PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh to San Fran Done

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
It's final per ESPN. 5 year deal with San Fran.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
It's final per ESPN. 5 year deal with San Fran.

Guess this makes sense from his standpoint - apparently he wanted to go to the NFL, and he/family are already located in the Bay area.

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Guess this makes sense from his standpoint - apparently he wanted to go to the NFL, and he/family are already located in the Bay area.

Elway was dead wrong on this one. He said on his show this morning that he thought Harbaugh was going to stay in college. He thought he was either going to stay at Stanford or go to Michigan.

Nick
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Broncos screwed up on this... Good job San Francisco.

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I guess we will see if Harbaugh is Jimmy Johnson or Steve Spurrier.

Dirk
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm glad that's over with. I wasn't sold on him anyway.

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 04:11 PM

I wasn't either, but the fact remains that our new front office was very interested in him and failed to even get him in for an interview. I hope Elway learns from this.

DenBronx
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Good for Harbaugh. I never thought we were a true player in getting him in the first place.

But....I feel a little let down in our coaching search. Looks like were are settling on 2nd and 3rd tier coaches.

Helllllllo Fassel.....:laugh:

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM

Disagree.

Every analyst predicted this from the get go.

How did the Broncos screw up by not being
the team that the guy lives next door to?

silkamilkamonico
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Disagree.

Like Ziggy said, the new front office faqiled to even get an interview with someone they were very interested in from the beginning, that is a fact.

I have an uneasy fealing about how all of this is going to play out, especially with what's coming out about opinions from the rest of the NFL about Pat Bowlen.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
WAIT!!!! Didn't he want to NOT disrespect the game by staying at Stanford??

I mean... Luck is going to be pissed when he hears this

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Disagree.

They failed by not even getting to sit down and talk with him, and assuming that he was going to stay in college. You can only win the race when you're in it. I don't care if Harbaugh was the right guy for the job or not. Elway said that they were interested in him, and failed miserably at even getting a foot in the door with him.

This is #1 on John's list of front office failures. Let's hope that in the long run this list is short and overshadowed by successes.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
WAIT!!!! Didn't he want to NOT disrespect the game by staying at Stanford??

I mean... Luck is going to be pissed when he hears this

Or relieved...

What if the fact that Harbaugh was going pro was why Luck stayed in School? Wouldn't be the first time a kid was relieved to be under a new coach. And I am not saying that is it, but look at the positivity of Bailey in regards to coaches. Maybe Harbaugh was too much of a hardass and some are more relieved by how this played out.

Just an idea.

Northman
01-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Same here. He did a nice job at Stanford but until he can prove it on the pro level he isnt a winner yet. I just hope we can find someone who has actually done something in the league.

dogfish
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I wasn't either, but the fact remains that our new front office was very interested in him and failed to even get him in for an interview. I hope Elway learns from this.

harbaugh wasn't my top choice, but i would have preferred him head and shoulders to rick dennison or jim fossil, one of whom we're apparently going to get stuck with. . .

it is disappointing that harbaugh was seemingly one of our top choices, and we weren't even able to get an interview. . .

Northman
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM

I dont think it was going to happen anyway even with a interview. I think Harbaugh had planned on being a Niner from the get go which is why Miami actually had to fly out to him instead of vice versa. I dont think Harbaugh had any intentions of being anywhere else.

PAINTERDAVE
Like Ziggy said, the new front office faqiled to even get an interview with someone they were very interested in from the beginning, that is a fact.

I have an uneasy fealing about how all of this is going to play out, especially with what's coming out about opinions from the rest of the NFL about Pat Bowlen.

Not sure what opinions are coming out... care to elaborate?

It just takes one guy.. the right guy...
and winning...
to change everything.

dogfish
I just hope we can find someone who has actually done something in the league.

jim fossil got to a super bowl. . . does that give you a warm, fuzzy feeling?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Disagree.

Exactly - it had nothing to do with money, or he would have grabbed the Miami job. He is going to the NFL, and will not have to uproot his family.

