PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 teams still need a new Head Coach

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 10:08 PM
The Broncos
The Browns
The Panthers

I guess there really is no big huge hurry.
Maybe the best guy for the Broncos is on a playoff bound team.

Maybe it is an Assistant Head Coach for the Saints... like Joe Vitt.
Or Mularkey with the Falcons.
Maybe it is someone on the staff of the Bears.

We can't talk to any of these guys until they are done in the playoffs.

I guess the broncos will just interview the heck out of the guys whose teams are done...
then later finalize with the guys who are in the playoffs.

Maybe it is gonna be quite a while before we find out who
Elway/Xanders/Bowlen think is the best fit for this team.

I think it may be quite a while until we hire a Head Coach...

It really is about finding the RIGHT GUY...
who will bring the best out in Tebow and the rest of the team.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope they take all the time they need, and interview as many as they want before making the decision.

BroncoStud
01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
To me, the concern is who the Broncos seem NOT to be interested in...

BroncoBJ
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Joe Vitt. :lol: I remember that guy when he was the interim for the Rams. I actually liked that guy. His press conferences were pretty funny I think.

But yea, Patience is a virtue. :salute:

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Patience helps, but lets not drag it too far.

Im most concerned with a strong coaching staff (mostly just defensive coordinator).. and If Denver waits 2-3 weeks before coming to a decision Im sure most of all the proven ones will be picked up.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Even if the Browns and Panthers take the top two prospects out of 20....

that leaves 18 solid choices to pick from.

Sorry, but for every poster here who loves Gruden... another hates him.

Support Fewell? Somebody hates that pick.

Dennison, Rivera, Cowher, etc.

There is TIME to make the right move.

It is becoming very clear that this will be a deliberate process...
not one that will just make fans happy this weekend.

It is like when you want to buy a new car.
You have everyone in the family wanting this or that.
Junior gets dissapointed 'cause on the first day looking,
that guy over there overpaid for a shiny Mustang.
Junior covets the mustang.
Dad sees the guy paid too much.

In the end... Dad thinks long and hard...
shops the deals...
and picks the vehicle that best suits the needs of the family.

Not a sports car...
not a convertable...
not a Hummer...

just the vehicle that fits the needs of the family best.
A vehicle they can count on for a long time.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Tomlin wasnt the exciting hire in Pittsburgh, Either was Belichick in New England, Mike Smith with Atlanta, and Mike McCarthy in Green Bay.

the "right choice" might not be the most exciting choice.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't care who the HC will be - JUST AS LONG AS HE IS A GREAT COACH FOR THE BRONCOS

BroncoBJ
01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't care who the HC will be - JUST AS LONG AS HE IS A GREAT COACH FOR THE BRONCOS

Damn, you have high standards. You won't even settle for a good coach for the Broncos? :fight:

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
They better interveiw alot, because the names that are being thrown around is a very, very unimpressive list.

WARHORSE
01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Dick LeBeau is the man.

Northman
01-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Sorry, but for every poster here who loves Gruden... another hates him.

Support Fewell? Somebody hates that pick.

Couldnt of said it better myself. I love Gruden but my world wont be crushed if we dont get him. Fact is, whoever we sign i will give a fair amount of support until they prove they are the man for the job. Even after the 6-0 start i gave Mcd a chance to prove me wrong and he failed epically. So whoever we get will get my support but there is always going to be some whiny bitches no matter who we sign.

sneakers
01-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Joe Vitt. :lol: I remember that guy when he was the interim for the Rams. I actually liked that guy. His press conferences were pretty funny I think.

But yea, Patience is a virtue. :salute:

I hear Rich Kotite is still available too!

Cugel
01-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Im most concerned with a strong coaching staff (mostly just defensive coordinator).. and If Denver waits 2-3 weeks before coming to a decision Im sure most of all the proven ones will be picked up. NO. The "proven ones" who get HC jobs will be taken but not all the DCs will be hired away from other teams.

However, you are right that the biggest need on this team is to hire a strong DC and let him mold the team. The alternative is to hire a defensive coach as HC and he'll run the defense.

The problem there is that such coaches can't coach OFFENSE very well, so their offenses tend to be predictable and conservative -- trying not to screw things up for the defense.

You'll notice that such teams (the Ravens under Billick come to mind) almost NEVER win championships. Despite having probably the best defense in football for years, the Ravens only won 1 championship. :coffee:

The NFL rules are tilted towards the OFFENSE and OFFENSIVE minded HCs and teams win most of the Super-Bowls. As the Saints, Steelers, Colts, and Patriots have proven in recent years and the Patriots seem likely to prove again this year.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Cugel, I agree with you. That's why I'm not getting too worked up about Elway looking at offense guys. That being said, I hope he is hardcore looking for a big name DC that can work on our horrid defense. I'd rather break the bank at DC than HC. All we need at HC is a guy that knows the X's and O's and can rally the troops. Let a DC and OC do their job properly!

Cugel
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Even after the 6-0 start i gave Mcd a chance to prove me wrong and he failed epically. So whoever we get will get my support but there is always going to be some whiny bitches no matter who we sign.

Well, I was a "whiny bitch" who hated McDaniels almost from day 1 and you know what? I was right and you were WRONG to give him the benefit of the doubt! It was obvious from early days that he was destined to destroy this team. :coffee:

A lot of people saw this entire train wreck coming as soon as he dealt Cutler -- not so much the FACT that he dealt him, although that was bad enough, but the WAY in which his monstrous EGO and other character defects made that move necessary.

Every other failure is almost directly attributable to McDaniels obvious personality problems. Hence, they were quite inevitable.

WARHORSE
01-08-2011, 12:52 AM
The Broncos
The Browns
The Panthers

I guess there really is no big huge hurry.
Maybe the best guy for the Broncos is on a playoff bound team.

Maybe it is an Assistant Head Coach for the Saints... like Joe Vitt.
Or Mularkey with the Falcons.
Maybe it is someone on the staff of the Bears.

We can't talk to any of these guys until they are done in the playoffs.

I guess the broncos will just interview the heck out of the guys whose teams are done...
then later finalize with the guys who are in the playoffs.

Maybe it is gonna be quite a while before we find out who
Elway/Xanders/Bowlen think is the best fit for this team.

I think it may be quite a while until we hire a Head Coach...

It really is about finding the RIGHT GUY...
who will bring the best out in Tebow and the rest of the team.

Yeah, those three teams, and then the mob in Oaklend.

:coffee:

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Yeah, those three teams, and then the mob in Oaklend.

:coffee:

I think Oakland will hire Hue Jackson from within...

If not... then they make 4.

Everything I have heard say they hire Hue.