PDA

View Full Version : Positives to take away from this year

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
#1-
NO team has ever had the #1 Offense and #1 Defense and not make the playoffs until.... San Diego this year.

#2- No team has EVER gone 6-0 in its own division and not make the playoffs like Oakland did this year.

#3- Three Ex- Bellichiek coaches have been fired this year. One was ours!!

T.K.O.
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
and seattle wins the division at 7-9:elefant::beer:

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
and seattle wins the division at 7-9:elefant::beer:

So you're saying I have a chance?...LMAO

Traveler
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
#3- Three Ex- Bellichiek coaches have been fired this year. One was ours!!

Mangini
McDaniels
Who was the third? Weis?

Davii
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Positives....

It's over?

Nomad
01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Tned made an orange jersey petition and Dove valley bought into it, so in 2012, we get the 'orange' back!!

BORDERLINE
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
positives......

Tebow can be a startin QB in the NFL...

Our rookies on the O-Line just got a plate full of experience under there belt...

B.Lloyd had his coming out party this year...

we got the second overall pick...and here's to picking up a top notch D-Linemen

Superchop 7
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
We finally have some common sense in the front office. (Elway)

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 02:10 PM
we pick #2 overall?

i guess it's a positive since the seasons finally over and i dont recall us ever picking that high. could be a good reason for a quality head coach to come to denver.

EMB6903
01-03-2011, 02:14 PM
the experience Walton and Beadles got this year.....

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Mangini
McDaniels
Who was the third? Weis?

Yup.... TWICE in one year. THAT has to be some sort of record huh...

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
the experience Walton and Beadles got this year.....

the experience demaryius thomas got...

...oh wait....he didnt cuz he was always injured.

PAINTERDAVE
01-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Doom is well rested and ready for the 2011 campaign...
alongside the new draftees.

camdisco24
01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
The last 3 games gave us HOPE!!!!

I think....

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
studdesville

pouncey

mcdoogie

KCL
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Mangini
McDaniels
Who was the third? Weis?

Weis wasn't fired.

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Yup.... TWICE in one year. THAT has to be some sort of record huh...

Weis hasn't been fired he's he just moving back down into the college ranks.

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
We don't have Josh McDaniels to kick around any more! :beer:

Sometimes, addition by subtraction is the best kind of math! :elefant:

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
we pick #2 overall?

i guess it's a positive since the seasons finally over and i dont recall us ever picking that high. could be a good reason for a quality head coach to come to denver.

Are you kidding? It's DEFINITELY a major positive! After the Panthers take Luck, Denver can pick absolutely ANY defensive player in the entire draft!

That's a hell of a choice! DE? DT? CB? The list is wide open! All of the talent in the draft can be ours to select from!

There's absolutely NO excuse for not getting an All-Pro player with this draft. None whatever except stupid drafting by Xanders!

And the top 10 picks are so heavily scouted that there are few questions marks about them. We should KNOW pretty much what we're getting.

And it better be a standout DL who can rush the passer like FIRE or a CB to replace Champ Bailey. Those are the primary needs and Bowers, Fairley and Patrick Peterson are the top prospects to fill them.

Whoever they pick had better be a starter from day 1 and make an immediate impact.

In fact, they should get at least 3 impact players in this draft with 3 picks in the top 2 rounds! You'd like to see them get at least 4 solid starters and preferably more.

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Weis wasn't fired.

Thats like syaing Nolan wasnt fired.....

You think that Wies is leaving because he wants to move downward and sideways to college?

One and done Fat boy... = fired

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Weis hasn't been fired he's he just moving back down into the college ranks.

IF he was going to be the head coach somewhere yes..... GOing only as the OC...back down to college... IMHO = fired

zbeg
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM

You think that Wies is leaving because he wants to move downward and sideways to college?

I think the Chiefs have been pretty happy with their offense this year. If a guy wants to leave for the more stable college environment (especially if you have a family, etc.) willingly, it's not really getting fired. It's leaving your job on your own.

I see nothing that indicates that the Chiefs wouldn't want him back next year if that was what Weis wanted to do.

KCL
01-03-2011, 05:44 PM

I don't know where you're getting your info but for Weis to come in and take over an offense that had been last in the division to winning the West tells me otherwise.

Day1BroncoFan
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
The positive I see is that next year will probably be better. :fingerscrossed:

spikerman
01-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm shocked that this thread has more than one page.

Dzone
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Alphonso Smith getting burned for about 5 touchdowns on Thanksgiving day...

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm shocked that this thread has more than one page.

Well you did your part help out Spike. :lol:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

spikerman
01-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Well you did your part help out Spike. :lol:

After that first page it's all gravy. :D

muse
01-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Nate Kaeding's hilarious slide tackle attempt on Cassius Vaughn's KRTD :lol:

Lancane
01-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I'd say that Tebow showed some of the physical skills I was excited about when we drafted him, his marginal improvement is noteworthy...though he still has a lot to tweek, learn and incorporate into his game, he's showing he could be something special.

We saw Brandon Lloyd being able to step up into the void left by All-Pro Brandon Marshall, he's relatively cheap and will return and we have two solid young men behind him, I admit I'm more excited about Eric Decker, and a tad dissapointed with Demaryius Thomas, he seems fragile and possibly injury prone at this time and I have to wonder if he can even be a solid number two, but the talent he has is hard to argue with.

