PDA

View Full Version : How does Tebow stack up?

PAINTERDAVE
01-03-2011, 12:59 AM
This is where Tebow stacks up to the current Pro Bowl QBs
after their first three starts in the NFL in several key areas.

Passing Yards
683 Peyton Manning
651 Tim Tebow
618 Tom Brady
511 Matt Ryan
504 Drew Brees
488 Phillip Rivers
225 Michael Vick

Passing TDs
4 Tim Tebow
3 Drew Brees
3 Phillip Rivers
2 Peyton Manning
2 Matt Ryan
2 Tom Brady
2 Michael Vick

Rushing Yards
199 Tim Tebow
123 Michael Vick
41 Drew Brees
26 Peyton Manning
23 Matt Ryan
12 Phillip Rivers
11 Tom Brady

Rushing TDs
3 Tim Tebow
1 Michael Vick
0 Drew Brees
0 Peyton Manning
0 Matt Ryan
0 Phillip Rivers
0 Tom Brady

Experience level during 1st three starts
R Tim Tebow
R Matt Ryan
R Peyton Manning
R Michael Vick (1st two starts)
2 Drew Brees
2 Tom Brady
3 Phillip Rivers

BroncoStud
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Pretty impressive. He has played exceptionally well for his experience level.

pipes
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
BUST! (sarcasm)
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
01-03-2011, 01:28 AM
This is where Tebow stacks up to the current Pro Bowl QBs
after their first three starts in the NFL in several key areas.

Passing Yards
683 Peyton Manning
651 Tim Tebow
618 Tom Brady
511 Matt Ryan
504 Drew Brees
488 Phillip Rivers
225 Michael Vick

Passing TDs
4 Tim Tebow
3 Drew Brees
3 Phillip Rivers
2 Peyton Manning
2 Matt Ryan
2 Tom Brady
2 Michael Vick

Rushing Yards
199 Tim Tebow
123 Michael Vick
41 Drew Brees
26 Peyton Manning
23 Matt Ryan
12 Phillip Rivers
11 Tom Brady

Rushing TDs
3 Tim Tebow
1 Michael Vick
0 Drew Brees
0 Peyton Manning
0 Matt Ryan
0 Phillip Rivers
0 Tom Brady

Experience level during 1st three starts
R Tim Tebow
R Matt Ryan
R Peyton Manning
R Michael Vick (1st two starts)
2 Drew Brees
2 Tom Brady
3 Phillip Rivers

How about as far as completion percentage, quarterback ranking so on?

zbeg
01-03-2011, 02:00 AM

And we should be looking at less successful rookies and compare their performances, so we aren't just cherrypicking the great ones. Is there a correlation between a solid start and long-term success in the NFL? Let's dig deeper.

BroncoBJ
01-03-2011, 02:50 AM

I went and dug it up for you. :elefant: 1st 3 starts for each player in order. Tim pretty much blends in. Doesn't stand out in a good or a bad way.

Completion percentage:
Peyton Manning 56.8, 63.6, 45.5
Tim Tebow 50, 55.2, 44.4
Tom Brady 56.5, 50, 61.1
Matt Ryan 69.2, 39.4, 66.7
Drew Brees 78.9, 53.6, 54.8
Phillip Rivers 72.7, 71.4, 59.1
Michael Vick 33.3, 40, 65.2

QB Rating
Peyton Manning 58.6, 51.1, 39.3
Tim Tebow 100.5, 89.4, 58.2
Tom Brady 79.6, 58.7, 93.4
Matt Ryan 137, 29.6, 120.6
Drew Brees 136.8, 68, 58.7
Phillip Rivers 133.9, 99.1, 75
Michael Vick 70.1, 46, 108.8

PAINTERDAVE
01-03-2011, 02:54 AM
I looked could not find it. Kudos.

sneakers
01-03-2011, 03:21 AM

Those are meaningless stats....

MacGruder
01-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for posting these stats.. unbelievable.

The rushing stats are incredible when compared to Vick.

