PDA

View Full Version : Quick Xbox live questions

LordTrychon
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Two quick ones.

I have my dad as a friend on my XBox live... but is there any easier way to set up a match on Tiger Woods 09 than inviting him? It didn't really work well, but I couldn't see what options it gave him or what he pressed. I may have him invite me next time. I ended up just creating a custom match and having him search for the same options... one person tried to join first... but we just waited him out.

Also... he was having a real problem with reverb/echo on his headset. I talked him through to his headset settings... but he was still getting it... with the same settings I had as near as I can tell. Is it maybe just a bad headset? Something else I can do?

Thanks for any help!

MOtorboat
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Solution: Move back to Wyoming. :coffee:

Timmy!
09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Two quick ones.

I have my dad as a friend on my XBox live... but is there any easier way to set up a match on Tiger Woods 09 than inviting him? It didn't really work well, but I couldn't see what options it gave him or what he pressed. I may have him invite me next time. I ended up just creating a custom match and having him search for the same options... one person tried to join first... but we just waited him out.

Also... he was having a real problem with reverb/echo on his headset. I talked him through to his headset settings... but he was still getting it... with the same settings I had as near as I can tell. Is it maybe just a bad headset? Something else I can do?

Thanks for any help!

Can't help ya with Tiger, it all depends on the game, I'd think that the invite should be the fastest way (it is on other EA games anyway unless you're in a lobby doing a quick match). As far as the headset goes it could be several things. I'm assuming it's a wireless controller. It could be a bad connection (least likely, but trying a quick modem reset b4 next time, you never know, was it lagging it all?), a bad headset, or simply the batteries getting low on the controller (since the headset plugs into the controller, if the batteries are low sometimes you'll get an echo, it happened to me once). Try to do just a normal voice chat from the dashboard and see if it's any different.

Slick
09-11-2008, 09:52 AM
You should be able to invite him if you do a private match when you set up the game. It worked on all the other Tiger games. I don't have 2009 so I don't know if they changed it.

As far as the reverb, he may be sitting too close to the TV, tell him to turn the volume down on the TV a bit.

LordTrychon
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
You should be able to invite him if you do a private match when you set up the game. It worked on all the other Tiger games. I don't have 2009 so I don't know if they changed it.

As far as the reverb, he may be sitting too close to the TV, tell him to turn the volume down on the TV a bit.

Setting was that the chat was only on the headphone... it may be the batteries. I'll have him check that.

I didn't see the setting for private match... so I'll have to look around a bit more.

Thanks!

Slick
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Setting was that the chat was only on the headphone... it may be the batteries. I'll have him check that.

I didn't see the setting for private match... so I'll have to look around a bit more.

Thanks!

Sure. The private match setting used to be in the same area as when you set it up for 9 holes or 18, what course, which tees, all that stuff. If I remember correctly it was down at the bottom of the list.

LordTrychon
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Sure. The private match setting used to be in the same area as when you set it up for 9 holes or 18, what course, which tees, all that stuff. If I remember correctly it was down at the bottom of the list.

Ah... I expected it at the top... I'll find it.

Thanks.

:salute: