PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Panthers forums

Tebow666
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
If anyone here goes to see the Panthers forum you will notice a trend.
They want to make us (or anyone else) but mostly us, the laughing stock of the NFL for any Andrew Luck deal. Lets not be jackasses when we are supposed to be WARHORSES.

Please people, forget that kid... hes good but we dont need him, and we definately dont need to be humiliated on a house sale for one unproven player.

Lets just get on with OUR business and worry about OUR real needs, it is so tiring and stupid to keep thinking of drafting luck.

We have our QB, recievers and a little bit of a run game, so lets start building some serious defense.

GO DENVER :defense:

Ravage!!!
01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
They are stupid if they want to trade him away. We would be smart to do what we could to get him.

Northman
01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
They are stupid if they want to trade him away. We would be smart to do what we could to get him.

No we wouldnt. :D

Cugel
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
What their fans think is utterly irrelevant. Their front office has stated publicly that if Luck enters the draft they will take him. Jimmy Clausen is packing his bags as we speak.

They also said that they "would not even consider any offers to trade down."

Hence any "deals" the fans might come up with are irrelevant. Either Luck goes to Carolina or he stays in school. Those are the two possibilities. :coffee:

Cugel
01-05-2011, 02:07 PM

:deadhorse: That dead horse didn't feel a thing! :deadhorse:

BroncoStud
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
What their fans think is utterly irrelevant. Their front office has stated publicly that if Luck enters the draft they will take him. Jimmy Clausen is packing his bags as we speak.

They also said that they "would not even consider any offers to trade down."

Hence any "deals" the fans might come up with are irrelevant. Either Luck goes to Carolina or he stays in school. Those are the two possibilities. :coffee:

If that's the case then the Panthers are as stupid as some of us think they are... Why in the world would you not even LISTEN to a trade offer? If the Cowboys had the mentality then they never would have sent Walker to the Vikings and launched a dynasty.

Stupid thought process by the Panthers, but then again, their front office pretty much sucks.

robert ethan
01-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Blaine Gabbert is in for the draft. He'll be better than Luck in the long haul. Maybe the short haul as well.

rationalfan
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
this is important, because fans on message boards do dictate how a front office does its business.

TXBRONC
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't try and trade for him, but fell to us that's completely different matter. That said, it doesn't sound like Carolina is going to pass on him.

PAINTERDAVE
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
If that's the case then the Panthers are as stupid as some of us think they are... Why in the world would you not even LISTEN to a trade offer? If the Cowboys had the mentality then they never would have sent Walker to the Vikings and launched a dynasty.

Stupid thought process by the Panthers, but then again, their front office pretty much sucks.

If some team came to them with a full package of their draft picks and extra players... they'd listen.

But like the OP said... it would be a stupid move to mortgage your team for a gamble at the Qb position.

He's great, I'm sure... but at what cost?
The team that gets his rights has him for standard #1 pick cost.
The team that mortgages their future for him... they pay a heck of a lot more.

That would be a gamble.

It's is interesting, too.
Here is this kid who loves football...
and suddenly events dictate that these people he does not even know on the East Coast
suddenly have control of his future.

He may very well just stay in school and gamble on a different team next season.
I just dont see him pulling an Elway on Carolina.

It certainly is interesting... either way.

WARHORSE
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
If anyone here goes to see the Panthers forum you will notice a trend.
They want to make us (or anyone else) but mostly us, the laughing stock of the NFL for any Andrew Luck deal. Lets not be jackasses when we are supposed to be WARHORSES.

Please people, forget that kid... hes good but we dont need him, and we definately dont need to be humiliated on a house sale for one unproven player.

Lets just get on with OUR business and worry about OUR real needs, it is so tiring and stupid to keep thinking of drafting luck.

We have our QB, recievers and a little bit of a run game, so lets start building some serious defense.

GO DENVER :defense:

Is there a reference to me in there somewhere?:confused:

UrbanBounca
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Panthers fans are stupid, IMO. Luck is better than any current player on their team.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dirk
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't try and trade for him, but fell to us that's completely different matter. That said, it doesn't sound like Carolina is going to pass on him.

The only trade I would make is our #2 in the first and Orton or Tebow.

Other than that, it's just too much on a defense starved team.

TXBRONC
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
The only trade I would make is our #2 in the first and Orton or Tebow.

Other than that, it's just too much on a defense starved team.

I could live with, but I don't think Carolina would go for it.

I Eat Staples
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
We're not going anywhere without defense, but QB is the most important position and Luck is one of the best prospects there will be for some time. I wouldn't give up too much for him when we have so many glaring needs, but if we could somehow acquire him for a reasonably low price I'd be all for it.

I'm okay with giving Tebow next year to prove he can or can't be an NFL QB, but that is a much greater risk than drafting Luck. I'm going to be happy either way -- we'll either have our franchise QB or a star defensive player. I just have a feeling that if we don't get Luck, we're going to be in the market for a true franchise QB again soon.

robert ethan
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't even think that Luck will be the consensus top pick come draft day. I bet at least a few teams will prefer Gabbert. I would take Gabbert ahead of Luck if the team were looking for a QB. But they are not.

UrbanBounca
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't even think that Luck will be the consensus top pick come draft day. I bet at least a few teams will prefer Gabbert. I would take Gabbert ahead of Luck if the team were looking for a QB. But they are not.

You're right, his 40-12 bowl win over the #13 defense will definately drop his draft stock. Please.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM

Over Steve Luck? Puh-lease. Gabbert wouldn't be a valid candidate for HC.

BroncoBJ
01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Luck will be the best pro prospect we have until next year, when the analysts all talk about how great another QB is. Then everyone will jump on that players nuts. Like they do whenever someone gets talked about.

Same story, different year. Seems like each year there is always that 1 QB that is the best prospect since Elway or Manning.

:coffee:

claymore
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I cant wait till we get luck. Hopefully we trade Tebow so all his fans leave with him.

I Eat Staples
01-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I cant wait till we get luck. Hopefully we trade Tebow so all his fans leave with him.

That sounds too good to be true. All three of those things.

robert ethan
01-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Then you guys can all return to 1975 and close the hole behind you.:laugh:

chazoe60
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM

I'd take a Tebow fan over an Orton fan any day of the week.

claymore
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd take a Tebow fan over an Orton fan any day of the week.

There is only one of those (Topscribe) as opposed to 3 million loon bat Tebow followers.

As much as I love Topcrotch, Id sacrifice him to get rid of the loon bats.

camdisco24
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Over Steve Luck? Puh-lease. Gabbert wouldn't be a valid candidate for HC.

LOL hotcarl is starting a revolution.

Dirk
01-05-2011, 06:54 PM
There is only one of those (Topscribe) as opposed to 3 million loon bat Tebow followers.

As much as I love Topcrotch, Id sacrifice him to get rid of the loon bats.

My vote for best post of the day! :salute:

That's some funny shyte there! :laugh: