PDA

View Full Version : So Elway huh......good luck with that

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
this worked out well too:

Fla., Feb. 3— Dan Marino surprised the Dolphins on Tuesday by resigning as the team's senior vice president for football operations three weeks after accepting the job.

Marino, a former star quarterback for the Dolphins, had no front-office experience when he took the job Jan. 12. He received a sampling of his new challenge before heading to the Super Bowl as a football analyst for HBO and CBS and apparently decided that he had misjudged the amount of work involved.

i'm sure these are completely unrelated stories. onward and upward! :lol:

BroncoJoe
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
i'm sure these are completely unrelated stories.

Correct.

Northman
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Nah, the difference is Elway is smart.

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I know! I mean Marino could really throw that ball.

Completely qualified to run front office operations. :salute:

topscribe
01-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Well yes, I'm sure they are.

So, by your reasoning, since Jokeland has been through 6 HCs in the last 12
years, maybe they had best forget about hiring a HC altogether . . .

-----

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Well yes, I'm sure they are.

So, by your reasoning, since Jokeland has been through 6 HCs in the last 12
years, maybe they had best forget about hiring a HC altogether . . .

-----

im not thrilled about the continuos coaching change / keeping Hue is about the only thing that makes sense. With Mr. Davis you never know....:tsk:

way to deflect there....everythings just fine in Donkoland:elefant:

topscribe
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
im not thrilled about the continuos coaching change / keeping Hue is about the only thing that makes sense. With Mr. Davis you never know....:tsk:

No, I'm must wondering if your alias is "Pot" . . .

-----

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM
No, I'm must wondering if your alias is "Pot" . . .

-----

:lol: why did Raiders just announce Plunkett to an office operations position?

just curious was Plummer, Brister, Maddox, Greise left waiting with their resume in hand?

MasterShake
01-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Not saying everything is fine here, but what you are doing is like a mentally handicapped kid trying to make fun of a physically handicapped kid. Once the ice cream truck comes we are probably gonna both get run over.

T.K.O.
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
well, we do know one thing for sure.......
John Elway won more games than any raider......EVER !
:welcome:

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Not saying everything is fine here, but what you are doing is like a mentally handicapped kid trying to make fun of a physically handicapped kid. Once the ice cream truck comes we are probably gonna both get run over.

is the smack section the place to make fun of mentally handicapped kids?

bravo :salute:

But you're right. Our teams are in the exact same position heading in the exact same direction. :confused: :2thumbs:

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:44 PM
well, we do know one thing for sure.......
John Elway won more more games than any raider......EVER !
:welcome:

I know! I mean Marino could really throw that ball.

Completely qualified to run front office operations. :salute:
:coffee:

BroncoJoe
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Elway has done more in his life after football (12-13 years) than most will do in their lifetime.

One thing is for sure - it's going to be interesting.

topscribe
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM

just curious was Plummer, Brister, Maddox, Greise left waiting with their resume in hand?

Maddox is now a Steelers fan, Griese is happy with his job at the mike,
Plummer is holed up in Idaho with one of your cheerleaders, and Bubby is still
stewing about being benched in 2000. :lol:

-----

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Not making fun of them, just pointing out that one 8-8 season does not give you any reason to come in here with weak smack. Your team is going to be doing the same thing our team is next sunday, watching the playoffs.

another relevant post to giving Elway the keys.

thanks for the update on Division standings....I was unaware of how things turned out.

And you claim my shit is weak :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Someone explain to me how those are related stories??? :confused:

MasterShake
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
is the smack section the place to make fun of mentally handicapped kids?

bravo :salute:

But you're right. Our teams are in the exact same position heading in the exact same direction. :confused: :2thumbs:

But our teams ARE heading the same direction. Directly to the couch to watch the playoffs! :lol:

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Maddox is now a Steelers fan, Griese is happy with his job at the mike,
Plummer is holed up in Idaho with one of your cheerleaders, and Bubby is still
stewing about being benched in 2000. :lol:

-----

:salute:

hahah so does this mean Elway was the only one with nothing to do?

