim and obviously there is a lot of work to do, but we will get that evaluation as we move forward.”

ON IF A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ABOUT TEBOW’S ROLE GOING FORWARD:
“No, it hasn’t been made. That is one thing — the head coach is going to be in charge of that football team and he is going to run that football team, so obviously we will have plenty of conversations. He will have his opinion, I am sure, on Tim and whether they have studied him or not (when) they get to the interview process, but (they will also) understand the situation that we are in with Tim as well as the other quarterbacks we do have. So, there are going to be a lot of discussions with that and we will get to the bottom of that. Is Tim ready to go right now? He has had three games under his belt. I think with some film study there, whether he is ready to go right now or not, I think that is still in question.”

ON WHAT HE WILL DO IF A POTENTIAL HEAD COACH DOESN’T SEE TEBOW AS A GOOD FIT:
“I don ‘t think a coach is going to say that, to be dead honest with you. Everyone is aware of what Tim Tebow is about and so I think that there is still a question — obviously you have guys way over here that say there is no way, you have guys over here that think (otherwise) — there are really not a lot of guys in the middle, but I think that anybody that comes in here and is going to be around Tim Tebow is going to understand that this guy is something special as a man and a person, willing to work with him to give him that opportunity to be the player that he wants. So, I don’t believe that anyone is going to come over and say, ‘I don’t want Tim Tebow. ‘ If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job.”

ON WHAT HE SEES IN TEBOW:
“What I see is he’s very raw when it comes down to drops, he’s very raw when it comes down to anticipation. He’s very raw — he’s a rookie, when it comes down to anticipating throws. Those are the things that he has to get a lot better at. He’s got the intangibles. He’s going to make the plays that you can’t coach, as he did against Houston. He’s going to make those plays, but he’s got to be able to, for us to win a championship, he’s got those intangibles, but he’s got to win it from within the pocket.”

ON TEBOW SAYING THAT YOU’RE NOT COACHING HIM MECHANICALLY, BUT MORE ON A PERSONAL, DAY-TO-DAY LEVEL ABOUT LIFE IN THE NFL:
“You know, and that’s all we’ve really had a chance to talk about. But I look forward to getting with all the quarterbacks and sitting in the room and giving the advice that I can give with my experience and I think I can help them, and so I’m looking forward to having some hands-on tutoring with the quarterbacks here but also with all of them, to get out there and watch them throw and give them different things that I know, and hopefully it can help them.”

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos

DenBronx
My bad on that one..I thought he said Mcdaniels was interviewing for SF OC

its ok. sf was trying to get him. i could imagine anywhere he goes he will try and make a play for tebow or orton/ gaffney or llyod.

camdisco24
I'm so paranoid about losing Tebow.

If he ends up being a stud somewhere else, I won't be able to stomach it.

I have a feeling we're going to see alot of these "Tebow trade blah blah" threads throughout the off season. Wish I could say differently, but its going to make for a long, nail bitting off season...

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
These are both from Peter Kings twitter
SI_PeterKing

Elway tells me "at this time'' he doesn't think Tebow's a good NFL quarterback. I said on NBC that if McD gets job in spot that needs QB ...

SI_PeterKing

To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I will say though that Elway did set himself up for this with his comments about Tebow.. they wren't well thought out.

Seems we have two really raw rookies here -- Tebow AND Elway.

DenBronx
These are both from Peter Kings twitter
SI_PeterKing

Elway tells me "at this time'' he doesn't think Tebow's a good NFL quarterback. I said on NBC that if McD gets job in spot that needs QB ...

SI_PeterKing

To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

so in short.

elway thinks tebow "is very raw"
elway never said he wanted to trade tebow
mcd might want to trade for tebow if he goes to minn.

PAINTERDAVE
In Elways presser he said...
"Tebow is a great football player. He needs to be developed into a great QB.
He is not there yet.
Any coach that comes in here will like Tebow... or he wont be a good fit here."

Many of Tebows detractors jumped on that statement to say.

"See! Elway says he is NOT a good QB."

Others of us view the whole statement and see that he is giving an honest assesmnet
of where the kid is now...
and that he said a Coach would not be a good fit if he doesn't like Tebow.

Peter King did the same thing... looking for any sensational headline he could find..
in his brief little 25 second spot on national TV...
he STARTED A RUMOUR.

Tebow has had to deal with this negative bullcrap all his life.
He's a Bronco now..
so we have to deal with it, too.

Peter King is a RUMOUR MONGER.

It changes NOTHING... him seeking noteriety.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM

http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

I would imagine that after King said what he did, he was flooded by Bronco personnel, sports writers, etc. What an idiot. Says something so far OFF, that he needs to clarify it, and his clarification was NOTHING like his initial statement :mad:

Dzone
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Im sorry but John needs to be careful with his big mouth or he is off to a start similar to Mcdaniels/Cutler...Elway needs to say ONLY positive things about Tebow and then shut the "Bleep" up

DenBronx
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
i think elway is taking more time trying to find the right coach with tebow in mind. why would he even consider trading tebow after making sure we had a coach that wanted to coach tebow?

TXBRONC
01-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Has anyone stop to think that maybe just maybe John meant that Tebow needs work on his game and that he's not throwing him under bus? I listened to his weekly radio segment that does on the Ticket and said that are several things Tebow to be a good quarterback. King is either doing poor job of explaining himself or he's reaching.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
i think elway is taking more time trying to find the right coach with tebow in mind. why would he even consider trading tebow after making sure we had a coach that wanted to coach tebow?

He's not. Thats why.

Tebow is a Bronco under contract for 4 more years...

Elway would be crucified if he tried to trade Tebow.

BroncoAV06
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Overreaction Jackson!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

UnderArmour
01-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Elway is a genius! This type of talk will drive up the price of Orton. Internally, Tebow and Orton know that Tebow is staying but they have to sell that it's a possibility that Tebow can be dealt. Big time smokescreen that will ultimately net us a second round pick for Orton. You heard it here first.

BORDERLINE
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM
wow this is kind dissapointing....

come on Elway you saw what we saw those last three games....

Tebow can be the guy....if he would have said that Tebow was raw than ok but by even saying he's not a good qb sent shockwaves to all broncos fans....

learn from this Elway, don't ever talk bad about your players to the media, it never ends good..

TXBRONC
01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
so in short.

elway thinks tebow "is very raw"
elway never said he wanted to trade tebow
mcd might want to trade for tebow if he goes to minn.

There's hell of big difference between saying that a guy is "raw" verses saying you don't like him. It looks like King overreached on what he said and now is back peddling on his original statement.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
King is losing a lot of respect in my book right now. Not that he had much to being with, but this kind of reporting is sloppy.

John needs to watch who he talk to as well... Not trying to poke fun at him, but he's still very raw at his new position.

UnderArmour
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
King is losing a lot of respect in my book right now. Not that he had much to being with, but this kind of reporting is sloppy.

John needs to watch who he talk to as well... Not trying to poke fun at him, but he's still very raw at his new position.

He's driving up the price of Orton! I don't see how this is a bad thing as long INTERNALLY things are going fine.

Tned
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
John Elway (of Twitter fame), clarifies his comments:

RT @johnelway: To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

RT @johnelway: Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Tned
01-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Additionally:

RT @johnelway: Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

MacGruder
Brandon Lloyd put it much better than Elway did.. lloyd is more cerebral than Elway.. Tebow too.. that's pretty scary when you think about it.

Lloyd said Tebow just needed to learn the technicalities of the position.. that is putting it much better than Elway did..

Denver Native (Carol)
From John's Friday show with Vic/Gary:

On Denver Broncos Rookie QB Tim Tebow

"The advantage is his attitude and work ethic. He wants to be the best that he can possibly be. He's not going to cut any corners to try to the be the best he can be. He didn't come out of a pro-oriented type offense. He came out of the option, the shot gun, foot work wise and technique wise that I've been able to see from the past three games, that's gotta improve. When you can improve his mechanics you can improve his accuracy. We have high expectations of Tim. The coach that comes in has got to be able to work with him as far as technique and accuracy. He's still young. He's a good football player because he wants to win, he’s a competitor. He has those intangibles that you can't coach, but the next guy that comes in as far the offense goes, they’ve got to be able to make him a good quarterback. Tim didn’t get a lot of reps during the season, Kyle was the one they gave all the reps to. I admired him for the way he played, but you have to understand that he’s still a rookie that has a long way to go. What we saw was his maturity and that he would compete in all circumstances, which is a great quality to have because you can’t coach it."

http://www.877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=59

TXBRONC
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
From John's Friday show with Vic/Gary:

http://www.877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=59

Which in short is same thing as saying Tebow is not a good quarterback right now. That's a 180 degrees different than saying he doesn't like him.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Elway tweets on Tebow
Quote:
johnelway John Elway
To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can.

Quote:
johnelway John Elway
Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco.

Quote:
johnelway John Elway
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.

I think this settles it for sure.

Dzone
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok, I think Elway did a good job of calming down the faithful and the fanatics. I guess the "Lets lynch Elway!" party was premature...at least for now...lol...Better be careful buster, youre skating on thin eggs

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok, I think Elway did a good job of calming down the faithful and the fanatics. I guess the "Lets lynch Elway!" party was premature...at least for now...lol...Better be careful buster, youre skating on thin eggs

Elway skating on thin eggs - NOT HARDLY

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
He's driving up the price of Orton! I don't see how this is a bad thing as long INTERNALLY things are going fine.

Hope you're right!!!!!! :beer:

Dzone
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
wow this is kind dissapointing....

come on Elway you saw what we saw those last three games....

Tebow can be the guy....if he would have said that Tebow was raw than ok but by even saying he's not a good qb sent shockwaves to all broncos fans....

learn from this Elway, don't ever talk bad about your players to the media, it never ends good..
this. agreed. If he said it, then he needs to learn to shut up..He talks about Tebow being a work in progress, well, Elway is a work in progress in his new job, too..

Lancane
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Elway would be crucified if he tried to trade Tebow.

John Elway will not be crucified if he traded Tebow, that is an utterly false statement. There would be a large fan reaction, some questioning while others relieved and a fair number would be upset. Tebow hasn’t earned anything, there are no guarantees in this business and we saw that with Cutler, and Tebow has not accomplished half of what Jay did here in Denver.

Does that mean that he is set to be a failure? No, but John has been talking with Ernie Accorsi who is one of the legendary General Managers in the NFL and other executives, he’s reaching out to those who know more about football then any fan does. Do I believe that Elway said that to Peter King? No, I don’t…but it is preposterous to state that John would be crucified for something that some people suspect could happen already. Tebow is a project quarterback, he could take years to develop unless he’s in a system that is schemed around him, and that might not be something Denver as an organization is willing to do, even to wait to develop him.

The Broncos want to win and rather quickly because of where the state of the fandom is at this time…and none of us should be surprised, even if it takes two years to rebuild this team, they’re going to want to show signs of improvement long before then. Now don’t get me wrong that I am advocating a trade, but I can see how it could come about. Would I be upset? No, I respect Tim and love what he brings to the table, but I would trade him for a more polished NFL ready quarterback in a heartbeat because winning is the name of the game. If this would have been 1996 and we just drafted him, then no…he could sit behind a great quarterback in John and learn for three years or so before taking the helm. Right now fans want him to take the helm and he quite literally may not be ready, that won’t help him…it could hinder him.

I understand both sides of the spectrum, but at the end of the day the bottom line is business. If you owned a company and you’re beloved son-in-law worked for you but he was no good, and to literally get him trained to a point where he was productive would take so much time and till then it could cost you money do you still take that route because you care for him and because he’s family, or do you make the hard choice and go a different route. I know that it’s a hard choice…but I think you’d be surprised by the number of people who would choose the second option.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Take a deep breath everyone

Its all cleared up now. This is more on King than Elway.

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I think if anyone here is RAW at their position, it's Elway. He's done a poor job of handling this coaching hire thus far and there was NO NEED to say anything to Peter King (of all people) that would cast doubt to his intentions of keeping Tebow this year.

Poorly handled by both parties but King would have nothing to post if Elway didn't give him something to post.

Tned
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I think if anyone here is RAW at their position, it's Elway. He's done a poor job of handling this coaching hire thus far and there was NO NEED to say anything to Peter King (of all people) that would cast doubt to his intentions of keeping Tebow this year.

Poorly handled by both parties but King would have nothing to post if Elway didn't give him something to post.

Did he say anything to King? Based on the quotes I read from King, they were identical to what Elway said in his press conference where he also said this:

RT @MaxBroncos: Elway, 1/5: "I don’t believe any (potential HC will) say, ‘I don’t want Tim Tebow.’ If they do, maybe they're not the right guy for the job”

Clipworthy
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
John Elway
Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
this. agreed. If he said it, then he needs to learn to shut up..He talks about Tebow being a work in progress, well, Elway is a work in progress in his new job, too..

If John said WHAT - looks like we are right back to square 1 here:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM

How does ANYONE know if Elway EVEN TALKED TO KING?????

AGAIN - here is King on twitter:

What I said was if McD gets a job with a QB-needy team, he could urge them to deal for Tebow. That is all.

NOW, where does this latest from King indicate that HE TALKED TO ELWAY - :confused:

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
How does ANYONE know if Elway EVEN TALKED TO KING?????

AGAIN - here is King on twitter:

What I said was if McD gets a job with a QB-needy team, he could urge them to deal for Tebow. That is all.

NOW, where does this latest from King indicate that HE TALKED TO ELWAY - :confused:

“I don’t think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time,” Elway told Peter King of NBC and Sports Illustrated.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
“I don’t think Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback at this time,” Elway told Peter King of NBC and Sports Illustrated.

So, you totally believe that not only did John speak with King, but he also told him certain things in regards to Tebow

TO EACH HIS OWN

topscribe
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Yea, just saw that but it goes against everything Elway said in the presser. I think King might be exaggerating how John feels about Tebow. While John feels Tebow needs some work at no time did he say he was terrible or imply it as such. Also, considering John implied that the next coach would be using Tebow kind of goes against King's statements. But anything is possible and if Minny is willing to give up the farm for Tim Denver might pull the trigger, if that is accurate by King.

Not really. Elway said glowing things about Tebow as a person and added
that Tebow is a good "football player." But he went on to say that Tebow has
a lot of work to do to become a good quarterback. So if Tebow needs yet to
become a good quarterback, that can imply only that he is not yet a good QB.

-----

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
So, you totally believe that not only did John speak with King, but he also told him certain things in regards to Tebow

TO EACH HIS OWN

Wouldn't King be guilty of slander if this conversation never took place?

Northman
01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Not really. Elway said glowing things about Tebow as a person and added
that Tebow is a good "football player." But he went on to say that Tebow has
a lot of work to do to become a good quarterback. So if Tebow needs yet to
become a good quarterback, that can imply only that he is not yet a good QB.

-----

Which is exactly what i was getting at. :confused:

Lancane
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't King be guilty of slander if this conversation never took place?

No, he could have misrepresented it some, but as long as a conversation took place and it was similar enough to what he said then it's not even close. Slander is more like if I said that you licked male stripper butts, and had no proof, then it's slander because then I have caused defamation of your character. This is totally different, and he really can not get into trouble as long as the basis for much of what he said had been said in some form, no matter what he took it as.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
John Elway will not be crucified if he traded Tebow, that is an utterly false statement. There would be a large fan reaction, some questioning while others relieved and a fair number would be upset. Tebow hasn’t earned anything, there are no guarantees in this business and we saw that with Cutler, and Tebow has not accomplished half of what Jay did here in Denver.

Does that mean that he is set to be a failure? No, but John has been talking with Ernie Accorsi who is one of the legendary General Managers in the NFL and other executives, he’s reaching out to those who know more about football then any fan does. Do I believe that Elway said that to Peter King? No, I don’t…but it is preposterous to state that John would be crucified for something that some people suspect could happen already. Tebow is a project quarterback, he could take years to develop unless he’s in a system that is schemed around him, and that might not be something Denver as an organization is willing to do, even to wait to develop him.

The Broncos want to win and rather quickly because of where the state of the fandom is at this time…and none of us should be surprised, even if it takes two years to rebuild this team, they’re going to want to show signs of improvement long before then. Now don’t get me wrong that I am advocating a trade, but I can see how it could come about. Would I be upset? No, I respect Tim and love what he brings to the table, but I would trade him for a more polished NFL ready quarterback in a heartbeat because winning is the name of the game. If this would have been 1996 and we just drafted him, then no…he could sit behind a great quarterback in John and learn for three years or so before taking the helm. Right now fans want him to take the helm and he quite literally may not be ready, that won’t help him…it could hinder him.

I understand both sides of the spectrum, but at the end of the day the bottom line is business. If you owned a company and you’re beloved son-in-law worked for you but he was no good, and to literally get him trained to a point where he was productive would take so much time and till then it could cost you money do you still take that route because you care for him and because he’s family, or do you make the hard choice and go a different route. I know that it’s a hard choice…but I think you’d be surprised by the number of people who would choose the second option.

Yet.. many of us disagree that it will take 2 or 3 years to win with Tebow at the helm.

I believe your whole discussion is based on that faulty premise.

Good coach... great draft on the defensive side... a stud TE...
Give the kid one season...

That is all any of us who support him want.

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
No, he could have misrepresented it some, but as long as a conversation took place and it was similar enough to what he said then it's not even close. Slander is more like if I said that you licked male stripper butts, and had no proof, then it's slander because then I have caused defamation of your character. This is totally different, and he really can not get into trouble as long as the basis for much of what he said had been said in some form, no matter what he took it as.

That was my point, the conversation DID take place.

scott.475
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I think most of you have never had the misfortune of dealing with or talking to a reporter, then seeing how they can TOTALLY and UNAPOLOGETICALLY twist your words, print them out of context, or even change the order of your statements in order to serve their purpose. This particular case could easily have happened like this:

"Tebow is raw and needs work"------>(biased sportswriter filter)------>"Elway told me Tebow is not a good QB, making him a likely trade candidate"

Now, is it possible Elway said Tebow is not a good NFL level QB right now? Yes, it is possible, and you know what? He would be right! Don't get me wrong folks, I really, really like Tim and am pleased as punch he is here, but he IS a rookie who has lost twice as much as he has won in the NFL. Lets not let our love of his passion, dedication and discipline blind us to the fact he is still a rookie who has a lot to learn. He is not a polished NFL QB, yet

Also, is King attributing this as a direct quote from Elway? Keep in mind, unless he has said something like "Elway told me, and I quote, 'Tebow is not a good QB'", then King could be extrapolating the thought of Tebow not being a good QB from a far less inflammatory statement.

