PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow can throw the dang ball....

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Tim Tebow highlights 2010-2011 season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2wdgA_yJeI

Go Broncos 2011! :elefant:

lgenf
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
so who was #12 on our team again?

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
12 Willis, Matthew WR 6-0 190 26 years old UCLA 3rd year

Placed on IR early.

Expected to be back and compete this season.

GEM
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I can't wait for Willis next year. That kid was exciting. :D

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
You're crossing into Jags territory with the amount of Tebow threads you've been posting lately.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
pretty nice from what I saw. when did we play the steelers though?

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
You're crossing into Jags territory with the amount of Tebow threads you've been posting lately.

Whatever...

I saw my first game at The Old Bears Stadium c 67-68 when Steve Tensi was the QB.

I was right behind the Houston Oilers bench, gigging Warren Moon and Chris Dishman,
when Elway engineered that incredible comeback drive to WIN that playoff game...

I sat in the old South stands in the snow many times... 'cause that is when regulars would give up tickets.

I was at Invesco when Shanahan called time out... Iced the Raiders kicker... and it won us the game.

I am Blue and Orange to the bone.

I am EXCITED about the Broncos 2011.. I LIKE that we have a GREAT prospect in Tebow.

After watching Kyle "Mopey" Orton for 2 seasons... I finaly have hope for my team again.

After months of putting up with all of the Orton apologists, the Luck Buckers,
and everybody claiming the new Coach will trade Tebow...

I just wanted to share this clip of some reasons why I am excited about the team and our Rookie QB.

Sorry if that offends anyone.

This Kid is exciting to watch. I think he is gonna help us WIN.

I want my Broncos to WIN again.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM
pretty nice from what I saw. when did we play the steelers though?

Pre-season

Northman
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Whatever...

I saw my first game at The Old Bears Stadium c 67-68 when Steve Tensi was the QB.

I was right behind the Houston Oilers bench, gigging Warren Moon and Chris Dishman,
when Elway engineered that incredible comeback drive to WIN that playoff game...

I am EXCITED about the Broncos 2011.. I LIKE that we have a GREAT prospect in Tebow.

After watching Kyle "Mopey" Orton for 2 seasons... I finaly have hope for my team again.

I just wanted to share this clip of some reasons why I am excited about the team and our Rookie QB.

I dont know if Tebow will ultimately be our guy but i like your enthusiasm and also feel a since of excitement to see what he can do for us.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Pre-season

whew. I was worried about myself for a second there.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM

That is because Painter Dave sees what we have been talking about all year about the kid.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
That is because Painter Dave sees what we have been talking about all year about the kid.

oh brother

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Whatever...

I sat in the old South stands in the snow many times... 'cause that is when regulars would give up tickets.

I was at Invesco when Shanahan called time out... Iced the Raiders kicker... and it won us the game.

I never questioned your fanhood. I just think your Tebow threads are annoying.

chazoe60
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
This might not really fit in this thread, sorry Dave, but I figured since this is a positive Tebow thread I'd go ahead and put it here.

I am rewatching the Charger game today, the last few drives anyway, and one play inparticular struck me. It was in our last scoring drive. Tebow took off running and got tackled by two Chargers and one of them, scumbag #90 decided to rough Tebow up under the guise of trying to strip the ball even though he was clearly down. This assclown ended up dragging Tebow backwards about 7 yards.

A couple of things stuck out to me.
1. Tim's teammates will absolutely beat the crap out of people to defend him. This is true of most QBs but I still love that attitude.

2. Tebow is absolutely unflappable emotionally. If that were me it would have been an instant throw down. But Tim understands the moment and knows he just has to get back to playing football.

3. His leadership skills are off the charts for a Rookie. The way he got the guys back to the huddle pulling them back. He understood the situation and was an absolute professional on that play.

I loved that one simple little play and I think it said a lot about this young man as a leader and as a player. Also, that POS #90 for the Chargers easily should have been penalized. There were a few plays in that game that would have drawn penalties had Tebow been Brady or Manning.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
This might not really fit in this thread, sorry Dave, but I figured since this is a positive Tebow thread I'd go ahead and put it here.

I am rewatching the Charger game today, the last few drives anyway, and one play inparticular struck me. It was in our last scoring drive. Tebow took off running and got tackled by two Chargers and one of them, scumbag #90 decided to rough Tebow up under the guise of trying to strip the ball even though he was clearly down. This assclown ended up dragging Tebow backwards about 7 yards.

1. Tim's teammates will absolutely beat the crap out of people to defend him. This is true of most QBs but I still love that attitude.

