PDA

View Full Version : Game plan predictions

broncofaninfla
09-12-2008, 08:04 AM
How do you guys think the game will play out this weekend? I look for Denver to be fired up like we haven't seen in some time about this game. A very physical game. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fights or injuries on both sides of the ball. I look for a pass first offense with Denver again with some runs and draw plays thrown in to keep them off balance. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stokley emerge with a big game here especially on third downs as I'm sure extra attention will be paid to Marshall and Royal. I look for the offense to score over 30 points against the Chargers. On defense I expect our boys to be FIRED up, big hits and gang tackling. I expect our defense to slow them down but not stop them entirely, wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers scored 24 points against us. Special teams is the wild card here. We HAVE to play better on kick and punt coverage or we could give away the decided score here. All in all I truly expect the Broncos to come out and play some smash mouth football and win a high scoring game.
This game means so much to the Broncos. There is the obvious revenge factor, the respect factor and the statement to the rest of the league factor telling the NFL we are back and a force to be reckoned with this year. I'm as fired up about this game as I have been with any other Bronco game in recent history.
:salute::beer::salute:

MOtorboat
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Denver is going to have to gameplan very good...because the run game is always tough against San Diego, and the boot leg gets a whole lot tougher, too.

I expect to see a lot more of those flat plays to Royal, and with Marshall coming back, the WR quick screen will probably come out of the play-book too. And I suspect that they might be unleashing Mr. Hillis this week.

Mike
09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
My guess....

SD will come out fired up. They will be looking to get to Cutler early to keep him from getting into a rythym like he got into against Oakland.

Denver will use draws, misdirection, quick slants, and screens to take advantage of that aggressiveness. They will get the ball to Scheff...he is a SD killer...SD doesn't cover TE's well (see Rosario last week). I wouldn't be surprised to see them go deep to Royal early in the game either though.

EastCoastBronco
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Do not underestimate the effect Merriman being out will have on that defence. He is their heart and soul, their Al Wilson, if you will. If Royal lit up Hall, he'll eat Jammer for breakfast.
Also, something that seems to have been overlooked in all the Royal commotion is just how well Clady played. Not since the days of Tony Jones have we been this solid on the left side. Cutler had time to eat a sandwich before most of his throws the other night and our boy Clady had a lot to do with that.
If you think SD will be fired up wait until you see how Denver comes out...;-) It's going to look like a Mel Gibson revenge flick...

OMorange&blue
09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
WR bubble screen.

NightTrainLayne
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm predicting a game-plan that will showcase Norv Turner's absolutely pathetic coaching ability.

Get ready boys and girls, we're about to put a coach on the hot-seat, and send him on his way to unemployment. The bad news, is that if he get's fired, there will be a better coach in S.D. next year instead of Norv.

Dublin Bolt
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Do not underestimate the effect Merriman being out will have on that defence. He is their heart and soul, their Al Wilson, if you will. If Royal lit up Hall, he'll eat Jammer for breakfast.
Also, something that seems to have been overlooked in all the Royal commotion is just how well Clady played. Not since the days of Tony Jones have we been this solid on the left side. Cutler had time to eat a sandwich before most of his throws the other night and our boy Clady had a lot to do with that.
If you think SD will be fired up wait until you see how Denver comes out...;-) It's going to look like a Mel Gibson revenge flick...

Greetings Broncos fans......

Just had to register to come back at this one. DeAngelo Hall isn't fit to tie Jammer's laces. Hall is mouth pure and simple, nothing to back it up. Yes, Royal looked real good last week but he is coming up against the best secondary in the NFL this week. U all know Cro, wait til u see Cason, the second coming of Charles Woodson I reckon.

Clady looks a good un too, will be nice to see JT going against him (Jyles Tucker for those of u yet to be introduced to him).

I do agree with another poster, I see u doing most damage with the TE, Scheffler.

Looking forward to a barnstormer of a game. :beer:

turftoad
09-12-2008, 10:58 AM

Just had to register to come back at this one. DeAngelo Hall isn't fit to tie Jammer's laces. Hall is mouth pure and simple, nothing to back it up. Yes, Royal looked real good last week but he is coming up against the best secondary in the NFL this week. U all know Cro, wait til u see Cason, the second coming of Charles Woodson I reckon.

