PDA

View Full Version : Now that was how football is supposed to be played!

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Stanford and their pro-style offense is a breath of fresh air in a football landscape being more and more filled with spread offenses, bubble screens, and quick dumps out of the backfield.

I counted one WR screen ran by Stanford tonight and everything else was down the field. They used a power running game to set up the pass and ate Tech alive. The play action and bootlegs were used to perfection by Luck and his ball was about as dead on accurate as a QB can be.

The best thing that can happen for the Broncos is Elway is able to work some magic and get Harbaugh and his staff on the next bizjet to Centennial.

Mark it down... Pro-style is where it is at!

Oh, and the Broncos need to get that Iron-Man LB/FB too!

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Stanford and their pro-style offense is a breath of fresh air in a football landscape being more and more filled with spread offenses, bubble screens, and quick dumps out of the backfield.

I counted one WR screen ran by Stanford tonight and everything else was down the field. They used a power running game to set up the pass and ate Tech alive. The play action and bootlegs were used to perfection by Luck and his ball was about as dead on accurate as a QB can be.

The best thing that can happen for the Broncos is Elway is able to work some magic and get Harbaugh and his staff on the next bizjet to Centennial.

Agreed

Lancane
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM

Screw that, I want that Shane Skov kid they had playing linebacker, he was a freaking beast...too bad he's a sophomore!

BroncoStud
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Screw that, I want that Shane Skov kid they had playing linebacker, he was a freaking beast...too bad he's a sophomore!

Yeah, the guy that plays ironman ball is a freaking stud, he was in for over 70 plays tonight... :eek:

Lancane
01-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah, the guy that plays ironman ball is a freaking stud, he was in for over 70 plays tonight... :eek:

That was Owen Marecic, he's a senior and that probably helped his draft stock with his performance, if he's even thinking of going into the NFL.

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 02:00 AM

Honestly, if you gave me all the Stanford coaches, all the Stanford starters, Dumerville, Champ, DJ, Dan Graham, Eddie Royal, Bannan, Lloyd, and Clady, I would take that over what we have right now.

EMB6903
01-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Daniel Graham is horrible. At this point in his career hes no better then a dwyane carswell.

zbeg
01-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Daniel Graham is horrible. At this point in his career hes no better then a dwyane carswell.

He's never really been much better than that at any point of his career. He is who he is. I tend to think of him as a sixth offensive lineman who can occasionally catch a pass on a tackle-eligible play. It helps with the blood pressure.

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 04:30 AM
That was Owen Marecic, he's a senior and that probably helped his draft stock with his performance, if he's even thinking of going into the NFL.

Yeah that's him. The curly blonde headed dude. He plays offense and defense. Would make Larsen look like a chump if he came here.

Should go rounds 4-5 with a solid combine.

Bosco
01-04-2011, 05:10 AM
Harbaugh's offense is nothing more than a traditional west coast offense. They're coming back into vogue in the college ranks, but the NFL is moving away from them with every coming year.