Northman
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Because Plunkett actually sucked and couldnt hold Elway's jock? It must of felt good that he was standing behind John who was the honoree capt. during the Stanford/Virginia Tech game. Faiderland must feel proud that he was John's personal shoe shine boy. :lol::lol::lol:

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Someone explain to me how those are related stories??? :confused:

They both can throw a football well.

Apparently that was the only checklist of qualifications. Everythings copasetic :beer:

topscribe
01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
:salute:

hahah so does this mean Elway was the only one with nothing to do?

I got in on part of Elway's job interview:

Pat: John, what would you say your most redeeming quality is for this job?

Elway: I hate the Raiders!

Pat: Your shift starts at 7:30 a.m., this Tuesday . . . sharp!

-----

silver_black
01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
I got in on part of Elway's job interview:

Pat: John, what would you say your most redeeming quality is for this job?

Elway: I hate the Raiders!

Pat: Your shift starts at 7:30 a.m., this Tuesday . . . sharp!

-----

thats about the only thing that makes sense in this thread :lol:

UrbanBounca
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Elway is an accomplished businessman outside of football, which is more than Marino can say.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MasterShake
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Elway is an accomplished businessman outside of football, which is more than Marino can say.

Dude, he was in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective!

Ravage!!!
01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
They both can throw a football well.

Apparently that was the only checklist of qualifications. Everythings copasetic :beer:

Actually, it doesn't make the stories related, only similar. I'm guessing you must be from Oakland, and probably have gone through the oakland school system.

UrbanBounca
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Deal!

Northman
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM

"Well, i do get hit in the head a lot" - :lol:

Thnikkaman
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I recall that Elway ran the front office for his Championship winning AFL team.

I'd say that gives him some experience.

Marino needs to go back to selling Isotoner gloves.

GEM
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I have two words for ya, S&B....Al Davis.

:D Yes, it keeps me warm at night knowing that until he fills his final Depend, shit will always be screwed up in Oakland. :D

zbeg
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
John Elway isn't Dan Marino. Not sure if you were aware of that. I realize that after a few decades of terrible QBing it all tends to blend together and you'll take just about anyone who can throw a football without accidentally injuring themselves, but there actually is a difference between quarterbacks who aren't completely terrible.

Maybe some day when Al Davis dies and you don't have a zombie running the team into the ground every year you'll realize this. Understandably, "winning quarterback" is kind of a pipe dream for you right now so they tend to all look alike, but there are nuances. Not actually the same person.

HTH.

GEM
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
There are a few key differences between Marino and Elway. Elway has rings, Marino doesn't. Elway has ran a successful front office, Marino hasn't. Marino is a talking head on a CBS Sunday show, Elway is not. Marino talks, Elway takes action. :D

And Rich Gannon, who for all intent purposes, doesn't really belong in the same conversation....gets to commentate a few games on any given Sunday.

:D

chazoe60
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
There are a few key differences between Marino and Elway. Elway has rings, Marino doesn't. Elway has ran a successful front office, Marino hasn't. Marino is a talking head on a CBS Sunday show, Elway is not. Marino talks, Elway takes action. :D

And Rich Gannon, who for all intent purposes, doesn't really belong in the same conversation....gets to commentate a few games on any given Sunday.

:D
Not to mention Elway is intelligent, Marino is a dumb shit. Seriously, have you heard Marino speak? He comes off as stupid to me. Also, Elway shows at least a modicum of humility, Marino is a self obsessed ass. Elway flat out admitted he needs a good team around him and that it's a team effort, it was a huge theme in his presser. Guys like Millen and Marino wouldn't talk that way and Millen proved he doesn't work that way.

Elway will do well, he doesn't know any other way than to succeed.

Day1BroncoFan
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
All Marino has is a mouth now, he used to have an arm but not any more.

