PDA

View Full Version : So this is the Luck everyone drools over?

cardoso
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I live in cali, I've seen luck beat bad pac 10 defenses. He's overrated in my opinion. And watching this game makes me believe it even more. So if this is the best prospect qb in the last 20 years why are we not seeing it?

TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

BroncoBJ
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
You're opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is what ESPN and analysts say. They will make all the dumb fans with no football knowledge or no opinions believe that Luck is the best QB in the world. :coffee:

BroncoWave
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I was at work and missed the first half. Been reading he hasn't looked that great. I'm watching the second half now.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
You're opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is what ESPN and analysts say. They will make all the dumb fans with no football knowledge or no opinions believe that Luck is the best QB in the world. :coffee:

I mean this is only one game but its his BIGGEST game and if he was that special he'd be carrying his team. I can't believe the amount of hype for this dude. OK he's good but he's not the best thing to ever come out of the draft. that was Ryan Leaf and how did that turn out?

broken12
01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
manning had the same hype never won a bowl game and choked in most big games, look at what he did in the nfl!@

camdisco24
01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah QB's with a TON of hype around them always scare me. Sure, some are going to live up to it... but a majority will fail or just be mediocre.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I mean this is only one game but its his BIGGEST game and if he was that special he'd be carrying his team. I can't believe the amount of hype for this dude. OK he's good but he's not the best thing to ever come out of the draft. that was Ryan Leaf and how did that turn out?

Weren't you also saying Troy Calhoun is our next HC? My oh my...

cardoso
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM
and he just hits a wide open wr on a blown coverage like he's done all year and now his stats will be padded and espn will talk about them.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 10:58 PM
manning had the same hype never won a bowl game and choked in most big games, look at what he did in the nfl!@

yea he continues to choke in big games :lol:

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 10:59 PM
and he just hits a wide open wr on a blown coverage like he's done all year and now his stats will be padded and espn will talk about them.

That was very Tebowesque to Brandon Lloyd in the endzone. AND he could get us Jim Harbaugh, who's much better than this guy Troy Calhoun.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 10:59 PM

and this has to do with what part of the thread???? :welcome: you seem to be a little obsessed. 25/M/CA and you ?:D

Lancane
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
and this has to do with what part of the thread???? :welcome: you seem to be a little obsessed. 25/M/CA and you ?:D

Nothing, it has to do with your credibility of football knowledge though! ;)

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM

DoI need to show you where you stand with the cardoso moronic thread counter? I believe this makes it #7. When you hit 10, I will officially add a the counter number to my sig. PLease keep them coming.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
He looks more like Mark Sanchez than John Elway. He has nowhere near the arm strength of Elway and doesn't have the escape ability, either. He'll probably make a decent pro, but he looks like an Eli Manning/Mark Sanchez type.

His arm is just average by NFL standards. I haven't seen him make one throw that made me go "wow". Tyrod Taylor has made better throws tonight.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Does cardoso get an added bonus in the cardoso moronic thread counter for posting this thread in the wrong section? I don't believe Andrew Luck has anything to do with current Denver Broncos discussion.

BroncoWave
01-03-2011, 11:05 PM

lolwut?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/images/admin/peyton_manning_with_super_bowl_trophy.jpg

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Nothing, it has to do with your credibility of football knowledge though! ;)
so being wrong about who our coach was going to be after hearing some words means I don't know football. Nice!!! I want to take the same philosophy coursed you did! It looks like they really paid off for your. :lol:

anyways if you want to talk on the subject go for it. If not I hope you get a message from a mod about trolling, because you've been doing that alot lately. Man crushes are bad for your health.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
He looks more like Mark Sanchez than John Elway. He has nowhere near the arm strength of Elway and doesn't have the escape ability, either. He'll probably make a decent pro, but he looks like an Eli Manning/Mark Sanchez type.

His arm is just average by NFL standards. I haven't seen him make one throw that made me go "wow". Tyrod Taylor has made better throws tonight.

Well I could have told you that, he's got a better arm then Locker, but the strongest two quarterbacks in the draft is Ryan Mallett and Pat Devlin.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Jeez. Now THAT was a great play by Luck!

Lancane
01-03-2011, 11:09 PM
so being wrong about who our coach was going to be after hearing some words means I don't know football. Nice!!! I want to take the same philosophy coursed you did! It looks like they really paid off for your. :lol:

anyways if you want to talk on the subject go for it. If not I hope you get a message from a mod about trolling, because you've been doing that alot lately. Man crushes are bad for your health.

Yes, I'm a troll...can't you tell, ask anyone on this board, I'm sure your credibility is astounding them and they believe the same as you do.

:coffee:

red98
01-03-2011, 11:09 PM

He had some escape ability on that last play.

jhildebrand
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
That throw under pressure was SICK. If that doesn't win a person over, nothing will.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
He had some escape ability on that last play.

