PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Tebow a dork?

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Have you seen him on TV today....dork alert!

Day1BroncoFan
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Third option; "Who cares"

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Third option; "Who cares"

You just jelly you didnt see it first.

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
If Tned, or someone could make this poll so guests would be able to vote, we could really get an accurate reading on people's opinion of this key issue.

Day1BroncoFan
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
You just jelly you didnt see it first.

:huh:

Northman
01-06-2011, 06:33 PM
No question.

The Experience
01-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Tebow is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

PAINTERDAVE
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll take Tebow being a "goofy" DORK ...
over Perrish Cox being a "cool" rapist any day of the week.

One is heading a multi million dollar foundation that helps kids worldwide...
the other is headed to the State Penitentary.

The felony charges include "sexual assault of a helpless victim"...
and carry up to a LIFE sentance.

Yeah... we are so used to the DUI's and the Wife Beaters...
it sure feels different to have a DORK on the team.

GB2

HORSEPOWER 56
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
His innocence, aww shucks attitude, and sincerely humble and nice personality makes him really seem like a Dork.

But...

Seeing the kind of trim always throwing themselves at him and how much of a badass he is on the field makes him anything but.

I voted yes, but in a good way...

camdisco24
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
If he's a dork that wins football games, i could care less!

Day1BroncoFan
01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I have to say he is not a dork, naive maybe, dork no.

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:38 PM

GB2

If rapists are cool, consider me James Van Der Beek

Buff
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
He's a total dork, and I feel bad for him that he hasn't even been able to fully enjoy all of his groupies since he is abstaining until marriage.

But if he wins games then I don't care what else he does.

Lancane
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
So what? Look at Farve and Elway, both were known for being playful with teammates, Farve is more of a dork though, or a clown. Look at Bradford even, I think that some are just that way while others are more stern and serious.

shank
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
If rapists are cool, consider me James Van Der Beek

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lem8nxTzE01qf8yek.gif

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Man, you guys are taking this thread waaaaaaay too serious.

champbronc2
01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Clip link please?

Source? lol

shank
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lefsxcQzPx1qf8yek.gif

Northman
01-06-2011, 06:51 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lem8nxTzE01qf8yek.gif

Moxon.

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Clip link please?

Source? lol

http://static.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Tim-Tebow-Baby.jpg VS. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8KQO8K4GRuM/SKoFTSInI7I/AAAAAAAAAho/vvnv8mMwK30/s320/kyle-orton-drinking-deadspin-com.bmp

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Moxon.

_I8ucLNE5WM

T.K.O.
01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
http://static.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Tim-Tebow-Baby.jpg VS. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8KQO8K4GRuM/SKoFTSInI7I/AAAAAAAAAho/vvnv8mMwK30/s320/kyle-orton-drinking-deadspin-com.bmp

i bet he could chuck that baby 60 yards !!!!:elefant:

sneakers
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
i bet he could chuck that baby 60 yards !!!!:elefant:

True. He would be like:

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a baby over them mountains?

T.K.O.
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
actually it looks like he's "bowling with babies"..........
what a meany !

atwater27
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Have you seen him on TV today....dork alert!

says the guy with the Oboe hero avy.

T.K.O.
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
True. He would be like:

we should start calling him "uncle tibo"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
He sure as HELL did not sound like a dork when he was miked up during the, I believe, Houston game :tsk: Off the field, he is quiet, humble, compassionate - does that equal Dork - NO

MileHighCrew
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
True. He would be like:

Not a question of over the mountain but if he could hit the side of one? JK as far a dork yes but in a very good way, chicks dig dorks.

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Not a question of over the mountain but if he could hit the side of one? JK as far a dork yes but in a very good way, chicks dig dorks.

Chicks dig the guy the dork is with......

sneakers
01-06-2011, 07:13 PM
we should start calling him "uncle tibo"

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3739/10484808.jpg

MileHighCrew
01-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Chicks dig the guy the dork is with......

Is this about Tebow or Quinn? :confused:

BeefStew25
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I am with Buff. The SEC had much to offer in wool, and while I appreciate his discipline, I would maybe like him a little more rounded.

Dreadnought
01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I am with Buff. The SEC had much to offer in wool, and while I appreciate his discipline, I would maybe like him a little more rounded.

It will help him maintain his competitive fire though. My old coach always said girls and sex sap your strength. I dunno about that myself (I'm frankly a bit doubtful), but I'm perfectly willing to let somebody else conduct that experiment for my benefit.

Girls do sometimes land stupid young NFL guys in court, so there is some benefit to his celibacy if it keeps him off of Goodelll's bad boy list.

zbeg
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
It will help him maintain his competitive fire though. My old coach always said girls and sex sap your strength. I dunno about that myself (I'm frankly a bit doubtful), but I'm perfectly willing to let somebody else conduct that experiment for my benefit.

Girls do sometimes land stupid young NFL guys in court, so there is some benefit to his celibacy if it keeps him off of Goodelll's bad boy list.

Doesn't seem to be slowing Tom Brady down any!

His wife is hot. Most athletes have insanely hot girlfriends/wives, and you really don't hear about many of them getting into trouble. Just a small few, but I don't think that's the girls' doing.

Dzone
01-06-2011, 09:01 PM
damn that pic of Orton with the Jack Daniels is classic...now thats a loser pic there..will take tebow any day over snotty drunk orton...(Now watch all the people get mad and say "How did this become an anti Orton thread?..LOL)

JPPT1974
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
As long as he can stay healthy and win games, plus keep himself out of trouble, that is all that matters.

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Is this about Tebow or Quinn? :confused:

Quinn's not a dork, you must have missed the post where someone said chicks dig dorks.

BeefStew25
01-06-2011, 09:04 PM

I think the best thing for him would be to find a little Filipino during a mission.

Dreadnought
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM

His wife is hot. Most athletes have insanely hot girlfriends/wives, and you really don't hear about many of them getting into trouble. Just a small few, but I don't think that's the girls' doing.

Well, see thats different. Brady is married, which is a mighty fine thing. Changes everything IMO. Unless, of course, they feel the need to text pics of their packages to sports reporters while married, but I suspect TT will be unlikely to go down that road.

In support of beef's point, a Filipino bride might suit him just fine. Some of them are flat out stunners

BeefStew25
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, see thats different. Brady is married, which is a mighty fine thing. Changes everything IMO. Unless, of course, they feel the need to text pics of their packages to sports reporters while married, but I suspect TT will be unlikely to go down that road.

In support of beef's point, a Filipino bride might suit him just fine. Some of them are flat out stunners

He just needs to find a woman who doesn't know who he is. And my mom is happily married.

zbeg
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM

Yeah, but Brady had to meet, date the hot girl before marrying her. And before he married her, he was dating some other super hot actress (and had a kid with her I believe).

I'm sure Tebow could have his pick of any number of extremely attractive women if he so desired.

topscribe
01-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, but Brady had to meet, date the hot girl before marrying her. And before he married her, he was dating some other super hot actress (and had a kid with her I believe).

I'm sure Tebow could have his pick of any number of extremely attractive women if he so desired.

In short, TT needs to get laid.

He needs to shed this pseudo-sainthood . . .

-----

zbeg
01-06-2011, 11:31 PM

-----

I don't know, maybe that's the source of his powers.

Northman
01-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Im looking at Tebow on ESPN right now and he reminds me of Tweeter from Varsity Blues. Pretty hilarious.

sneakers
01-07-2011, 12:21 AM

-----

Top, any women who tried to have sex with him would instantly die.

WARHORSE
01-07-2011, 01:20 AM
HMMMmmmm...........guess it depends on what your definition of a dork is.

He played like a LBer who had command of the huddle, could pass and knows how to score points and move an entire stadium. Is that what you meant by dork?

Dork is Brandon Marshall.......check videos. :coffee:

topscribe
01-07-2011, 09:18 AM

GB2

Well, in the sense that this word is being used, we mustn't forget Brian
Dawkins. Then there was Jason Elam before him and that Lynch fellow.
I think if we went up and down the roster, we would find some pretty
decent guys on the team.

But "dork" may be a pretty poor use of the term, anyway. Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nerd)
uses two words to define it: nerd and jerk. I would think Tebow is far from
being a jerk, and a nerd, according to the same reference work, is "an
unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person" -- not how Tebow would
want to be identified, I would think.

It actually gets even worse than that because the derivation of the word
is somewhat obscene: specifically, it is an alteration of dick. So, knowing
this, I don't any of them would want anything to do with that description . . .

-----

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh brother. I didn't see the video. always seemed like a pretty nice kid to me. Naiive? a dork? heck, I don't know about all of that. I dont' think being a virgin at his age (or really any age for that matter) makes you automatically either.

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Can someone genuinely good person without being called a dork? That doesn't mean by any stretch that he's perfect but being a nice person doesn't mean he's naive about the world.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Can someone genuinely good person without being called a dork? That doesn't mean by any stretch that he's perfect but being a nice person doesn't mean he's naive about the world.

I have anl issue with the notion of naiive held by many. If you don't go around manipulating people, but do go about obeying the law and living a life structured by personal standards and beliefs, you just "don't get it". I think alot of people self validate themselves as "smart" by screwing people over. I can name a few such members of this site, but I will not do that as that is not appropriate by my own morals and standards. Nor is it the topic of this thread.

MasterShake
01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone I wouldn't dare call a dork to their face due to the fact that they could pound me into the ground is not a dork... so, no.

topscribe
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM

GB2

For the second time I have quoted your post, I found an interesting
statement by Karl Mecklenburg about football players. Responding to a
comment and question by his interviewer in Denver Post's "Fan Mail," he
said:

I think you're wise to not make judgments from second-hand accounts. If your opinion of NFL players were only based solely on press reports you would assume we are all criminals dating Jessica Simpson. The vast majority of players in the NFL are good people. Character, leadership, courage, dedication makes a great football player and a great person.(Retrieved on 1/7/2011 from the Denver Post at: http://www.denverpost.com/fanmail/ci_17028115)

-----

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I have anl issue with the notion of naiive held by many. If you don't go around manipulating people, but do go about obeying the law and living a life structured by personal standards and beliefs, you just "don't get it". I think alot of people self validate themselves as "smart" by screwing people over. I can name a few such members of this site, but I will not do that as that is not appropriate by my own morals and standards. Nor is it the topic of this thread.

Tim is meek and that's not a bad thing by it's primary definition:

meek (mēk)

adjective

1.patient and mild; not inclined to anger or resentment
2.too submissive; easily imposed on; spineless; spiritless
3.Obsolete gentle or kind

http://www.yourdictionary.com/meek

Anyone I wouldn't dare call a dork to their face due to the fact that they could pound me into the ground is not a dork... so, no.

I don't think he would pound a milk shake into the ground. :D

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:01 AM
the meek shall inherit the earth. so basically in the end people like Tubby and Cswil will serve me is how I take that.

topscribe
01-07-2011, 11:06 AM
the meek shall inherit the earth. so basically in the end people like Tubby and Cswil will serve me is how I take that.

You seem already pretty well grounded . . . ;)

-----

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Those two will be serving a lot folks kind of like a fast food restaurant accept with better service and food that wont kill you.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
You seem already pretty well grounded . . . ;)

-----

well thank Top, but I was just saying that people like Cswil and Tubby who are alpha males in this life will get theirs in the afterlife from people like me who've been tormented by their very existence in this earthly life.

Northman
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Just had to bump. People need to relax.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Those two will be serving a lot folks kind of like a fast food restaurant accept with better service and food that wont kill you.

I pray for them both

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I pray for them both

As do I. You may want to add North to your pray list as well.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:30 AM
As do I. You may want to add North to your pray list as well.

North doesn't need any prayers. Without getting into specifics, he does not deserve what he has

Buff
01-07-2011, 11:38 AM
North doesn't need any prayers. Without getting into specifics, he does not deserve what he has

Kind of like you and your giant schlong?

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Even North needs prayers.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM

IF I had a giant schlong (not saying or suggesting that I do), why would I not deserve it?

TXBRONC

You've laid an eyeball on his junk? :shocked:

BroncoNut
Even North needs prayers.

of course he does. we all do. we all do

TXBRONC
01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
of course he does. we all do. we all do

:salute:

Buff
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
IF I had a giant schlong (not saying or suggesting that I do), why would I not deserve it?

Because you don't even like to sword skanks with it.

Imagine the use Claymore could get out of something that size.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM

that's what i thought you were getting at Buff. However, I wouldn't mind swording a few more skanks before I take the dirt nap. And I do try once in a while, if it's convenient enough and chances of anyone finding out are slim to none. I am watched like a hawk out here Buff. I need to be careful where I tread. I think It's because I am somewhat of a recluse, private and single and that I raise rabbits

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM

unfortunately the knee high tube sock is going out of style

elsid13
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe Tebow just isn't into girls....

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 12:55 PM

that's also possible. He very well may not be.

elsid13
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM

that's also possible. He very well may not be.

Not that there anything wrong with that.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Not that there anything wrong with that.

so you're gay too huh?

elsid13
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
so you're gay too huh?

No. Just a failure when it comes to landing the right young lady.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 01:03 PM
No. Just a failure when it comes to landing the right young lady.

yeah, me too I guess. Pamela Anderson just doesn't return my calls.

elsid13
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Think on the bright side, at least you won't get Hepatitis C. :D

Dapper Dan
01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
If the way he acted was the norm instead of 'dork-ish' then this world would be a better place.

topscribe
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM

I bet your wife will . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/nono.gif

-----

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I bet your wife will . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/nono.gif

-----
C'mon Top, we all know Nut is married to his dog.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
C'mon Top, we all know Nut is married to his dog.

and to 7 rabbits, and my job, and my house, and the Knights of Columbus

topscribe
01-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Um . . . the part about the Knights intrigues me. Okay, maybe the rabbits . . .

-----

Buff
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
So it looks like 47 dorks have voted in this poll. Quite the contingent of nerds at BF.

