PDA

View Full Version : 2011 worry

Juriga72
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok.....
Lets talk about Doom in 2011.....

Doom in Nolan's 3-4 Pro Bowl player- 49 tackles (42 and 7 asst) 17 sacks

Cameron Wake- Pro Bowl player in Nolans 3-4 d 48-9 14.5 sacks

Can he be Doom again in 2011? IF he goes back to a 4-3..... or even if he's IN a 3-4 will he make that impact again?

horsepig
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Hell yeah. Do you remember Fred Dean? Exact same type player, too short, too small, just got after qbs like his ****** hair was on fire. Forget the coach, unless he's an idiot he'll turn Doom loose all the time.

I love guys like Doom, they are people who just make things happen. I think TT is one oif those guys, by the by.

Juriga72
01-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Hell yeah. Do you remember Fred Dean? Exact same type player, too short, too small, just got after qbs like his ****** hair was on fire. Forget the coach, unless he's an idiot he'll turn Doom loose all the time.

I love guys like Doom, they are people who just make things happen. I think TT is one oif those guys, by the by.

I liked Stepfanie Kramer better....Dean was ok.... I hope Doom comes back on fire. I look at what Urlacher is doing this year in Chicago after missing LAST year... man..... man I would love to see a repeat of 2009 for Elvis

horsepig
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm showing my age JURIGA, I don't even know who Stephanie (sounds like my daughter's friend) is. LMFAO.

dogfish
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
bring back nolan as assistant HC/defense. . . solved!

cuzz4169
01-05-2011, 09:44 PM
If we went to 4-3 I'd like to see doom at Lb in a Derrick Thomas type mold in a nickle or dime he goes to DE.

I Eat Staples
01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Dumervil simply cannot play anywhere except OLB in a 3-4. I'm not high on him at all, and our run defense gets even worse when he's in there.

camdisco24
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Dumervil simply cannot play anywhere except OLB in a 3-4. I'm not high on him at all, and our run defense gets even worse when he's in there.

I think he'll prove you wrong Staples.... What makes you say our run D gets worse with him in there??

I Eat Staples
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I think he'll prove you wrong Staples.... What makes you say our run D gets worse with him in there??

Because he's a liability against the run, that's what you get with him. Bad in coverage, horrible against the run, but he eats QBs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I like him at OLB, I wouldn't want him anywhere else.

It's not just him, either. Players like him are rarely good at stopping the run as well. Take Freeny and Mathis for example. The Colts are an awful run defense because they have two speed ends that get to QBs but can't stop the run. Obviously a player like that is better suited for 3-4 OLB, so I hope we keep the scheme and Doom excels there again.

underrated29
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Dude I seriously think you are a closet raider fan or have just switched to watching football from water polo. Because you takes are some of the worst ever!

You hate knowshon, you think Tebow sucks and Orton is better. And now you think DOOM, of all people who has PRODUCED since day 1 in the 4-3 no less...Where I think he has only racked up tops of league sacks in his career.

I think those staples might have closed you eyes shut.

Juriga72
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm showing my age JURIGA, I don't even know who Stephanie (sounds like my daughter's friend) is. LMFAO.

Dean was on a really bad 1980's cop show named Hunter.. Kramer was the hot Itailian chick sidekick...

dogfish
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM

i can see how you wouldn't be high on a franchise record 17 sacks. . .

:whoknows:

atwater27
01-05-2011, 11:21 PM

In case you don't remember, he got double digit sacks in the 4-3 as well.

arapaho2
01-06-2011, 12:27 PM

totaly not backed up up by the 5 spot slide in rushing defense without doom:coffee:

I Eat Staples
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Dude I seriously think you are a closet raider fan or have just switched to watching football from water polo. Because you takes are some of the worst ever!

You hate knowshon, you think Tebow sucks and Orton is better. And now you think DOOM, of all people who has PRODUCED since day 1 in the 4-3 no less...Where I think he has only racked up tops of league sacks in his career.

I think those staples might have closed you eyes shut.

i can see how you wouldn't be high on a franchise record 17 sacks. . .

:whoknows:

The reason I'm not high on him is because we're overpaying him. He's a great pass rusher, but he's one dimensional. Not worth that kind of money.

totaly not backed up up by the 5 spot slide in rushing defense without doom:coffee:

Not only did we overachieve last year, but we lost our only good DC in forever and our D-Line completely sucked.

EMB6903
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
The reason I'm not high on him is because we're overpaying him. He's a great pass rusher, but he's one dimensional. Not worth that kind of money.

I'd agree with you on saying Dumervil is one dimensional, but that one thing hes great at is so hard to find in players. Hes definately worth his the contract we have him if he can average around 13+ sacks a year regardless of how much a liability he is against the run.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
So this is how we fix it. When Miami signs Harbuagh, they'll fire Sparano. We hire Sparano who brings Nolan back to Denver with him. Doom had a career year under Nolan.

Bring in Sparano/Nolan! :werd:

camdisco24
01-06-2011, 06:40 PM
So this is how we fix it. When Miami signs Harbuagh, they'll fire Sparano. We hire Sparano who brings Nolan back to Denver with him. Doom had a career year under Nolan.

Bring in Sparano/Nolan! :werd:

I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

Might be far fetched, but I'd love Nolan back in Denver.

Plus, idk why Miami wants Sparano out. He's done a phenomenal job with that team since he took over. I mean they flat out sucked when he took the reigns and now there are at least on the upswing. I think he could do well here.

Juriga72
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Damn Skippy^^^^^^