PDA

View Full Version : Broncos assistants may learn fate Wednesday

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
There is a chance several, but maybe not all, of the assistant coaches will receive pink slips Wednesday.

full blog - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/03/assistant-coaches-may-learn-fate-wednesday/6297/

Superchop 7
01-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Pretty in Pink.

UrbanBounca
01-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/839/guillotine2w.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/guillotine2w.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 03:13 PM
i hope we get pouncey :mad:

Traveler
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
"Dead men walking".....

UnderArmour
01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Studesville should be retained as RB coach, if he's willing. He's at least earned that much with the way he handled these last four games.

He is getting a head coaching job interview next Monday. He's definitely not getting a pink slip until AFTER he interviews and even then, I think he'll be back on as an Assistant Head Coach - RBs.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Studesville could be retained even if not hired as the Broncos next head coach depending on their final choice. Studesville has made several friends during his time in the league, two of which their names have been mentioned for a position in Ron Rivera and Jim Fassel.

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I think it would be difficult to get Studesville to be stuffed back in the box as RB coach. He might be an assistant head-coach, but really, the new HC will want to bring in all his own assistants, which probably means that Studesville will go and possibly move up to OC somewhere.

It's traditional that a New HC gets to hire all HIS assistants, so we can expect the new guy to clean house, just as McDaniels did. You can also expect to hear some nice sounding blather about how the new coach would like to keep some of the previous assistants, just don't expect it to actually happen.

There was talk when McDaniels arrived that guys like Dennison might stay -- only they didn't. :coffee:

Studesville's not really HC material at this point, although he might get some consideration down the line if he continues to perform well.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM

why? our running game was one of the worst parts of the team.

he went 1-4 as interm. i mean i know alot of the guys like him but that doesnt make a good coach.

i would wipe the slate clean and bring in a whole new regime.

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Studesville could be retained even if not hired as the Broncos next head coach depending on their final choice. Studesville has made several friends during his time in the league, two of which their names have been mentioned for a position in Ron Rivera and Jim Fassel.

Bite your tongue! :coffee:

We can certainly do better than either of THOSE retreads! I'd rather they kept Studesville than bring in Jim Fassel! That guy long ago rose to the level of his incompetence (google Peter Principle).

dogfish
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
why? our running game was one of the worst parts of the team.

he went 1-4 as interm. i mean i know alot of the guys like him but that doesnt make a good coach.

i would wipe the slate clean and bring in a whole new regime.

but he's a really nice guy! and he's bald and has a lot of attitude, and he played tebow. . . that's just as good as being really qualified, right?

:noidea:

dogfish
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM

We can certainly do better than either of THOSE retreads! I'd rather they kept Studesville than bring in Jim Fassel! That guy long ago rose to the level of his incompetence (google Peter Principle).

i'm not a big fan of fassel (sorry cane!), but ron rivera is an up-and-comer, not a retread. . . you can't be a retread when you've never even been a head coach. . . :laugh:

Lancane
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Bite your own Cug, I'm just being honest. Fassel will be looked at if those we are high on have little interest. Fassel could also end up being the offensive coordinator here under Studesville, the two are close. Rivera who is gaining support as a candidate with the fandom also knows Studesville from their days together in Chicago and may want him to return as the AHC/RBC.

;)

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
but he's a really nice guy! and he's bald and has a lot of attitude, and he played tebow. . . that's just as good as being really qualified, right?

:noidea:

he looks like kurt angle....you know captain america of wrestling?

Lancane
01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
he looks like kurt angle....you know captain america of wrestling?

But with a light tan...:lol:

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
But with a light tan...:lol:

angle is very tan these days lancane.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
angle is very tan these days lancane.

I haven't seen Kurt Angle in years, so I wouldn't know. I'm not real big on Pro-Wrestling...so I'll have to take your word for it.

;)

frauschieze
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
There was talk when McDaniels arrived that guys like Dennison might stay -- only they didn't. :coffee:

Only....that's not correct at all.

Rick Dennison, Bobby Turner and Keith Burns all were retained from Shanahan's staff. Both Dennison and Turner left McDaniels' staff for promotions elsewhere. Burns is still here.

:coffee:

spikerman
01-03-2011, 05:17 PM

No way!!! Have you seen the neck on that guy? He's an OL coach in the making.

Nomad
01-03-2011, 05:39 PM

So does Studes get his record tarnished with this 4-12 season or does he just get a 1-3 record!!

muse
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Hmm, I'd give a few guys a fighting chance rather than firing them outright:

Studs - obviously interviewing for the HC position.
Wink - love him as an LBs coach, although coordinating a 3-4 is definitely not his forté.
Mike Priefer - our STs have been ok which is big improvement from the Shanny days.
Keith Burns - Elway would probably like to keep the guy on.
Ed Donatell - Squyd, Vaughn and Cox have come on nicely under him, as well as Bruton and McBath (when not in the tub). Smith not so much, but you can't win them all.
Wayne Nunnely - our DLs haven't been great, but then - as the old saying goes - you can't polish a turd. The guy did a great job in SD and has made something out of Marcus Thomas (as a rotational rusher) and Kevin Vickerson. However, could not tame Ryan McFacemask.
Adam Gase - was sceptical about his hiring, and he turned round and has helped Brandon Lloyd come out of nowhere. Eric Decker's looking better and better (and DT had his moments too). Plus he may yet make something out of Matt Willis. Very pleased with his work.

Most of the others can go really. Especially Bob Ligashesky. I'm on the fence about McCoy and Barone. With McCoy, he obviously isn't ready to be a full time OC, and it's hard to tell how much involvement he had with the QBs and gameplanning etc. He may be sought after by other teams in the offseason.
With Barone, our OL was dire at the beginning of the season but has come on since the positions got set. Walton and Beadles have acquitted themselves well despite the circumstances. However, he's clearly not Rick Dennison.

It's weird, our D does not carry many players who I would consider "not NFL-worthy". Too many guys in the "backup material" category, granted, but not in the same league as the 08 squad (Engleberger, Josh Shaw, Webster, Manuel, McCree, Lowry, Fox, Koutouvides...); they showed up at times (some excellent run stopping earlier in the season against teams such as the Jets and Titans) but were downright awful at others. Our next DC needs to whip them into shape and carry an infectious attitude and it's something that I don't think Wink was very good at, despite his billing. I personally hope we stay as a 3-4 team - some shrewd draft/FA picks will go a long way towards making this a half-decent unit - although I just hope we get better any which way.

claymore
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I hope we can Studsville. I like the guy as a person, but dont like him as a RB coach.