Elway has brains which is all he needs for this job.

Is that simple enough for you to comprehend?

:coffee:

KCL
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Hey now he was in Ace Ventura...that took a lot of work and talent...:D

KCL
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Shake I posted the same thing before I read this...:lol:

KCL
01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Not to mention Elway is intelligent, Marino is a dumb shit. Seriously, have you heard Marino speak? He comes off as stupid to me. Also, Elway shows at least a modicum of humility, Marino is a self obsessed ass. Elway flat out admitted he needs a good team around him and that it's a team effort, it was a huge theme in his presser. Guys like Millen and Marino wouldn't talk that way and Millen proved he doesn't work that way.

Elway will do well, he doesn't know any other way than to succeed.

I hope Marino is more careful about his investments....:eek:

Dapper Dan
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
It's funny how people say bad things about the new Elway hiring. I guess they don't know about everything else he has done. He's not a quarterback anymore. He's a business man and a damn good one.

KCL
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
It's funny how people say bad things about the new Elway hiring. I guess they don't know about everything else he has done. He's not a quarterback anymore. He's a business man and a damn good one.

SB knows about Elway....he's just smacking it up is all.

Dapper Dan
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM

No. There a lot of people saying that. It's just ignorance.

KCL
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
No. There a lot of people saying that. It's just ignorance.

In this thread? I must have missed it..anyway this is just a smack thread.So people have opinions...no harm in that.

weazel
01-05-2011, 08:33 PM

LMAO

A raider fan is talking smack about who can run a team! That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read! People really need to start thinking before they put their fingers on the keys, LOL

Magnificent Seven
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Nah, the difference is Elway is smart.

No wonder why he went to the Stanford University. :D

silver_black
01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
John Elway isn't Dan Marino. Not sure if you were aware of that. I realize that after a few decades of terrible QBing it all tends to blend together and you'll take just about anyone who can throw a football without accidentally injuring themselves, but there actually is a difference between quarterbacks who aren't completely terrible.

Maybe some day when Al Davis dies and you don't have a zombie running the team into the ground every year you'll realize this. Understandably, "winning quarterback" is kind of a pipe dream for you right now so they tend to all look alike, but there are nuances. Not actually the same person.

HTH.

Was this a real post? I'm gonna just sit back and wait for the "weak shit" :rolleyes: police to come along and issue a citation for this. :lol:

Dismissing the first part about Elway and Marino being two different people :coffee: I guess that it only takes another teams table scraps in Campbell to beat the Donks. No need for a hall of famer under center to handle that daunting task :rolleyes:

silver_black
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM

Thanks KCL :salute:

this really shouldn't need to be pointed out, but sometimes we gotta put it in neutral and coast a little so others can catch up in Donkoland :elefant:

zbeg
01-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Was this a real post? I'm gonna just sit back and wait for the "weak shit" :rolleyes: police to come along and issue a citation for this. :lol:

Dismissing the first part about Elway and Marino being two different people :coffee: I guess that it only takes another teams table scraps in Campbell to beat the Donks. No need for a hall of famer under center to handle that daunting task :rolleyes:

I figured I'd keep it simple and not get too complex for you - Raiders fan, after all.

Actually, the franchises do mirror their respective high-profile QBs. The Broncos are much like John Elway: consistent winners, rarely bad, and when they do have a short down period, they bounce back quickly and keep winning. That describes both Elway and the Broncos pretty well.

And the Raiders are like JaMarcus Russell. A lot of noise, but overall pretty terrible. Sometimes you see something that makes you think "oh hey, maybe he won't be so bad after all!" but then three interceptions* later you realize it's a tease, and that it's just consistent, regular, relentless failure.

Maybe the Raiders should hire JaMarcus Russell to run their franchise. It would only be appropriate.

*I realize that this is a four syllable word, which might be a little ambitious for a Raiders fan. If the words are too big, I can have someone mock up some flash cards for you.