I think what makes him such a hot prospect not only his vision and ability to read defensive plays but also his overall intelligence and leadership ability not to mention he has a good, solid arm and can also use his legs to make plays.

hamrob
01-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Lucks good. He reminds me of Eli Manning. But, he's nowhere near the talent that Peyton Manning was (coming out of Tenn.).

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Hmm. Another great play by Luck. TD. Dude is just a field sargent out there throwing short bullet passes and long bombs all the way down the field to the tune of now 33 points against the #13 ranked team in the nation. Unbelievable.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
YES. this is the kid. THIS is the player. This is how you play QB. Luck and Tebow aer LIGHT years apart from one another.

After watching yesterday, and tonight, it just makes me dream for Luck that much more.

dunk7
I'm sure a lot of nut-hugging Tebow mancrushers will take every opportunity to criticize Luck. I'm sorry, but this guy is the real deal. He reminds me of Aaron Rogers.

Lancane
Lucks good. He reminds me of Eli Manning. But, he's nowhere near the talent that Peyton Manning was (coming out of Tenn.).

He reminds me more of Phillip Rivers in all truthfulness, he can spread the field and has great presence and leadership qualities.

JONtheBRONCO
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Lol - yes, this is the Andrew Luck everyone is drooling over, because he really is that good. Just stroking it out there. And don't let the interception fool you if you're just looking at stats. He has dominated tonight.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
notto mention the way he checks. ... looks.. moves away safeties...

Lancane
You got to be wondering what Elway is thinking as he's watching this on the sidelines...

:eek:

atwater27

/thread.

broken12
01-03-2011, 11:22 PM

yeah in playoffs nine years in a row one superbowl to show for it against a talentless bears offense and barely won that game, anyways, i was talking about his college career choking off the big games

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:22 PM
You got to be wondering what Elway is thinking as he's watching this on the sidelines...

:eek:

I know what he's thinking. "I want that kid in Denver."

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:23 PM
This is the most retarded thread I have ever seen. ever. Congrats Cardoso.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I know what he's thinking. "I want that kid in Denver."

That and probably thanking God that Oakland doesn't have the first overall pick in the draft.

:lol:

underrated29

It sooo funny that you say that. I have not seen one second of the bowl game tonight. Because tonight is the first night I have seen my son in 3 weeks. Knowing this though, i watched some of his highlights today right after work...

...and that is exactly what I thought. He reminds me of Eli Manning/mark sanchez...I thought brees but not as polished-but he is young still.

how does the guy look tonight? From the first page and a half sounds not so good.

DenBronx
Actually yes this is the Luck that everyone is drooling over. Don't know what game you're watching bud?

Truth is though, we already have a pretty amazing QB so all this talk about Luck is irrelevant.

I like the FB, Maricec, from Stanford though. He also can play FB. I have seen several games this year and he is going to be a starter for someone at FB.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:25 PM
lolwut?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/images/admin/peyton_manning_with_super_bowl_trophy.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8b9YXBn_-qRdk-cf9-_1Kfpr3QPpVmqeI2DMh-z1TV5tUj4KV

Let's look at Mannings Career. yes he won a superbowl, he played great. I love manning, but lets stop acting like he's actually carried his team anywhere..

2002: Indianapolis Colts at. New York Jets (41-0 Loss)

Manning: 14 of 31 for 137 yards, zero touchdowns and two interceptions. QB rating: 31.2.

2003: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (24-14 Loss)

Manning: 23 of 47 for 237 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. QB rating: 35.5.

2004: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (20-3 Loss)

Manning: 27 of 42 for 238 yards, zero touchdowns and one interceptions. QB rating: 69.3.

2005 Pittsburg Steelers at Indianapolis Colts (21-18 loss)

3 interceptions

2006 finally superbowl winner!

2007 San Diego Chargers vs Indianapolis Colts (28-24 loss)

2 interceptions

2008 Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers (23-17 loss)

2009 super bowl vs saints (31-17 loss)

Throws game ending Interception

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Actually yes this is the Luck that everyone is drooling over. Don't know what game you're watching bud?

Truth is though, we already have a pretty amazing QB so all this talk about Luck is irrelevant.

I like the FB, Maricec, from Stanford though. He also can play FB. I have seen several games this year and he is going to be a starter for someone at FB.

I've seen him hit two wide open wr's for a td. I'm yet to see anything this year that says hes the best prospet in over 20 years. Do you guys watch ESPN or do you guys actually watch games? Me being a USC fan and living in Cali this now my 7th time seeing him this year. Good is one thing but best prospect in 20 years, trade tebow and draft luck is ridiculous.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM
guys.... lol.... the scouts don't look at stats!! but thats cute.

He's never supposed to ahve the arm of Elway.. but has the consensus rating better than ANYONE since Elway, and you guys want to try and compare them to Eli and a lame Sanchez?