Clady looks a good un too, will be nice to see JT going against him (Jyles Tucker for those of u yet to be introduced to him).

I do agree with another poster, I see u doing most damage with the TE, Scheffler.

Should be a great game. I can't wait. Thanks for weighing in.

The only thing JT is going to get introduced to is the turf by Clady. :D

Timmy!
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
2 words:

Brandon Marshall

BroncoJoe
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I predict we will run, pass and kick the ball.

Hawgdriver
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, but only PATs, several kickoffs, and perhaps a few FGs.

denbroncofan26
09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
When I was at the Houston Denver preseason game, as the Broncos players were walking off the field to the locker rooms they were not stopping to sign any autographs or talk to any one hanging over the rails. BUT there was one ten year old girl wearing a Philip Rivers jersey and Brandon Marshall and several other players all stopped by her to tell her how bad we are going to beat them down this year. Marshall said "Why you wearing that jersey? You know they gonna lose bad this year!"
This team has had the Chargers on their brains ALL offseason and I know they are itching to get on the field and get some revenge. I predict the Broncos to rely more on the pass than the run and the defense to look juiced and over-excited but also somewhat sloppy. Broncos win 31-20

underrated29
09-12-2008, 02:23 PM
thats so cool to hear. about the chargers i mean, not not signing autos.

Bolltfanbo
09-12-2008, 04:37 PM

Agreed Jammer is far better than Hall. Even is his good days in ATL Hall was a horrible man to man guy and that's what the Raiders had him doing all night long. Stupid. Jammer will be much more effect than Hall. Plus the Chargers should provide much more pressure on Culter than the Sliver and Lack. Scheffler and LT will be the key. LT 127 and two TD's Sproles 36 rush 28 rec

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Hope SD does concentrate on Eddie Royal - because - OOPS - THERE GOES #15 - BRANDON MARSHALL :salute:

Nomad
09-12-2008, 04:58 PM
My guess....

SD will come out fired up. They will be looking to get to Cutler early to keep him from getting into a rythym like he got into against Oakland.

Denver will use draws, misdirection, quick slants, and screens to take advantage of that aggressiveness. They will get the ball to Scheff...he is a SD killer...SD doesn't cover TE's well (see Rosario last week). I wouldn't be surprised to see them go deep to Royal early in the game either though.

Yes, the Chargers come out fired up especially what happened last Sunday. I also think the Chargers will come out overconfident and a little arrogant being they have beaten the BRONCOS convincingly the last 2 times. It would be a pyschological nightmare for the BRONCOS if the Chargers would route us again or even beat us by a small margin. But I expect a tight game with the BRONCOS winning, 23-20!!

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM

I also predict we will hike the ball. Go Leach! :salute:

tubby
09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Operation Beatdown.

:coffee:

omac
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I predict a lot of max-protect, and if the Chargers still throw us the kitchen sink, that will leave a lot of one on one matchups for Marshall and Eddie.

While the defense will be focused on Marshall and Eddie, I expect a lot of plays spread out to Scheffler, Stokley, and Graham.

Hall will be our featured back, because he explodes better between the tackles. Young will do a lot of pass catching screens, as will Pittman.

On defense, we'll overcompensate for the run, and that should leave our corners exposed. Hopefully, the blitzes we'll mix up in the game could help keep Rivers from getting his timing down. Their OL is not in the best shape, so this could work.

Denver's defense has been solid throughout the preseason against man-blocking rushing, and getting fits with zone blocking rushing. We should be effective enough against the Chargers, specially since LT may not play, and if he does, he might not be 100%. That suddenly turns their rushing attack from one of the best, to better than most.

If Gates is playing in pain, we might have a better chance of covering him. I'm not too impressed with their wideouts, but they will look better, because that's what Denver will give them. Hopefully Champ and Bly can give them a mugging without penalties.