Devilspawn
01-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I figured I'd keep it simple and not get too complex for you - Raiders fan, after all.

Actually, the franchises do mirror their respective high-profile QBs. The Broncos are much like John Elway: consistent winners, rarely bad, and when they do have a short down period, they bounce back quickly and keep winning. That describes both Elway and the Broncos pretty well.

And the Raiders are like JaMarcus Russell. A lot of noise, but overall pretty terrible. Sometimes you see something that makes you think "oh hey, maybe he won't be so bad after all!" but then three interceptions* later you realize it's a tease, and that it's just consistent, regular, relentless failure.

Maybe the Raiders should hire JaMarcus Russell to run their franchise. It would only be appropriate.

*I realize that this is a four syllable word, which might be a little ambitious for a Raiders fan. If the words are too big, I can have someone mock up some flash cards for you.
This is funny.

Compared to us, you have less wins, less division titles, less playoff appearances, less playoff wins, less Superbowl titles, less head to head wins, less winning seasons, less double digit winning seasons, less of virtually everything in terms of winning. I bring this up whenever a Broncos fan seems to think his franchise is superior to our's at the end of the day. Today it's not even superior at the beginning of the day, hence your cheap shots at silver_black's intelligence that has nothing to do with football.

Your "consistent winners" have seen 1 playoff win since Elway retired. That's 1 playoff win in 12 years AND COUNTING. That's LESS than the Raiders during this span, which includes our 7 year drought of 11+ losses. It's as if WE have to slow down so that YOU can catch up. And we're still waiting.

You act as if you're the only franchise that had a Stanford alum that won two Superbowls. Sure Elway made the Hall of Fame. Maybe he and the 1 or 2 other Bronco HOFers can sit down with our 13 and compare notes.

I guess in Broncoland, less is more. it's not everyday one tries to compare themselves to a downtrodden franchise and STILL FAIL.

Dapper Dan
01-05-2011, 11:45 PM
In this thread? I must have missed it..anyway this is just a smack thread.So people have opinions...no harm in that.

And those were my opinions. Enjoy.

zbeg
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
This is funny.

Compared to us, you have less wins, less division titles, less playoff appearances, less playoff wins, less Superbowl titles, less head to head wins, less winning seasons, less double digit winning seasons, less of virtually everything in terms of winning. I bring this up whenever a Broncos fan seems to think his franchise is superior to our's at the end of the day. Today it's not even superior at the beginning of the day, hence your cheap shots at silver_black's intelligence that has nothing to do with football.

Your "consistent winners" have seen 1 playoff win since Elway retired. That's 1 playoff win in 12 years AND COUNTING. That's LESS than the Raiders during this span, which includes our 7 year drought of 11+ losses. It's as if WE have to slow down so that YOU can catch up. And we're still waiting.

You act as if you're the only franchise that had a Stanford alum that won two Superbowls. Sure Elway made the Hall of Fame. Maybe he and the 1 or 2 other Bronco HOFers can sit down with our 13 and tell them one day.

I guess in Broncoland, less is more. it's not everyday one tries to compare themselves to a downtrodden franchise and still fail. Aim high, fellas.

I suppose if your goal is "remember the accomplishments that happened before the Reagan administration" then you've got us pegged. I prefer to take a slightly less ancient view. The Cardinals have won 70 more games than the Raiders have. OMG CARDINALS BEST FRANCHISE!

Intelligence did seem to be an issue with the OP, when the argument appears to be "Elway bad because, you know...Marino! Har har! I eat glue!"

Devilspawn
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I suppose if your goal is "remember the accomplishments that happened before the Reagan administration" then you've got us pegged. I prefer to take a slightly less ancient view. The Cardinals have won 70 more games than the Raiders have. OMG CARDINALS BEST FRANCHISE!