If King has really reached on this one, I hope he gets burned pretty good. Reporters hate to loose sources and access to decision makers, this could be enough to make the organization or John say "No more one-on-one interviews with you King", that could hurt.

honz
01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Screw John! This is Tebow's town.

Lancane
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Yet.. many of us disagree that it will take 2 or 3 years to win with Tebow at the helm.

I believe your whole discussion is based on that faulty premise.

Good coach... great draft on the defensive side... a stud TE...
Give the kid one season...

That is all any of us who support him want.

Dave, this is going to sound rude, but I am not meaning for it to be. But are you a football coach at any level? An NFL scout? A sports agent? Or even an athletic trainer? Do you have a job that encompasses a base fundamental insight that gives weight to your opinion?

I understand a fan's perception, but that's all it is. It doesn't matter if you played the sport, but whether you have ever been in a position where you had to judge an athlete harshly and in a way that could effect his future, or how he played. That's the difference, because the people in the NFL at many levels have to do this on a daily basis. It's not easy, far from it...a coach will tell you that cutting kids from the roster is the hardest thing, deciding who the starters and backups will be is just as hard at times. Fans don't understand how harsh the business is on the people who have to make choices.

And sorry to say, but I trust the people who have done this better then I do my fellow fans, because it's what they do. If it was just a few saying this or that, well we could look beyond it. But when the majority of people are stating that he's not ready, or that he's a tremendously good athlete but not a good quarterback yet, then that means he's a project. Some fans realize the truth of it, that there is a difference. I like the kid, but he is not the Broncos, isn't that what many of you said when we traded Cutler? That's it's a business and that no one player is the team?

Does that mean I want to see Tebow traded? No, I think he needs time and could be a solid quarterback with good coaching. But it doesn't matter what I believe, it matters if the Broncos are willing to divulge that time and effort or not.

topscribe
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Screw John! This is Tebow's town.

At least, a lot of groupies think so.

I can tell you what John has accomplished in this town.

What has Tebow accomplished?

-----

Juriga72
01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
At least, a lot of groupies think so.

I can tell you what John has accomplished in this town.

What has Tebow accomplished?

-----

well..... we seemed to play better with him as Qb against AFC West teams....

MacGruder
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I worry that Elway views the game as it was rather than as it is currently.. I think Elway was perfect for his era and Tebow is perfect for this era. Will Elway have the vision to see that or is he too concerned with getting a QB like him from his day?

topscribe
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
well..... we seemed to play better with him as Qb against AFC West teams....

Better than Elway? That is the discussion. Whom else were you thinking of?

-----

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Better than Elway? That is the discussion. Whom else were you thinking of?

-----

He is saying we played better against the AFC West with Elway at QB than since...

Calm down, heel! You don't have to go out of your way to defend Orton in this thread. He wasn't referring to Kyle "I get my ass kicked by the AFC West" Orton.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Dave, this is going to sound rude, but I am not meaning for it to be. But are you a football coach at any level? An NFL scout? A sports agent? Or even an athletic trainer? Do you have a job that encompasses a base fundamental insight that gives weight to your opinion?

I understand a fan's perception, but that's all it is. It doesn't matter if you played the sport, but whether you have ever been in a position where you had to judge an athlete harshly and in a way that could effect his future, or how he played. That's the difference, because the people in the NFL at many levels have to do this on a daily basis. It's not easy, far from it...a coach will tell you that cutting kids from the roster is the hardest thing, deciding who the starters and backups will be is just as hard at times. Fans don't understand how harsh the business is on the people who have to make choices.

And sorry to say, but I trust the people who have done this better then I do my fellow fans, because it's what they do. If it was just a few saying this or that, well we could look beyond it. But when the majority of people are stating that he's not ready, or that he's a tremendously good athlete but not a good quarterback yet, then that means he's a project. Some fans realize the truth of it, that there is a difference. I like the kid, but he is not the Broncos, isn't that what many of you said when we traded Cutler? That's it's a business and that no one player is the team?

Does that mean I want to see Tebow traded? No, I think he needs time and could be a solid quarterback with good coaching. But it doesn't matter what I believe, it matters if the Broncos are willing to divulge that time and effort or not.

No offense taken.
I understand your point...
my point... the point of many fans who think this way...
is give the kid a full season...
and then assess where he is at.

That's all. Just let's see.

Many of the "experts" that predict Tebow will never be a decent QB...
also predicted Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf would be Elite.

I dont have credentials... but I do have eyes.
Tebow has what it takes, in my humble estimation.

He has proved the "experts" wrong his whole life.
The only thing he has never done.. is failed.
The kid has never failed.

I just want to give him a chance.
We drafted him. We trained him for a year.
We played him in 3 games. Dont stop now.
We are so close to finding ut what he's got.

Just give the kid a camp and game plan designed around his skill set..
a decent defense on the other side of the ball... and new TE for christmas.

That aint too much to ask.

Use all the draft picks on Defense. Build a team.

Tim's got our back in 2011.

I am a long time Broncos fan.
Believe me... if Tebow gets a shot and only wins 3 games..
I'll admit he aint the guy and I will call for him to move on.
I am into accepting reality.

Lancane
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
No offense taken.
I understand your point...
my point... the point of many fans who think this way...
is give the kid a full season...
and then assess where he is at.

That's all. Just let's see.

Many of the "experts" that predict Tebow will never be a decent QB...
also predicted Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf would be Elite.

I dont have credentials... but I do have eyes.
Tebow has what it takes, in my humble estimation.

He has proved the "experts" wrong his whole life.
The only thing he has never done.. is failed.
The kid has never failed.

I just want to give him a chance.
We drafted him. We trained him for a year.
We played him in 3 games. Dont stop now.
We are so close to finding ut what he's got.

Just give the kid a camp and game plan designed around his skill set..
a decent defense on the other side of the ball... and new TE for christmas.

That aint too much to ask.

Use all the draft picks on Defense. Build a team.

Tim's got our back in 2011.

And I happen to agree with you Dave, I do. But I think he needs more then a good defense and a solid tight end. He needs a coach that won't be afraid to coach him or so chicken-shit that he schemes around him, but actually focuses on coaching him to be a pro-style quarterback and to really improve where he needs to.

IMHO, the Broncos need to clean house... And a lot of fans will not agree with what I'm about to say, but what we need is a good old fashion purge...if they have value and are not great contributors for the future, then trade em', depending on the systems we'll instill, especially while there is some return value for them.

topscribe
01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
He is saying we played better against the AFC West with Elway at QB than since...

Calm down, heel! You don't have to go out of your way to defend Orton in this thread. He wasn't referring to Kyle "I get my ass kicked by the AFC West" Orton.

I believe he (and now you) would bring up Orton in a discussion about what color to paint John's office! :pound:

And when you refer to me, Top or topscribe will do fine . . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I believe he (and now you) would bring up Orton in a discussion about what color to paint John's office! :pound:

And when you refer to me, Top or topscribe will do fine . . .

-----

Haha that's not exactly true, though it is possible. :listen:

Agent of Orange
01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Peter King sucks. Having said that, they better not trade Tebow.

claymore
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Hopefully we can get a 2nd out of Tebow.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Hopefully we can get a 2nd out of Tebow.

I wont bite...:D

WARHORSE
01-08-2011, 11:41 PM

If he knows whats good for him?

Tebow may have alot of fans.........but not more than Elway here in Denver.

This is all aflutter about nothin. Elway is not trading Tebow and King is clarifying.

Tebow is NOT an NFL caliber franchise QB at this point. He has a LOT of work to do. Who doubts him? Not me. Not Elway. Not anyone in Orange and Blue imo.

But that doesnt mean he should be declared the saviour here just cause he made some plays in a few games.

Everyone can see. Everyone watched. The playmaking is there. The passing accuracy is not. The drop back passer is not. The footwork is not.

But my money is on Tim............and I bet Johns is also.

Agent of Orange
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
If he knows whats good for him?

Tebow may have alot of fans.........but not more than Elway here in Denver.

This is all aflutter about nothin. Elway is not trading Tebow and King is clarifying.

Tebow is NOT an NFL caliber franchise QB at this point. He has a LOT of work to do. Who doubts him? Not me. Not Elway. Not anyone in Orange and Blue imo.

But that doesnt mean he should be declared the saviour here just cause he made some plays in a few games.

Everyone can see. Everyone watched. The playmaking is there. The passing accuracy is not. The drop back passer is not. The footwork is not.

But my money is on Tim............and I bet Johns is also.

It's pretty cool how Elway has taken three days to cause factions in the fanbase because he's not very adept at talking to the media.

What's kind of sad is that when it comes to talking to the media, Tebow looks like the veteran and Elway is the one who is looking like the rookie right about now.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 12:03 AM
It's pretty cool how Elway has taken three days to cause factions in the fanbase because he's not very adept at talking to the media.

What's kind of sad is that when it comes to talking to the media, Tebow looks like the veteran and Elway is the one who is looking like the rookie right about now.

I don't think a lot of people share your point of view . . .

-----

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't think a lot of people share your point of view . . .

-----

Ha. I don't really care. Deal with it.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 12:11 AM

16 post and you've already managed to stir up some of the best posters on here.

i think that even beats jagsbch. could be a record. :welcome:

Cugel
01-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Yup! John Elway better watch out because the legions of idiots who worship Tim Tebow will hate him if he trades Tebow! Elway's name will be MUD in Colorado, because Tebow is a MUCH bigger star than Elway can ever dream of being!