2. Tebow is absolutely unflappable emotionally. If that were me it would have been an instant throw down. But Tim understands the moment and knows he just has to get back to playing football.

3. His leadership skills are off the charts for a Rookie. The way he got the guys back to the huddle pulling them back. He understood the situation and was an absolute professional on that play.

I loved that one simple little play and I think it said a lot about this young man as a leader and as a player. Also, that POS #90 for the Chargers easily should have been penalized. There were a few plays in that game that would have drawn penalties had Tebow been Brady or Manning.

If that were Brady or Manning that player would have been fined, ejected, suspended, and possibly arrested.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Painter, I don't think anyone would argue the kid has a lot of tangibles you want in a franchise quarterback, and I for one have always touted his arm, arguing that it's better, even stronger then what people have said about him.

My issue is his accuracy and the other little things that need be coached, check-downs, pocket awareness 'I held my breath when he took that hit against Pittsburgh, I think we all did', I would love to see someone teach him how to pump-fake better, and he needs to continue to work on his release, if he can get all that down perfectly, I think he would be a real good quarterback.

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Great vid. I'm excited about our future with Tebow as well Painter.

People can say what they want, but I see a bright future with the kid. You just can't coach what he has. A leader is what we have been lacking for many seasons now. Plus, with a little work, which we know he'll put in, the kid can be a fantastic all-around QB.

chazoe60
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
If that were Brady or Manning that player would have been fined, ejected, suspended, and possibly arrested.

They would have just executed him right at midfield. I would support that personally, that dude is a complete scumbag. He was doing crap like that all game.

GEM
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM

I loved when Clady got up, pushed Tebow aside and got in the Charger players face. That was freaking awesome!! :D

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Might I suggest you stop reading my posts, then?
If you would put me on ignore that would solve your problem.

You being annoyed with me, and any other number of posters, is not my problem.

I will continue being up beat and positive... that is who I am.

Sorry if that attitude annoys you. Not my problem.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Might I suggest you stop reading my posts, then?
If you would put me on ignore that would solve your problem.

You being annoyed with me, and any other number of posters, is not my problem.

I will continue being up beat and positive... that is who I am.

Sorry if that attitude annoys you. Not my problem.

I don't read all of your posts, I just see you starting Tebow threads all the time.

BroncoWave
01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't read all of your posts, I just see you starting Tebow threads all the time.

Why do you open them? :noidea:

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Back to the clip...
I just watched it again while I was doing some cardio...

I know it is a highlight reel...
but the kid has what it takes.

He needs a ton of work.. sure...
but he's got more fire than any QB I've seen in Orange for a long time.

Half way through... you se him fire the ball over the middle.
He rolls out under pressure and makes plays with his arm.
When Tim runs out of bounds for a gain...
he does not dive into a guy... he plays smart and avoids the hit.

Harbaugh said... I paraphrase..

"I just work on a QB's reads and his footwork. That's it."

So... Tebow needs to work on his reads, footwork... get better at everything else.

His accuracy... I am sure that will improve over time.
Practice with the first team and a full camp will help.
A good QB coach concentrating on Tim.. that will help a ton.

I know there were picks and bad plays we dont see on the highlight reel...
but I still see enough to be excited about the future.

Go Broncos 2011

Dirk
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM

Great video!

3 things from that...

1. I love the line in the song...."I rose to the top, everyone knows my name".

2. From the preseason game to the end of the vid you can see Tebows wind up shorten tremendously. He is coming along beautifully.

3. I love Brandon Lloyd! That guys is money.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Great video!

3 things from that...

1. I love the line in the song...."I rose to the top, everyone knows my name".

2. From the preseason game to the end of the vid you can see Tebows wind up shorten tremendously. He is coming along beautifully.

3. I love Brandon Lloyd! That guys is money.

Yeah... If we trade Lloyd we better get HUGE value.
I would rather keep him.

I like the line in the song...
"It's easy to hate ... harder to love me..."

Those lyrics go quite well with the footage and Tim's story.

chazoe60
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
These clowns on 87.7 are saying right now that Tebow will never be elite. I am so sick of this bull shit. I am in no way saying I know that he will be elite, but how in the **** can you watch him and so he has no shot. It's starting to ****en sicken me. I know he has a long way to go. I know he's not conventional but why in Hell do so many people have this hard line stance that he'll never succeed on this level?

I just don't get it at all.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Why do you open them? :noidea:

I don't know man, its like if there was a naked guy running down the street. As much as we shouldn't, at least 9 out of 10 men won't be able to help but look.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
These clowns on 87.7 are saying right now that Tebow will never be elite. I am so sick of this bull shit. I am in no way saying I know that he will be elite, but how in the **** can you watch him and so he has no shot. It's starting to ****en sicken me. I know he has a long way to go. I know he's not conventional but why in Hell do so many people have this hard line stance that he'll never succeed on this level?

I just don't get it at all.

Yep.

That's one reason I posted this clip.

It is much more powerful than saying to the radio, or the detractors here..

"Nuuh-uh!"

cuzz4169
01-07-2011, 04:39 PM

I don't get how you can be a fan and say a thread of a certain player is annoying!!?? :confused: I don't care if its a thread of any current Bronco its not annoying. Are you sure your a Broncos fan or a Orton fan? People are excited about Tebow...If this forum was here when Elway, TD, Atwater or any bronco that got fans excited, I'm sure everyone would've made threads on them also.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't get how you can be a fan and say a thread of a certain player is annoying!!?? :confused: I don't care if its a thread of any current Bronco its not annoying. Are you sure your a Broncos fan or a Orton fan? People are excited about Tebow...If this forum was here when Elway, TD, Atwater or any bronco that got fans excited, I'm sure everyone would've made threads on them also.

I've been a Broncos fan long before I knew who Kyle Orton was, and I wasn't even a fan of him until this year, sooo...:confused:

And I'm not the only one who finds the amount of threads about a rookie who started 3 games for us annoying.

cuzz4169
01-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I've been a Broncos fan long before I knew who Kyle Orton was, and I wasn't even a fan of him until this year, sooo...:confused:

And I'm not the only one who finds the amount of threads about a rookie who started 3 games for us annoying.

:confused:

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 04:53 PM
:confused:

What's the problem? My post didn't see very difficult to read and/or understand.

UrbanBounca
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
God, Tebow is exciting as hell. They keep trashing his throwing style, saying it won't work in the NFL. How about you give the kid a chance?

Dirk
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I think people keep knocking on him because they don't want to admit that he could be good after they said he wouldn't.

And I still hold a position that a lot of the "experts" still don't like him because of how open he is about his religious beliefs. He will just have to shut them up like Kurt Warner did.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
God, Tebow is exciting as hell. They keep trashing his throwing style, saying it won't work in the NFL. How about you give the kid a chance?

That clip speaks louder than any post a guy could make.

The detractors just buzz in my ear like mosquitoes...
with all of their negative speculation...
I just will fall back on what the guy DID...
instead of what they say he can't do.

Go Broncos 2011.

UrbanBounca
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
That clip speaks louder than any post a guy could make.

The detractors just buzz in my ear like mosquitoes...
with all of their negative speculation...
I just will fall back on what the guy DID...
instead of what they say he can't do.

Go Broncos 2011.

I mean, I was sold on Luck. He's a fantastic QB, especially at the college level, but after seeing this clip, I'm extremely happy with Tebow. I'm looking forward to the 2011-2012 season, when Tebow can really shine.

Dirk
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I mean, I was sold on Luck. He's a fantastic QB, especially at the college level, but after seeing this clip, I'm extremely happy with Tebow. I'm looking forward to the 2011-2012 season, when Tebow can really shine.

He is still going to make his rookie mistakes, but he will give us a chance in every game IMO. (that is if they do a little to fix this defense :defense:)

robert ethan
01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't think it's an either/or situation with Tebow. He fits somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, even though his fans and detractors tend to congregate on either end.

But they do face a huge decision at the draft. I think that Blaine Gabbert could end up one of the top two picks. Beyond Gabbert and Bowers there is a big dropoff. Likely they will trade out to a team that really needs a potential franchise QB, if Bowers is taken. But those same teams will also be asking about Tebow. The trade value for Tebow, who has a great college resume and a promising if brief pro resume, will probably be similar to that of Gabbert who has more classical QB tools, but is a couple of years younger and doesn't have much of a proven track record. With Orton and Quinn still around Denver has the luxury of waiting a year or two on a kid like Gabbert if they think he will be better in the long run.

A lot will depend on the trade market at the draft, I believe. The offers for Orton, Tebow, and the second overall pick have to be weighed and considered against each other. It might be a very interesting time.

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't think it's an either/or situation with Tebow. He fits somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, even though his fans and detractors tend to congregate on either end.

But they do face a huge decision at the draft. I think that Blaine Gabbert could end up one of the top two picks. Beyond Gabbert and Bowers there is a big dropoff. Likely they will trade out to a team that really needs a potential franchise QB, if Bowers is taken. But those same teams will also be asking about Tebow. The trade value for Tebow, who has a great college resume and a promising if brief pro resume, will probably be similar to that of Gabbert who has more classical QB tools, but is a couple of years younger and doesn't have much of a proven track record. With Orton and Quinn still around Denver has the luxury of waiting a year or two on a kid like Gabbert if they think he will be better in the long run.

A lot will depend on the trade market at the draft, I believe. The offers for Orton, Tebow, and the second overall pick have to be weighed and considered against each other. It might be a very interesting time.

I think there is little to no chance we listen to offers for Tebow. Too much upside to get rid of him after only three starts. Not to mention, if it happens, if will show total disconnect from the fans and you know it wouldn't go over well.

You're in a fantasy world if you think the Broncos would take a chance on another QB, possibly setting the organization back another 2-3 years.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Lookat the fan reaction to trading Hillis and a pick...
for Quinn.

Can you imagine if Elway and Xanders traded Tebow...
and Tim went on to greatness FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

I seriously doubt they trade Tebow when Orton will get them
the same #2 pick that Tebow would bring in.

And I dont think the deal is any sweeter if the other team
throws in some old player they dont need any more.

jlarsiii
01-07-2011, 05:36 PM
I think there is little to no chance we listen to offers for Tebow. Too much upside to get rid of him after only three starts. Not to mention, if it happens, if will show total disconnect from the fans and you know it wouldn't go over well.

You're in a fantasy world if you think the Broncos would take a chance on another QB, possibly setting the organization back another 2-3 years.

I don't think it is a fantasy world at all. After all, we have already seen it happen with this franchise just a short while ago. I think people said the same thing about McD and Cutler and look how that turned out.

Sure it isn't likely, but as we have seen if the offer is good enough any FO would at least consider it even if they had no mindset to get rid of a player in the first place.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think it is a fantasy world at all. After all, we have already seen it happen with this franchise just a short while ago. I think people said the same thing about McD and Cutler and look how that turned out.

Sure it isn't likely, but as we have seen if the offer is good enough any FO would at least consider it even if they had no mindset to get rid of a player in the first place.

Exactly why it WONT happen again.

Xanders has distanced himself from McD.
They are NOT going to repeat the same mistake.
A new HC will NOT have the power to come in here and trade Tebow off.
They have made the organizational structure quite clear.
Personel moves are on Xanders and Elway.

A catastrophe like you describe will lay at the feet of Elway.
Not gonna happen.

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Not gonna happen.

Elway already has said Rivera is "Way down the list of coaches"....

REALLY??????

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 05:46 PM

That's my point, Josh McDaniels was in a fantasy world when he actually tried to acquire Matt Cassell over JAY CUTLER. That turned out horribly and I hope the front office learned their lesson (even though it mostly was on McD and Jay)

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Elway already has said Rivera is "Way down the list of coaches"....

REALLY??????

So Elway has been on the job since Wednesday and on Friday you are already unhappy with him?

jlarsiii
01-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Not gonna happen.

What catastrophe did I describe?

All I said was that it wasn't likely, but not impossible either. If Elway and Xanders liked the offer enough they would absolutely pull the trigger if they thought it would benefit the team. If you think they take even one second to consider fan reaction then you are sorely mistaken.

It is all business and the bottom line is if the deal makes the team better and one step closer to getting back to championship football then it gets done. After all, fans tend to flock to winning franchises so all would be forgiven if it produced on the field.

It is also a given that not all deals made turn out to be good ones. Take your pick of any of the several retarded moves this organization has made in the last 24 months as a perfect example of this fact. Still, it does not stop clubs from continuing to make deals. . .

GEM
01-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Just a thought here, but if you aren't interested in reading a thread about Tebow, wouldn't it be prudent not to open a thread that has Tebow in the title?

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:53 PM
That's my point, Josh McDaniels was in a fantasy world when he actually tried to acquire Matt Cassell over JAY CUTLER. That turned out horribly and I hope the front office learned their lesson (even though it mostly was on McD and Jay)

And Tim aint gonna cop attitude against the New Coach on the first day.
They were both egomaniacal...
but face it.

Jay Cutler was a Prima Dona, and contributed to that whole nightmare.

Jay used to come into The Stampede all the time... he was...
well that is a whole different story...
not fit for such a wholesome environment.

Cutler is just an odd duck. Let's leave it at that.

Tim aint gonna be like Jay.
New Coach aint gonna be like Josh.

Broncos will hire the right guy who is excited to be here...

robert ethan
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Lookat the fan reaction to trading Hillis and a pick...
for Quinn.

Can you imagine if Elway and Xanders traded Tebow...
and Tim went on to greatness FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

I seriously doubt they trade Tebow when Orton will get them
the same #2 pick that Tebow would bring in.

And I dont think the deal is any sweeter if the other team
throws in some old player they dont need any more.

Any adverse fan reaction to the Hillis trade was delayed to the point that Peyton put together a few good games. For the most part. My recollection is that more fans were thrilled to get Quinn so cheaply at the time of the deal.
That's what Elway and Xanders get paid the big bucks for. Making those kinds of calls. It was fun to see Tebow play, but do you really think he developed a huge hardcore fan following in the Denver area during those three games?

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, Tim and Jay couldnt be more different as far as character goes.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
What catastrophe did I describe?

All I said was that it wasn't likely, but not impossible either. If Elway and Xanders liked the offer enough they would absolutely pull the trigger if they thought it would benefit the team. If you think they take even one second to consider fan reaction then you are sorely mistaken.

It is all business and the bottom line is if the deal makes the team better and one step closer to getting back to championship football then it gets done. After all, fans tend to flock to winning franchises so all would be forgiven if it produced on the field.

It is also a given that not all deals made turn out to be good ones. Take your pick of any of the several retarded moves this organization has made in the last 24 months as a perfect example of this fact. Still, it does not stop clubs from continuing to make deals. . .

The Catastrophe you described is the broncos trading away our #1 pick...
who has put in a year of work with us.. who has proved his worthiness... and is READY to start....

trading that away for another rookie would be a CATASTROPHE.

We need to be DONE trading away our #1 pick QB's to go lead other teams to the playoffs.

Not sure what your agenda is in promoting the subject...

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Any adverse fan reaction to the Hillis trade was delayed to the point that Peyton put together a few good games. For the most part. My recollection is that more fans were thrilled to get Quinn so cheaply at the time of the deal.
That's what Elway and Xanders get paid the big bucks for. Making those kinds of calls. It was fun to see Tebow play, but do you really think he developed a huge hardcore fan following in the Denver area during those three games?

YES. I do.

I dont want to argue about it.

There IS a huge desire by a lot of fans to see what we can do with Tebow under center.

Draft Defense....

robert ethan
01-07-2011, 06:03 PM
who has put in a year of work with us.. who has proved his worthiness... and is READY to start....

We need to be DONE trading away our #1 pick QB's to go lead other teams to the playoffs.

Tebow wasn't the teams #1 pick, DeMaryius Thomas was. They wouldn't be trading Tim for another rookie, necessarily. As far as Cutler is concerned, he brought Orton, Ayers, D. Thomas, Decker, and part of Tebow in trade. I'd say Orton was as good as Cutler the past couple of years. I doubt Denver would be in the playoffs if Jay was still here. I doubt Cutler would be very popular if he were still here for that matter. He isn't a likeable guy to begin with and his QB skills are just middle of the road.

jlarsiii
01-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Well, we are not talking about the same "subject". My only point was stated in a very matter of fact way. It isn't likely they would trade him, but not impossible either. Again, if the right offer came along the FO would consider it even if they have no intention of trading a player.

In none of my posts did I state that they would trade him away for a rookie so if that is how you look at this situation and interpret it that is fine by me.

And to my "agenda" I just wanted to state a counterpoint to the original poster I replied to when he stated it was 'fantasy' if anyone thought it could happen again. It just isn't very likely. That poster clarified that he was stating that McD was in fantasy land when he pulled off that trade which I whole-heartedly agree with so in my mind there is no more to discuss on the topic.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, we are not talking about the same "subject". My only point was stated in a very matter of fact way. It isn't likely they would trade him, but not impossible either. Again, if the right offer came along the FO would consider it even if they have no intention of trading a player.

In none of my posts did I state that they would trade him away for a rookie so if that is how you look at this situation and interpret it that is fine by me.

And to my "agenda" I just wanted to state a counterpoint to the original poster I replied to when he stated it was 'fantasy' if anyone thought it could happen again. It just isn't very likely. That poster clarified that he was stating that McD was in fantasy land when he pulled off that trade which I whole-heartedly agree with so in my mind there is no more to discuss on the topic.

OK. Point taken.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Trading Cutler and trading Tebow are not even remotely similar. Cutler established himself as a franchise QB in this league, Tebow is still a risk.

Who would honestly take Tebow over Cutler at this point?

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Trading Cutler and trading Tebow are not even remotely similar. Cutler established himself as a franchise QB in this league, Tebow is still a risk.

Who would honestly take Tebow over Cutler at this point?

We weren't discussing it based off the ability or standing of the QB....

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
We weren't discussing it based off the ability or standing of the QB....