CromartieWillOwnU
09-12-2008, 06:22 PM

1) what you said in bold is really stupid please don't talk, Jammer is a shutdown corner he held randy moss (the best reciver in the nfl) to one catch. Hall is just fast. No comapisson. Jammer would destroy royal on coverage or tackling (may i remind he is the best tackling corner in the nfl)

2) Cromartie will be on Royal. Cromartie is bigger and faster than royal.

Just to let you know here is a list of qbs intercepted by crimetime:
Tom Brady(1)
Peyton Manning(4)....
Vince Young(1)
Matt Schaub(2)
Jemarcus Russel(1)[and the mighty oakland raiders that the donkeys destroyed]
Tony Romo(1)
Brodie Croyle(2)
Jon Kitna(1)
Jeff Garcia(1)

To add a little spice to that he had a pretty nifty return against the vikes that happened to be the longest ever.

I bet you feel special right now.

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
1) what you said in bold is really stupid please don't talk, Jammer is a shutdown corner he held randy moss (the best reciver in the nfl) to one catch. Hall is just fast. No comapisson. Jammer would destroy royal on coverage or tackling (may i remind he is the best tackling corner in the nfl)

Tom Brady(1)
Peyton Manning(4)....
Vince Young(1)
Matt Schaub(2)
Tony Romo(1)
Brodie Croyle(2)
Jon Kitna(1)
Jeff Garcia(1)

To add a little spice to that he had a pretty nifty return against the vikes that happened to be the longest ever.

WHAT? I'm sorry, all homerism aside, you will not find many people/fans of ANY team who will say Jammer is a better tackler than Champ Bailey. You're showing your ignorance.

omac
09-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Tom Brady(1)
Peyton Manning(4)....
Vince Young(1)
Matt Schaub(2)
Tony Romo(1)
Brodie Croyle(2)
Jon Kitna(1)
Jeff Garcia(1)

Wow, 14 INTs .... wait a minute. Both yahoo and nfl.com has him listed for 10 ints, all coming in 2007. You're the 2nd Chargers poster who came here recently and backed up his talk with erroneous facts. :confused:

Anyway, how many INTs did he have against the Panthers? Oh yeah, zero, and their passing offense was productive against you guys. Could it be that Cromartie needs great pressure from up front in order to get his INTs? Something they weren't too good with against the Panthers.

CromartieWillOwnU
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
WHAT? I'm sorry, all homerism aside, you will not find many people/fans of ANY team who will say Jammer is a better tackler than Champ Bailey. You're showing your ignorance.

LOL. champ is an awesome shutdown/press/zone coverage cb arguebly the best in the nfl but champ is NOT a better tackler than jammer. I garuntee it jammer had 3 tackles that stop the panthers from converting on 3rd down. Please stop being ignorant and give the devil his due.

CromartieWillOwnU
09-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow, 14 INTs .... wait a minute. Both yahoo and nfl.com has him listed for 10 ints, all coming in 2007. You're the 2nd Chargers poster who came here recently and backed up his talk with erroneous facts. :confused:

Anyway, how many INTs did he have against the Panthers? Oh yeah, zero, and their passing offense was productive against you guys. Could it be that Cromartie needs great pressure from up front in order to get his INTs? Something they weren't too good with against the Panthers.

Uhh really try playoffs and probowl buddy. Yes it's ok to feel stupid

omac
09-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Uhh really try playoffs and probowl buddy. Yes it's ok to feel stupid

HAHAHA, dang, you got me. :brickwall: :cheers:

omac
09-12-2008, 06:53 PM
We'll see how good he is, though, if the Chargers don't produce the same pressure on the QB that they did last season.

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 06:53 PM
LOL. champ is an awesome shutdown/press/zone coverage cb arguebly the best in the nfl but champ is NOT a better tackler than jammer. I garuntee it jammer had 3 tackles that stop the panthers from converting on 3rd down. Please stop being ignorant and give the devil his due.

Sweetie pie, if you actually paid attention to what happens in the NFL, you'd know why Champ's INT numbers were down last year. :hi:

(just a hint: It had nothing to do with his ability.)