Also, I think what makes Tebow so great rushing is not so much his running ability.. but his his passing ability and durability. This is what people don't understand about Tebow in college. If he dominated because of his somewhat average running ability then you could take any great runner and be more successful in college than he was. It was teams so focused on stopping his passing that opened his running.

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
IMHO.... Because they are at the end of year, I would give the play of the team a lower grade. Instead of saying "Tebow did this!!!" I still think these weak knee'd girls gave it more because they too were auditioning for the next HC.

Mosy if not all of those stats were from early parts of seasons..... Tebow played much better than I thought he would tho. It still pisses me off he didnt play when it could countmore tho.

Nomad
01-03-2011, 07:55 AM
FTR, I am on board with Tebow and believe he can lead this team out of this slump and playoff bound in a couple years (as long as the defense/run game is fixed)!

My only concern is Tebow's longevity in the NFL as a running QB! I like his passion, aggressiveness, etc but he won't be able to take hits like that for a 16 game season for multiple years without getting concussed or injured multiple times or just wearing down. I know injuries are part of the game but if people say, we'll take our chances then we better have a solid backup!! I'm not saying take the running out of him but a little less and I know it's probably instinct for Tebow to run and at times, it's necessary!! Oh well, I know Tebow is tough but he is human!!

Dzone
01-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting those.I was a little worried at times yesterday,a few of those passes were atrocious. The thing is, if he has to do 10,000 reps in order to get it right, this guy will do it.

gatorpower
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I went and dug it up for you. :elefant: 1st 3 starts for each player in order. Tim pretty much blends in. Doesn't stand out in a good or a bad way.

Completion percentage:
Peyton Manning 56.8, 63.6, 45.5
Tim Tebow 50, 55.2, 44.4
Tom Brady 56.5, 50, 61.1
Matt Ryan 69.2, 39.4, 66.7
Drew Brees 78.9, 53.6, 54.8
Phillip Rivers 72.7, 71.4, 59.1
Michael Vick 33.3, 40, 65.2

QB Rating
Peyton Manning 58.6, 51.1, 39.3
Tim Tebow 100.5, 89.4, 58.2
Tom Brady 79.6, 58.7, 93.4
Matt Ryan 137, 29.6, 120.6
Drew Brees 136.8, 68, 58.7
Phillip Rivers 133.9, 99.1, 75
Michael Vick 70.1, 46, 108.8

Here are the numbers compiled into one stat (no, I did not average the numbers, I used the raw numbers from the three games and comobined them)

Phillip Rivers - 64.7%
Drew Brees - 60.3%
Tom Brady - 57.4%
Matt Ryan - 55.7%
Peyton Manning - 54.4%
Tim Tebow - 49.4%
Michael Vick - 47.69%

Phillip Rivers - 94.4
Tom Brady - 82.03
Drew Brees - 81.36
Matt Ryan - 80.7
Tim Tebow - 77.75
Michael Vick - 70.54
Peyton Manning - 48.98

vettesplus
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
tebow will not be a denver bronco in 2011, mark my word!!!

The Glue Factory
01-03-2011, 01:40 PM
FTR, I am on board with Tebow and believe he can lead this team out of this slump and playoff bound in a couple years (as long as the defense/run game is fixed)!

My only concern is Tebow's longevity in the NFL as a running QB! I like his passion, aggressiveness, etc but he won't be able to take hits like that for a 16 game season for multiple years without getting concussed or injured multiple times or just wearing down. I know injuries are part of the game but if people say, we'll take our chances then we better have a solid backup!! I'm not saying take the running out of him but a little less and I know it's probably instinct for Tebow to run and at times, it's necessary!! Oh well, I know Tebow is tough but he is human!!

