PDA

View Full Version : Report: Andrew Luck to stay at Stanford

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Mods can move it if you want, but since Luck is one of the most wanted men by some Broncos fans I'm putting it here:

"Wow: Jon Wilner reports that Stanford is about to announce that Andrew Luck will STAY at school for 2011 season."

www.twitter.com/timkawakami

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
My reaction: Thank God. If this is true we can forget about Luck and focus on fixing the defense and keeping Tebow as our QB of the future.

Clipworthy
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
wow, poor panthers

Northman
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Great news for Bronco nation.

Foochacho
01-06-2011, 02:40 PM
:defense:

Northman
wow, poor panthers

Meh, there is still a slew of QB's they can select from if they choose to go that route.

Nick
Wow, that will cost him millions.

BroncoJoe
This is exactly what I thought he would do from day one of the Luck talk.

Foochacho
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
wow, poor panthers

What do u mean? They have the great Jimmy Clausen.

EMB6903
I bet Carolina fan base is crushed right now.

now Bowers goes to Carolina.

BroncoWave

People said the same thing about Bradford. Although if they put in a rookie pay scale you would be correct. Regardless, he will make millions playing pro ball either way, and a Stanford education is quite valuable itself if football for some reason didn't pan out.

EMB6903

it didnt cost Bradford millions, and he got hurt.

Nick
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
People said the same thing about Bradford. Although if they put in a rookie pay scale you would be correct. Regardless, he will make millions playing pro ball either way, and a Stanford education is quite valuable itself if football for some reason didn't pan out.

That is what i mean. Big possibility with that rookie pay scale and not worth the risk for him.

lgenf
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I bet Carolina fan base is crushed right now.

now Bowers goes to Carolina.

not necessarily, they still need a QB and may take a look closer at Mallet or one of the others now, or they may come calling on the Titans for VY

EMB6903
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
That is what i mean. Big possibility with that rookie pay scale and not worth the risk for him.

and what I love about it is thats not really important to him.

BroncoWave

But since the CBA ends before the draft anyway, wouldn't the new rookie payscale also apply to this current class? If so, Luck's decision wouldn't make much of a difference money-wise.

BroncoJoe

If it happens, it will be implemented immediately, so it doesn't really matter if he comes out this year or next.

EMB6903
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
not necessarily, they still need a QB and may take a look closer at Mallet or one of the others now, or they may come calling on the Titans for VY

They already have two project QB's in Clausen and Moore, why take Mallett/Gabbert?

TXBRONC
Great news for Bronco nation.

Is it? What if they decide to take Bowers? Are the two defensive tackles in this draft worth the 2nd overall pick? I know there is that defensive back but I still think we need to fix the defensive line first.

Clipworthy
now panthers can take fairley and remove that from the denver table:cool:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2011, 02:46 PM
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will return for his junior season and skip the 2011 NFL draft, the school announced on Thursday.

"I am committed to earning my degree in architectural design from Stanford University and am on track to accomplish this at the completion of the spring quarter of 2012", Luck said in a statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754

Northman
01-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Is it? What if they decide to take Bowers? Are the two defensive tackles in this draft worth the 2nd overall pick. I know there is that defensive back but I still think we need to fix the defensive line first.

Are the 2 DT's worth the #2 pick? Um, yep.

JONtheBRONCO
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Nerd.

EMB6903
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
assuming Bowers is now the #1 pick I dont mind taking Fairley at 2 and Heyward in the 2nd round (if hes there) that shores up the end position for the next decade.

Nick
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Only person I see worth a #1 selection is Peterson now.

Panthers are hating life right now. No value on trading back and if getting QB would have to reach a great deal.

Have a nice trip to Carolina Da'Quan Bowers...

Nick
01-06-2011, 02:50 PM
But since the CBA ends before the draft anyway, wouldn't the new rookie payscale also apply to this current class? If so, Luck's decision wouldn't make much of a difference money-wise.

Not on this draft

Nick
01-06-2011, 02:50 PM
If it happens, it will be implemented immediately, so it doesn't really matter if he comes out this year or next.

They discussed thourough tons of times on radio, would not affect this draft class.

slim
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
It will be interesting to see the impact the new CBA has on this type of thing.

I bet we start to see a lot more kids stay in school, especially if they have a shot at a title.

