PDA

View Full Version : How many Tebow homers want to see Harbaugh as HC?

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 03:08 AM
:decision:

Seems to be a very clear divide forming.

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 03:09 AM
:decision:

Seems to be a very clear divide forming.

I would! Luck and Harbaugh arent attatched at the hip.

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Not a T-Homer but I would love it if Harbaugh came here.

He's actually pretty high on Tebow so what's all the fuss?

Italianmobstr7
01-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I like Tebow being our starter. I'd love Harbaugh. No thanks to Luck. We have other positions to fill.

sneakers
01-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Is Harbaugh going to do anything to improve the defense?

Elevation inc
i hated tebow at florida, i hated tebow when we drafted him, and i hated taking the risk we did with him, that being said I have no doubt anymore Tebow is the guy i want over any qb this next draft or FA.....The guy has it, and those that cant see that and want luck, feel free to watch him go to carolina so you can then cry about it.

Elevation inc
as for harbuagh i would be just fine with him, especially since he likes tebow, and knows how to build a defense......

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 04:25 AM
i hated tebow at florida, i hated tebow when we drafted him, and i hated taking the risk we did with him, that being said I have no doubt anymore Tebow is the guy i want over any qb this next draft or FA.....The guy has it, and those that cant see that and want luck, feel free to watch him go to carolina so you can then cry about it.

well said.

i think most of us fans were extremely sceptical when we drafted him. i mean we have been blessed with some good qb's in the past. one took us to 5 superbowls and i think the fans are hungry to see that again.

but he has answered some much needed questions these past few weeks. i think we're going to be ok.

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 06:54 AM

he very well could. esppecially if he brought vic fangio with him.

SOCALORADO.
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM

So you didnt watch the game last night?
Stanford is the Baltimore Ravens of college football.
Shut down VT's running game, beat the shit outta Tyrod.
Yeah, i think Jim would solve the defensive issues, while
mentoring our young prodigy into a pro-bowl QB.

I would just love this move, considering DEN needs a NT and
STAN is full of talent on defense for the next couple years.
NT Sione Fua had a great game as an immovable object in the
middle of that D-line last night.

Dreadnought
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd be thrilled with Harbaugh, as long as he doesn't insist on bringing in Luck. Drafting Luck would be the stupidest thing this franchise did since, well, umm, hiring Josh McDaniels.

Mike
01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I would be excited to see what he could do, but I think I would rather have a defensive minded coach for once.

I was listening to 850 KOA yesterday and Dave Logan said that he spoke with someone in the know who said there is absolutely no way Harbaugh lands in Denver. He then said that he wouldn't rule out Elway's persuasive abilities, but chances are slim that it happens.

TXBRONC
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I'd be thrilled with Harbaugh, as long as he doesn't insist on bringing in Luck. Drafting Luck would be the stupidest thing this franchise did since, well, umm, hiring Josh McDaniels.

I agree with you if we try to move up to take Luck however if he's slips down to us that's completely different story. I think the Broncos would have to give it serious consideration.

What if Carolina decides to take Bowers over Luck? Freakier things than that have happened on draft day.

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm a Tebow guy and I would be stoked to get a coach of Harbaugh's caliber....Not sure where this divide is that the OP is talking about....

I think it would be a good fit for Tim to learn from a good coach who was also actually a pretty good QB in the NFL.

That being said, I don't think we're going to be able to land him for as much money as he'll probably get. I'm not sure that the FO would be committed to paying his high salary and 2 other head coaches next year especially when there might not even be a next year.

Dreadnought
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I agree with you if we try to move up to take Luck however if he's slips down to us that's completely different story. I think the Broncos would have to give it serious consideration.

What if Carolina decides to take Bowers over Luck? Freakier things than that have happened on draft day.

If that happens we should hold a fast auction for the pick and move back

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
If that happens we should hold a fast auction for the pick and move back

I could see this happening if they are committed to Clausen....I don't think that they are though. He was just a 2nd rounder, so it is easier to cut your losses with him, especially since they would have a new HC with no ties to the Clausen pick.

Nomad
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm sure if the Panthers believe in Clausen, they'll use Luck to their advantage in the draft by trading down for more picks.....they'd be crazy not to!!

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Another thing people might be overlooking is that Elway might not have just been there to woo Harbaugh. Jon Gruden was also there calling the game for ESPN, so I'd be surprised if Elway didn't have any discussions with him. Keep in mind that Gruden has been an outspoken supporter of Tebow.

