PDA

View Full Version : Broncos not interviewing Jim Harbaugh

Zweems56
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/07/broncos-not-interviewing-harbaugh/6449/

As of this morning, the Broncos are proceeding in their head coaching search without Jim Harbaugh.

The team is not planning to interview the Stanford head coach. That could change as nothing has been more fluid in recent days than the Jim Harbaugh drama. But as of now, the Broncos are not planning on Harbaugh becoming their next head coach.

Continued at link. Not sure I disagree considering the whole Miami arrangement. Very unclassy on both accounts. That being said, I'm sure it's a monetary issue.

Dirk
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah Miami didn't show any class in interviewing Harbaugh with Sparano still the HC.

gatorpower
01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Harbaugh is a very, very good college coach, but I think he and his agent have overvalued his abilities. They need to bring his price tag and demands down.

He is handling this situation like he is a 5-time Superbowl winning coach with huge offers from the New England Patriots, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team.

Zweems56
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah Miami didn't show any class in interviewing Harbaugh with Sparano still the HC.

and vice versa, imo.

Dirk
01-07-2011, 10:25 AM
and vice versa, imo.

In the NFL yes. Especially since it's so advertised. In the private sector it is done a lot, but it's behind closed doors and not out in the open for everyone to see.

Nick
01-07-2011, 10:41 AM
That is lame...

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I wanted Harbaugh too. Not for over 5 a year though.

Way too much.

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
He might have decided with Luck staying at Stanford that he wants to return to Stanford. If he goes back to Stanford without getting a big raise, then that could be it.

He could have also decided that his family doesn't have to go through much change if he stays in the bay area and coaches the 49ers. I wouldn't take this as a ding on the Broncos necessarily.

jhildebrand
01-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't want Harbaugh.

I want Perry Fewell or Studesville at this point. Somehow I want both of those guys on the staff. I don't think they can go wrong with either but I would prefer Fewell HC and Studesville in an elevated role.

If that can't work get Marty on the phone!

Ravage!!!
01-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Jhil, I just can't see why you want Studes :lol: But to which their own!

I would have loved Harbaugh, but I think he is either wanting to keep San Fran the ONLY contender, or wants to just go back to Stanford. They say an announcement will be today, and I'm not going to be surprised at all if he decides to go back to Stanford.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Denver just needs to make a decision within the next week before all the good assistant coaches get picked up. Vikings know whats up.

Ravage!!!
01-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't wan to rush into a decision, just to rush into a decision

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
From the article cited in OP.....

"The Broncos had discussed visiting Harbaugh in Denver earlier in the week. When that couldn't be arranged, team officials talked about flying to the Bay Area, but a definitive time couldn't be set.

At this point, the Broncos' interest in Harbaugh seems to have cooled. He would have been a tough get, anyway, as the Broncos are already committed to paying at least $5 million next year to former head coaches Mike Shanahan ($3.5 million) and Josh McDaniels (settlement figure from $3.2 million that was owed) and there are reports Harbaugh's price tag is around $7 million a year."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

Read more: Broncos' interest in Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh has cooled - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17034613#ixzz1AN7H8J6m
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

weazel
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry, but I see Harbaugh coaching in the NFL for a couple years and going back to college.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Denver just needs to make a decision within the next week before all the good assistant coaches get picked up. Vikings know whats up.

All I have read/heard is that the Vikings are interviewing McDaniels & Singletary, neither of which are assistant coaches. There are some assistant coaches that can not be approached at this time.

camdisco24
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Harbaugh is a great coach in college, but im afraid of his lack of NFL experience and giant contract... what his he doesn't work out either?? That's a TON of blown money on coaches for the Broncos. Rather go for another solid option that comes with a smaller contract.

EMB6903
01-07-2011, 01:46 PM
All I have read/heard is that the Vikings are interviewing McDaniels & Singletary, neither of which are assistant coaches. There are some assistant coaches that can not be approached at this time.

Both Mcdaniels and Singletary will be coordinators in Minnesota (if they are hired) which is what I meant.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Jay Glazer said the very opposite, I wonder how he still has a job in the industry?

Zweems56
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Filed to ESPN: Jim Harbaugh is expected to agree to a five-year contract with the 49ers

Looks like it's over