PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Chargers Injury Report

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I received this via email from Mania:

INJURY REPORT
San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos -- Sept. 14, 2008

Denver Broncos
Out: RB Ryan Torain (Elbow); C Tom Nalen (Knee)
Doubtful: LB Louis Green (Hamstring);
Probable: LB Boss Bailey (Ankle); QB Jay Cutler (Knee); DE Elvis Dumervil (Finger); DE Ebenezer Ekuban (Back); WR Darrell Jackson (Ankle); S Marquand Manuel (Thumb);QB Patrick Ramsey (Right Elbow); Dewayne Robertson (Knee); WR Eddie Royal (Ankle); DT Marcus Thomas (Ankle)

San Diego Chargers
Injured Reserve: LB Shawne Merriman (Knee)
Out: C Nick Hardwick (Foot); T Marcus McNeill (Neck)
Questionable:RB LaDainian Tomlinson (Toe)
Probable: CB Antonio Cromartie (Hip); TE Antonio Gates (Hip); DT Jamel Williams (Knee)

Definition of Categories
Out = Definitely will not play
Doubtful = At least 75% chance will not play
Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
Probable = Virtual certainty will be available for normal duty

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I received this via email from Mania:

INJURY REPORT
San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos -- Sept. 14, 2008

Questionable:RB LaDainian Tomlinson (Toe)
Probable: CB Antonio Cromartie (Hip); TE Antonio Gates (Hip); DT Jamal Williams

I don't like that one bit.

omac
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't like that one bit.

Would you rather LT played through an injury and not run like himself, or would you rather go with the backups?

SarahKay
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :salute:

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Hmm, looks like their OLine is banged up. Time to see what our DLine can bring.

Tned
09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I was hoping Nalen would be ready to play.

Looks like we have a lot of nicked up players.

NightTrainLayne
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
What's up with Cutler's knee? I guess I've just missed it, but I didn't know he had any issues with it.

omac
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
What's up with Cutler's knee? I guess I've just missed it, but I didn't know he had any issues with it.

Maybe it was the hit by Asomasah(?).

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Maybe it was the hit by Asomasah(?).

He probably had a hell of a bruise after that hit. :tsk:

NorthernLights
09-13-2008, 09:06 AM
He probably had a hell of a bruise after that hit. :tsk:

He did come down hard. Do you think he saw little birdies or stars?

He showed his toughness by jumping right up. I hope he is okay for the game tomorrow. It is going to be fun to watch.

Sotally Tober
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Would you rather LT played through an injury and not run like himself, or would you rather go with the backups?

Yes I would. LT's playing tomorrow. He might not be able to make a few cuts he would have made but this is just a toe and it's not the same thing Gates had. His team mates expect him to play on it since I'm positive LT IS the gameplan.

claymore
09-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes I would. LT's playing tomorrow. He might not be able to make a few cuts he would have made but this is just a toe and it's not the same thing Gates had. His team mates expect him to play on it since I'm positive LT IS the gameplan.
How good and who is Marcus McNeill's back up? I dont want to rejoice in the fact that he is out, but he is a beast.

56crash
09-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Come on guys way back coachwas fined for some BS on hideing Elways injorie and now if it gets treatment of any kind by the medical staff it is listed a guy that has a bandaide put on gets listed

NorthernLights
09-13-2008, 02:46 PM
How good and who is Marcus McNeill's back up? I dont want to rejoice in the fact that he is out, but he is a beast.

LJ Shelton was signed in the off season as the backup. He's a bit long in the tooth, but did fairly well last week. McNeill will be out at least another week.

WARHORSE
09-13-2008, 03:23 PM
LJ Shelton was signed in the off season as the backup. He's a bit long in the tooth, but did fairly well last week. McNeill will be out at least another week.

Better keep the TE to his side.

Doom is gonna paste Rubbers.:coffee:

sanluis
09-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I knew about all the Charger injuries but I am surprised to see how many Denver players are nicked up.

Should be a great game anyway IMO.

Sotally Tober
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Better keep the TE to his side.

Doom is gonna paste Rubbers.:coffee:

Shelton is too old, fat, and slow to do anything in the run game. He can't get upfield to block and that is the only thing that hurts us with him. He basically took Peppers out of the game. The only sack Peppers got was on a repeated stunt that could never be picked up since it was fullback screen and RB flat. Neither could have picked any rusher up in a play like that. Shelton will do fine against Dumerville because Shelton is smart verteran lineman.

As for Ladainian...can anyone name the last time he was "questionable?"
A: The AFC Championship Game and we all know what happened then...

ApaOps5
09-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't believe a Shanny depth chart if a gun was held to my head. The only thing I look for is practice time. The ones who were limited or out are the only ones I pay attention to.

WARHORSE
09-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Shelton is too old, fat, and slow to do anything in the run game. He can't get upfield to block and that is the only thing that hurts us with him. He basically took Peppers out of the game. The only sack Peppers got was on a repeated stunt that could never be picked up since it was fullback screen and RB flat. Neither could have picked any rusher up in a play like that. Shelton will do fine against Dumerville because Shelton is smart verteran lineman.

As for Ladainian...can anyone name the last time he was "questionable?"
A: The AFC Championship Game and we all know what happened then...

Not likely. Peppers is overated (like Merriman) once they got the steroids out of his system. Since then, he hasnt done anything worth a spit, other than eat capspace in huge chunks.

Dooms will get him some meat tomorrow.

broncobryce
09-13-2008, 08:59 PM
It was the hit from the raiders corner (dont know how to spell his name). Shanahan said Cutler had to get treatment for it. He said Jay hates treatment.