You did see him beeline for the sideline after getting the 1st down on one of his runs, right? I'm not worried about that aspect as much as how long it'll be before he's leading us to the post-season.

robert ethan
01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Tim leads all rookie QBs in passer rating (82.6), YPA (8), 1st Down % (37.6), and TD to Int ratio (1.4). He would also have led all rookie rushers in TDs, if he had a chance to play against the Bronco Defense the way Ryan Matthews did yesterday.:rolleyes:

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 03:37 PM
more like Slim Kneebow :rolleyes:

robert ethan
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't know if you guys watched the late game last night, but Sam Bradford hardly ever threw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. When he did it was incomplete or intercepted. If the Broncos restricted Tebow to the same type of passes, I'd venture to say his completion percentage would be a lot higher than it was. Tim had one of the best yards per attempt ratio in the league. One of only 3 QBs over 8, I believe.

zbeg
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't know if you guys watched the late game last night, but Sam Bradford hardly ever threw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. When he did it was incomplete or intercepted. If the Broncos restricted Tebow to the same type of passes, I'd venture to say his completion percentage would be a lot higher than it was. Tim had one of the best yards per attempt ratio in the league. One of only 3 QBs over 8, I believe.

Well, Sam Bradford has nobody for receivers. When Bradford did throw downfield, they were dropped or went through the receiver's hands. If his receivers were remotely competent, his numbers would have been much better this year. His receiving corps is just bloody awful.

My Tebowner is in full force, but let's not get carried away and put him above Bradford right now based on what we saw last night.

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
My god! 23 people thought this idiotic post was worthy of a "high five?" Seriously? :coffee:

Is anything anybody writes favorable to Tebow, no matter how moronic, good in your eyes?

Three games means NOTHING. Absolutely ZERO.

It's nice to see Tebow do well in his first three games, but there are a LOT of QBs nobody ever heard of who did well their first 3 games. The reason nobody heard of them is that they didn't do so well in the rest of their career!

I think Tebow will do ok in this league. But, you're not going to prove anything by citing meaningless statistics like this! :coffee:

Cugel
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, Sam Bradford has nobody for receivers. When Bradford did throw downfield, they were dropped or went through the receiver's hands. If his receivers were remotely competent, his numbers would have been much better this year. His receiving corps is just bloody awful.

My Tebowner is in full force, but let's not get carried away and put him above Bradford right now based on what we saw last night.

I think the Tebow-heads just ate the Brown Acid. :coffee:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/m_06e4de06c64ef1f7d885ce66a58d603f.jpg

There's no way you can bring a dose of reality into the conversation with them when they're floating away with their heads in the clouds like Timothy Leary!

Tim Tebow could be anything from GREAT to abysmal next season! We just DON'T KNOW! And spare us all the HYPE! :coffee:

spikerman
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
My god! 23 people thought this idiotic post was worthy of a "high five?" Seriously? :coffee:

Is anything anybody writes favorable to Tebow, no matter how moronic, good in your eyes?

It's nice to see Tebow do well in his first three games, but there are a LOT of QBs nobody ever heard of who did well their first 3 games. The reason nobody heard of them is that they didn't do so well in the rest of their career!

I think Tebow will do ok in this league. But, you're not going to prove anything by citing meaningless statistics like this! :coffee:

Wow... people liking Tebow really burns you up, doesn't it?

zbeg
01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Wow... people liking Tebow really burns you up, doesn't it?

No, he's right.

Some good QBs had a good first three games. Some good QBs had a bad first three games. Some bad QBs had a good first three games. Some mediocre QBs had a good first three games. It's all over the place, but if we just pick and choose which QBs we want to compare Tebow to, he'll look good in comparison.

The statistics are essentially meaningless and don't correlate strongly to success in the NFL. There are plenty of reasons to think Tebow has a good shot at being successful in the NFL, but using the "stats after three games" thing isn't one of them.

robert ethan
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM

So, who was Tebow throwing to? A couple of mid round journeymen in Lloyd and Gaffney and a mid round rookie in Decker, basically. We aren't talking about Andre and Calvin Johnson here. No offense to the Denver receivers but I don't think there is any difference between them and St. Louis. Tebow doesn't have Steven Jackson behind him in the backfield, either. He has to be Steven Jackson himself. I'd take Tebow over Bradford without a second thought.

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Cugel is this really called for?

spikerman
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
No, he's right.

Some good QBs had a good first three games. Some good QBs had a bad first three games. Some bad QBs had a good first three games. Some mediocre QBs had a good first three games. It's all over the place, but if we just pick and choose which QBs we want to compare Tebow to, he'll look good in comparison.

The statistics are essentially meaningless and don't correlate strongly to success in the NFL. There are plenty of reasons to think Tebow has a good shot at being successful in the NFL, but using the "stats after three games" thing isn't one of them.

I'm not talking about his argument about whether Tebow has proven anything or not. Personally, I like what he's done so far, but I'm not sold yet. That being said, the part I was referring to was his disbelief about a large number of people hi-fiving an "idiotic" post. That seemed like a totally angry response. I don't understand what about people being optimistic about the guy would make someone so aggravated. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think anything posted on the interwebs is worth getting upset about; especially some peoples' opinions with whom I may, or may not, agree.

Dapper Dan
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
So are we suppose to ignore all three games by Tebow? Because that's not enough. Hmm. What do we do until next season? Do we not talk about those 3 games? How many games will be enough? 6? 10? 16? You should let us know so we don't upset you any further.

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not talking about his argument about whether Tebow has proven anything or not. Personally, I like what he's done so far, but I'm not sold yet. That being said, the part I was referring to was his disbelief about a large number of people hi-fiving an "idiotic" post. That seemed like a totally angry response. I don't understand what about people being optimistic about the guy would make someone so aggravated. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think anything posted on the interwebs is worth getting upset about; especially some peoples' opinions with whom I may, or may not, agree.

:nod: Same here I like what Tebow did over his first three starts but it's he's going solid quarterback in the NFL.

GEM
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Ohsnoes!!!!11!!!!

Someone shit in Cugel's Wheaties. :lol:

Why do you care what other people think? It's opinions, just like yours that Tebow's start means nothing. You say toe-may-to. they say toe-mot-o.

GEM
01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I think the Tebow-heads just ate the Brown Acid. :coffee:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/m_06e4de06c64ef1f7d885ce66a58d603f.jpg

There's no way you can bring a dose of reality into the conversation with them when they're floating away with their heads in the clouds like Timothy Leary!

Tim Tebow could be anything from GREAT to abysmal next season! We just DON'T KNOW! And spare us all the HYPE! :coffee:

At the same time, spare us all the NEGATIVE!

Sheesh, heaven forbid, some Broncos fans want to look at the situation in a positive light. Heaven forbid, that after the last 2 years of absolute horse shit some have a reason to go into the offseason with some positive thoughts.

All negative 24/7/365 gets really depressing.

DenBronx
01-03-2011, 05:14 PM

are you going to be like this when tebow is putting up better numbers next year?

no one really cares if it means nothing to you. :coffee:

Day1BroncoFan
01-03-2011, 05:18 PM
So, I guess because I like hearing/reading positive stuff about Tebow I'm an idiot doing acid.

:rolleyes:

zbeg
01-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Oh. Fair enough. Carry on, then.

MacGruder
01-03-2011, 05:51 PM

If the Broncos' receivers are so good why couldn't Orton who is a seasoned vet match the wins of Bradford? or even keep up with the lowly Cardinals?

Bradford has to get the ball out as quick as possible because he can't take an physical punishment and isn't very mobile. This is also why he likely struggles passing down field. Tebow also passed much better down field in the championship game against Bradford as well. Both teams had equal talent as well. Bradford may have even had more talent.

Day1BroncoFan
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
If the Broncos' receivers are so good why couldn't Orton who is a seasoned vet get even bear the wins of Bradford? or even keep up with the lowly Cardinals?

Bradford has to get the ball out as quick as possible because he can't take an physical punishment and isn't very mobile. This is also why he likely struggles passing down field. Tebow also passed much better down field in the championship game against Bradford as well. Both teams had equal talent as well. Bradford may have even had more talent.

They may have better defenses than we do, on the other hand, who knows?

MacGruder
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM

OK, so Tebow's 4 years in college against the toughest defenses proved nothing.. and now even his NFL games prove nothing as well? lol

Yet Andrew Luck is being called the greatest prospect of all time based on a couple seasons facing the terrible D?

Something is seriously wrong with pro sports fans and the media...