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
The KOC is a cruel mistress....

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The KOC is a cruel mistress....

It can be BDB. It can be a source of alot of my pain and anxiety sometimes. Shit, if it weren't for the KOC, I wouldnt' have roommates right now. And if not for the KOC, I wouldn't have knocked up the current Grand Knights daughter.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
You're all a bunch of dorks.

GEM
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Boys, boys could you take the talk about the size of your units to the lounge. TIA.

GEM
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
You're all a bunch of dorks.

Yes I am. I am fully aware of this, hence the user title. :D

GEM
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
It can be BDB. It can be a source of alot of my pain and anxiety sometimes. Shit, if it weren't for the KOC, I wouldnt' have roommates right now. And if not for the KOC, I wouldn't have knocked up the current Grand Knights daughter.

So when is the little nut expected?

MacGruder
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I see Tebow as geeky not dorky. Think Superman/Clark Kent.

Also, seems like he has one nerdy brother and one kind of jock type bother. Maybe Tebow's a fusion of both?

sneakers
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes I am. I am fully aware of this, hence the user title. :D

GEM being the resident dork of the forums, how did you vote?

GEM
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
GEM being the resident dork of the forums, how did you vote?

I say he isn't a dork.

sneakers
01-09-2011, 01:05 AM
I say he isn't a dork.

Perhaps you should watch him on interviews more instead of just on the field.

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:08 AM

He is a complete dork. One I would let my son date.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM
stop bumping this dork thread.

GEM
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM

I have. I think he is a guy of good moral and character. I think he stands for what he believes in and doesn't let outside influences change that. I don't think that makes him a dork. :shrugs: That's just my opinion though.

BeefStew25
01-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I have. I think he is a guy of good moral and character. I think he stands for what he believes in and doesn't let outside influences change that. I don't think that makes him a dork. :shrugs: That's just my opinion though.

He is band nerd.

GEM
01-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Dork:
http://www.thesmollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dork.jpg

Band Nerd:
http://www.kristenlandon.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/am04.jpg

Tim Tebow:
http://www.boncherry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tim-tebow.jpg

http://www.ibankcoin.com/rcblog/files/2009/01/tebow-girlfriend-2.jpg

sneakers
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
stop bumping this dork thread.

You know I will let this slide for 2 weeks until responding to your post.

DenBronx
01-09-2011, 02:02 AM
You know I will let this slide for 2 weeks until responding to your post.

i'm banned for two weeks?

shit!

fine... tebows a dork then. and he's also very "raw" as a qb.

sneakers
01-09-2011, 02:38 AM
i'm banned for two weeks?

shit!

fine... tebows a dork then. and he's also very "raw" as a qb.

Yes! I win! :D

Bozo Jr.
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3739/10484808.jpg

LMFAO:laugh:

Bozo Jr.
01-09-2011, 10:49 AM

Does Brady request a few refs in the bedroom? Does he ask for the flag when she gets a little rough with him? You know, gotta protect those QB's. :cool:

chazoe60
01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Does Brady request a few refs in the bedroom? Does he ask for the flag when she gets a little rough with him? You know, gotta protect those QB's. :cool:

"No low blows to the QB ma'am, he'll need his legs for the playoffs."

BroncoJoe
01-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Gem, I would think you'd want him to be a dork.

GEM
01-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Gem, I would think you'd want him to be a dork.

Nah. He's not my type. :lol: I need a little bit of bad in any guy.

chazoe60
01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Nah. He's not my type. :lol: I need a little bit of bad in any guy.

*puts on black leather jacket and hops on Vespa*

So you're saying I got a shot?

BroncoNut
01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't see many of Tim's interviews. In what way does he come off as a dork?

I Eat Staples
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I hope Tebow's sister gave you permission to post that picture Gem.

KCL
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
He isn't a dork but some of the Tebow lovers sure come across as one.

BroncoNut
01-10-2011, 10:04 AM

I think that is a pretty keen observation KCL.

BroncoNut
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
I hope Tebow's sister gave you permission to post that picture Gem.

In her Avy? that is GEM. Beef knew Tebow's sister in college.

sneakers
01-11-2011, 04:26 AM

Some Tebow fans (you know who!) come across as this:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f68/41954d1164066025-omg-brian-peppers-nnnnnbpfk3.jpg

Bozo Jr.
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Some Tebow fans (you know who!) come across as this:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f68/41954d1164066025-omg-brian-peppers-nnnnnbpfk3.jpg

ahhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Could his name start with a J? Is he currently spamming over at the Mane?

KCL
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
ahhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Could his name start with a J? Is he currently spamming over at the Mane?

His (It could be a her) name starts with
an M...Could be the same person...who knows? who cares?