Watch him play. He's LIGHT years ahead of where Tebow is, its not even close.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Abolutely. I'd trade Tebow for Luck 2 times a day, if it would get it done.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, I'm a troll...can't you tell, ask anyone on this board, I'm sure your credibility is astounding them and they believe the same as you do.

sorry that post was not for you it was for milkyway or whatever that screen name is.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:30 PM
YES. this is the kid. THIS is the player. This is how you play QB. Luck and Tebow aer LIGHT years apart from one another.

After watching yesterday, and tonight, it just makes me dream for Luck that much more.

LMAO Tebow played against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL last week and almost brought the broncos back to victory.

Luck hits two wide open wr's and he's THE BEST COLLEGE QB EVER.

LOL I guess it's people like you that blow all this garbage up. :lol: Nice comparison buddy!

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:31 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8b9YXBn_-qRdk-cf9-_1Kfpr3QPpVmqeI2DMh-z1TV5tUj4KV

Let's look at Mannings Career. yes he won a superbowl, he played great. I love manning, but lets stop acting like he's actually carried his team anywhere..

2002: Indianapolis Colts at. New York Jets (41-0 Loss)

Manning: 14 of 31 for 137 yards, zero touchdowns and two interceptions. QB rating: 31.2.

2003: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (24-14 Loss)

Manning: 23 of 47 for 237 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. QB rating: 35.5.

2004: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (20-3 Loss)

Manning: 27 of 42 for 238 yards, zero touchdowns and one interceptions. QB rating: 69.3.

2005 Pittsburg Steelers at Indianapolis Colts (21-18 loss)

3 interceptions

2006 finally superbowl winner!

2007 San Diego Chargers vs Indianapolis Colts (28-24 loss)

2 interceptions

2008 Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers (23-17 loss)

2009 super bowl vs saints (31-17 loss)

Throws game ending Interception

You are a Broncos fan, right? Wanna pull up all of Elway's horrible games in the playoffs and the Super Bowl?

And you think Tebow is better than Manning i bet. :laugh:

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:33 PM
LMAO Tebow played against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL last week and almost brought the broncos back to victory.

LOL I guess it's people like you that blow all this garbage up. :lol: Nice comparison buddy!

You really are making yoruself look foolish. THe scouts didn't rate him based on this one game. They don't look at stats, and they don't listen to guys like you that obviously don't know a single thing of which they are talking.

He has the highest rating of a QB since Elway. Thats not the "Greatest QBEer." Do some research, do some reading, educate yourself just a little bit... buddy.

broken12
01-03-2011, 11:36 PM
You are a Broncos fan, right? Wanna pull up all of Elway's horrible games in the playoffs and the Super Bowl?

wanna pull up what manning has and the rules that have been changed for players like himn to thrive in the nfl, elway never had offensive players before the 96 season, manning played with probably the best pass catching te in nfl two hall of fame calliber recievers for them years and had good defenses, elway on mannings team would have won more than one sb, manning on denvers teams of the eighties wouldnt have made the playoffs or six years in the league!

DenBronx
I've seen him hit two wide open wr's for a td. I'm yet to see anything this year that says hes the best prospet in over 20 years. Do you guys watch ESPN or do you guys actually watch games? Me being a USC fan and living in Cali this now my 7th time seeing him this year. Good is one thing but best prospect in 20 years, trade tebow and draft luck is ridiculous.

Why are you quoting me on this garbage?

#1 I'm not only watching the game but I'm DVRing it.
#2 I live an hour from Stanford and have watched many games this year
#3 I've never ever ever everrrr said let's draft Luck.

I said Luck is a great prospect, maybe one of the only one worthy of #1 overall this year. I never said trade player X so we can trade up for player Y. Even so, I not blind and I know talent when I see it and Luck is extremely talented.

So don't go twisting it.

cardoso

Who gives a shit about Tebow or Manning. This thread is about luck and his overrated title of best prospect in the last 20 years. I bet alot of you guys do nothign more than watch ESPN highlights. I bet this is the first Luck game alot of you have seen. Why dont you guys research pac 10's defense.

Oh lookie here ANOTHER WIDE OPEN WR FOR A TD! :lol: that's what i've seen all year. Throws any qb can make. So can someone point me to some games and passes where he earned his best prospect in 20 years title?

You guys are the ones to go to espn.com and look at his stats and say wooooow this kid amazing. :lol:

tripleoption
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
:pop2:

cardoso
wanna pull up what manning has and the rules that have been changed for players like himn to thrive in the nfl, elway never had offensive players before the 96 season, manning played with probably the best pass catching te in nfl two hall of fame calliber recievers for them years and had good defenses, elway on mannings team would have won more than one sb, manning on denvers teams of the eighties wouldnt have made the playoffs or six years in the league!

For as talented and good as Manning is what you say is right. Add one of the best offensive lines every year to your list. Manning is a bit overrated as well. he's a genius on the field, but his play has added up to mostly failures in the post season. he's one of the biggest chokers in the playoffs we've ever seen.

silkamilkamonico
This thread has worked absolutely beautifully. I remember an interview with harbaugh last year, and he was saying this Andrew Luck kid, he thought, was the best QB in the nation. I was like what/who?? He then proceeded to say how, even as a freshmen by the middle of the season, he had full command of the offense, had control over audibling to play action or even changing the formation at the LOS. The kid reads EVERYTHING on the the field. That is a rare commodity in college, and one of the reasons why he is thought as high as he is. There are NFL starting QB's who can't do that. He has the intelligence to get to a point where he can dictate the flow of the game, much in the same way a PManning or DBrees does.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:40 PM
For the record he isn't the "best prospect" in the last 20 years.

underrated29
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Love this kid. I actually wanted to put him in my mock, but because he is such a good runner as well as blocker I figured he would get drafted in the 4-5 range...But if he made it to us at 6...we should pull the trigger. However, I do believe he does not, so went with the 2nd best in chapas.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:42 PM
You guys are the ones to go to espn.com and look at his stats and say wooooow this kid amazing. :lol:

Stats? Stats? So the NFL scouts and every other scout, is purely looking at stats?? really? This is why you are proving to be ignorant as to whats being said.. and most importantly... why. See, there is a reason he's considered to be a great prospect, and it has NOTHING to do with stats. I know, in a fantasy football world, this is hard for you to understand,and since you obviously don't know football, you don't know what else to look at.

But trust me, those that know what they are looking at, are not looking at the stats that you are trying SOOO hard to discredit.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
For the record he isn't the "best prospect" in the last 20 years.

for the record.. he is actually the "best prospect" in 27 years.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Love this kid. I actually wanted to put him in my mock, but because he is such a good runner as well as blocker I figured he would get drafted in the 4-5 range...But if he made it to us at 6...we should pull the trigger. However, I do believe he does not, so went with the 2nd best in chapas.

I have him in mine in round 6. Alot like when we got Hillis late. I think might go a little higher though because he can also play defense and teams will look at that.

Anyhow, the kids got a motor and would be an excellent FB. Something we need.

If he's there in round 6 we better pull the trigger.

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Who gives a shit about Tebow or Manning. This thread is about luck and his overrated title of best prospect in the last 20 years. I bet alot of you guys do nothign more than watch ESPN highlights. I bet this is the first Luck game alot of you have seen. Why dont you guys research pac 10's defense.

Oh lookie here ANOTHER WIDE OPEN WR FOR A TD! :lol: that's what i've seen all year. Throws any qb can make. So can someone point me to some games and passes where he earned his best prospect in 20 years title?

The funniest parts of this thread where you are trying to bash the guy is where at first he didn't start out hot, so you said "Look look he sucks because his stats suck!"

Then he throws a TD and you say "look it was a fluke look how wide open the guy was!"

Then he throws another..... and another.... and another and after each one you say "look how wide open the guy was, but he still sucks! Just because he put up good stats doesn't mean he is good!"

This thread will go down in history as a classic. I'll make sure to pull it up and dust it off now and then just for you.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:44 PM

Ha.

I'm not even sure he would have been drafted ahead of Bradford.

Please be joking Ravage.

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Ha.

Please be joking Ravage.

I think you may be in the minority on this take. Dude is pretty much a consensus superstud in the scouting/coaching world.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Ha.

Please be joking Ravage.

I'm not joking. Have you been reading? There is reasons. The kid is THAT good. He has the HIGHEST rating, of ANY college player, SINCE ELway (elway has the highest of any player ever).

They don't just give out ratings like this to anyone. ITs not press hype. Its not Stanford hype. These are the guys that do this for nearly every college player that has come out since doing this, and highest rating SINCE Elway. Bradford wasn't close.

So yes.. He would have been drafted ahead of Bradford, and I'm not joking, Den.

underrated29
01-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I dont think he is joking...

That is why I think the FB goes earlier like the 4-5 range because of the success of hillis and tolbert....but you are 100% right. If he is there we have to pull the trigger. Problem is our 6th rd pick is the last pick of the 7th, iirc.

How has he looked anyway-since I cant watch the game.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:48 PM

these are the moronic claims that crack me up :lol: Reggie bush was a better prospect than luck. Keep on with your man crush

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
You really are making yoruself look foolish. THe scouts didn't rate him based on this one game. They don't look at stats, and they don't listen to guys like you that obviously don't know a single thing of which they are talking.

He has the highest rating of a QB since Elway. Thats not the "Greatest QBEer." Do some research, do some reading, educate yourself just a little bit... buddy.

way to twist and back track! it was you that compared this game to tebows game vs the chargers :lol:

doncomon
Lets not anoint Luck yet. They said Clauson was better than Tebow, and Bradford was way ahead, right now I say that Tebow is the best in the rookie class.

Here is Tebow's highlights against the #5 team last year in the sugar bowl. 31 for 35, 482 yards and 51 yards rushing. Probably one of the greatest games ever for a colllege quarterback to show he could throw.

Watch these throws Tebo makes in this game. Let him go back to his old motion as Harbaugh coach of Stanford says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx63zMH8uKk

DenBronx
I think you may be in the minority on this take. Dude is pretty much a consensus superstud in the scouting/coaching world.

I probably am but how is he a higher prospect than Manning was?

I think Luck will be a for sure thing but I can't honestly say he is the best prospect in the last 20-30 years.

dunk7
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

You're right, Tebow only had Aaron Hernandez, Louis Murphy, Percy Harvin and David Nelson to throw to. Those guys were nexer open.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:51 PM
The funniest parts of this thread where you are trying to bash the guy is where at first he didn't start out hot, so you said "Look look he sucks because his stats suck!"

Then he throws a TD and you say "look it was a fluke look how wide open the guy was!"

Then he throws another..... and another.... and another and after each one you say "look how wide open the guy was, but he still sucks! Just because he put up good stats doesn't mean he is good!"

This thread will go down in history as a classic. I'll make sure to pull it up and dust it off now and then just for you.

Challenge to you. go ahead and quote me where i said he sucks because his stats suck. I'll be waiting. Don't you post NOTHING ELSE until you quote where i said he sucked because his stats sucked in the game. Go for it i'll be waiting. Don't show your face without a quote.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm not joking. Have you been reading? There is reasons. The kid is THAT good. He has the HIGHEST rating, of ANY college player, SINCE ELway (elway has the highest of any player ever).

They don't just give out ratings like this to anyone. ITs not press hype. Its not Stanford hype. These are the guys that do this for nearly every college player that has come out since doing this, and highest rating SINCE Elway. Bradford wasn't close.

So yes.. He would have been drafted ahead of Bradford, and I'm not joking, Den.

I like the kid. ALOT!

But,

Why does it even matter?

He won't end up being a Bronco.

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Ha.

Please be joking Ravage.

Do you really think he's joking??? :lol:

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
They are interviewing Harbaugh now. He took the lime light right off of himself and said talk to Chase.

What a classy HC....I would love to see him in Denver.

chazoe60
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I'll start by saying (or typing as it were lol! Stupid ass joke, I should be strangled. Anyway) that I want to see this team draft defense and build this team around Tebow. I honestly think Tebow will be special. He won't do it in the conventional way and it will look awkward and flat out weird at times, but he will be a winner in this league as a QB. And he's just flat our fun as Hell to watch.

With that said: The only other QB that I would be happy with starting for this team next season is Andrew Luck. We are in full blown rebuilding mode and I personally want to see this team built around a young franchise QB. I thought we had that then McD came in and screwed that all up. Now we have an opportunity to do that again. I prefer it be with Tebow and devote all our resources to Defense and a good TE. But, if it is with Luck I could at least live with that. Luck is going to be special as well.

So I guess I'll be happy either way, but I would hate to see Tebow go.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Do you really think he's joking??? :lol:

No....lol

But I don't get why some don't think we can't win with Tebow. It's mind boggling. We have bigger needs than QB right now.

And Carolina will draft Luck.

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Challenge to you. go ahead and quote me where i said he sucks because his stats suck. I'll be waiting. Don't you post NOTHING ELSE until you quote where i said he sucked because his stats sucked in the game. Go for it i'll be waiting. Don't show your face without a quote.

:lol: The only challenge I will accept from you is trying to understand your logic.

Tell us all some more about how overrated Andrew Luck is. We're all ears.

dunk7
01-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Lets not anoint Luck yet. They said Clauson was better than Tebow, and Bradford was way ahead, right now I say that Tebow is the best in the rookie class.

Here is Tebow's highlights against the #5 team last year in the sugar bowl. 31 for 35, 482 yards and 51 yards rushing. Probably one of the greatest games ever for a colllege quarterback to show he could throw.

Watch these throws Tebo makes in this game. Let him go back to his old motion as Harbaugh coach of Stanford says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx63zMH8uKk

Better than Bradford? That's pretty lofty considering Bradford had no quality WR's and he played all year whereas Tebow only won 1 of 3 games and didn't exactly tear it up passing the ball.

JDL
01-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I live in cali, I've seen luck beat bad pac 10 defenses. He's overrated in my opinion. And watching this game makes me believe it even more. So if this is the best prospect qb in the last 20 years why are we not seeing it?

TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

Your opinion of Luck = LACKING

cardoso
01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
No....lol

But I don't get why some don't think we can't win with Tebow. It's mind boggling. We have bigger needs than QB right now.

And Carolina will draft Luck.

