PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd tops NFL in receiving yards, couldn’t be more grateful

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd hasn’t always been the most gracious person in discussing his 2010 season. When he was selected to the Pro Bowl he took an opportunity to curse out his former teams, and even when he offered positive words for teammate Tim Tebow, he did it by taking a shot at teammate Kyle Orton.

But after Sunday’s season finale, in which Lloyd had 73 receiving yards to end up with an NFL-best 1,448 yards this season, Lloyd was humble.

“There couldn’t be a more grateful person that this could happen to,” Lloyd said. “I’m proud of what I accomplished and I’m grateful for everybody that was involved in this football season: the quarterbacks, my teammates, the front office, media, fans, my family. There are so many people in my life that gave me the confidence to be out there and accomplish what I accomplished this year because my inner circle knew I could do it.”

read the full article here. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/03/brandon-lloyd-tops-nfl-in-receiving-yards-couldnt-be-more-grateful/

Dirk
01-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Humble....yet sarcastic at times. Love the guy!

dogfish
01-03-2011, 01:59 PM
who's his "inner circle," him and his mom?

:lol:

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM

dannnng put the guy on blast.

dude could have an aunt or uncle you know?

dogfish
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
dannnng put the guy on blast.

dude could have an aunt or uncle you know?

nah, i'm just ****in' around. . . :laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
I missed the "shot" at Orton. What did he say. And when did he say it?

Was it just a joke or something? Serves me right for basically forgoing the last 6 weeks of the season I guess....

BroncoWave
01-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Was it just a joke or something? Serves me right for basically forgoing the last 6 weeks of the season I guess....

I missed that too. He did have a quote the other day saying that Tebow should definitely be the starter next season, but I hardly see that as a shot at Orton.

DenBronx
nah, i'm just ****in' around. . . :laugh:

guy gets the most yards in the nfl and all you want to do is **** around?

just ****in with you. :laugh:

DenBronx

he said orton has a "noodle arm"

BroncoNut
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
congrats Brandon. I told you that you just needed to believe in yourself and you could do it.

Superchop 7
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Hard work pays off.....forget the nay-sayers. It was not cool to slam others.....glad he is coming around on that.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM

probably Gaffney... they do that hand thing together... :whoknows:

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
probably Gaffney... they do that hand thing together... :whoknows:

that's the john cena (wwe) "you can't see me" hand wave.

dogfish
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
congrats Brandon. I told you that you just needed to believe in yourself and you could do it.

nut, are you in lloyd's circle of trust?

BroncoWave
01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Lindsay Jones tweeted this today:

"Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd's 18.8-yard receiving average ranks fourth in NFL history for a season (min. 75 catches)."

UrbanBounca
01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Brandon Lloyd reminds me of Willie Mays Hays from the Major League movies. He has one good season, and is going to come back thinking he's hot stuff next year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Brandon Lloyd reminds me of Willie Mays Hays from the Major League movies. He has one good season, and is going to come back thinking he's hot stuff next year.

i dont think he will be a 1 year wonder. he might not have as great of a season next year but the catching talent he has just doesn't disapear.

UrbanBounca
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
i dont think he will be a 1 year wonder. he might not have as great of a season next year but the catching talent he has just doesn't disapear.

Where was it the past eight years? As of right now, he's a one hit wonder.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Where was it the past eight years? As of right now, he's a one hit wonder.

as of right now you're right but my opinion is he will do it again.

he's under contract with us anyway so he will have his chance.