Nick
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
It will be interesting to see the impact the new CBA has on this type of thing.

I bet we start to see a lot more kids stay in school, especially if they have a shot at a title.

I would think exact opposite.

rookie pay scale while it would go in affect 2011 will not have an affect until the 2012 draft

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I think Bowers, Fairley, and Dareus are all worthy of going #2, so I don't think it's that big a deal to the Broncos if the Panthers take one of those players.

slim
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I would think exact opposite.

rookie pay scale while it would go in affect 2011 will not have an affect until the 2012 draft

Maybe I misunderstood what you posted?

If they dramatically devalue draft pick compensation, you don't think more kids will stay in school?

Nomad
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Good for him!! It'll be fun watching him at Stanford next year.....perhaps Harbaugh is staying put as well!!

topscribe
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Good for him!! It'll be fun watching him at Stanford next year.....perhaps Harbaugh is staying put as well!!

Yes, I'm happy for Luck. Not so much for the Broncos.

And I'm glad Stanford is going to the northern part of the Pac12 split this
year (it is this year, I think?) since I'm a U of A fan . . .

-----

TXBRONC
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Are the 2 DT's worth the #2 pick? Um, yep.

I just took at FF Toolbox's scouting reports on Dareus and Fairley they both sound like great prospects.

Nomad
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, I'm happy for Luck. Not so much for the Broncos.

And I'm glad Stanford is going to the northern part of the Pac12 split this
year (it is this year, I think?) since I'm a U of A fan . . .

-----

Well, like they just said on 87.7, the BRONCOS get a year to see what Tebow can do (if there's a season) and if Elway isn't sold then he sells the farm to get Luck (if he's still the 'can't miss' QB).

LSU & WAZZU!! :woot:

G_Money
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Good for him. His family has some cash, so money's not an issue.

He has a chance to win a national title next year if Harbaugh comes back and they can survive the line turnover, so that's probably appealing.

He wants his degree.

And you're only in college once. Enjoy it. ;)

Dareus is the DT I want, but Fairly is also great - but I'd rather trade back for either of them. We'll see if moving around is possible. My guess is no, so you just draft one of em and call it good.

~G

DenBronx
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
good, i'm glad he's staying.

now we can shoot this thing and put it to rest. it was getting tiresome reading all the luck threads when we never needed him.

now can we get back to talking defense?

topscribe
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, like they just said on 87.7, the BRONCOS get a year to see what Tebow can do (if there's a season) and if Elway isn't sold then he sells the farm to get Luck (if he's still the 'can't miss' QB).

LSU & WAZZU!! :woot:

That would sound more like a McDaniels move to me . . .

-----

topscribe
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM

now we can shoot this thing and put it to rest. it was getting tiresome reading all the luck threads when we never needed him.

That is essentially talking about defense because Luck's decision probably
takes one of the choices among defenders away from the Broncos . . .

-----

JDL
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
My reaction: Thank God. If this is true we can forget about Luck and focus on fixing the defense and keeping Tebow as our QB of the future.

I just don't get this opinion... we weren't getting Luck... Carolina was NOT passing ever no way no how. So, it never affected us that way but a lot of fans (supporters of Tebow) were really insecure about it. The only thing it does is open some doubt as to who will be there when we pick.

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
A beat writer I follow for Mississippi State made a really good point on the reaction to Luck staying:

"Never seen so much hypocrisy over one story (Luck). We mock the term "student-athlete," then mock a kid who actually embodies it."

www.twitter.com/bradlocke

Northman
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I just took at FF Toolbox's scouting reports on Dareus and Fairley they both sound like great prospects.

Indeed. I dont think we can go wrong with either of them. In my mind we can take Fairly or trade down a little bit and snag Dareus and gain a few picks.

robert ethan
01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Well, it gives the league a chance to assess Luck without most of the O line that allowed only 12 sacks in 2 years, and maybe Jimmy Hardball. I really don't think he is better than a handful of other QBs in this draft.

WARHORSE
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
By the time the draft rolls around, Robert Quinn will be atop a lot of peoples boards if hes healthy.

Bowers will now undoubtedly go number one I believe at this point.

I think we take Fairley and then a rush LBer atop round two.

Or Quinn and then a thick DT in round two.

Fairley or Quinn would make me very happy.