EXACTLY! I sometimes wonder how many years some of these guys have been bronco fans. It's amazing that any bronco fan from the last 4 years would be happy drafting ANOTHER offensive guy in the first round and then continue to watch other teams in the playoffs because our defense is just plain pathetic. You can throw manning or brady on this team and we wouldn't make the playoffs. Any denver fan that actually wants to draft luck needs to get their head check and go back and watch some bronco games.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 12:00 AM
:lol: The only challenge I will accept from you is trying to understand your logic.

Tell us all some more about how overrated Andrew Luck is. We're all ears.

He's played against horrible defenses ALL YEAR and has hit nothing but wide open wr's all year, just like he did 3 times tonight. The dude is good, what i'm saying is that he's not anywhere near the best prospect in "27 years" :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-04-2011, 12:00 AM
way to twist and back track! it was you that compared this game to tebows game vs the chargers :lol:

what? I compared the PLAY :lol:

Just what we need, another ignorant poster to flap his fingers without a single ounce of intelligence showing.

atwater27
01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
He's played against horrible defenses ALL YEAR and has hit nothing but wide open wr's all year, just like he did 3 times tonight. The dude is good, what i'm saying is that he's not anywhere near the best prospect in "27 years" :lol:

The best QB's make it look easy.

Dapper Dan
4 touchdowns.
5 incompletions.
He also seems like a classing guy.
He reminds me of Matt Ryan.

JDL
I probably am but how is he a higher prospect than Manning was?

I think Luck will be a for sure thing but I can't honestly say he is the best prospect in the last 20-30 years.

YES

Ryan Leaf was debated right with Peyton Manning. Manning always had issues in big games which left people questioning him.

Michael Vick was the highest rated QB prospect since John Elway for whatever that is worth and Andrew Luck is a once a decade type prospect.

I don't know why so many Tebow fans are so damn threatened? lol... Carolina won't give the kid up to anyone period. He is THAT good, just deal with it and enjoy watching him tear up the NFC.

JDL
01-04-2011, 12:03 AM
EXACTLY! I sometimes wonder how many years some of these guys have been bronco fans. It's amazing that any bronco fan from the last 4 years would be happy drafting ANOTHER offensive guy in the first round and then continue to watch other teams in the playoffs because our defense is just plain pathetic. You can throw manning or brady on this team and we wouldn't make the playoffs. Any denver fan that actually wants to draft luck needs to get their head check and go back and watch some bronco games.

Or you need to go and check how many times QBs like Manning and Brady have missed the playoffs. :coffee:

But, I suppose that would require educating oneself. And I am not advocating drafting Luck ... but if we had the #1 pick, you don't pass on Luck... period. That's dumb.

jhildebrand
01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
these are the moronic claims that crack me up :lol: Reggie bush was a better prospect than luck. Keep on with your man crush

Hype and prospect are two different things.

By the way, it might no be wise to criticise Luck for hitting wide open WR's. Afterall, Tebow did miss some wide open WR's yesterday. Just sayin.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2011, 12:04 AM

TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

Lame. Let Luck's performance stand on its own and let Tebow's performance stand on its own.

I saw a good, not great, performance out of Luck but it's easy to see why pro scouts are so high on this kid. He's got everything you want in an NFL QB although I'll be interested to see if he's really 6-4 when independent scouts measure him. The prototype is somebody 6-5 and Luck didn't look that tall to me.

Of course, Drew Brees proved you don't have to be tall to be a great NFL quarterback.

dunk7
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM

HAHAHAHAHA...your comments are pretty comical. Brady and Manning couldn't get this team into the playoffs...I love it...The pats defense is plain brutal, along with the Colts D. Do me a favor and get NFL Sunday Ticket next year so that you can watch some football before posting such drivel.

BTW, Tebow posted on twitter that he wants the underwear you stole from him back.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM

:lol: you compared Tebow vs the NFL's top rated Defense (in a game he almost carried the broncos to victory)

vs

Luck hitting wide open wr's vs a college secondary

you're man crush is so obvious

BeefStew25
01-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Good points Hoof. I also think Dave Krieg was short.

Thnikkaman
01-04-2011, 12:06 AM

yeah, he won in one superbowl that was probably the worst superbowl ever, and then choked last year. Most years he can't make it out of the playoffs.

chazoe60
01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Luck is going to be awesome, in a Panthers uni. Tebow will be the awesome one wearing the Broncos gear, so let's worry about him.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
HAHAHAHAHA...your comments are pretty comical. Brady and Manning couldn't get this team into the playoffs...I love it...The pats defense is plain brutal, along with the Colts D. Do me a favor and get NFL Sunday Ticket next year so that you can watch some football before posting such drivel.

BTW, Tebow posted on twitter that he wants the underwear you stole from him back.

I've had NFL ticket for some time. Weak insults don't better your argument. Let me ask you a question

Who has given up the most 30pt games since 2007 in the NFL? This team has given up 28 30 point games......