Hobe
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I think SD will go after Cutler. Because of that we could see more of Graham, then Scheffler and more Pitman and Hillis. They will be trying to fool the young tackles with blitzes and stunts. That would be the conventional way to handle a big rush. Our offense is still basically West coast, so we could see a lot of slants. I’m asking myself, “What unconventional way can they attack the rush?” We saw some misdirection and reverses against the Faider. I think we will see more this weekend.

:ninja:

CromartieWillOwnU
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Sweetie pie, if you actually paid attention to what happens in the NFL, you'd know why Champ's INT numbers were down last year. :hi:

(just a hint: It had nothing to do with his ability.)

Okay too bad i didn't mention his interceptions going down. Please site where i said champ can't intercept. Go ahead.

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Okay too bad i didn't mention his interceptions going down. Please site where i said champ can't intercept. Go ahead.

Did Champ Bailey lead the league in interceptions last year? No.
Therefore, carreer-wise Bailey's better, for that matter he's the best. But last year he was down. Guess what? Champ Bailey is mortal and aging. Cro is new and lighting the league up. Cro and Jammer are not better than Bly and Bailey but they were last year. Who's to say that won't continue?

MasterShake
09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I want SD to get the ball first so we can crush their souls early with a 3 and out. Afterwards on our first drive come out in a 4 or 5 receiver set and shotgun and spread the field. Put them on their heels and run a two minute offense and drive the ball down their throats for a quick 6. SD is now in panic mode, down by a TD at Mile High so Rivers comes out and throws for a desperate 15yd pass play only to have it float limply right into Champ Baileys chest as he sprints back for another TD. 14-0 with 7 minutes left in the first quarter. The rout is on, and a two game lead in the AFC West is only a few hours away. Thats my prediction, write it down....in blood!

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 07:13 PM

LMAO! Silly Sparkler's fan. I guess I didn't spell it all out so you didn't understand.

Lemme try again:

The reason Champ's INT numbers were down last year was our run defense was SO horrendous, he spend more time supporting the run as he was one of two people on the team who could actually TACKLE. Too often, Champ was the only one who would actually bring a runner down. He started playing special teams as well last year because of the pathetic tackling abilities on the team. Now the best tackler on the Broncos used to be Domonique Foxworth hands down (also a corner, FWIW) but now I'd say hands down, it's Champ. I'm not saying Jammer can't tackle well, just that he's not better than Champ.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Therefore, carreer-wise Bailey's better, for that matter he's the best. But last year he was down. Guess what? Champ Bailey is mortal and aging. Cro is new and lighting the league up. Cro and Jammer are not better than Bly and Bailey but they were last year. Who's to say that won't continue?
Let me help you out a little, since you didn't watch many Bronco games last year.

1. They weren't throwing to Champ's side of the field much, they were picking on our safeties and Bly.

2. Why would team's throw on us when they could run down our throats. We sucked in run D last year.

3. Bates D didn't play to Champ's strengths of playing off the ball and reading the QB.

Hope that helps.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
LMAO! Silly Sparkler's fan. I guess I didn't spell it all out so you didn't understand.

Lemme try again:

The reason Champ's INT numbers were down last year was our run defense was SO horrendous, he spend more time supporting the run as he was one of two people on the team who could actually TACKLE. Too often, Champ was the only one who would actually bring a runner down. He started playing special teams as well last year because of the pathetic tackling abilities on the team. Now the best tackler on the Broncos used to be Domonique Foxworth hands down (also a corner, FWIW) but now I'd say hands down, it's Champ. I'm not saying Jammer can't tackle well, just that he's not better than Champ.

Ha ha, I love you Frau. Great minds think alike.

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM

Lemme try again:

Tony Dungy has a mantra I think you should adopt. No excuses, no explanations. I took it up this week. The defense played like shit against the Panthers but I'm sick of using that as an excuse. From now on no excuses from me. San diego lost period. There's no reason for that; there never will be. We were outplayed which is inexcusable. The title of the thread should change to "more smack talk."