I've seen some solid starters that could accel should we get some talent around them, but we are a long way of knowing where we'll be going next.

The best thing was seeing McDaniels' arrogant ass get fired, after the two circus-esque like off-seasons, some questionable additions and trades, if was a welcome relief. And we have the number two overall pick in the draft and three picks in the top fifty picks, so we should be able to add some talent there as well.

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't know where you're getting your info but for Weis to come in and take over an offense that had been last in the division to winning the West tells me otherwise.

I think that Weis taking the KC offense to a new high, and going back to college as the OC just screams of firing...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/12/31/1906350/charlie-weis-to-florida-rumors-may-center-around-relationship-with

Funny... Its just about the very same thing with Nolan no matter how you call it..Firing/leaving......

Dzone
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
If we end up getting Rick Dennison as our new head coach, then that will be very positive

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Another positive we can take away from the game is that the defense put Rivers on his ass about four times yesterday and knocked him down two or times as well.

Dean
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I would think that it would be rather difficult coming up with all these positives after this season. You have to go back to 1967 to find a Bronco team that performed worse than this year's team. It something looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Flies like a duck. Swims like a duck. Let's face it; its a duck not a swan. :confused:

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I would think that it would be rather difficult coming up with all these positives after this season. You have to go back to 1967 to find a Bronco team that performed worse than this year's team. It something looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Flies like a duck. Swims like a duck. Let's face it; its a duck not a swan. :confused:

There are a few positives, precious few but few none the less.

Dzone
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
hey cassius vaughn might be the next special team phenom

KCL
01-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I think that Weis taking the KC offense to a new high, and going back to college as the OC just screams of firing...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/12/31/1906350/charlie-weis-to-florida-rumors-may-center-around-relationship-with

Funny... Its just about the very same thing with Nolan no matter how you call it..Firing/leaving......

Meh..it isn't unusual for coaches to move around like the players do.

Davii
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Meh..it isn't unusual for coaches to move around like the players do.

Agreed. However, to move from a pro level OC to a college level OC can definitely be considered a demotion. Similar to the circumstances surrounding Nolan, coaches don't generally move except in cases of HC changes or promotions. Nolan kept the same job with a different program, still in the NFL, and if you recall that was all the buzz for a long time.

Doesn't mean that it means anything at all, but it is something to ponder. It could be that he has a personality conflict with Haley, it could be that he prefers to work at a collegiate level, or that he feels that is his best shot to work back to a HC position. Then again, it could be because he and the Chiefs are unhappy with something.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2011, 10:59 PM

I heard this yesterday, that part of the Weis deal to go to Florida was if his son would also be part of the coaching staff, and the following confirms that.

There was also some speculation that Weis and Haley had trouble co-existing, but the logic behind Weis' not-so-parallel jump appears to be him wanting to spend time with his son. "With that being said, Charlie is a family guy. He has a situation, a family situation, where he can go to Florida and be with his son, who is going to get into coaching. Without talking personally about Charlie, this is a great situation for Charlie. And I respect it 100 percent and we respect it 100 percent." Weis' son is going to be attending Florida in 2011, he'll be working with the football team (likely thanks to Weis' job) and wants to be a coach in the future. So, really, there's no better opportunity for Weis to mentor his son than what he'll have in 2011, even if it means taking a step back in terms of his likely goal of once again becoming a head coach.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_coach_todd_haley_confirms_charlie_weis_will _leave_for_florida/3892370

KCL
01-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Agreed. However, to move from a pro level OC to a college level OC can definitely be considered a demotion. Similar to the circumstances surrounding Nolan, coaches don't generally move except in cases of HC changes or promotions. Nolan kept the same job with a different program, still in the NFL, and if you recall that was all the buzz for a long time.

Doesn't mean that it means anything at all, but it is something to ponder. It could be that he has a personality conflict with Haley, it could be that he prefers to work at a collegiate level, or that he feels that is his best shot to work back to a HC position. Then again, it could be because he and the Chiefs are unhappy with something.

I agree...my point is/was from what I understand...he wasn't fired as the post I quoted indicated.

Look at Pete Carroll and his coaching moves...and even if he did have a problem with Haley...I would think if the Chiefs "did" fire him which I don't believe they did...I'm pretty sure there are some other pro teams out there that would have wanted him as their OC.

KCL
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I heard this yesterday, that part of the Weis deal to go to Florida was if his son would also be part of the coaching staff, and the following confirms that.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_coach_todd_haley_confirms_charlie_weis_will _leave_for_florida/3892370

Carol..I read this yesterday as well.

Davii
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree...my point is/was from what I understand...he wasn't fired as the post I quoted indicated.

Look at Pete Carroll and his coaching moves...and even if he did have a problem with Haley...I would think if the Chiefs "did" fire him which I don't believe they did...I'm pretty sure there are some other pro teams out there that would have wanted him as their OC.

Certainly. I just hope that list doesn't include Denver. I pray we are done with Patriots cast aways.

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:38 PM
The only positive from this year is the moment I heard on the radio that Josh was canned. How effing sad is that?

KCL
01-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Certainly. I just hope that list doesn't include Denver. I pray we are done with Patriots cast aways.

You all just got the wrong cast away....;)

Juriga72
01-04-2011, 07:42 AM

I had not heard of this...so thank you for the heads up

Still I CAN say Charlie was fired byu Notre Dame...so thats good...LOL