The denver broncos

What team gave up almost 100 points and 1000yds vs one team this year??

The broncos

You are delusional if you think manning or brady on this team do anything! Both of them are as unmobile as they come. They get killed behind our offensive line.

Keep showing how little you know, I'm enjoying it. :lol:

cardoso
01-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Or you need to go and check how many times QBs like Manning and Brady have missed the playoffs. :coffee:

But, I suppose that would require educating oneself. And I am not advocating drafting Luck ... but if we had the #1 pick, you don't pass on Luck... period. That's dumb.

Go for it educate me! Go ahead and educate me on the teams with Defenses ranked in the bottom 3 that have ever won a superbowl. I'll be waiting.

underrated29
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM

whoa whoa whoa, lets not take it that far boys.

Only 5 teams in the HISTORY OF THE NFL have had a worse defense than ours this year. Bob Slowicks defense was better! The Lions of any year except in the 70s has been better.

we gave up over 6,000 yards and like 700 points or some number that is soo amazing it makes my pecker hurt.
Do not kid yourselves. Our D has been so bad for so long that it does not seem so pathetic. But it 100% is.

NO QB in the NFL right now could take our team anywhere with our defense.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 12:15 AM
whoa whoa whoa, lets not take it that far boys.

Only 5 teams in the HISTORY OF THE NFL have had a worse defense than ours this year. Bob Slowicks defense was better! The Lions of any year except in the 70s has been better.

we gave up over 6,000 yards and like 700 points or some number that is soo amazing it makes my pecker hurt.
Do not kid yourselves. Our D has been so bad for so long that it does not seem so pathetic. But it 100% is.

NO QB in the NFL right now could take our team anywhere with our defense.

not according to Ravage! :lol: i bet according to Ravage Luck could suit up for the Seahawks this weekend and lead them to victory. :lol:

I have to admit Ravage is quite amusing though. He somehow has tricked himself into believing his posts are actually the only ones that matter and he thinks he's so sure of them. In reality each time he posts he only shows how little he knows.

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 12:19 AM

So if the Rams had the #1 overall they should draft Luck because he is a higher college prospect than Bradford was. Even though the Rams have bigger areas of need? That's dumb. Should the Eagles draft Luck if they had the #1 overall with Kolb and Vick at the helm? I could go on...

For the record I don't think Tebow is a polished passer, nor do I think he's anywhere near the passer Luck is. But I do think we can win with him and that we shouldn't ignore defense any longer.

And someone brought up Leaf. How did that work out? Alex Smith? Brady Quinn was even considered a top 10 "for sure" NFL ready QB. Jamarcus Russel? Vince Young? How did that work out for them?

No one really ever knows until you step on an NFL field and prove it. What you do in college gets you drafted but what you do in the NFL keeps you employed and so far Tebow has proven more in the NFL than Luck has.

Not hugging on T's jock like most Tebow fanboys do but I think he deserves a chance to prove himself. Montana threw one of the ugliest balls at times, Steve Young had a horrible delivery yet somehow was very effective. I think Tebow can and will prove people very wrong. JMHO...I'm not Mike Mayock or some random scout. I'm just a fan and I see alot of good things in this kid.

But....IT IS IMPORTANT to evaluate Luck because anything could happen on draft day. The worst thing we could do is not be prepared if Luck doesn't go to Carolina. If someone offered a good deal for Tebow then I think we at least have to talk about it, not saying do it but everything has to be considered.

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 12:23 AM
I mean if this is the case then 80% of the teams in the NFL should just go ahead and trade away their whole draft to the Panthers.

Much like Ditka did with the Saints for Ricky Williams.

I mean if he is an God in the NFL already then why not trade your whole draft? Mannings getting older and needs a new contract so the Colts should think about their future and just dump Manning now.

Dapper Dan
01-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Just because Luck is highly scouted doesn't mean he will be a bad NFL player.
Just because Luck is highly scouted doesn't mean he will be a great NFL player.

People always have to be on extremes on both sides. Everyone thinks he has to be the next Manning/Brady or he has to be the next Leaf/Russell.

Why are we even arguing this? 95% of everything you guys say will be wrong. Those few who do have a couple of lines that will be proven right will put it on their sig and boast about it.

zbeg
01-04-2011, 12:32 AM

You realize quarterbacks don't play defense, right? I mean, I know there's the whole "quarterbacks get too much of the credit and too much of the blame" thing, but this is ridiculous.

I think Brady and Manning are both absolutely ridiculous and are, in fact, the greatest quarterbacks since sliced bread. However, unless Brady's moonlighting as a safety and Manning's playing OLB on the side, it's not happening.

What would either of those QBs do about the defense? Shoot down opposing ballcarriers with laser eyes from the sidelines?

Sheesh. Of ALL THE PROBLEMS DENVER HAD THIS YEAR, the passing game is the only thing that went well. But hey, let's upgrade the quarterback! Yeah, that'll get us into the playoffs. With ninja laser Brady!

:banghead:

DenBronx
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm watching the press conference right now with Luck and Harbaugh. Luck seems like a very intellegent QB.

In just two years as a starter he already has 2000 more yards and 12 more touchdowns then Elway had.

Pretty impressive.

camdisco24
01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm watching the press conference right now with Luck and Harbaugh. Luck seems like a very intellegent QB.

In just two years as a starter he already has 2000 more yards and 12 more touchdowns then Elway had.

Pretty impressive.

Check out that O-line... Not saying he's not great, but alot of QB's could put up big numbers with the protection he has.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Check out that O-line... Not saying he's not great, but alot of QB's could put up big numbers with the protection he has.

Oline plus horrible defenses! Look at all his td's tonight! The same as all year. Wide open wr's for td's :coffee: any good qb should be able to make those throws.

cardoso
01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
You realize quarterbacks don't play defense, right? I mean, I know there's the whole "quarterbacks get too much of the credit and too much of the blame" thing, but this is ridiculous.

I think Brady and Manning are both absolutely ridiculous and are, in fact, the greatest quarterbacks since sliced bread. However, unless Brady's moonlighting as a safety and Manning's playing OLB on the side, it's not happening.

What would either of those QBs do about the defense? Shoot down opposing ballcarriers with laser eyes from the sidelines?

Sheesh. Of ALL THE PROBLEMS DENVER HAD THIS YEAR, the passing game is the only thing that went well. But hey, let's upgrade the quarterback! Yeah, that'll get us into the playoffs. With ninja laser Brady!

:banghead:

I'm glad you guys showed up! I was starting to think the people on this message board didn't have a clue of what has ruined the broncos the last 4 years. I'm glad some of these posters aren't making decisions for our beloved Broncos.

atwater27
01-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm glad you guys showed up! I was starting to think the people on this message board didn't have a clue of what has ruined the broncos the last 4 years. I'm glad some of these posters aren't making decisions for our beloved Broncos.

Even when we had a good defense, or at least a decent defense, we were cursed with mediocre QB play for years between Griese and Plummer. How quickly you forget that a defense doesn't mean dick without a good/great QB. And I am glad ELWAY is making decisions for our beloved Broncos. He of all people knows what a great QB can do for a football team and will do what he can to try to get Mr. Luck. The odds aren't there to get him, but no doubt he is looking at the possibilities.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I didn't watch the whole game - was switching around during it. I came away impressed with Luck, but in the back of my mind I kept wondering is it his great abilities doing this, or GREAT play calling. Which is more responsible? Harbaugh called a fantastic 2nd half.

Not judging, just wondering.

red98
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I didn't watch the whole game - was switching around during it. I came away impressed with Luck, but in the back of my mind I kept wondering is it his great abilities doing this, or GREAT play calling. Which is more responsible? Harbaugh called a fantastic 2nd half.

Not judging, just wondering.

Like others have said. I tuned in to get a look at Luck, and he was impressive.

But I came away more impressed with Harbaugh!

BroncoJoe
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Like others have said. I tuned in to get a look at Luck, and he was impressive.

But I came away more impressed with Harbaugh!

Ditto. I just keep thinking a very good (great) HC can make even an average to slightly above average QB look fantastic. This was the only game of Stanford's I have watched, so I can't really make any significant comments either way.

The only thing about Luck is, before this year I'd never heard of him. With Elway, you heard about him constantly since day one in college.

In regard to the draft, I'd rather fix what is actually broken - the defense - and let Tebow prove whether or not he's an NFL QB. There will be another "Luck" in future drafts.

red98
01-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Ditto. I just keep thinking a very good (great) HC can make even an average to slightly above average QB look fantastic. This was the only game of Stanford's I have watched, so I can't really make any significant comments either way.

The only thing about Luck is, before this year I'd never heard of him. With Elway, you heard about him constantly since day one in college.

In regard to the draft, I'd rather fix what is actually broken - the defense - and let Tebow prove whether or not he's an NFL QB. There will be another "Luck" in future drafts.

I'm with you on this.

I'm intrigued enough with Tebow now I'd be fine with building a defense and forgetting about Luck, though I wouldn't be too upset if we went that way.

I really liked how Harbaugh's offense was so balanced in run/pass. Seven different receivers caught passes and I love seeing the FB get some carries!

And if your right about Harbaugh, imagine what he could get out of Tebow!

Nomad
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Vic and Gary are entertaining this morning with the Luck/Tebow debate!!

broncogirl7
01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm impressed with Tebow, but he's got some limitations and major 'form' problems that need to be overcome to be franchise.

Luck didn't impress me that much in the first half, but blew me away with the second half (which is what he's been doing the entire year).

Harbough and Luck combined with Elway's smarts would set the Broncos on fire.
Then,...draft DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!!