Peterson would be okay, but only if Champ stays and we move down a couple securing more picks.

Dzone
01-06-2011, 04:24 PM
A shoulder injury could cost Luck tens of million$. Am sure he has a Loyds of London Policy on himself. Doesnt make a lot of since for him not to come out, but oh well.

jlarsiii
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
A shoulder injury could cost Luck tens of million$. Am sure he has a Loyds of London Policy on himself. Doesnt make a lot of since for him not to come out, but oh well.

Normally I would agree with your statement, but Bradford basically returned, hurt his shoulder, and still managed to get drafted #1 overall so the new precedent has been set.

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
This could change the shape of the draft. Who do you think Carolina takes first overall?

I really have no idea, but if I were them I'd give Claussen another year now and if not try for Luck or the next top prospect next year.

pipes
01-06-2011, 04:30 PM
E
What do u mean? They have the great Jimmy Clausen.

Which means the Panthers will get Luck next year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Normally I would agree with your statement, but Bradford basically returned, hurt his shoulder, and still managed to get drafted #1 overall so the new precedent has been set.

No, thats not a precedent. Thats just being lucky.

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 04:31 PM
This could change the shape of the draft. Who do you think Carolina takes first overall?

I really have no idea, but if I were them I'd give Claussen another year now and if not try for Luck or the next top prospect next year.

They could reach for someone like Gabbert or Mallet at 1, but they's probably stay safe and just get someone like Bowers. Which is fine with me if the Broncos just take Fairley at 2.

And hell, there's a good chance they could have the worst record again and have a shot at Luck next season.

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
No, thats not a precedent. Thats just being lucky.

If Luck is this mega-prospect that you like to claim then he should still go #1 next year regardless if he gets hurt or not.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Carolina has to be slumped over, right now, in pain. I mean, a year that losing this much could actually be the BEST thing for your team, and it slips away.

Now watch Oakland end up with the worse record.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
If Luck is this mega-prospect that you like to claim then he should still go #1 next year regardless if he gets hurt or not.

Thats just ridiculous, nd you know it.

Also, I'm not the only one making the claim..... might do some reading from those in the scouting business. Could do you some good.

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Thats just ridiculous, nd you know it.

Also, I'm not the only one making the claim..... might do some reading from those in the scouting business. Could do you some good.

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'll rephrase though. If he is this mega-prospect that all the scouts claim, he should have no problem going #1 again next year, regardless of if he gets hurt or not.

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I think he goes #1 even if he gets injured, unless there's another amazing prospect that comes out that I don't know about. Bradford went first overall with his shoulder injury and he wasn't as good a pro prospect as Luck is.

silkamilkamonico
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Just complete speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if he's being told that there will more than likely be a lockout next year?

camdisco24
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
So glad we can get back to talking about what the BRONCOS really need!
:defense::defense::defense:

Northman
01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
They could reach for someone like Gabbert or Mallet at 1, but they's probably stay safe and just get someone like Bowers. Which is fine with me if the Broncos just take Fairley at 2.

And hell, there's a good chance they could have the worst record again and have a shot at Luck next season.

Indeed. Although it does change the draft it also changes it for a lot of teams who would want to trade up. Most of the other QB's in the draft can be had later in the draft so Carolina's bargaining chip is now gone. Sure, someone could still try and trade up for one of the defensive guys but Carolina still has a lot of holes so they will probably take Peterson or Bowers.

Skinny
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Carolinas defense is actually pretty good. It's just hard to tell when their on the feild for 60 plays a game because their offense sucks so bad.

claymore
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont believe this yet. Carolina has to be pissed. Worst case scenario we see what Tebow can do this year. I hope he sucks, or tears it up. I dont want any room for interpratation.

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
We might be bad enough to have the first overall pick and take Luck next year if Tebow fails.

bcbronc
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Too earlyt to start the "tank for Luck" campaign? ;)

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM

See.... Here's MY thought about this whole damn thing....

He wants to stay and finish a Arch Design degree.... Good for him... BUT.

I coached college, and had 3 Arch Design majors on our team..... They all changed majors because the average homework load is about 50-60 hours/week....

NOW.... I understnad that he's pretty smart, but who thinks he can fit more hours in the day.....?

IMHO... he does NOT want to go to Carolina

claymore
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM

I coached college, and had 3 Arch Design majors on our team..... They all changed majors because the average homework load is about 50-60 hours/week....

NOW.... I understnad that he's pretty smart, but who thinks he can fit more hours in the day.....?

I agree a 100%. If thats the case, and there are behind the scenes negotiations, Carolina is bent over a barrel on this. If they want to get a free pick and their guy, they can trade with Denver, and Luck will change his mind.

I wonder if Elway met with luck??? He wasnt an official Bronco at the time, so it wouldnt be against the rules.

Northman
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM

No offense, but not every decision has alternate motives. He may very well just want to finish his degree. :lol:

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
No offense, but not every decision has alternate motives. He may very well just want to finish his degree. :lol:

Very true.... But ask ANY Arch Design major and guess what they tell you...

#1- You have NO time other than being in studio/ workshop trying to get a grade in one of the most competitive fields of study.

#2- You have no time other than re-doing your work and trying to complete tasks given to you in very short timetables....

#3- You have no time period.....

NOW..... try and somehow be the starting qb at a D-I school with no time left in the day to:

lift
watch tape
practice
travel to and from games.....

No way is it for the "Education".... I have seen those pasty white kids who are Arch Design majors....

TXBRONC
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't know if has ulterior motives or not but what I do know is that Carolina has/had every intention of drafting him.

Northman
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Very true.... But ask ANY Arch Design major and guess what they tell you...

#1- You have NO time other than being in studio/ workshop trying to get a grade in one of the most competitive fields of study.

#2- You have no time other than re-doing your work and trying to complete tasks given to you in very short timetables....

#3- You have no time period.....

NOW..... try and somehow be the starting qb at a D-I school with no time left in the day to:

lift
watch tape
practice
travel to and from games.....

No way is it for the "Education".... I have seen those pasty white kids who are Arch Design majors....

Please, you think Luck is the first kid to take on a heavy amount of schoolwork? The difference is athletes dont get treated the same as regular students when it comes to college. Thats not speculation, thats just a fact. So whatever the regular kids in the classes have to do the same just does not apply to student athletes. Peyton Manning stayed in school when he didnt have to also. These conspiracy theories are comical.

PAINTERDAVE
01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

There are a ton of folks on the radio saying Luck is an idiot.

The rookie cap is going to be in effect for this class... bet on it.
The Owners will insist on this point. The players want it as well...
they are tired of Jamarcus Russel getting multi millions while
guys like Lloyd play for a decade for peanuts.

The rookie cap WILL be in effect before any drafted rookie inks any deal.

Sam Bradford was projected at #1... he stayed in...
got hurt...
still got drafted at # 1.

Say Luck wins the Heisman...
gets his degree...
has a good year...
and still gets picked early...
how does that make him an idiot?

Heck... maybe Luck does not WANT to be the #1 pick and play for Carolina...
or say next year... Detroit.

Maybe he would rather be picked later and go to a good team..
still make great money over his career...
and not have so much pressure.

I mean if the Kid is a "Cant miss NFL caliber QB"...
like every clown insists... then why cant he be that same sure thing in a year...
but even more experienced and mature?

You cant have it both ways...
He cant be the solid guy who a team can count on for the next decade...
AND a wimpy little kid who is gonna fold and just made a huge mistake.

It aint my lookout... but I like the kids integrity and what he decided makes him a great guy,
who does not bow to the "experts" or worship at the throne of the bankers.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I think he is being a BIGGER fool if he made this decision based on not wanting to go to Carolina. Who knows where he could end up next year, Oakland, Jacksonville, Cincinatti, Buffalo or getting even worse... Cleveland?? Carolina has a good running game, and nice weather with fantastic golf courses. Go to Carolina before you end up in one of these other cities.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
He's not going to be picked later. Whomever has the #1 pick next year, will be taking Andrew Luck. I promise you this now (barring bad injury).

PAINTERDAVE
01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
We might be bad enough to have the first overall pick and take Luck next year if Tebow fails.

Seriously doubt it.

I mean SERIOUSLY doubt it.

My thinking that the team just might be as good as 8 and 8..
is as valid as your thinking we'd be picking first next season.

Neither of us knows what will happen...
need a new head coach...

but I would bet, seriously bet, that the 2011 Broncos win
MORE games than the 2010 Broncos did.

BroncoWave
01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
He's not going to be picked later. Whomever has the #1 pick next year, will be taking Andrew Luck. I promise you this now (barring bad injury).

Exactly, so why are you giving him so much crap for staying in school since he's going to be the #1 pick anyway?

So he's delaying his money by a year, big whoop. I think he'll manage until then.

robert ethan
01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Luck's best GPA in college (3.55) is the same as Tebow's 4 year average. Plus Luck went to the best prep schools on two continents before entering while Tim was taught by his Mom.

PAINTERDAVE
01-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I think he is being a BIGGER fool if he made this decision based on not wanting to go to Carolina. Who knows where he could end up next year, Oakland, Jacksonville, Cincinatti, Buffalo or getting even worse... Cleveland?? Carolina has a good running game, and nice weather with fantastic golf courses. Go to Carolina before you end up in one of these other cities.

I'll take him at his word...
he wants the degree.

His dad is wealthy....
I just dont think the difference to him between

15 million this year
and 12 million one year later is a deciding factor for him.

I can also imagine him wanting to learn, grow,
and be more mature before jumping in with the big boys.

There is a lot to be said about being the big fish in a small pond.

Day1BroncoFan
01-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank GOD, now I don't have to read any more talk about us drafting Luck.

Tebow666
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
good for him... i wouldnt want to go to carolina either or have to compete for the job against Tebow LMAO!

claymore
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Luck's best GPA in college (3.55) is the same as Tebow's 4 year average. Plus Luck went to the best prep schools on two continents before entering while Tim was taught by his Mom.

Yeah cause a degree in "family, youth, and community sciences" at UF is just as hard as architectural design from Stanford University. Sweet geebus.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah cause a degree in "family, youth, and community sciences" at UF is just as hard as architectural design from Stanford University. Sweet geebus.

:lol: :lol: Not to mention, Stanford actually expects their athletes to show up to class!

robert ethan
01-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Tebow had a 3.66 GPA, and was twice named ACADEMIC ALL AMERICAN at his position. Which is twice more than Luck has managed so far. Maybe if he stays for his last two years of elibibility he can match Tim's achievement.

claymore
01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tebow had a 3.66 GPA, and was twice named ACADEMIC ALL AMERICAN at his position. Which is twice more than Luck has managed so far. Maybe if he stays for his last two years of elibibility he can match Tim's achievement.

:laugh:

Nick
01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Your right, he had a 3.5 i believe...

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM

Tebow's grades his last semester-

Bikini inspecting -94.3%

Sand Castle Architecture- 82.9%

Advanced Golfing theory- 100%

Drinks with umbrellas- 91.2%

Weightlifting- Pass- ( he took it pass/fail)

Northman
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, one thing is for certain. There is never a shortage of Denver fans slamming a Bronco QB for one reason or another. Now we are trying to imply that Tebow is an idiot. Awesome. You guys should feel proud.

atwater27
01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Sweet! Now if we suck with Tebow as the starter next season, we'll have a chance at Luck again. And if we don't suck, we won't need him! It's a win win for everyone. Cept Carolina.

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, one thing is for certain. There is never a shortage of Denver fans slamming a Bronco QB for one reason or another. Now we are trying to imply that Tebow is an idiot. Awesome. You guys should feel proud.

Are you freaking kidding??? I would KILLED to have had that semester....

D. Moore
01-06-2011, 07:16 PM

cosign

Buff
01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I said this in the other Luck thread, but this one seems to be getting more play. I was pretty confident our front office wasn't going to take Luck anyway, so I think this hurts us because now Carolina might decide to take the best defensive player available (who might also be our #1 guy)... Thinking Bowers.

I'd still be happy with Fairley or Dareus, but I'd rather have one more guy to choose from in a perfect world.

claymore
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM

When he goes to the pro bowl as a QB I will apologize. Im a little anxious cause I dont want another McDaniels decision to screw us for years.

If we can get a GOOD OC in here I will feel alot better.

robert ethan
01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, we know one thing for certain, Blaine Gabbert is a hell of a lot smarter than Andrew Luck.

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 09:14 PM
When he goes to the pro bowl as a QB I will apologize. Im a little anxious cause I dont want another McDaniels decision to screw us for years.