Intelligence did seem to be an issue with the OP, when the argument appears to be "Elway bad because, you know...Marino! Har har! I eat glue!"
Oh so now we have TIME FRAMES. It's understandable, you need a handicap to survive and prefer to backpeddle. Cool. next time, you should say the Broncos compared to the Raiders have been consistent winners after 2003, because anything before that = less for your argument.

Now we know you're not referring to recent times of consistent winning since you made the playoffs last in 2005. And I'm sure 8-8 seasons count for winning seasons too, no? That makes you less consistent than, oh I don't know, the Cardinals.

Devilspawn
01-06-2011, 12:09 AM
You should take an even LESS ancient view, since the Cardinals began during the Woodrow Wilson Administration.

It's not everyday one compares franchises that started 40 years apart to support their argument. Thank goodness the Dayton Triangles folded in 1929 before they really got started. :lol:

KCL
01-06-2011, 12:25 AM
And those were my opinions. Enjoy.

Like I said no harm in opinions...you know what opinions are like....right?

silver_black
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM

Are you positive you want to delve into questions of intelligence? You may want to double check your posts. So far your points are baseless and without substantial backing. Since you brought it up you may want to do a quick search for our great former President Reagan and verify when his administration held office. Second as DS pointed out in almost every category conceivable, except for a specific and convenient timeline that you choose, the Broncos trail the Raiders in accomplishments.

But then again, please tell me how much better off your team is minus this last year, skip ahead then minus the first 40 years, cherry pick the '97-'98 seasons......yeah I completely agree with your well-thought convincing argument.

To quote our great former president "facts are stubborn things," unfortunately for you. :coffee:

chazoe60
01-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Like I said no harm in opinions...you know what opinions are like....right?
Chiefs fans.

sneakers
01-06-2011, 05:31 AM

Dan Marino can die of gonorrhea and rot in hell......would you like a cookie son?

KCL
01-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Chiefs fans.

Who are thankful we didn't finish last in the division again.

zbeg
01-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Are you positive you want to delve into questions of intelligence? You may want to double check your posts. So far your points are baseless and without substantial backing. Since you brought it up you may want to do a quick search for our great former President Reagan and verify when his administration held office. Second as DS pointed out in almost every category conceivable, except for a specific and convenient timeline that you choose, the Broncos trail the Raiders in accomplishments.

But then again, please tell me how much better off your team is minus this last year, skip ahead then minus the first 40 years, cherry pick the '97-'98 seasons......yeah I completely agree with your well-thought convincing argument.

To quote our great former president "facts are stubborn things," unfortunately for you. :coffee:

Yes, sweetie, of course.

I believe that you believe that this is true. If you really want to convince yourself that the Raiders are better off as a franchise, knock yourself out.

Enjoy following your Al Davis-owned team.

Cheers!

MNPatsFan
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
He's a business man and a damn good one.Ummmmmm so is Daniel Snyder, but look what he has done to the Washington Redskins;)

:lol:

Now I am neither panning the hire nor defending the hire. I am taking a wait and see attitude to see what John Elway does and how successful he is in turning the Broncos around.

WTE
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Not to mention Elway is intelligent

Yeah, he's a real rocket scientist. He referred to Mike Mularkey as "Mark" Mularkey on several occasions recently. And now "Mark" Mularkey canceled his interview with Denver.

That Elway is a genius.

topscribe
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, he's a real rocket scientist. He referred to Mike Mularkey as "Mark" Mularkey on several occasions recently. And now "Mark" Mularkey canceled his interview with Denver.

That Elway is a genius.

So that is your concept of human intelligence, the mispronouncing of a name?

-----

WTE
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
So that is your concept of human intelligence, the mispronouncing of a name?

-----

I don't understand your point poopscribe.

:laugh:

topscribe
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Okay, I'll choose a timeline: the last three decades. Shall we compare
Super Bowls, Division championships, and winning percentages during that
period?

Actually, I will admit Jokeland had Denver's number before Denver crushed
Jokeland in 1977. But then, England was a more powerful nation than the
United States before WWWI, too.

And now, this is the first year in a long, long time you can make the claim
you just made. So all you have is this year and ancient history to lean on.
And that, after an an awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping 8-8 season. :lol:

-----

sneakers
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Hhahahahhahahaha @ poopscribe

But seriously Albert Einstein was so often wrapped up with thoughts in his head he often couldn't remember his first wives name (which could explain why he ultimately had a second wife......his cousin.)

topscribe
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Now that might be a sign of a problem with intelligence . . . :nod:

-----

topscribe
01-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Hhahahahhahahaha @ poopscribe

But seriously Albert Einstein was so often wrapped up with thoughts in his head he often couldn't remember his first wives name (which could explain why he ultimately had a second wife......his cousin.)

lol . . . if you really want to remember a name, pick a relative . . .

-----

MasterShake
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
lol . . . if you really want to remember a name, pick a relative . . .

-----

Is that what the theory of relativity is?

topscribe
01-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Is that what the theory of relativity is?

Maybe. But then, I don't want to talk about relatively 'cuz I hates relatives . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

Dzone
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Ok, who saw th e pic in the denver post today of bowlen shaking hands with Elway? Is it just me, or does Bowlen have a blank look on his face and he is staring straight into elways chest...He kind of looks like a zombie. Is he ok? Did he speak any at all at teh press conference? Kinda worried about Pat. He doesnt look good.

silver_black
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes, sweetie, of course.

I believe that you believe that this is true. If you really want to convince yourself that the Raiders are better off as a franchise, knock yourself out.

Enjoy following your Al Davis-owned team.

Cheers!

right. So when your argument is crushed by facts and stats, time to break out the big guns and throw down the "sweetie" line :lol:

Tops, Gems, somebody better get in here and throw a life preserver for this one - its not looking good :help:
:lol:

silver_black
01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Okay, I'll choose a timeline: the last three decades. Shall we compare
Super Bowls, Division championships, and winning percentages during that
period?

Actually, I will admit Jokeland had Denver's number before Denver crushed
Jokeland in 1977. But then, England was a more powerful nation than the
United States before WWWI, too.

And now, this is the first year in a long, long time you can make the claim
you just made. So all you have is this year and ancient history to lean on.
And that, after an an awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping 8-8 season. :lol:

-----

Thats pretty much my point. History, this year, and something tells me it will be next year too. :laugh:

The difference is when the Broncos were a better team, I had no problem admitting that. As was the case the the majority of last 10 years. Now that the tables have obviously turned its "Raiders will be back to sucking because......I said so" :eek: :lol:

sanluis
01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Elway?? Never heard of him?? wait... didn't he sell cars or something?:confused:

T.K.O.
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok, who saw th e pic in the denver post today of bowlen shaking hands with Elway? Is it just me, or does Bowlen have a blank look on his face and he is staring straight into elways chest...He kind of looks like a zombie. Is he ok? Did he speak any at all at teh press conference? Kinda worried about Pat. He doesnt look good.

he was HAMMERE....D !:beer:

T.K.O.
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Elway?? Never heard of him?? wait... didn't he sell cars or something?:confused:

he's a guy who won super bowls....not surprising bolts fans don't understand !:welcome:

silver_black
01-06-2011, 09:15 PM

He was awesome on that old TV show...till I was told they used peanut butter to make it appear like he could talk.

damn you hollywood and your tricks! :tsk:

chazoe60
01-06-2011, 09:17 PM
He was awesome on that old TV show...till I was told they used peanut butter to make it appear like he could talk.

I like all the show that all the Raiders coaches are in better. You know, the one where Al Davis sticks his hand up their asses and makes them talk.

silver_black
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I like all the show that all the Raiders coaches are in better. You know, the one where Al Davis sticks his hand up their asses and makes them talk.

lol thats a sweet show too :lol:

i wonder if it was the basis for that prison show OZ? :confused:

WTE
01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Thats pretty much my point. History, this year, and something tells me it will be next year too. :laugh:

The difference is when the Broncos were a better team, I had no problem admitting that. As was the case the the majority of last 10 years. Now that the tables have obviously turned its "Raiders will be back to sucking because......I said so" :eek: :lol:

You're absolutely right SB.

