PDA

View Full Version : The Question of the Season?

lgenf
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
So with all do respoect to those out there that were screaming for TT to start from week one and develope on the field of battle (jags)

And seeing that in the last 3 games TT has shown enough promise in his development, his "IT" factor, leadership and on field ability to make plays - that the Broncos are not going to draft another QB.

I have a serious question for the forum.......

would starting TT at week 1 have helped or hurt TT's development?

I enjoyed the article that another forum member wrote about his footwork development, that was awesome analysis (or at least it seemed to be for those of us that are not QB coaches), but would that same development happened if TT was taking snaps all week, every week with 1st team O in practice, or did that development happen because he had time to work on that in practice?

No doubt in my mind that the Broncos would have won more then 4 games if TT had started all season, but would that have been better for the Broncos? for Tebow? this season was a loss no matter, but did sitting him (as McD did all season) did that actually help him and the team more for 2011?

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
It never would have hurt his development. I don't think he needs his confidence protected as much as many like to believe

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 12:39 PM
We would have more answers right now IF he had started from week 1.... NOW we need to go thru 4-5 weeks next year just to figure Tebow out. IMHO

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
someone should make a time machine so we can draft pouncy and hire the mangenious

rationalfan
01-03-2011, 01:19 PM
don't know about tebow. but watching goodman play yesterday (finally healthy), i thought the team would have had a few more victories had he been able to play at 100 percent (jets and 49ers games for sure).

add in a healthy dumerville and there's probably two more wins. still a disappointment season, but the idea gives me hope this defense doesn't need too much more to become competent (assuming it re-signs champ).

also, did anyone catch the announcer say during yesterday's broadcast that denver's d had the highest 3rd down efficiency in the nfl during the month of december? first, i was like, WTF? second, made me wonder if mcd's desired schemes were holding back wink's instincts.

Dirk
01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
did anyone catch the announcer say during yesterday's broadcast that denver's d had the highest 3rd down efficiency in the nfl during the month of december?

Yeah they said that.

I wondered the same thing about McD not letting Wink coach the way he wanted to. I think we all know that McD didn't let Nolan coach the way he wanted to.

But even so, the run D was still horrid. Also the LBs act lost most of the time. And don't forget when a running back comes out of the back field for a pass they almost always made the play resulting in good yardage...the defense this year was just horrid.

Some of that is talent driven but a lot is the coaching and schemes. Wink needs to either drop down to a position coach or move on for 2011.

rationalfan
01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah they said that.

I wondered the same thing about McD not letting Wink coach the way he wanted to. I think we all know that McD didn't let Nolan coach the way he wanted to.

But even so, the run D was still horrid. Also the LBs act lost most of the time. And don't forget when a running back comes out of the back field for a pass they almost always made the play resulting in good yardage...the defense this year was just horrid.

Some of that is talent driven but a lot is the coaching and schemes. Wink needs to either drop down to a position coach or move on for 2011.

true. add to the list: any quarterback with mobility killed the d.

dunk7
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
The way he plays, its doubtful he would have made it through an entire season.

zbeg
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm generally not a fan of starting rookies from week one. Even if we think that Tebow would have not have been affected negatively by doing so, I don't think it was worth taking the chance.

PAINTERDAVE
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
My Opinion...

Tebow is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. A solid hard worker who has the "it" factor.
He is raw. He is full of talent and potential. He can make great throws.
He has a great arm. He can scramble and is very mobile.

He will learn. He will study. He will become better. He will make the reads.
He will do what it takes. He will rely less on scrambling as he masters the new scheme.
He will be better when the cast around him improves.
He will be better when the defense helps out.
He will be better when the running game is succesful.

He will run less as he matures.
He will succeed. It is what he has always done.
He wins. It is who he is.

Go Broncos 2011.

I Eat Staples
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Tebow should have started from week one, Moreno just wasn't showing enough and he was banged up.