Once again though, I'm not sure that the FO is willing to spend the $$ it will take to land a big name coach like Harbaugh or Gruden. I really hope we get one of them though.

Dreadnought
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I could see this happening if they are committed to Clausen....I don't think that they are though. He was just a 2nd rounder, so it is easier to cut your losses with him, especially since they would have a new HC with no ties to the Clausen pick.

Its certainly not like Clausen did anything to convince the Panthers that he is the future of the franchise

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm sure if the Panthers believe in Clausen, they'll use Luck to their advantage in the draft by trading down for more picks.....they'd be crazy not to!!

This is also a good point. If the Panthers aren't going to take Luck, they will surely trade the pick to someone who wants him and will still be able to get the guy they want later and gain a couple more picks to improve their team which actually has more holes than ours does.

broncogirl7
01-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Elway could kill two birds with one stone in talking to Harbaugh and Gruden. Either one would make me happy though I'm partial to Harbaugh.

Harbaugh/Luck combination would make me very happy as I see Luck with more promise than Tebow. Don't get me wrong, Tebow has definate possibilites, but he has to work on that alley-oop style of passing before I'm completely sold.

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Its certainly not like Clausen did anything to convince the Panthers that he is the future of the franchise

It is true that he didn't do much to prove himself (and I was never sold on Clausen in the first place)..... But to be fair, he was a rookie playing on the worst team in the league, so it wasn't like he had much of a chance to succeed (Even Peyton Manning went 3-13 his first year playing on a terrible team). I'm sure the Panthers will keep this in mind when they are evaluating their QB situation.

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Guys.. HOW MANY times have any of you seen someone trade INTO the #1 spot over the last 20 years?

It doesn't happen, and if/when it does..its EXTREMELY rare because its too expensive to move there. Teams that are close enough to even come close to giving enough picks, are in the same position they are in.... needing more picks.

There won't be some "auction" for us to give up our #2, because its too expensive to move there. There won't be teams just throwing out picks and players, and everything candy, to move that high into the draft.

BigSarge87
01-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Guys.. HOW MANY times have any of you seen someone trade INTO the #1 spot over the last 20 years?

It doesn't happen, and if/when it does..its EXTREMELY rare because its too expensive to move there. Teams that are close enough to even come close to giving enough picks, are in the same position they are in.... needing more picks.

There won't be some "auction" for us to give up our #2, because its too expensive to move there. There won't be teams just throwing out picks and players, and everything candy, to move that high into the draft.

Maybe I've been misguided, but won't this will all change if/when the new CBA comes? It's almost a lock to have a rookie salary pay scale which will be the end of gigantic rookie contracts. Both the owners and players want it. The only people who don't want it are the agents and the rookies who don't have a say in the matter.

Teams will be a lot more willing to move up if they don't have to break the bank to sign the pick.

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Keep in mind though that if teams think that Luck is the best prospect to come out since the Elway/Marino draft like he's being portrayed by the media as, then that changes everything. If he really is that good, teams WILL line up to get him if they need a QB. When you look around the rest of the league, the successful teams have an elite QB or at least stability at the position.

If you need a QB and you believe Luck is as good as they say, then you sell the farm to get him and wait one more year to fill the rest of your teams needs since you know (barring injury) he'll be there 10+ years.

Nomad
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I love speculation and rumors of the offseason......If Harbough doesn't go to the NFL and stays at Stanford......Luck stays to play for a National Championship next year and graduate!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/jim-harbaugh-stanford-michigan-nfl/1?csp=34

SOCALORADO.
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Keep in mind though that if teams think that Luck is the best prospect to come out since the Elway/Marino draft like he's being portrayed by the media as, then that changes everything. If he really is that good, teams WILL line up to get him if they need a QB. When you look around the rest of the league, the successful teams have an elite QB or at least stability at the position.

If you need a QB and you believe Luck is as good as they say, then you sell the farm to get him and wait one more year to fill the rest of your teams needs since you know (barring injury) he'll be there 10+ years.

SF has the defense and the offense. They are missing a QB. Really, thats it. Yeah, sure they could get a player here or there, but thay are very close to being a solid team. Luck would complete the offense for them. And he stays home.
And like sarge said, the CBA gets ironed out, and the $$$ is irrelevant.

Nomad
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
SF has the defense and the offense. They are missing a QB. Really, thats it. Yeah, sure they could get a player here or there, but thay are very close to being a solid team. Luck would complete the offense for them. And he stays home.

Listening to multiple sports radio talk shows this morning, and the consensus among some of them is what big sarge pointed out about the rookie salary cap and teams are going to be jumping at the bit....who need the services of a QB!!

SF was a good example and I believe SF fans are dreaming like some of these BRONCO fans here!!:lol:

BroncoJoe
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Seriously - I doubt Elway and Harbaugh had any kind of meaningful conversation. Harbaugh was preparing for a Bowl Game, and I'd be surprised if he took time to seriously talk to Elway about the future.

Plus, Elway has too much respect for the game to try and do something like that.

Gruden may be a different story though.

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Not to mention SF seems to be the frontrunner to get Harbaugh, and then I could definitely see them selling the farm to move up to get Luck like Ditka did for Ricky Williams (for better or worse).

Like you said, that team isn't that far away, so if I'm a SF fan, I think it would be worth it to give up whatever you have to in order to move up to get him.

TXBRONC
01-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Maybe I've been misguided, but won't this will all change if/when the new CBA comes? It's almost a lock to have a rookie salary pay scale which will be the end of gigantic rookie contracts. Both the owners and players want it. The only people who don't want it are the agents and the rookies who don't have a say in the matter.

Teams will be a lot more willing to move up if they don't have to break the bank to sign the pick.

Several guys have mentioned that a rookie pay scale would changed the dynamics but no one has mentioned what it would do to the point value that picks are worth. If the number one draft pick is still worth "x" number of points you could still end up mortgaging entire draft for just one player.

BigSarge87
01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Several guys have mentioned that a rookie pay scale would changed the dynamics but no one has mentioned what it would do to the point value that picks are worth. If the number one draft pick is still worth "x" number of points you could still end up mortgaging entire draft for just one player.

But say if you had already had a 5-10 1st round pick and wanted a top three pick to get a likely franchise quarterback, I don't think it's out of the question for the teams that hold those top three picks to give it up for a top ten that year and a first the next year or combination of 2nd/3rd rounders over the next several years.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I just think we'll see a lot more high pick trades in the future. I think not wanting to give 50 million guaranteed (or whatever it is) to a player has kept a lot of trades like this from happening over the years. It should make the draft a lot more exciting.

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM

the owners, players and uinon all agree on a rookie pay scale, there will be one in the new cbA

and just like us at 2 if luck fell to us.... all they would need to do is trade back seven or so spots they could still get a impact player or Qb and gain a few picks in the process.....teams from the teens dont move up to number 1 but i wouldnt doubt a team like buffalo, Sf, Was, Arz would be willing to move up seven-10 spots to secure luck if he is that cant miss.....

BigSarge87
01-04-2011, 12:53 PM
the owners, players and uinon all agree on a rookie pay scale, there will be one in the new cba

This will be the best rule the NFL has implemented in years. I'm absolutely disgusted every year to hear how out of control it was getting.

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 12:57 PM
teams in the top ten that want luck could trade a there 1st and 2nd this year and a 2nd next year....thats not crazy for such a cant miss Qb prospect, heck you know damn well shanny would make that deal..its actually quite easy for teams in the top 12 picks to get to 1, but the factor was pay scale and no one wanting to guarentee all that cash to a unproven rookie...its always been a money thing for the first 12 picks not a draft pick thing, always....

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I love speculation and rumors of the offseason......If Harbough doesn't go to the NFL and stays at Stanford......Luck stays to play for a National Championship next year and graduate!!http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/jim-harbaugh-stanford-michigan-nfl/1?csp=34

Lucks only a sophmore.

vandammage13
01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Lucks only a sophmore.

He's a redshirt sophomore, so its his 3rd year academically. Next year would be his 4th year in school, so yeah, he could graduate if he took enough classes.

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 01:10 PM
The fact that Luck can tell Carolina to pound sand is now being reported by the media. If Harbaugh comes here, Luck will be right behind.

Think about it, if you are Carolina you can get Tebow/Orton and the Bowers kid from Auburn... All you have to do is give up a kid who says he won't sign with you anyway.

SOCALORADO.
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
The fact that Luck can tell Carolina to pound sand is now being reported by the media. If Harbaugh comes here, Luck will be right behind.

Think about it, if you are Carolina you can get Tebow/Orton and the Bowers kid from Auburn... All you have to do is give up a kid who says he won't sign with you anyway.

The rumors are floating around out here. Here we go...

Northman
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Pretty close to how i felt only i didnt hate him at Florida. But i hated drafting him but he's here and he's proven so far that he can play at this level and with the team supporting him and getting energized i think it will only get better. Andrew Leaf will just have to take his ass to Carolina. :salute:

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 01:21 PM

first bowers is actually from clemson its fairley who is from auburn, and second we would be idiots to sacrifice orton/tebow and our number 2 pick for luck, that would be ass bad in my eyes as what mike ditka did for ricky williams back in the day.....sure lets give up 2 Qb's who have proven they can play and win the NFL, plus the chance for a elite DL player in bowers all for the grand ol rights to draft a unproven luck.....lame ass idea all the way around

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
first bowers is actually from clemson its fairley who is from auburn, and second we would be idiots to sacrifice orton/tebow and our number 2 pick for luck, that would be ass bad in my eyes as what mike ditka did for ricky williams back in the day.....sure lets give up 2 Qb's who have proven they can play and win the NFL, plus the chance for a elite DL player in bowers all for the grand ol rights to draft a unproven luck.....lame ass idea all the way around

There was a / there and not an or, but now that you mention giving up both that would probably be a good idea. I don't think Orton is willing to mentor. He would be good to give to Carolna and be a serviceable QB for them. Tebow could probably get us anywhere between a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.

Luck would be told he could start from day 1 and we would just need to get a FA veteran backup that is willing to mentor him and realizes that he won't start.

Northman
01-04-2011, 01:37 PM
There was a / there and not an or, but now that you mention giving up both that would probably be a good idea. I don't think Orton is willing to mentor. He would be good to give to Carolna and be a serviceable QB for them. Tebow could probably get us anywhere between a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.

Luck would be told he could start from day 1 and we would just need to get a FA veteran backup that is willing to mentor him and realizes that he won't start.

Well, you keep living in that pipe dream brother. :lol:

BigSarge87
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Well, when you put it that way! LOL

G_Money
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Seriously - I doubt Elway and Harbaugh had any kind of meaningful conversation. Harbaugh was preparing for a Bowl Game, and I'd be surprised if he took time to seriously talk to Elway about the future.

Plus, Elway has too much respect for the game to try and do something like that.

Gruden may be a different story though.

Elway said he'd talk to Harbaugh, but after the bowl game. At least that was the second-hand quote I heard reported.

Also, Gruden basically said, "Elway's a great businessman and football mind and he'll have the organization cleaned up in no time."

Which might be a public, "I have no problem working for John, you know..." declaration of sorts.

~G

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Not the same thing as the Ditka trade at all.. not even close. Tebow hasn't proved anything yet, other than to be a project.

Plus, you want to draft an unproven DL and call him 'ELITE" when not puting Luck in the "ELITE" draft category? :confused: Why not say "moving up one spot to draft and Elite QB instead of taking a chance on some grand ol right to draft an unproven DL"

Northman
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Tebow hasn't proved anything yet, other than to be a project.

I think you can pretty much scratch the whole "project" label now. Going by the stats of two other QB's taken this offseason in the draft and looking at their numbers in their first 3 games Tebow is right up there with the bad and the good. And of course both of those teams had better supporting casts and consistent coaching as well.

Colt McCoy
23/33 281 1 TD
4-22

9/16 74 0 TD

14/19 174 0 TD
3-20 1 TD

Sam Bradford
32/55 253 1 TD

14/25 167 2 TD

23/37 235 1 TD

Tim Tebow
8/16 138 1 TD
8-78 1 TD

16/29 308 1 TD

16/36 205 2 TD
13-94 1 TD

robert ethan
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Harbaugh is Plastic Man. Or Plastic Mannequin. Someone take a cigarette lighter to his extremities.

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Not the same thing as the Ditka trade at all.. not even close. Tebow hasn't proved anything yet, other than to be a project.

Plus, you want to draft an unproven DL and call him 'ELITE" when not puting Luck in the "ELITE" draft category? :confused: Why not say "moving up one spot to draft and Elite QB instead of taking a chance on some grand ol right to draft an unproven DL"

never said luck wasnt elite there, just a waste of our time to draft him in my opinion, i really do belive we can win a SB with tim tebow and i hated the dude before he got here, hated him......

Nick
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
As I said before signing McDaniels. Harbaugh is going to be a great HC in NFL. Us and San Francisco I think are going to be the primary candidates for this.

Us getting Harbaugh doesn't mean us drafting same players from his college team he coached.