MasterShake
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Tony Dungy has a mantra I think you should adopt. No excuses, no explanations. I took it up this week. The defense played like shit against the Panthers but I'm sick of using that as an excuse. From now on no excuses from me. San diego lost period. There's no reason for that; there never will be. We were outplayed which is inexcusable. The title of the thread should change to "more smack talk."

The title of this thread is "Game Plan Predictions", and I predict that the Chargers will suck. It counts. I love semantics.

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
The title of this thread is "Game Plan Predictions", and I predict that the Chargers will suck. It counts. I love semantics.

And I predict the Bronco D will suck. This sunday I predict the Chargers slam it down your thraot and make passes that have the Bronco secondary looking awful. I predict Cutler sucks and ROYal has one-of-those 50-50 games. Marshall does nothing. Cutler tears the bottom cross area to pieces with Sheffler, Stokley, and Jackson but Hall has way less than a hundred yards and I predict this game goes down to the very end with (4th flip since you Donks really got to me) a Chargers victory. You guys were cool at first but now I'm pissed off and want to see the donkies get their handed to them again. It's been fun watching em struggle to make a touchdown and laughing my as off when they actually fail.

EastCoastBronco
Oh my God...When did all of these Bolts fans start coming out of the woodwork? All of this damn smack coming down form jokers who just showed up....Please...
The simple fact that you think Cromartie and Jammer are better than Bailey betrays your ignorance... Jesus...Are you simple or just blind? How old are you?

omac

That would be a good idea. Good luck sticking with it for a whole season; that'll be tough. :cheers:

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM

LMAO! Another bandwagon fan who doesn't pay attention.

It's not an excuse. It is reality. Stats are NEVER 100% of the story and to rely on them alone is ignorant and stupid. ;)

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
That would be a good idea. Good luck sticking with it for a whole season; that'll be tough. :cheers:

I can say the same to you...

MasterShake
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
And I predict the Bronco D will suck. This sunday I predict the Chargers slam it down your thraot and make passes that have the Bronco secondary looking awful. I predict Cutler sucks and ROYal has one-of-those 50-50 games. Marshall does nothing. Cutler tears the bottom cross area to pieces with Sheffler, Stokley, and Jackson but Hall has way less than a hundred yards and I predict this game goes down to the very end with (4th flip since you Donks really got to me) a Chargers victory. You guys were cool at first but now I'm pissed off and want to see the donkies get their handed to them again. It's been fun watching em struggle to make a touchdown and laughing my as off when they actually fail.

Whatever. I won't even watch the game. I hate football.

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM

I am actually worried about our secondary being torched but NOT because of their capabilities but because of our lack of a decent pass rush. If our D-line can't get pressure on Phylis, then our secondary is going to look mediocre at best. I hope we've got some secret blitzes we've been stashing for this game otherwise it's going to be nothing but a shoot out for the win, ala Browns vs. Bengals last year.

Mike
09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
My prediction....pain. :laugh:

Go smack the fairweather fans around in the smack forum...er...I mean take the smack to the smack forum, gang. ;)

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
LMAO! Another bandwagon fan who doesn't pay attention. ;)

I'm never gonna fight over the bandwagon bit. Only bandwagoners do that. But not paying attention - SD led the league in INTs. Go ahead and claim it was the pass rush, cheating, whatever. The no excuses rule goes for success too. Our secondary was fantastic and caught that football.
Your's didn't.

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Ha ha, I love you Frau. Great minds think alike.

The feeling is mutual. :hug:

MasterShake
My prediction....pain. :laugh:

Take the smack to the smack forum, gang. ;)

Sorry Sotally Tober. I was just messing around. Honestly The Chargers game has me somewhat nervous but it should be fun. I will be there screaming my head off, and I will have no voice for work on monday!:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)

You ask if Champ led in INT's last year, and what you were given were reasons WHY he did not - no excuses, but ALL LEGITIMATE REASONS

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I am actually worried about our secondary being torched but NOT because of their capabilities but because of our lack of a decent pass rush. If our D-line can't get pressure on Phylis, then our secondary is going to look mediocre at best. I hope we've got some secret blitzes we've been stashing for this game otherwise it's going to be nothing but a shoot out for the win, ala Browns vs. Bengals last year.

Number one: good point
I can absolutely say the same thing about our D.
As for the Bengals v. Browns part....that would be amazing. But SD's gonna run with or without LT so it's not gonna happen. Cutler will be forced to let the ball soar though.

Benetto
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM

I don't know if I should laugh or respond to this post with some words to make you look like a fool....Ill stick to laugh...:lol: and leave the rest up to the Broncos.

Chargers are in for a harsh wake up call.

When you Homers lose, I will demolish you with smack the next day...Question is will you losers show up, or will you be busy looknig for another team?

MasterShake
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
As for the Bengals v. Browns part....that would be amazing. But SD's gonna run with or without LT so it's not gonna happen. Cutler will be forced to let the ball soar though.

I don't think with Cutler is being "forced" to throw though. We almost seemed like we gameplanned for a pass first offense last week against a very good (on paper) secondary. It looks like we may quiet teams through the air before we bury them in the ground this year. Or LT will just expose our D again in a blowout.

frauschieze
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't think with Cutler is being "forced" to throw though. We almost seemed like we gameplanned for a pass first offense last week against a very good (on paper) secondary. It looks like we may quiet teams through the air before we bury them in the ground this year. Or LT will just expose our D again in a blowout.

No blowouts on either side. It'll be a shootout, Broncos on top. :D

EastCoastBronco
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
MasterShake...Do not even waste your time with this Bolts fan...There was no "seem" in last Monday night's demolition of the Fade....What you witnessed is what Shanny can do when he has all the tools in place to FULLY execute his plan. The kind of dominance we witnessed on Monday night has not been seen in a long, long time. When Shanny has the tools he needs in his toolbox, he will destroy who stands in his way. He is a pupil of Bill Walsh and he is like Mr Spock when it comes to showing mercy. There will be none. Bill Belichick is a distant pupil of Walsh...Shanny is a direct pupil..You do the math...
Totally Sober....Grab your bootstraps and pull them up because payback time is coming...I'm not making excuses...Hang on for the ride and see if you can keep up...

Tned
09-12-2008, 08:20 PM

I am not going to even try and claim I know which is a better tackler, but this is a complete mischaracterization of Bailey: "shutdown/press/zone coverage cb".

Bailey as good a cover corner as Bailey is, he is every bit as good a run stopper as cover corner. This is something that for some reason the media doesn't cover, and those that don't follow the Broncos don't realize.

2007 - 71 solo tackles
2006 - 73 solo tackles

Since he is considered the best by most, and top 3 by pretty much everyone, cover corner, those tackles are not from WRs completing passes and then Champ tackling them. Most of those are in the run game.

Most plays, if you watch Champ, you will see him lined up looking for the run first, and then relying on his speed to catch his man if it is a pass.

I will admit to not being very familiar with Jammer, except for the games when the Broncos play them, but I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt, that Bailey is every bit as good in the run defense as he is in coverage, and I doubt there is any corner in the league that is any better in run defense.

lex
09-12-2008, 08:47 PM
How do you guys think the game will play out this weekend? I look for Denver to be fired up like we haven't seen in some time about this game. A very physical game. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fights or injuries on both sides of the ball. I look for a pass first offense with Denver again with some runs and draw plays thrown in to keep them off balance. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stokley emerge with a big game here especially on third downs as I'm sure extra attention will be paid to Marshall and Royal. I look for the offense to score over 30 points against the Chargers. On defense I expect our boys to be FIRED up, big hits and gang tackling. I expect our defense to slow them down but not stop them entirely, wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers scored 24 points against us. Special teams is the wild card here. We HAVE to play better on kick and punt coverage or we could give away the decided score here. All in all I truly expect the Broncos to come out and play some smash mouth football and win a high scoring game.
This game means so much to the Broncos. There is the obvious revenge factor, the respect factor and the statement to the rest of the league factor telling the NFL we are back and a force to be reckoned with this year. I'm as fired up about this game as I have been with any other Bronco game in recent history.
:salute::beer::salute:

Excellent thread. I think the anticipation will be that Marshall will get a lot of attention and so Im predicting that Denver will try to exploit some mismatches with either Royal or Scheffler deep. I also think Denver will try to utilize the tighte end so to challenge the LB substiting for Merriman. If we overload him by sending action his way, it may make him less agressive in pass rush. It actually might also make Cottrell less agressive.