That's not necessary. He doesn't have to be the brightest guy in the world to make the pro bowl.

On a side note, robert ethan, please teach me how to troll as good as you.

BroncoStud
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM

With the money Luck would have made he wouldn't need another day in school to be a multi-millionaire for the rest of his life. I think this has more to do with going to Carolina than anything else. Who in their right mind would want to QB that team? Apparently not Andrew Luck. :salute:

Skinny
01-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I said this in the other Luck thread, but this one seems to be getting more play. I was pretty confident our front office wasn't going to take Luck anyway, so I think this hurts us because now Carolina might decide to take the best defensive player available (who might also be our #1 guy)... Thinking Bowers.

I'd still be happy with Fairley or Dareus, but I'd rather have one more guy to choose from in a perfect world.I agree, and there might be a case for Fairley as well if he's a target for us. I think we can get a good idea of what the Panthers will do in their decision with DE Charles Johnson in that regard. He's a FA, just had a breakout season and will be looking for his payday. If they resign him that may take Bowers off the top of their list. If they don't Bowers is a real possibility. Their pretty high on DE Greg Hardy who showed flashes and they started bringing in DE Norwood on passing downs who they were also high on. So they have some young talent there are go opposite Johnson. Their DT position not so much. But all this was with the old staff too.

Northman
01-06-2011, 10:40 PM

Sorry to say Clay, thats moronic even on your level mate. Expecting a pro bowl after 3 games? Jay didnt get his until year 3 so i think your expectations are a bit premature at this point. :lol::lol:

BigSarge87
01-06-2011, 11:25 PM
I would be interested to hear your opinions on if Luck's decision to stay in school alters Harbaugh's opinion about coaching in Denver. Just seen on ESPN ticker he plans on meeting with the Broncos now. I hadn't heard that before today.

I know he's going to cost an arm and a leg, but Bowlen doesn't seem like the kind of owner that lets his coaching budget dictate these decisions. If he feels Harbaugh is the guy, he might just give the order to Ellis/Elway to make it happen. Especially since the candidate list is shrinking by the minute.

Lonestar
01-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Mods can move it if you want, but since Luck is one of the most wanted men by some Broncos fans I'm putting it here:

"Wow: Jon Wilner reports that Stanford is about to announce that Andrew Luck will STAY at school for 2011 season."

www.twitter.com/timkawakami

Glad to hear it he should get his degree because he will need a career to fall back on once he is no longer in the NFL.

BroncoStud
01-07-2011, 02:31 AM
I would be interested to hear your opinions on if Luck's decision to stay in school alters Harbaugh's opinion about coaching in Denver. Just seen on ESPN ticker he plans on meeting with the Broncos now. I hadn't heard that before today.

I know he's going to cost an arm and a leg, but Bowlen doesn't seem like the kind of owner that lets his coaching budget dictate these decisions. If he feels Harbaugh is the guy, he might just give the order to Ellis/Elway to make it happen. Especially since the candidate list is shrinking by the minute.

I think if Harbaugh is the next coach it will be Elway convincing Bowlen to make it happen, John seems to really favor Harbaugh over the others.

TimBuff10
01-07-2011, 02:31 AM

You sound like a fool... Stanford and UF are two different animals.

TimBuff10
01-07-2011, 02:37 AM
I believe Luck still has till the 15th or maybe it was the 25th to change his mind and make it official.

If he didnt want to go to Carolina but wanted to follow Harbaugh to DEN this would be the first logical step - sound a little indecisive and tell other teams you just dont want to go to Carolina. If Harbaugh ends up here, all he has to do is tell his agents to tell Carolina that he won't sign with them and they either won't draft him or will draft and trade him to the team that he would agree to sign with.

All the kid has to do is tell his agent where he wants to go and if that team wants him, they can make it happen.

Elevation inc
01-07-2011, 07:36 AM
nick fairley or patrick peterson welcome to denver

Nomad
01-07-2011, 08:00 AM
nick fairley or patrick peterson welcome to denver

Peterson plays tonight and Fairley plays Monday Night!!

How was the move INC??

Juriga72
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
WOW...... Take a look at this and tell me a football player with HIS demands could do it...

http://soe.stanford.edu/ughb/handbooks/04-05/programs/ad200405.pdf