Sinthor
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM

Wow. That's quite a turn around. Mind me asking what did it for you? Sounds a bit similar to me (earlier post on this thread) except I was just ignorant about him and a bit concerned from some of what I'd read.

I've never seen a guy that accomplished so much in college get dissed so badly by some of these scouts, etc. That in itself intrigued me and made me want to know more. As I said earlier as well, now I just have this gut feeling that it would be a HUGE mistake for the team not to give Tebow the opportunity to prove himself. Haven't felt this way about a player since the old days really with Elway and Marino. I usually don't root for or "follow" players, just the team. Somehow Tebow has changed that and I'm rooting for him like I did with Marino and Elway. Weird, at least for me.

Lancane
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
I think you can pretty much scratch the whole "project" label now. Going by the stats of two other QB's taken this offseason in the draft and looking at their numbers in their first 3 games Tebow is right up there with the bad and the good. And of course both of those teams had better supporting casts and consistent coaching as well.

Colt McCoy
23/33 281 1 TD
4-22

9/16 74 0 TD

14/19 174 0 TD
3-20 1 TD

Sam Bradford
32/55 253 1 TD

14/25 167 2 TD

23/37 235 1 TD

Tim Tebow
8/16 138 1 TD
8-78 1 TD

16/29 308 1 TD

16/36 205 2 TD
13-94 1 TD

Because we fit the scheme around him he is not longer a project? The announcers were even stating we looked like the Florida Gators against the Chargers, that's not fitting our system but making it fit him...I wouldn't dismiss that label till he actually proves something, like better then 55% completion ratio and better accuracy and decision making.

Northman
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Because we fit the scheme around him he is not longer a project? The announcers were even stating we looked like the Florida Gators against the Chargers, that's not fitting our system but making it fit him...I wouldn't dismiss that label till he actually proves something, like better then 55% completion ratio and better accuracy and decision making.

You mean like how they fit the scheme around McCoy and Bradford? Point was they are all projects until they can prove their worth. And the stats show they all have done around the same in terms of playing. Your insane if you think Luck will come in here and not be a project. :lol:

Lancane
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
You mean like how they fit the scheme around McCoy and Bradford? Point was they are all projects until they can prove their worth. And the stats show they all have done around the same in terms of playing. Your insane if you think Luck will come in here and not be a project. :lol:

Learning curb with a change and coaching to be solid at the NFL level compared to needing coaching and molding to be a better quarterback and pocket passer is different, one means change and time, the other means you're a project. I like Tebow and want him to succeed, but if people feel he is not longer a project in need of some serious coaching, then they don't know shit.

Northman
01-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Learning curb with a change and coaching to be solid at the NFL level compared to needing coaching and molding to be a better quarterback and pocket passer is different, one means change and time, the other means you're a project. I like Tebow and want him to succeed, but if people feel he is not longer a project in need of some serious coaching, then they don't know shit.

You still dont make sense man. All rookie QB's need good coaching no matter what. Maybe Tebow needs a little more work than a guy like Bradford but to simple ignore what he has done compared to the other QB's and not claim them to be projects too is ridiculous. EVERY QB coming into the NFL including Luck will need serious coaching. I just find it funny that after 3 games people are still writing him off like he sucks. Its just beyond silly the hate this kid receives.

Lancane
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
You still dont make sense man. All rookie QB's need good coaching no matter what. Maybe Tebow needs a little more work than a guy like Bradford but to simple ignore what he has done compared to the other QB's and not claim them to be projects too is ridiculous. EVERY QB coming into the NFL including Luck will need serious coaching. I just find it funny that after 3 games people are still writing him off like he sucks. Its just beyond silly the hate this kid receives.

I don't hate him North, I respect the hell out of him. I think he has the physical attributes to be a franchise quarterback, he's got the passion, drive and leadership to be a franchise player and a gamebreaker.

But I also see that he's not ready to be considered an NFL quarterback, his accuracy needs work, he needs to learn to do his checkdowns better, he needs to learn to put some heat on passes in tight windows, how to read defenses let alone coverage and he needs to learn how to stay in the pocket and command the field from inside that area. He won't last long in this league if he's throwing wobbly balls and floaters to receivers, if he can not learn to be consistent and accurate nor how to step up in the pocket then he'll never be a solid NFL quarterback, it would also help if he worked on his release as well. That makes him a project, that is the difference between him and someone better at most of that like Matt Ryan or Sam Bradford. Yes, all rookies need coached, actually all players need coached whether they're rookies or veterans...but he is not yet close to shedding that project title he carries right now.