PDA

View Full Version : good video players to study a game

haroldthebarrel
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I downloaded the game from tenyardtorrents.
Now, I usually use vlc but the only player I could use was nero showtime.
It doesnt matter as when I rewind all these player go back ca a minute when I try to slow-mo the play time and again to study the formation and the offensive line.
That sucks.

So the question is, are there any great FREE video players that rewinds pr second so I could use it when studying tape?

Please don't say you use a normal dvd-player or whatever since I dont have that opportunity.

thanks.

NameUsedBefore
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Uh, don't most video players allow you to pause, re-wind, run in slo-mo/fast, etc.?

haroldthebarrel
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Uh, don't most video players allow you to pause, re-wind, run in slo-mo/fast, etc.?

when you rewind it takes you back to the last cache point I think. And those are usually at least thirty seconds behind.

NameUsedBefore
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
when you rewind it takes you back to the last cache point I think. And those are usually at least thirty seconds behind.

Did you download the game as a video file or something else?

haroldthebarrel
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Did you download the game as a video file or something else?

its an mp4 file, but I have had the same problem with all the matches I have downloaded I reckon.

NameUsedBefore
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
its an mp4 file, but I have had the same problem with all the matches I have downloaded I reckon.

Have you tried opening it with some other media player? Quicktime/Windows MP both allow pretty decent control over what you are seeing.

haroldthebarrel
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Have you tried opening it with some other media player? Quicktime/Windows MP both allow pretty decent control over what you are seeing.

you need the codec packs. VLC usually have the most codecs. Actually nero showtime player has even more.

NameUsedBefore
09-11-2008, 04:43 PM
you need the codec packs. VLC usually have the most codecs. Actually nero showtime player has even more.

Oh shit... Codecs. Yeah **** that, I get nothing but trouble when trying to tinker with those.

Dunno how to help you then; once I see codecs I usually just give up or settle with what I have. Too much trouble for me.

studbucket
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
First off, tenyardtorrents rocks! Everyone should sign up there.

Second, I have never used a media player that has what you are looking for, but a 5-minute google search led me to Sigma Player, see if that fits your needs.