You know, when the Patriots traded Seymour I was thinking New England will get a top 5 pick because the Raiders have stunk recently.

However, we're only getting the 17th pick.

Now I wish New England had traded Richard to Denver. ~sigh~

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
just read the thread title, and "oh brother" :rolleyes: you guys are so jealous about everything

topscribe
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM

You know, when the Patriots traded Seymour I was thinking New England will get a top 5 pick because the Raiders have stunk recently.

With Seymour on our line, I don't think you would have gotten the #2 pick . . .

-----

topscribe
01-07-2011, 12:17 PM

No, your girls will probably be back where they were this year: in the
middle of the Division. They have some good players, but The Corpse took
care of any continuity they had been developing . . .

-----

WTE
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
With Seymour on our line, I don't think you would have gotten the #2 pick . . .

-----

I know it would have been the # 1.

He takes a lot of plays off you know.

topscribe
01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I know it would have been the # 1.

He takes a lot of plays off you know.

Are you saying Denver's present players are better than Seymour? :shocked:

-----

BigDaddyBronco
01-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Heck, Seymour taking half the plays off and he still would have been the best player on our DLine.

WTE
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Are you saying Denver's present players are better than Seymour? :shocked:

-----

No, Denver's past players are better than Seymour.

Thank you for proving SB's point.

BroncoNut
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
No, Denver's past players are better than Seymour.

Thank you for proving SB's point.

Don't you EVER,., and I mean EVER condescend to Topscribe or any othere denver fan like that again you arrogant SOB

topscribe
01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Don't you EVER,., and I mean EVER condescend to Topscribe or any othere denver fan like that again you arrogant SOB

Don't encourage WTE.

He takes great delight in being told something like that . . . :D

-----

sanluis
01-07-2011, 01:45 PM

I thought I saw a jar at Elway's news conference! :shocked:

Devilspawn
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Gotta thank you for Seymour. He turned Tommy Kelly into a possible Pro-Bowl alternate, the same Tommy Kelly everyone was laughing at when Davis overpayed him. Kelly's beasting now. Mr. Davis got it right and got the condition to make it so. Rarely happens today.

Now imagine the wonders Seymour can do for Jarvis Moss. :elefant:

WTE
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Tops is my Daddy.

My Great, Great, Great, GrandDaddy.

silver_black
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM

lol no doubt. Seymour is well worth that 1st round pick. Hell we wouldve wasted it on another trackstar posing as a DB or WR.

now time convince him to stick around if he's not given the franchise tag.

No, your girls will probably be back where they were this year: in the
middle of the Division. They have some good players, but The Corpse took
care of any continuity they had been developing . . .

-----

hahah even if it is the middle again, it will be above the Donks obviously.
I disagree about the continuity as long as Hue is retained or even promoted.
So now that we agree with having good players, and continuity remaining....well "yeah back to sucking because i said so!" :lol:

Tops you are classic.....even if WTE used to call you Bottomscribe...lol good ol days :lol:

GEM
01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
The good old days......You all suck! :D

topscribe
01-07-2011, 07:21 PM
hahah even if it is the middle again, it will be above the Donks obviously.
I disagree about the continuity as long as Hue is retained or even promoted.
So now that we agree with having good players, and continuity remaining....well "yeah back to sucking because i said so!" :lol:

Tops you are classic.....even if WTE used to call you Bottomscribe...lol good ol days :lol:

Yeah, Bottomscribe. Mmm-hmm. I had forgotten about that.

And I was getting to where I almost liked the guy, too . . .

-----

GEM
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Bottomscribe. Mmm-hmm. I had forgotten about that.