Oh, wait! :coffee:

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 12:15 AM
16 post and you've already managed to stir up some of the best posters on here.

i think that even beats jagsbch. could be a record. :welcome:

They haven't impressed me yet.

Besides that, people are aligning themselves in almost every thread I access. There's not much to argue.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 12:17 AM
They haven't impressed me yet.

wow, can i get your autograph?

Agent of Orange

You should wait to ask.

BeefStew25

Hey! Show the man some respect!

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey! Show the man some respect!

beef, i'm kinda a big deal around here.

i'm an assistant to the mods.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
You should wait to ask.

ok like when?

when your post count cracks 100?

BeefStew25
beef, i'm kinda a big deal around here.

i'm an assistant to the mods.

Don't throw around Ass Mods. Just don't.

topscribe

Wow, you're just an all-around nice guy, aren't you? :rolleyes:

-----

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM

i've never thrown around any mods asses.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM

Hey! Leave the Ass Mods alone!

Or you will have to deal with the Jackass Mod!

Me :D

-----

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Hey! Leave the Ass Mods alone!

Or you will have to deal with the Jackass Mod!

Me :D

-----

Top I hope your new year is well. You are my great grand brother.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Top I hope your new year is well. You are my great grand brother.

Well, you're pretty great and grand yourself . . . :D

-----

Cugel
01-09-2011, 12:34 AM

King just invented a bunch of stuff and took Elway's simple and obvious quotes completely out of context!

And sportswriters are STILL trying to stir things up:

Frankly, Elway didn’t do much clarifying in those remarks. Instead, he did a lot of ignoring. He said what he said to King, and the fair inference is that Tebow would potentially be in play to be moved, especially if the guy who drafted him in 2010 can persuade his next team to make a play for Tebow.

And we wouldn’t expect Elway to do anything other than say that the Broncos don’t plan to trade Tebow. Either he’s telling the truth, or he’s trying to obscure the truth in order to build leverage for an eventual deal.

In short this is total B.S.! It is NOT a "fair inference" that "Tebow would potentially be in play" -- at least from Elway's remarks. And the added stuff about McDaniels "convincing" his new team to trade for Tebow is even wilder speculation.

First of all, McDaniels is NOT going to be in any position to recommend personnel changes to a new team -- always assuming he gets hired right away which hasn't happened yet. So that part is just wild speculation based on nothing.

Tim has crappy mechanics. He's a very RAW QB because of the style of offense he played in Florida. Elway pointed out that he got very few reps during the season because Orton got most of them.

So, he's even MORE raw and unready to be a starting QB in the NFL than the average rookie. In fact at the end of his rookie season, Elway is saying that he's STILL a rookie!

Well, so what? Does that mean they are going to try and trade him? No. Of course not. At least not unless there's a better option out there.

But, where is that better option? They could trade Tebow, but he would NOT draw a #1 pick, so what's the advantage?

If Luck were available, then I could see it -- and let the Tebow fanatics howl! But, he's not. And the remaining choices: Mallett, Cam Newton, Locker, are not all mortal locks to be any better QBs than Tebow. In fact all of them have issues. Mallett's stock is dropping, Newton is questionable, so is Locker. Etc. Unless Denver falls in love with one of them, then a deal for Tebow is simply off the table.

Tebow right now is probably about as good a prospect as any of those guys. Any of them might wind up being a better QB in 4 or 5 years, but then they might not --- (See Matt Leinart as Exhibit "A").

You'd be taking a risk either way, and giving up your chance to draft DEFENSE with your #1 draft pick -- which is desperately needed.

Overall, it just makes no sense, so Elway is NOT going to do it! So, all you Tebow-fanatics can cool your jets. Tebow is not going anywhere -- at least not this year. If at the end of the 2011 season he hasn't shown a LOT of improvement THEN you can officially start worrying. :coffee:

sneakers
01-09-2011, 12:45 AM
This is stupid people, give it up.

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey Beef, I might go with Tebow to San Fran.

But only if you go, too . . .

-----

I want to watch a game with you in person. In will find you a Braille game program.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I want to watch a game with you in person. In will find you a Braille game program.

You got me wrong, Beef. I can see in the dark . . .

-----

GEM
01-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Thread cleaned up. Enough with the personal shit. Get it back on topic, thanks.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Wasn't it something about what Peter King said?

Oh yes, Tebow was supposed to go to San Fran, according to Elway. But
Elway didn't say it, only it was Minnesota anyway. So the trade that never
was, was to Minnesota, only people still think it was San Fran. But Harbaugh
went to work in San Fran, but I don't know what that has to do with it. And
I think I'm going out of my mind . . .

-----

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM
You got me wrong, Beef. I can see in the dark . . .

-----

Let's meat.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Let's meat.

You keep spelling "meet" "meat." I don't know whether that is just misspelling or if you mean it.

But I'm going to have to know about that first . . .

-----

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM
You keep spelling "meet" "meat." I don't know whether that is just misspelling or if you mean it.

-----

I want to sit with you in 525 and talk about Red Miller.

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 01:10 AM

-----

I think he wants to touch penises with you. How do you feel about that? He's not Kyle Orton but that doesnt mean it can't be special.

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
I think he wants to touch penises with you.

I have been fairly upfront about that.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:18 AM
I think he wants to touch penises with you. How do you feel about that? He's not Kyle Orton but that doesnt mean it can't be special.

Now, would that be

* Flaming
* Baiting
* Trolling
* Disregarding a mod's directive
* All of the Above

What do you think?

-----

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Now, would that be

* Flaming
* Baiting
* Trolling
* Disregarding a mod's directive
* All of the Above

What do you think?

-----

I think all of the above is what youre doing. I went along with the levity.

BTW, how would you know what a mods directive was? Do you have them wrapped around your finger?

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I think all of the above is what youre doing. I went along with the levity.

BTW, how would you know what a mods directive was? Do you have them wrapped around your finger?

I was the first mod on this board. Helped to create the COC.
(EDIT: Oops, second to Carol -- she beat me by about two hours.)

Still am the jackass mod. Problem is, jackass mods don't have any power. . .

But you might check out Post #112. You will see an example of a mod's directive.

Anyway, I think this thread is done. Going elsewhere now . . .

-----

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 01:29 AM
I was the first mod on this board. Helped to create the COC.

Still am the jackass mod. Problem is, jackass mods don't have any power. . .

But you might check out Post #112. You will see an example of a mod's directive.

Anyway, I think this thread is done. Going elsewhere now . . .

-----

I was responding to post 115, which comes after 112. You asked the meat/meet question.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
I was responding to post 115, which comes after 112. You asked the meat/meet question.

That's private between Beaf and me . . .

-----

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM

-----

Thank you for respecting me.

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM

-----

Its a message board. The comments were made in open view. You should have been private messaging if you're going to try to make that note from the doctor work.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Its a message board. The comments were made in open view. You should have been private messaging if you're going to try to make that note from the doctor work.

Went right over your head, didn't it? :D

Have a good night . . .

-----

Agent of Orange
01-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Went right over your head, didn't it? :D

Have a good night . . .

-----

Beef= meat...is that what youre talking about? Before you go acting all full of yourself, lets just remember that I have the Orton card, and Im willing to play it.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Thank you for respecting me.

Always, lil' brother. Always.

Going to bed now. Alone.

-----

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Beef= meat...is that what youre talking about? Before you go acting all full of yourself, lets just remember that I have the Orton card, and Im willing to play it.

Knock yourself out. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/Wink.gif

Really gotta go now. Night.

-----

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 02:08 AM
so how about that tebow to sf trade that includes mcd as a coach?

Dzone
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM

No doubt. Elway needs to watch Tebow to see how to handle the media.

sneakers
01-10-2011, 08:52 AM

This is so great! This arguement with Top the last 2 or 3 pages...LOLarious.

(and for the record, touchin' penises together isn't gay until the balls clack)

Dzone
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
"I do NOT plan to trade Jay Cutler"~Josh Mcdaniels

EastCoastBronco
01-10-2011, 10:03 AM
The fact that trading Tebow is even a damn RUMOUR has me really pissed.
There are a lot of things that this team needs and finally, since we have witnessed how Tebow energizes his teammates, a LEADER is not one of them.
Elway of all goddam people shouild realize the extreme value this kid has as a LEADER.
Other than RB, there is nothing wrong with the offence. Nothing.
We need to build the defence from the ground up.
Piece by piece.
Elway...If any part of these rumors are true, give your head a shake.
C'mon man...

TXBRONC
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
"I do NOT plan to trade Jay Cutler"~Josh Mcdaniels

That's not fair Dzone. John Elway has NEVER shown be anything like McDaniels.

Dzone
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Elway may not fully grasp the full extent of Tebowmania. Elway would be reviled if he got rid of Tebow. Thats just a fact.

camdisco24
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM

True that. No signs that Elway is a flat out liar like our ex-leprechaun coach.

Dzone
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Not in any way comparing Elway to Mcdaniels, just saying that it is the nature of NFL teams to do the opposite of what they say they are going to do

TXBRONC
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
True that. No signs that Elway is a flat out liar like our ex-leprechaun coach.

But on the other hand there are plenty of signs of people overreacting. ;)

Dzone
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
But on the other hand there are plenty of signs of people overreacting. ;)
Fans voicing opinions, however varied, does not constitute "overreacting"

TXBRONC
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Fans voicing opinions, however varied, does not constitute "overreacting"

Some of posts I've seen constitutes overreacting.