PDA

View Full Version : Could Tim Tebow be the deciding factor that could bring Harbaugh to Denver?

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Many people think Timmy will scare coaches away from Denver, but dont you think he could be the factor that brings them here? Especially Harbaugh? Heres my reasoning.

I think Harbaugh believes Tebow is capable
From ESPN......

"I look at Tim Tebow's throwing motion and it doesn't look that much different than Steve Young's, if you put them next to each other," said Harbaugh.
"Steve Young would drop the ball when he threw it. And he's a Hall of Fame quarterback. To me it's more important to be natural than it is to shave a tenth of a second off the time it takes to get rid of the ball."
...... Later in article...........
That said, Harbaugh believes too much has been made of Tebow's passing technique.
"I don't mess with a guy's throwing motion," said Harbaugh, who starred for five teams and led the Indianapolis Colts to the 1995 AFC Championship Game. "It's more mechanics. It's footwork. It's accuracy and decision-making."
Harbaugh said the key to Tebow's exploiting his skills as a running quarterback will be learning when to run. He'll last longer and be more effective if he's patient enough to read as many progressions as possible before high-tailing it.
"Say he only looks at one read and then runs. He can be effective that way," Harbaugh said. "[But] I don't think that's the most effective way to be a quarterback. … Ideally, you want to be able to get through three reads and then, if [the open receiver is] not there," run for daylight.

Another aspect is physicality and emotion. Harbaugh is big on passion, and physicality, and "fire in your eyes". And as you can see here Harbaugh has a similar intensity to Tebow.

Jim Firing up his squad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXeHsbHI0qU

Jim served as a QB coach for the Raiders, don't you think he'd maybe like to help craft Tebow into an elite quarterback?

sneakers
01-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I think you guys are wishful thinkers when it comes to Harbaugh.

EMB6903
01-04-2011, 01:37 AM
I think you guys are wishful thinkers when it comes to Harbaugh.

Very true.

I'd love Harbough in Denver but Im not about to get my hopes up knowing Bowlen is already paying 2 head coach salaries who arent even coaching this team.

Lancane
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Very true.

I'd love Harbough in Denver but Im not about to get my hopes up knowing Bowlen is already paying 2 head coach salaries who arent even coaching this team.

Not like it counts against the cap...if Bowlen decides to spend a little more on another head coach who are we to bitch about it? It ain't our money and doesn't effect the team's spending.

BroncoStud
01-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Very true.

I think Bowlen wants to win more than anything, and his bringing in John Elway is evidence of that. Elway has strong ties to Stanford, don't count Denver out of this race, the Broncos job is very attractive.

Lancane
01-04-2011, 02:09 AM
I think Bowlen wants to win more than anything, and his bringing in John Elway is evidence of that. Elway has strong ties to Stanford, don't count Denver out of this race, the Broncos job is very attractive.

I won't say the Denver job is attractive, let's face it we're about as attractive a job as Carolina is right now. Both teams are facing a lot of change and rebuilding, it's going to take patience, time and a fair amount of spending to get back to a championship level for either team.

Harbaugh will have to decide his own fate, he has two teams that seem serious about him in San Francisco and of course us. But, I don't see a lot happening until Wednesday evening maybe Thursday once the smoke and confetti clears from the announcement of Elway's taking the Vice President of Football Operations position with the team.

If Denver can not land a big name, Harbaugh or Gruden, that when the diligence will kick in and we'll start to see an aggressive interview process begin. Remember Denver has a back-up plan better then most in Jim Fassel, so if Denver loses out on some potential candidates they have him in the wings if they are not comfortable with the rest. Some media sources are stating that after Gruden and Harbaugh that Fassel is the obvious choice.

BeefStew25
01-04-2011, 02:11 AM
Bowlen has a slush fund. Like for Jarvis Green.

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't see Tebow running the pro-style offense that Harbaugh runs.

Notice the lack of dink and dunk bubble screens and swing passes to the RB in Stanfords system. I counted 1 screen pass tonight. Everything else was a pass down the field.

If not for the screen/bubble/swing pass that takes 80% of Tebow's passing ability away.

The offense I have seen out of Stanford the past few years requires a QB with good mechanics, not a FB/TE that has a decent arm.

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 02:44 AM

Notice the lack of dink and dunk bubble screens and swing passes to the RB in Stanfords system. I counted 1 screen pass tonight. Everything else was a pass down the field.

If not for the screen/bubble/swing pass that takes 80% of Tebow's passing ability away.

The offense I have seen out of Stanford the past few years requires a QB with good mechanics, not a FB/TE that has a decent arm.

If anything thats where Tebow excels. Your argument doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Where Tim seems to struggle is those quick slants and those types of passes.

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 03:02 AM
If anything thats where Tebow excels. Your argument doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Where Tim seems to struggle is those quick slants and those types of passes.

Tebow has a decent deep ball. That one throw to Gafney was great. Lloyd looked like MJ and made a few spectacular catches on a couple others.

The screen/swing pass is Tebow's bread and butter though.

bigtimebronco
01-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Tebow has a decent deep ball. That one throw to Gafney was great. Lloyd looked like MJ and made a few spectacular catches on a couple others.

*Mike McCoys bread and butter.

zbeg
01-04-2011, 03:25 AM

We have no idea what his bread and butter is. He's played all of three games in the NFL and he's learning an pro style offense for the first time this year. We don't have any sense of how good or bad he'll be at, well, much of anything. We've seen what, maybe 80 attempts total?

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2011, 04:32 AM

Tebow's bread and butter is throwing the ball down field, not screen passes. He's actually more accurate when he throws the ball down field.

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Tebow's bread and butter is throwing the ball down field, not screen passes. He's actually more accurate when he throws the ball down field.

we all saw the shot put screen to bucky. was ugly but worked.

the last two hail mary throws at the end of the chargers game showed he has a cannon.

i think its his timing and properly going through his reads that will make him a much better qb. that can be coached and corrected but the athletism cant. he has a whole offseason to work on things and i think he will come back next year looking way better as a passing qb.

the thing that disturbed me was the report that said tebow wasnt taught but just a hand full of plays even up until the raider game. once he gets comfortable and has all the plays in his head i think his timing is going to be on point. you could see real progress as each game went on.

he does need a pass catching tight end though.

SOCALORADO.
01-04-2011, 08:55 AM

This always amazes me. For some reason folks think he cant throw deep, but can dink and dunk. And its actually the opposite!
He is wildly inaccurate on short passes, and when he loads up and throws deep, is as accurate as any QB ive ever seen.

TXBRONC
01-04-2011, 09:08 AM

I think you're assuming way to much what is and what is not in Harbaugh's play book. Just because we didn't see a lot screen passes doesn't mean by any stretch that they're not in his playbook. From what I saw of game they didn't use screen passes because the Hokies didn't seem to get a whole lot of pressure on Luck.

TimBuff10
01-04-2011, 01:18 PM

Yikes!