And I was getting to where I almost liked the guy, too . . .

-----

Liar, liar....pants on fire!! You enjoy the ribbing with WTE...but you never liked the guy. :lol:

topscribe
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Liar, liar....pants on fire!! You enjoy the ribbing with WTE...but you never liked the guy. :lol:

Nah, I always liked him . . . if for no other reason I could get under his skin. :laugh:

-----

WTE
01-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Nah, I always liked him . . . if for no other reason I could get under his skin. :laugh:

-----
You never got under my skin Tops.

But your damn coffee cup sure did! :coffee:

atwater27
01-08-2011, 02:27 PM

John Kreese got his ass kicked by an old man.

Devilspawn
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
How old is Top? :confused:

BroncoNut
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
How old is Top? :confused:

mid to upper 60's I would guess,.

topscribe
01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
mid to upper 60's I would guess,.

65 . . . going on 16 . . . :D

-----

silver_black
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
John Kreese got his ass kicked by an old man.

how dare you insult celebrated war hero John Sensei Kreese!

the only person as cool as Kreese was his millionaire toxic waste-dumping friend Terry Silver
http://www.videofever.info/john-kreese-and-terry-silver/

weazel
12-14-2011, 06:29 PM
ya I hope Elway doesnt do something stupid like trade away 2 first round picks for an over the hill QB that hasn't done much but throw picks the last few years!

lol

Pudge
09-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I stumbled upon this gem, and I had to bump it

weazel
09-08-2014, 03:42 PM
raiders... LMAO

aberdien
09-08-2014, 06:11 PM
It's funny cuz the newest of the million Raiders coaches this century is one of our scraps.

GEM
09-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I miss silver. He was a good dude.

Devilspawn
09-09-2014, 07:21 PM
It's funny cuz the newest of the million Raiders coaches this century is one of our scraps.
That's another thing we have on you. Our coaching scraps > your coaching scraps. By a mile.

Devilspawn
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
And why was OR banned?

BroncoJoe
09-09-2014, 07:32 PM
That's another thing we have on you. Our coaching scraps > your coaching scraps. By a mile.

What?

BroncoJoe
09-09-2014, 07:32 PM
And why was OR banned?

Because he was a moron. Be careful, spawn. Be very careful.

Devilspawn
09-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Because he was a moron. Be careful, spawn. Be very careful.
Careful? Elaborate.

WTE
09-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Careful? Elaborate.

They're suddenly banning tons of fans from other teams! We're one of the last few standing. The Last of the Mohicans, if you will.

chazoe60
09-09-2014, 07:43 PM
They're suddenly banning tons of fans from other teams! We're one of the last few standing. The Last of the Morons, if you will.

WTE
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM

Don't you have some naked fishing kayaking to do?

chazoe60
09-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Don't you have some naked fishing kayaking to do?

I would not subject the other people at the lake to such a thing.

MileHighCrew
09-09-2014, 07:58 PM
They're suddenly banning tons of fans from other teams! We're one of the last few standing. The Last of the Mohicans, if you will.

well that isn't true at all..... fill up the smack forum all you want, go into the game day threads or the main forums and blow things up on a regular basis to the point no one else can have a conversation and yup you might get a vacation.

aberdien
09-09-2014, 09:55 PM

Callahan? Jackson? Cable? Kiffin?

OB
09-09-2014, 10:15 PM
I like the other fans from the other teams - but I dont regulate

Valar Morghulis
09-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah me too - they crack me up.

Joel
09-22-2014, 02:57 PM
This thread's infinitely better now that we've won the divison three years running, won the CONFERENCE last year and one of our "coaching scraps" is running THEIR team—the ONLY AFCW team that missed last years playoffs. It's gonna be fun watching Oakland play 6 games against those playoff teams and EVERY Conference Championship Game team, plus Arizona and the much improved Texans. They were 4-12 against a soft schedule last year; this year... they could beat the Rams and Browns—MAYBE...? :lol: