PDA

View Full Version : what would it take to get steve luck?

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
maybe a package deal of players and picks?

can elway work his magic one last time?

is bruce xanders the answer at GM?

lgenf
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
it would take the team being called the Carolina Panthers

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
it would take the team being called the Carolina Panthers

i doubt they would change their name, but maybe some sort of "package" could be thrown together that involves draft picks and players and coaches?

lgenf
01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
i doubt they would change their name, but maybe some sort of "package" could be thrown together that involves draft picks and players and coaches?

not anymore

they have been talking about it all morning on ESPN

the draft will happen, and then no one will be signed until the new CBA gets hammered out

so that means that the No. 1 pick is not going to cost you $65mm anymore, there is going to be a clearly defined rookie wage scale and it's not going to hurt if your rookies don't pan out any longer

so with all that said, I don't see any way in the world that a franchise with no QB is going to pass on the hotest, newest thing to play that position in a few years.

Whoever they hire as the coach is going to want a new QB in there because that will buy you time. Your first year will be no pressure at all because everyone will just say "well he's got a rookie QB, what did you expect"

and the Broncos need to many things already - no way they are reducing their picks to get something they already have

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
what if we hired him as a coach and then let him play qb and brought in harbaugh as DC

Moto4669
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Who is Steve Luck?

lgenf
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
what if we hired him as a coach and then let him play qb and brought in harbaugh as DC

ha ha, you guys start drinking pretty early out there in CO, huh?

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
ha ha, you guys start drinking pretty early out there in CO, huh?

:confused: uh no, but seriously what would happen if we hired him?

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Who is Steve Luck?

http://tinyurl.com/2fg7xhm

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 10:54 AM

This is awesome! Lol... what could they do? Nothing. But boy would it cause a SHIT storm!! :lol:

Awesome idea,.. awesome!

gatorpower
01-04-2011, 10:57 AM
maybe a package deal of players and picks?

can elway work his magic one last time?

is bruce xanders the answer at GM?

Do you know why the Detroit Lions have won 39 games in 10 years?

...it's in large part because they've drafted 12 offensive players in the first round since 2000, including 4 wide receivers and 2 quarterbacks. Come on, do not follow their example. Draft defense.

Nick
01-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Orton and a second rounder wouldn't even do it for Carolina. Might take our first and future first and throw in Orton to sweeten deal.

Luck is for sure #1 unless he comes out saying how he doesn't want to play for Carolina which I don't see.

Luck is going to be good.

I would like for Broncos to trade back a few spots with all the teams battling for the other QB's and we could come up big on the first day of draft.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you know why the Detroit Lions have won 39 games in 10 years?

...it's in large part because they've drafted 12 offensive players in the first round since 2000, including 4 wide receivers and 2 quarterbacks. Come on, do not follow their example. Draft defense.

Not accurate. You are taking two events and saying that one is the reason for another. This isn't true at all.

This sounds like a Tebow fan, trying to push away the idea (since this is the thread about Andrew Luck ((even though he said steve)) ) of taking someone to replace him at QB.

There is no correlation to drafting 1st round defensive players, to success in teh NFL. In fact, I can point out quite the opposite.

Indy, Pittsburch, Baltimore, New York, Chicago, Green Bay, Pilly, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay. All playoff teams, and all have used high round picks on the most important position on the team.... QB.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Orton and a second rounder wouldn't even do it for Carolina. Might take our first and future first and throw in Orton to sweeten deal.

Luck is for sure #1 unless he comes out saying how he doesn't want to play for Carolina which I don't see.

Luck is going to be good.

I would like for Broncos to trade back a few spots with all the teams battling for the other QB's and we could come up big on the first day of draft.

Teams would have to be within a draft spot to trade up to us. Teams just don't trade into the top five.

But a package deal including swapping draft choices, Tebow, and a 3rd rounder would absolutely fit within the draft value. Because we are so close, we wouldn't have to give up the farm, and have something to offer. Then we can Trade Orton away for a second or third (starting QB going rate) and its very possible.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

dunk7
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Hot Carl...Are you around 13-15 years old? Your ridiculous posts where you make outrageous suggestions or purposefully mess up players names is getting old REAL fast

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Hot Carl...Are you around 13-15 years old? Your ridiculous posts where you make outrageous suggestions or purposefully mess up players names is getting old REAL fast

i didnt mess up anybody's name, i am talking about steve luck, i think you guys are talking about someone different :rolleyes:

Cugel
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
not anymore

they have been talking about it all morning on ESPN

the draft will happen, and then no one will be signed until the new CBA gets hammered out

so that means that the No. 1 pick is not going to cost you $65mm anymore, there is going to be a clearly defined rookie wage scale and it's not going to hurt if your rookies don't pan out any longer

so with all that said, I don't see any way in the world that a franchise with no QB is going to pass on the hotest, newest thing to play that position in a few years.

Whoever they hire as the coach is going to want a new QB in there because that will buy you time. Your first year will be no pressure at all because everyone will just say "well he's got a rookie QB, what did you expect"

and the Broncos need to many things already - no way they are reducing their picks to get something they already have

Actually this is probably wrong. Even WITH a CBA limiting overall rookie contracts (an open question at this point), top draft picks are NOT going to be FREE!

They are still going to cost a LOT of money. It just won't escalate from year to year by 10% or so like it does now.

But, what do you think? That rookie salaries are going to go back to the 80's? Not going to happen. :coffee:

I doubt that the top draft pick will get what Bradford did this year, but will STILL get a phenomenal amount of money for an unproven rookie. How much will depend on what formula they devise to cap rookie contracts and THAT will be the subject of much intense negotiations.

If the NFL wants to have a season in 2011 they are going to have to actually COMPROMISE on some things. (They may NOT want to have a season -- they may MOSTLY want to break the players' union just like Baseball did in the lockout back during the 90's).

But, that would be amazingly STUPID, since the public turned viciously on BOTH greedy OWNERS AND Players! Attendance at baseball went down by 10% or more (a LOT of money).

Fooball flirted with a lost season once before of course, and actually used SCABS ("replacement players") and the games counted. It was an ugly experience that I don't think they want to repeat. Losing an entire season that way would probably cost them hundreds of millions and would alienate millions of fans.

Even if attendance went back to normal after the lockout, you can bet that there would be MASSIVE fan resentment of BOTH sides taking away our game for their own greedy purposes. It makes the owners look bad as well as the players and the MAJOR source of revenue is from TV -- which they would lose. The networks are NOT going to be happy broadcasting games with "replacement players" nobody ever heard of instead of Brady, Brees or Roethlisberger.

In short, the whole thing is rather like threatening to kill someone with a hand-grenade -- while you are standing right next to them!

Nick
01-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Teams would have to be within a draft spot to trade up to us. Teams just don't trade into the top five.

But a package deal including swapping draft choices, Tebow, and a 3rd rounder would absolutely fit within the draft value. Because we are so close, we wouldn't have to give up the farm, and have something to offer. Then we can Trade Orton away for a second or third (starting QB going rate) and its very possible.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

Lucks value is over the draft value chart of the #1. In such would take a lot to get #1 overall this year.

The difference between #2 and #1 is around 400 and similar to a mid 2nd rounder. I say the #1 is worth at least 4k value now.

If they like tebow it is very doable. I agree Ortons value is around 250-300

PAINTERDAVE
01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Draft Defense.

Let Carolina take Andrew Leaf.

gatorpower
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
There is no correlation to drafting 1st round defensive players, to success in teh NFL. In fact, I can point out quite the opposite.

Then why didn't you?

camdisco24
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM

LOL :lol:

"Why so serious?"

camdisco24
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Carl, What if we put a together a three way package to send Orton + others to NE for Theo Brady and then trade him to Carolina for the number one pick and take Steve??

hotcarl
01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Carl, What if we put a together a three way package to send Orton + others to NE for Theo Brady and then trade him to Carolina for the number one pick and take Steve??

steve who?

camdisco24
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
steve who?

Luck.
:listen: