PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh has an interview scheduled with the Broncos?

Lancane
01-07-2011, 01:26 AM
According to Jay Glazier of FoxSports and RotoTimes, San Francisco was trying to get Jim Harbaugh signed tonight, however…he supposedly has an interview scheduled with Denver.

No one has confirmed this so far, I will keep up on it and see it I can get it confirmed by anyone of note.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Report: Harbaugh could sign with Niners tonight

Jay Glazer reports that the "strong signal" out of San Francisco is that Jim Harbaugh is in "strong" talks with the Niners to get a deal done tonight that would pay him over $6 million per year.
Our View: Sure. Why not? The reports surrounding the Harbaugh situation have whirled in about 100 directions today, and it's anybody's guess as to what he'll actually do. Miami's record offer was turned down, and QB Andrew Luck's return to Stanford would seemingly make the university an attractive option for Harbaugh. Of course, he still has a scheduled interview with the Broncos, so we'd be surprised if he actually made a decision tonight. Actually, scratch that. At this point, nothing about this story would be surprising.

That's what it says on RotoTimes.com

Lonestar
01-07-2011, 01:39 AM
hope he does sign with SFO they could use a decent HC.. their fans have been suffering since Young retired.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
hope he does sign with SFO they could use a decent HC.. their fans have been suffering since Young retired.

What I find funny is that Stanford offered according to Jason La Canfora of NFLN more money then San Francisco, and that would mean that Andrew Luck played no part in Harbaugh’s decision. The one thing I would have a problem with is if he signs with San Fran and had an interview scheduled with us, that would be inappropriate in itself.

Lonestar
01-07-2011, 01:52 AM
What I find funny is that Stanford offered according to Jason La Canfora of NFLN more money then San Francisco, and that would mean that Andrew Luck played no part in Harbaugh’s decision. The one thing I would have a problem with is if he signs with San Fran and had an interview scheduled with us, that would be inappropriate in itself.

Why?

Lancane
01-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Why?

Because I think that would be inappropriate, that’s at least my opinion on the matter, you don’t have to like it...you may have a different opinion then I do about the whole situation.

BroncoBJ
01-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Havn't heard anything about us scheduling an interview with him. I heard Elway say that if he wanted to come here and interview that the door is open.

Maybe we all missed something. But the more people we interview the better. Would rather John interview 100 coaches and find the right one. Then to just interview 3 or 4 coaches and just pick 1.

BroncoStud
01-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Harbaugh is by far the best candidate I've heard the Broncos are interviewing. It's not even close.

Lancane
01-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Havn't heard anything about us scheduling an interview with him. I heard Elway say that if he wanted to come here and interview that the door is open.

Maybe we all missed something. But the more people we interview the better. Would rather John interview 100 coaches and find the right one. Then to just interview 3 or 4 coaches and just pick 1.

I'm starting to think Jay Glazer is full of shit, no one else is reporting that we have an interview scheduled with him. Fox Sports isn't reporting anything as of yet, nor is NFLN or ESPN.

Tned
01-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Threads been cleaned up. No need for that kind of post, and therefore the followups had to go.

BroncoStud
01-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Threads been cleaned up. No need for that kind of post, and therefore the followups had to go.

Sorry, but Lancane's response about Hillis plowing Mrs. McDaniels was pretty solid, sorry to see that go.

PAINTERDAVE
01-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Harbaugh is by far the best candidate I've heard the Broncos are interviewing. It's not even close.

I have not heard that we have an interview scheduled....

Northman
01-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Yea, all ive read is that Elway wants to try and get an interview with him but nothing in stone yet.

broncofaninfla
01-07-2011, 06:26 AM

How can you say that about a coach who has never held a head coaching position in the NFL? I like him but Denver needs to be careful that they don't hire another guy who learns his trade at the expense of the Denver Broncos like Mcd did.

Clipworthy
01-07-2011, 07:24 AM
i don't want harbaugh. don't see him fitting with what this team needs

Nomad
01-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Harbaugh will not be the BRONCOS HC!!

Ziggy
01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
How can you say that about a coach who has never held a head coaching position in the NFL? I like him but Denver needs to be careful that they don't hire another guy who learns his trade at the expense of the Denver Broncos like Mcd did.

Agreed. There's a reason that he's the hottest prospect out there right now by a long shot, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It seems as though at least 3 teams that have just failed with unproven NFL head coaches (Miami, San Fran, and Denver) are hot on his heels. I'm intrigued with the prospect of bringing him in, but at the same time it would raise some huge concerns.