PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Oponents

LawDog
01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Released by the league today:

Denver Broncos
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, New England, N.Y. Jets, Cincinnati, Chicago, Detroit
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Tennessee, Green Bay, Minnesota

Cutler returns to Mile High, hopefully we get Green Bay in September and Miami in December not the other way 'round.

Discuss...

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
i hope we get pouncey :mad:

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
The schedule makers will probably give make us play in Miami in September. :tsk:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MasterShake
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
The schedule makers will probably give make us play in Miami in September. :tsk:

I was just thinking the same thing. We have not had a home opener in years, and I bet we start the season in Miami...:tsk:

topscribe
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
That would be kind of cool if, say, Orton were traded to Minnesota or
Tennessee. That would mean the Broncos would be going up against both
ex-Broncos quarterbacks next year . . .

-----

zbeg
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. We have not had a home opener in years, and I bet we start the season in Miami...:tsk:

Blame tennis.

The reason why the Broncos haven't had a home opener is because the weekend that is NFL opening weekend, CBS airs the U.S. Open during the time that would be the afternoon timeslot. No NFL broadcast on CBS that Sunday afternoon in any market.

So if it's a home game, it's got to be against one of the two NFC opponents (which would be on Fox, as the network that broadcasts corresponds to the conference of the road team), or the Broncos have to play Sunday night, on MNF, or on the Thursday kickoff games before the opening Sunday. Given that the Broncos have really not been a very good team the last few years, it makes sense that the networks don't want to use a prime slot (like Sunday night) for the Broncos on opening weekend.

So unless week 1 is hosting Chicago or Detroit, the Broncos will start out on the road. Again. The Chargers and Raiders have to go through the same thing every season, too.

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
It sucks that we haven't gotten open a season at home in several years. :tsk:

Clipworthy
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
home games pretty brutal but away games rather light

BroncoStud
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
That would be kind of cool if, say, Orton were traded to Minnesota or
Tennessee. That would mean the Broncos would be going up against both
ex-Broncos quarterbacks next year . . .

-----

Should make for at least 1 easy win, the Bears would be a bit tougher.

camdisco24
01-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Interesting Schedule, glad we have another shot at the Jets at home, we should have beat them this year. Also can't wait for Cutler's "homecoming".

Might even consider going to the TN game depending on when it is!

topscribe
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM

Just can't back off, can you?

-----

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM

Ouch.

BroncoWave
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Cool, looks like I will be traveling to watch us play in Tennessee for the second year in a row.

Italianmobstr7
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
19-0!!!

Devilspawn
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I bet Cutler's a Monday Night game.

topscribe
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
One good thing: Since the Broncos are up against the AFCE next year, at
least they have the two better teams among them at home.

-----

bigplaypotential
01-04-2011, 01:27 AM
is there a reason we always open on the road?

zbeg
01-04-2011, 03:22 AM
is there a reason we always open on the road?

See my reply earlier in this thread:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1175670&postcount=6

FanInAZ
01-04-2011, 04:08 AM
For all of you that are upset that we have started on the road for the past 6 seasons in a row, you should note that from '94-'99, we started 6 seasons in a row at home.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/

Its called a scheduling fluke. Like the fact that Elway and Marino only went head to head twice during Elway’s 16 seasons. This was not because the NFL conspired in any way to prevent them from having head to head match ups. Its because the NFL uses a template that was prepared 3 or 4 years in advance of the season in which it will be used. I wish I could provide you with a link that proves that I'm not just making this up, but I can't. Nevertheless, I heard this explained in '96 when Packers' fans were complaining that they had to play in Dallas 4 years in a row ('93-96).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/

The best way to explain how it works is to use this year’s schedule as an example. Week 1 of 2010 was Denver @ Jacksonville. Therefore, if you could get your hands on last year’s template, you will find something along the lines of 2nd place AFCW @ 4th place AFCS. That is because Denver finished 2nd in the AFCW in 2009 and Jacksonville finished 4th in the AFCS. If you could get your hands on this year’s template, you would look for the schedule the team that finished 4th in the AFCW in 2010 to find Denver's schedule for 2011.

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 04:16 AM
next year will be a 8-8 to 10-6 type season, but at least we will be swinging upwards......

Juriga72
01-04-2011, 07:45 AM
next year will be a 8-8 to 10-6 type season, but at least we will be swinging upwards......

IIRC..our sched will be the 4th place teams right? I can see us going 11-5 WITH some breaks...

Add water-drink koolaid......

Elevation inc
01-04-2011, 08:22 AM
IIRC..our sched will be the 4th place teams right? I can see us going 11-5 WITH some breaks...

Add water-drink koolaid......

yeah def some koolaid there, are whole division got tougher, which means we cnat guarentee sweeps against oak and KC anymore:D, so 11-5 for me seems a pipe dream....

we also have some very tough opponents like the AFC east/NFC north Etc....

9-7 seems right to me, but that also depends on what transpires the next few months.

zbeg
01-04-2011, 08:25 AM
yeah def some koolaid there, are whole division got tougher, which means we cnat guarentee sweeps against oak and KC anymore:D, so 11-5 for me seems a pipe dream....

we also have some very tough opponents like the AFC east/NFC north Etc....

9-7 seems right to me, but that also depends on what transpires the next few months.

It would require a pretty dramatic overhaul on defense to get this team to a 9-7 record in just one year. The draft would have to go exceedingly well, the Broncos would need to retain Champ, and free agency would have to be a hit. It's certainly doable, but it seems unlikely. Basically everything would have to go right for it to happen, no?

lgenf
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
well the wife and I are super excited that we get a chance to see the Broncos in person thanks to them coming to South FL!

With TT at QB, there may even be a chance that we get a Monday night game (not based on team performance from this year, but rather his own popularity, as the NFL may want to capitalize on him)