Northman
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Not really.

DenBronx
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
harbaugh wasn't my top choice, but i would have preferred him head and shoulders to rick dennison or jim fossil, one of whom we're apparently going to get stuck with. . .

it is disappointing that harbaugh was seemingly one of our top choices, and we weren't even able to get an interview. . .

are good coaches scared to interview here?

at this point i wouldnt mind brian billick over dennison or fassel.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Or relieved...

What if the fact that Harbaugh was going pro was why Luck stayed in School? Wouldn't be the first time a kid was relieved to be under a new coach. And I am not saying that is it, but look at the positivity of Bailey in regards to coaches. Maybe Harbaugh was too much of a hardass and some are more relieved by how this played out.

Just an idea.

LMAO @ San Fran for gettign rid of Mike S and replacing him with... a worse version....

Lancane
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Well then Rick Dennison should be top on your list, he's been to five, three as a player and two as a coach...

Just saying! ;)

And yes, Fassil does give me a warm fuzzy feeling, because I think he is a tremendously good coach. If you've got an upset stomach then I recommend some Pepto!

UrbanBounca
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM

He isn't a 7m/year caliber NFL coach yet, but he's proven himself at the college level.

I've give him a year or two, and make my decision then.

dogfish
01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Well then Rick Dennison should be top on your list, he's been to five, three as a player and two as a coach...

Just saying! ;)

we should get robert horry!

Northman
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
we should get robert horry!

He was a beast as a 6th man. No one better to me. He could put a dagger into any team.

T.K.O.
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
5 years 25 million and he does'nt have to move ? i'd take it:beer:

Ravage!!!
01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
The FO didn't screw anything. Harbaugh wanted to go to the 49ers. He passed up a LOT more money from Miami, so tht he could stay in San Fran. Our FO was smart enough not to waste time interviewing a coach that knew wasn't interested in coming to Denver. He wasn't interested in going anywhere, other than San Fran, or Stanford. Pretty cut-n-dry.

Ravage!!!
01-07-2011, 04:49 PM
are good coaches scared to interview here?

at this point i wouldnt mind brian billick over dennison or fassel.

Oh hell nO!!! We just got rid of the biggest ego in the NFL, lets not replace him with the second largest. Please.. god please... no Billick.

I'd take Dennison and Fassel much much quicker, and much more enthusiastic, than Billick.

DenBronx
01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh hell nO!!! We just got rid of the biggest ego in the NFL, lets not replace him with the second largest. Please.. god please... no Billick.

I'd take Dennison and Fassel much much quicker, and much more enthusiastic, than Billick.

billick the second largest ego in the nfl?

at least he's won a superbowl and never had a good qb.

Ravage!!!
01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
billick the second largest ego in the nfl?

at least he's won a superbowl and never had a good qb.

Hmm.. and only accomplished that by having the best defense we've seen in 25 years. How's our defense going to help him out? Fassel went to the same Super Bowl.. without that kind of defense, and with Kerry Collins. If you are going to give props for winning the super bowl in a year that is the epitomy of mediocrity, at least give credit where credit is due to Fassel.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I would ask San Diego about Rivera....

Man Chico has had TWO very good/great defenses... WHO thinks thats a co-winki-dink?

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Just imagine if Harbaugh didn't work out if he came here...
Thats a TON of wasted money on coaches.
Like I said earlier, I'd rather settle for a solid coach with NFL experience than drop a bunch of cash on a guy who has proved nothing in this league.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Man Chico has had TWO very good/great defenses... WHO thinks thats a co-winki-dink?

Rivera would be undoubtedly the fan favorite should he get an interview, I think that is fairly apparent.

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 05:07 PM

With one of those defenses being a base 4-3, and the other defense being a base 3-4. The man knows defense.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Of all the Ex-Bears coaching right now.... Rivera is the only one who has done ANYTHING at the NFL level.

Frazer is doing very nicely and has paid his dues. Minnesota while having a very good defense...was not really a good playoff team.

Suicide Mike- yeah.... taking a team that should at worst been 9-7 and making them lose to that crap....wow

Of course Brian Cabrel at Colorado ...lmao

tomjonesrocks
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Denver would have landed the interview 2 years ago...

Nomad
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Rivera would be undoubtedly the fan favorite should he get an interview, I think that is fairly apparent.

I was disappointed to hear Elway say this morning that Rivera was down the long list!!

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I was disappointed to hear Elway say this morning that Rivera was down the long list!!

Someone smack his used car selling arse....

I know... LETS get a Offensive guru in here... THAT has to work right?

Nomad
01-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Someone smack his used car selling arse....

I know... LETS get a Offensive guru in here... THAT has to work right?

Call me gullible, but 'In Elway We Trust'......right:confused::noidea:!! He is either clueless or knows who he wants!!

dogfish
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Call me gullible, but 'In Elway We Trust'......right:confused::noidea:!! He is either clueless or knows who he wants!!

it could well be both-- he knows he wants fossil or dennison. . . because he's clueless. . . .

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
it could well be both-- he knows he wants fossil or dennison. . . because he's clueless. . . .

Yeah..we need MORE coaching for the offense right now.............:confused:

Lancane
01-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Well, I think some are over reacting to this, fact is that offensive minded coaches tend to draft and sign better defensive players, and usually focus on the side of the ball they are not associated with. It's a fact...it really is, the problem is that we don't see it that way because we've had Shanahan and McDaniels who were of that odd percentage that went against the grain. It's possible that if that statistic holds true that a defensive minded head coach would focus on the offensive needs thinking he could work with who we have!

Lancane
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah..we need MORE coaching for the offense right now.............:confused:

And offense is our strength right now, don't some of you think that we need to solidify that as well as fix our defense?

It's all great and dandy, but when we have a better defense and a shit offense the same fans screaming about defense will start bitching that we've let the offense turn into shit.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
And offense is our strength right now, don't some of you think that we need to solidify that as well as fix our defense?

It's all great and dandy, but when we have a better defense and a shit offense the same fans screaming about defense will start bitching that we've let the offense turn into shit.

I would think that Tebow...JUST being average next year ( per 2nd year starter wise..) and improved defense (Average again) would put us right back into the hunt for dare I say......

Playoffs??? (Insert Jim Mora playoff rant)

BroncoStud
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
He isn't a 7m/year caliber NFL coach yet, but he's proven himself at the college level.

I've give him a year or two, and make my decision then.

By then he's going to be locked up by the 49ers. This was a good move on their part, he's solid. Our next coach is going to be a stooge - it seems.

Ron Rivera would be my next choice. Why aren't we even TRYING to land Gruden? Elway is starting to look very amateur in all this.

topscribe
01-07-2011, 07:16 PM

I don't believe the Broncos had a chance with Harbaugh from the beginning.

The issue was location, it would seem to me . . .

-----

Tebow666
01-08-2011, 02:19 PM

what opinions have come out from the rest of the NFL about Bowlen?

Northman
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Elway is starting to look very amateur in all this.

Seriously dude, some of you guys need to relax. Just because we didnt sign a big name coach at least give the man a chance to do something before criticizing his time here. Its absolutely moronic to be blasting the guy before we have a guy in place let alone to see that that guy can do. Harbaugh has proven squat at the pro level so take it easy already with the BS.

weazel
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
they failed?
not hiring a dude that wants 7 million a year is not failing, its a business decision

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Seriously dude, some of you guys need to relax. Just because we didnt sign a big name coach at least give the man a chance to do something before criticizing his time here. Its absolutely moronic to be blasting the guy before we have a guy in place let alone to see that that guy can do. Harbaugh has proven squat at the pro level so take it easy already with the BS.

We'll see... So far his list looks more like a list of "who NOT to hire" for most teams... Like I said, we'll see. I hope Elway surprises me.

BroncoStud
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
they failed?
not hiring a dude that wants 7 million a year is not failing, its a business decision

He got $5 million/year. Not exactly breaking the bank.