PDA

View Full Version : Lockout would make Broncos' players do their own homework

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
The Broncos will have plenty of new faces on their roster next season, but with the NFL's uncertain labor situation, the team will hope players do their homework.

If no new collective bargaining agreement is signed before March — the April draft is the last item on the current deal — team owners are expected to proceed with a lockout. That would mean new players can't be signed and teams cannot hold offseason workouts with players under contract. So, installing a new offense and defense would have to wait. And the Broncos, like the other teams, will have to hope the players do the work on their own.

"I think most of the guys kind of prefer that, to work on their own," said Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, one of the team's union representatives. "They have guys they like to work with, so I don't think preparation would be an issue in that way. I think guys would get the work done they need to."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17012214?source=rss

Dean
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
A lock out would make it very difficult for rookies to develop enough to be highly useful during next season.