I believe you were discussing that trading your franchise QB sets your team back for years. You were using that opinion, which I completely agree with, to support not trading Tebow. You used Cutler as an example to support your opinion. I pointed out the difference, being Cutler was our franchise QB and Tebow is not anywhere close yet.

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I believe you were discussing that trading your franchise QB sets your team back for years. You were using that opinion, which I completely agree with, to support not trading Tebow. You used Cutler as an example to support your opinion. I pointed out the difference, being Cutler was our franchise QB and Tebow is not anywhere close yet.

Right, but I was using Cutler to show what happens when a team trades a big name player. Shows total disconnect with the fanbase and could cause a rift with a new coaching staff right of the bat. Which is why I said McD was in fantasy land.

Not that it always matters, but when a fan base loses support for a coach right off the bat, its a hard hole to dig out of unless there is instant and continual success. McDaniels is a perfect example of that. I'll always wonder if he could have been a better coach without all the pressure the fans (deservingly) put on him.

I agree with you that the two trades would be totally different based on performance and establishment. I was just coming from a different side.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Right, but I was using Cutler to show what happens when a team trades a big name player. Shows total disconnect with the fanbase and could cause a rift with a new coaching staff right of the bat. Which is why I said McD was in fantasy land.

Not that it always matters, but when a fan base loses support for a coach right off the bat, its a hard hole to dig out of unless there is instant and continual success. McDaniels is a perfect example of that. I'll always wonder if he could have been a better coach without all the pressure the fans (deservingly) put on him.

I agree with you that the two trades would be totally different based on performance and establishment. I was just coming from a different side.

I understand your point about the fan base. Tebow does have a large fan base, I just think trading Cutler was much worse because he had already established himself.

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I understand your point about the fan base. Tebow does have a large fan base, I just think trading Cutler was much worse because he had already established himself.

I agree at this point.

But my main thing is, I'd be pissed if we got rid of Tebow and he ended up being a stud somewhere else just because we wanted to trade up and get some QB that "might" be good. Thats what my original response was mostly about... I want to allow Tebow the chance to succeed in a few meaningful games before all this trade talk continues, especially for a new unproven rookie QB.

robert ethan
01-07-2011, 10:04 PM
That's also why they may have to make this early call on Tebow. It's unlikely they will draft this high again in the near future. Gabbert has better tools than Bradford did a year ago. But he is a year and a bit younger than the guys taken last year were on draft day. Probably a two year project.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 10:23 PM
The footwork and pocket presense Tim Tebow shows on the play at 7:00 is a thing of beauty!

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Trading Cutler was a horrible move on Denver's part even though they recieved 2 first rounders in return (wish they could have done something with those aye?)

but being pretty confident that Tebow will end up the better player then Cutler Im not even concerned about that trade.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Trading Cutler was a horrible move on Denver's part even though they recieved 2 first rounders in return (wish they could have done something with those aye?)

but being pretty confident that Tebow will end up the better player then Cutler Im not even concerned about that trade.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

In all seriousness you didnt see any production/progression in Tebow's first 3 starts?

I watched both Cutler and Tebow's first 3 starts and from what I saw Tebow was more productive with a much worse team.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
That's also why they may have to make this early call on Tebow. It's unlikely they will draft this high again in the near future. Gabbert has better tools than Bradford did a year ago. But he is a year and a bit younger than the guys taken last year were on draft day. Probably a two year project.

This team has IGNORED defense for a decade.

It is just not credible to advocate taking a rookie QB,
one that no one was even talking about a few weeks ago during the Luck Bucking,
instead of taking a blue chip D-lineman who will be here for many years.

Tebow will suffice.

Draft Defense.

drewloc
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I dont know if Tebow will ultimately be our guy but i like your enthusiasm and also feel a since of excitement to see what he can do for us.

This is how I feel. It's not that I don't think Orton was good for us, because he played solid for the most part. When I saw Tebow play these last few meaningless games it just got me jacked up. Whether you liked Tebow or not you can't help but pull for the kid. His enthusiasm is infectious and his fire is incredible. I look forward to him taking the next step. :salute:

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
In all seriousness you didnt see any production/progression in Tebow's first 3 starts?

I watched both Cutler and Tebow's first 3 starts and from what I saw Tebow was more productive with a much worse team.

I don't know about progress, but I did see some production and potential. I think he does have potential and he can be a good QB, he just has a long road ahead of him and his chances at success aren't that great.

DenBronx
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM

way too much upside with this kid. no way in hell we trade him. he's only going to get better and better and better.

i for one dont mind all the tebow threads because someones got to pound it in the thick skulls of the haters.

Dzone
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Thanks for posting that! Awesome.I love this board

Dzone
01-07-2011, 11:17 PM

WTF is your point? I like the Tebow threads and so do most of the people on this board. If you dont like the Tebow threads then stop going to them and stop posting on them. Your unabashed man love for Orton is annoying to people. Especially when we have to look at all your posts on the Tebow threads.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't know about progress, but I did see some production and potential. I think he does have potential and he can be a good QB, he just has a long road ahead of him and his chances at success aren't that great.

I couldnt name you a more raw QB then what I saw out of Tebow in his first 3 starts in the league. Which makes it so much more amazing on how he was able to produce as much as he was. The more experience he gets playing directly under center as a pocket passer the better hes going to get.

I think under the circumstances (Mike McCoy having never called plays in any nfl game previous to the Arizona game, interim head coach, rookie QB whose never taken snaps under center, no running game, a defense that wont bail you out) Tebow did extremely well.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 12:31 AM

Thats what they said to him in:

High School as a QB
Trying to get a DI scholarship as a QB (it'll never happen)
College QB... no way, not enough skills, won't make it.
The kid can't win a Hiesman...
Florida will never win a national championship with Tebow as QB... he shouldn't even be a QB.
No way he get's drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

His chances at success in the NFL aren't that great? We'll just have to see. If his journey to where he is now is any indication... I would say Mr. Tebow's chances at success are much higher then you're giving him credit for.

robert ethan
01-08-2011, 01:53 AM

High School as a QB
Florida will never win a national championship with Tebow as QB... he shouldn't even be a QB.

His chances at success in the NFL aren't that great? We'll just have to see. If his journey to where he is now is any indication... I would say Mr. Tebow's chances at success are much higher then you're giving him credit for.

Wait a minute, Tebow was a 5 star recruit and the top rated QB in the country coming out of high school. Did you see the documentary ESPN made about him and the recruiting process? The family was getting dozens of calls and letters a day. I think he had 80+ different offers. Don't create a tale just because it sounds good.:rolleyes:

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Wait a minute, Tebow was a 5 star recruit and the top rated QB in the country coming out of high school. Did you see the documentary ESPN made about him and the recruiting process? The family was getting dozens of calls and letters a day. I think he had 80+ different offers. Don't create a tale just because it sounds good.:rolleyes:

:lol: Not creating a tale at all... I got all that stuff from the commercial that played last night during his documentary.

Direct quote: "They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship"

I know he was a big time recruit, but its no secret that he had tons of people saying he would never make it as a QB in college. I remember reading reports that said he should move to TE or FB because that "left handed rocket arm" isn't accurate enough to be worth anything in the NCAA. There were plenty of people who wanted him to make the change from QB to TE/FB, hence the reason why I said "as a QB" and not just D1 scholarship alone.

Dzone
01-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Tebow approaches life and football like an Olympic athlete. Its 24/7. Like an Olympic decathlete who from month to month jumps higher, throws further and runs faster than he did before. Constant and never ending improvement. Like a Gymnast who performs the same routine thousands and thousands of times until he gets it perfect. At first, certain new moves seem awkward, but with repetition it gets ingrained in his nervous system. Speed, timing and accuracy get better and better.

Tebow was the best athlete at the combine and he is progressively improving on all those numbers. If he can keep his receivers in Denver this offseason it will be a daily regimen. Drilling over and over and over. When other quarterbacks take time off, Tebow will continue to study and train. He will come into training camp so far ahead of where he left off against San Diego. That is one thing we can be certain of.

PAINTERDAVE
01-08-2011, 04:13 AM
In EVERY practice... he wins the wind sprints every time.

They asked him why on the radio...
why so driven to win even the wind sprints?

His reply... I paraphrase...

" I do the BEST I can do at anything I do. If it is tying my shoes...
I do the BEST I can do. It is who I want to be. The BEST I can be."

The guy has a higher standard that he sets for himself. Excellence.

I am thrilled to have him as the captain of our team.

"There is not one person that will outwork me
I'm your guy
I'm going to win a championship
Let's do it together
Push me for greatness
Because I can get there."

Schnauzers
01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Many months ago I read an interview of Tebow where he was asked about his lack of experience with a pro-style offense. He said " they (college coaches) told me what kind of football to play and I did it to the best of my ability". Looking back, he obviously played well enough. I have reason to think he will be sucessful at the pro level also. He may never be a pure pocket passer, but I believe he brings alot more to the game to compensate for that. I doubt that we will ever get bored watching him play. :coffee:

lgenf
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
:lol: Not creating a tale at all... I got all that stuff from the commercial that played last night during his documentary.

Direct quote: "They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship"

I know he was a big time recruit, but its no secret that he had tons of people saying he would never make it as a QB in college. I remember reading reports that said he should move to TE or FB because that "left handed rocket arm" isn't accurate enough to be worth anything in the NCAA. There were plenty of people who wanted him to make the change from QB to TE/FB, hence the reason why I said "as a QB" and not just D1 scholarship alone.

You have NO Idea what you are talking about, go do your research instead of trying to take one piece out of a commercial that aired on TV.

Tebow was Mr. Florida football his senior year in HS, and had his choice of D1 schools that wanted him to come play QB for them.

the quote from the commercial is in reference to all those "people that said he would never make it and get a D1 scholarship" not that he DIDN'T get one.

I am reminded of a commercial that aires on TV right now something about a JACKWAGON and thinking it fits here..........

get your fact right

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
You have NO Idea what you are talking about, go do your research instead of trying to take one piece out of a commercial that aired on TV.

Tebow was Mr. Florida football his senior year in HS, and had his choice of D1 schools that wanted him to come play QB for them.

the quote from the commercial is in reference to all those "people that said he would never make it and get a D1 scholarship" not that he DIDN'T get one.

I am reminded of a commercial that aires on TV right now something about a JACKWAGON and thinking it fits here..........

get your fact right

Calm down, I NEVER said that he didn't get one, I never even implied that. I was talking about all the BS Tebow heard leading up to college from people who wanted him to play another position. I NEVER said he wasn't a big deal recruit or that he was struggling to get a scholarship. The scholarships were there, but they nay-sayers were loud too.

We're on the same side of this argument so I don't know what you're getting all worked up over. You just made the exact point that I was trying to make to the person who responded to me.

Put down your Tebow pitchfork and go back and read what I've been saying all throughout this thread before you start off with a response telling me I have "no idea what im talking about".

lgenf
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Calm down, I NEVER said that he didn't get one, I never even implied that. I was talking about all the BS Tebow heard leading up to college from people who wanted him to play another position. I NEVER said he wasn't a big deal recruit or that he was struggling to get a scholarship. The scholarships were there, but they nay-sayers were loud too.

We're on the same side of this argument so I don't know what you're getting all worked up over. You just made the exact point that I was trying to make to the person who responded to me.

Put down your Tebow pitchfork and go back and read what I've been saying all throughout this thread before you start off with a response telling me I have "no idea what im talking about".

pitchfork down

I just get tired of all the naysayers

with no more then a weeks practice he went into to oakland game with a crappy gameplan and did OK

with no more then 2 weeks practice he went into the Texans game with a crappy first half game plan - did ok and had a decent game plan for the 2nd half and did WELL

Then going into the SD game with 3 weeks practice and against the No 1 defense in the league (or so it was reported) he did OK, accuracy was shaky but they were still in it at the end

too many people want to see him fail and I am one that has watched him succeed for 4 years so I get a little jumpy, sorry

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
pitchfork down

I just get tired of all the naysayers

with no more then a weeks practice he went into to oakland game with a crappy gameplan and did OK

with no more then 2 weeks practice he went into the Texans game with a crappy first half game plan - did ok and had a decent game plan for the 2nd half and did WELL

Then going into the SD game with 3 weeks practice and against the No 1 defense in the league (or so it was reported) he did OK, accuracy was shaky but they were still in it at the end

too many people want to see him fail and I am one that has watched him succeed for 4 years so I get a little jumpy, sorry

No big deal, and i understand.

I want him to succeed too. I've never seen a player with so much passion for the game. I hope he becomes a great Bronco and I'll be rooting for him along the way. The nay-sayers will never go away, but I'm pretty sure thats Tebow's fuel, so they can stick around. ;)

I Eat Staples
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
WTF is your point? I like the Tebow threads and so do most of the people on this board. If you dont like the Tebow threads then stop going to them and stop posting on them. Your unabashed man love for Orton is annoying to people. Especially when we have to look at all your posts on the Tebow threads.

I talk about Orton less than 90% of people on this board.

High School as a QB

Who said he wouldn't be a good college QB? He was one of the top recruits of his year, his skills are perfect for the college game. And he wouldn't have been a first round pick if McDumbass didn't take him.

camdisco24
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I talk about Orton less than 90% of people on this board.

Who said he wouldn't be a good college QB? He was one of the top recruits of his year, his skills are perfect for the college game. And he wouldn't have been a first round pick if McDumbass didn't take him.

I've already responded to that question about three times. I don't have names and I don't care to look up names. He's had downers his whole life and his path to college had haters too.