I agree that we'll emphasize the pass and that the run will spin off of the pass. And I agree, in default plays Stokley will be an option because I think San Diego may also be worried about Royals quickness...so its a combination of offense from a Stokley/Scheffler combination. I also think we'll throw to the RBs a lot. So I can see Hillis making a contribution this game. And to be perfectly honest with you. I think the combination of Royal and Marshall are good enough to get open when everyone else, save Cutler, are kept in for pass protection. So, if San Diego can get pressure, I can see us keeping guys in and Jay finding guys when only 2 WRs are running routes. To this point, it has yet to be established that anyone can really keep up with Royal. He is strong, he is fast, he is quick, and he is precise.

CromartieWillOwnU
09-12-2008, 09:36 PM

Aggie lets get out of here, most of these broncos fans are ignorant and don't give any credit where its due, i've heard from cromartie sucks to tony is a better tight end than gates lol. Don't get to over confident just because you got W and we got an L for week 1, we are still the defending afc west champs and we still are the second best team in the AFC going to afc championship game. I'll see you guys on monday be sure i'll make a topic titled "cromartie breaks the ints. in one game record with 6 and chargers blowout the broncos for the 3rd time in a row".

lex
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Aggie lets get out of here, most of these broncos fans are ignorant and don't give any credit where its due, i've heard from cromartie sucks to tony is a better tight end than gates lol. Don't get to over confident just because you got W and we got an L for week 1, we are still the defending afc west champs and we still are the second best team in the AFC going to afc championship game. I'll see you guys on monday be sure i'll make a topic titled "cromartie breaks the ints. in one game record with 6 and chargers blowout the broncos for the 3rd time in a row".

See ya Monday, part-timer.

EastCoastBronco
09-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Ernie from Sesame Street laughs.......

Tned
09-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Come on folks. We know better than to treat guests with disrespect. This isn't the smack forum, so we should be talking about the game, both with Broncos' fans and with fans from the teams we are playing.

lex
09-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Come on folks. We know better than to treat guests with disrespect. This isn't the smack forum, so we should be talking about the game, both with Broncos' fans and with "fans" from the teams we are playing.

Fixed it for you.

EastCoastBronco
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM

What the hell credit is actually due when you lose to the Panthers....? Your D choked on it hard...Let it go....get ready for this weekend's dance instead of crying about last weekend's missed opportunity....

tubby
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Isn't :vollkommenauf: out with a bad hip?

Sep 12 Cromartie, is still nursing a sore hip.

Advice: He's yet to take a practice snap this week. If Cromartie can't go Sunday, he would be replaced by either rookie Antoine Cason or Cletis Gordon.

Superchop 7
09-13-2008, 12:48 AM
They will try to attack our linebackers.

Got news for em.

Champ will be on Gates.

McCree will be on Rivers.......green light all day.

We will double Jackson.

They will have to run.

Got news for them.

This ain't last year.

Superchop 7
09-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Isn't :vollkommenauf: out with a bad hip?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

That pic should be a poster, I'd buy it.

Gamechanger
09-13-2008, 01:39 AM

Tom Brady(1)
Peyton Manning(4)....
Vince Young(1)
Matt Schaub(2)
Tony Romo(1)
Brodie Croyle(2)
Jon Kitna(1)
Jeff Garcia(1)

*sigh* its cute that you put them stats up (hell i ain't kno that the pro bowl counted also :confused:) but actually i've seen both of them (jammer and cromartie) get beat as much as they cover by the likes of:
Roy Williams
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Reggie Wayne
Justin Gage
SIDNEY RICE?!?! :shocked:
ROYDELL WILLIAMS?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:
REGGIE WILLIAMS?!?!?!!? :rolleyes:
Donte Stallworth
Randy Moss
Nate Burleson
Donald Driver

granted i'd give you Bolt's that game when we played at ya'lls house, no excuses on that we were without Clark, Harrison, and Gonzalez but still generated points

however I cannot give you the playoff game, that pick by Cromartie was tipped off the hands of Reggie

other than that it brings me to this point: your team is crippled without your big playmakers on D, Cromartie will be exposed this year, i'm not taking nothing away from him but Cromo will be gameplanned this year, expect to not have many INTs from him my boy

also, the best CB in run support is Ronde Barber, hands down

Nomad
09-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Swami choses Chargers 24-20!:ohwell:

omac
09-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Anyone else notice on the NFL.com and ESPN videos, they keep talking about how the Chargers can/will beat the Broncos? The Chargers have to do this, the Chargers will do that ..... do they just really want the Chargers to win, or after crapping on us all season, they fear we're actually the favorites? :confused:

Sotally Tober
09-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone else notice on the NFL.com and ESPN videos, they keep talking about how the Chargers can/will beat the Broncos? The Chargers have to do this, the Chargers will do that ..... do they just really want the Chargers to win, or after crapping on us all season, they fear we're actually the favorites? :confused:

Actually I think that is exactly what they're doing. The Chargers have too many "must do this" situations and Denver is a question mark to many based on the sheer fact that all ya did was pound an absolutely awful Raider team. They're basically making it sound like SD always comes through, which we both know is untrue.

Tned
09-13-2008, 12:40 PM

The only real, recent history that they have is the last two years. We were awful. The starters don't play much in pre-season, but obviously we played well.

Then you have week 1. The Broncos destroy the Raiders, 'but' it is the Raiders. While many expected the Raiders to be better this year, again, all you have is recent history.

Only ONCE, in the last 5 years have the Raiders won more than 4 games (4, 2 4, 5, 4).

So, while a few reporters (like on Sirius) have jumped on the Broncos bandwagon, most are taking a wait and see attitude, and I have seen a number of them that have said that how the Broncos play against SD will go along way to letting them know if what they saw on MNF was a great Broncos team, a horrible Raiders team or somewhere in between.

Dublin Bolt
09-14-2008, 05:57 AM
They will try to attack our linebackers.

Got news for em.

Champ will be on Gates.

McCree will be on Rivers.......green light all day.

We will double Jackson.

They will have to run.

Got news for them.

This ain't last year.
What about Chris Chambers?... single coverage?, safety?.... ouch watch out.

We will run too.

Lookin forward to a great game.

omac
09-14-2008, 07:01 AM
What about Chris Chambers?... single coverage?, safety?.... ouch watch out.

We will run too.

Lookin forward to a great game.

I've never been that impressed with SD's WRs; what I have been impressed with is their OL (and every other position, hehehe) that provides Rivers so much protection; probably one of the best in the league. When Rivers has all that time, even the best corners won't be able to keep up with the WRs, so to me, that OL makes the receivers look that much better, in the same way a weak DL makes good cornerbacks look bad. It's about the pressure, or lack of it, to the QB.

Dublin Bolt
09-14-2008, 07:11 AM
I've never been that impressed with SD's WRs; what I have been impressed with is their OL (and every other position, hehehe) that provides Rivers so much protection; probably one of the best in the league. When Rivers has all that time, even the best corners won't be able to keep up with the WRs, so to me, that OL makes the receivers look that much better, in the same way a weak DL makes good cornerbacks look bad. It's about the pressure, or lack of it, to the QB.
Our wideouts are the best we have had since the days of Tony Martin, Anthony Miller et al. Our O line is missing 2 starters so I am not all that hopeful of great protection until we get McNeill and Hardwick back.

If CC and VJ don't get ya, Legs or Floyd will.

Enjoy the game.

Reidman
09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
I have a feeling Cutler will have to get comfy in the pocket because they're gonna be closing down the outside to keep him contained (I'm sure they know the stats on Cutler's passer rating outside the pocket). I hate playing these guys. Seems like they've had our number the last few meetings. It's good that we got Marshall back but I think we need to establish the run game early to keep em' honest..