PDA

View Full Version : Air Force - BYU

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
The game just started on the Mtn - GOOOOOOOO AF - And as an added bonus for me, my son is the Head Referee :elefant:

BroncoAV06
09-22-2007, 02:47 PM
The MTN (Missing Television Network) Worst decision by the Mt. West president. Only 25-30% of the people here in New Mexico can get it. Stupid network, suposed to have a deal with CSTV which turns around and starts this network and screws the Mt. West. You know that no one can get that channel in Utah!! The only Lobo games I get to see is if they are playing at home.

AF of to a 3-0 start! Beat TCU but I thought TCU was highly overrated and was expecting Texas to win that game. TCU was talked about as being this years Boise St. No chance with a first year starting QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2007, 03:13 PM
So far, it's been all BYU - 14 - 0, with about 2 mins. left in the 2nd qtr. I have Comcast, and until this year, The Mtn, CSTV, NFL network, etc. were part of what I paid, but this year, it is all a package now for $4.95/mo. Guess that is not too bad.

BroncoAV06
09-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Thats cool you can get it, I can get CSTV which does me no good since the MTN only has a contract with Comcast and is chraging to much for Direct-TV and others to pick it up.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Thats cool you can get it, I can get CSTV which does me no good since the MTN only has a contract with Comcast and is chraging to much for Direct-TV and others to pick it up.

That is probably why I have to pay $4.95/mo to get it. I wonder why Direct-TV and the others do not do what Comcast did - pass the cost on to the consumer?

Tned
09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
The game just started on the Mtn - GOOOOOOOO AF - And as an added bonus for me, my son is the Head Referee :elefant:

That's pretty cool :D

Ricky
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
So far, it's been all BYU - 14 - 0, with about 2 mins. left in the 2nd qtr. I have Comcast, and until this year, The Mtn, CSTV, NFL network, etc. were part of what I paid, but this year, it is all a package now for $4.95/mo. Guess that is not too bad.

I was at that game. I get season tickets to BYU games each year. I live in what is called the footprint of the Mountain West Conference and I cannot get the MTN at my home. The road I live on was built after the rest of the subdivision and cable was never ran to it. So I have Dish Network with the NFL channel but I have to go to my inlaw's house across town to watch any game on the MTN, such this week's game in San Diego.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I was at that game. I get season tickets to BYU games each year. I live in what is called the footprint of the Mountain West Conference and I cannot get the MTN at my home. The road I live on was built after the rest of the subdivision and cable was never ran to it. So I have Dish Network with the NFL channel but I have to go to my inlaw's house across town to watch any game on the MTN, such this week's game in San Diego.

There is a commercial ran here which states Dish Network does not carry the MTN, and the commercial encourages everyone with Dish to contact them and let them know that they need to carry the Mountain West Conference. I would assume the commercial is sponsored by the Mountain West Conference, but I can not be sure of that.

Snapping Turtle
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
We all know who is going to dominate the MWC next season. Heh. That is if Karsten Sween doesn't start. He sucks so bad. Wyo so could have beat the Rams if he didn't suck so bad.

GO POKES! :D

Ricky
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
There is a commercial ran here which states Dish Network does not carry the MTN, and the commercial encourages everyone with Dish to contact them and let them know that they need to carry the Mountain West Conference. I would assume the commercial is sponsored by the Mountain West Conference, but I can not be sure of that.

I have seen those ads. Rumor is that Comcast is paying for those commercials.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I have seen those ads. Rumor is that Comcast is paying for those commercials.

Makes sense, as I have Comcast, and the MTN is on there. But if Comcast was paying for those commercials, why would they promote that Dish Network customers call Dish, and request that they carry the MTN, unless Comcast knows that for some reason, the Dish can not carry the MTN?

Ricky
11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
We all know who is going to dominate the MWC next season. Heh. That is if Karsten Sween doesn't start. He sucks so bad. Wyo so could have beat the Rams if he didn't suck so bad.

GO POKES! :D

Wyoming can play TCU or Utah for second place. The Coogs have found their way back to dominance again. HEHE!:nixon:

Ricky
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Makes sense, as I have Comcast, and the MTN is on there. But if Comcast was paying for those commercials, why would they promote that Dish Network customers call Dish, and request that they carry the MTN, unless Comcast knows that for some reason, the Dish can not carry the MTN?

Comcast is a part owner of the MTN and would make money if Dish or DirecTV pick the MTN up. Right now I think they are loosing money on it.

Snapping Turtle
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Wyoming can play TCU or Utah for second place. The Coogs have found their way back to dominance again. HEHE!:nixon:

Boo. My best friend goes to BYU...you can imagine that conversation after we basically got dominated by them. Next season, Next season.

Of course, everyone knows that BYU dominates because their freshman are like 24. :laugh:

Ricky
11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Boo. My best friend goes to BYU...you can imagine that conversation after we basically got dominated by them. Next season, Next season.

Of course, everyone knows that BYU dominates because their freshman are like 24. :laugh:

I am hoping you guys hold a grudge and beat the crap out of Utah and Kryle for the next few years.

Snapping Turtle
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Hahaha yeah I would like to beat Utah. I was having a pretty terrible day then we lost by so much on top of that. It was kinda crappy. LOL. We beat TCU tho :D