BroncoStud
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Geez, THAT time of the month?

jlarsiii
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
If the Broncos' receivers are so good why couldn't Orton who is a seasoned vet match the wins of Bradford? or even keep up with the lowly Cardinals?

I am not sure very many people would try to make the argument that Bradford had more talent. . .

jlarsiii
01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
OK, so Tebow's 4 years in college against the toughest defenses proved nothing.. and now even his NFL games prove nothing as well? lol

Yet Andrew Luck is being called the greatest prospect of all time based on a couple seasons facing the terrible D?

Something is seriously wrong with pro sports fans and the media...

I do not think they are calling Luck the greatest prospect of all time. That is purely hype machine. . .

Really it boils down to offensive types. At Stanford they run more of a "pro style" offense then they ever did at Florida. So it matters little about the quality of defense. If you are 6'4" or taller, have decent arm strength, and play in a "pro style" offense in college they are going to label you as a pro prospect when you are eligible for the draft.

zbeg
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM

So far I've seen you take the following positions:

*Tim Tebow was so dominant in college that he didn't even have to adjust his playing style in order to dominate the NFL. Why, all this hype and hoopla and hollerin' about his mechanics is just hurting him!

*Tim Tebow and Michael Vick are the two most talented quarterbacks in NFL history.

*Tim Tebow had a worse supporting cast than Sam Bradford, didn't you know? I mean sure, Brandon Lloyd's going to the pro-bowl, but he can't really compare with luminaries like uh, the Rams, uhmm...hold on while I look up their leading receivers.

Oh, right. Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson. Yes, that's right. The Brandon Gibson.

*Everyone in, around, and about the NFL says that Tebow needs to fix his mechanics, but that's just because he's misunderstood! And of course, nobody knows anything and both the media and fans are complete idiots unless it happens to coincide with these opinions.

*He played against NFL defenses in the SEC, after all. Well, basically NFL defenses. In that some of the players in the SEC went to the NFL. So there's really no significant adjustment necessary going from Florida to the NFL. Just minor tweaks is all.

*Michael Vick turned his life around in prison after watching Tim Tebow and was inspired to become better, and more Tebow-esque.

This is turning into a Chuck Norris-esque meme.

"Tim Tebow met an exclamation point and punched it in the face. We now have questions."
"Tim Tebow tells a GPS which way to go."
"Some magicians can walk on water. Tim Tebow can swim through land."

etc.

PAINTERDAVE
01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
My opinion...

Tebow is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. A solid hard worker who has the "it" factor.
He is "raw". He is full of talent and potential. He can make great throws.
He has a great arm. He can scramble and is very mobile.

He will learn. He will study. He will become better. He will make the reads.
He will do what it takes. He will rely less on scrambling as he masters the new scheme.
He will be better when the cast around him improves.
He will be better when the defense helps out.
He will be better when the running game is succesful.

He will run less as he matures.
He will succeed. It is what he has always done.
He wins. It is who he is.

Go Broncos 2011.

Dzone
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Who crapped in your cornflakes this morning????

MacGruder
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
So far I've seen you take the following positions:

*Tim Tebow was so dominant in college that he didn't even have to adjust his playing style in order to dominate the NFL. Why, all this hype and hoopla and hollerin' about his mechanics is just hurting him!

*Tim Tebow and Michael Vick are the two most talented quarterbacks in NFL history.

*Tim Tebow had a worse supporting cast than Sam Bradford, didn't you know? I mean sure, Brandon Lloyd's going to the pro-bowl, but he can't really compare with luminaries like uh, the Rams, uhmm...hold on while I look up their leading receivers.

Oh, right. Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson. Yes, that's right. The Brandon Gibson.

*Everyone in, around, and about the NFL says that Tebow needs to fix his mechanics, but that's just because he's misunderstood! And of course, nobody knows anything and both the media and fans are complete idiots unless it happens to coincide with these opinions.

*He played against NFL defenses in the SEC, after all. Well, basically NFL defenses. In that some of the players in the SEC went to the NFL. So there's really no significant adjustment necessary going from Florida to the NFL. Just minor tweaks is all.

*Michael Vick turned his life around in prison after watching Tim Tebow and was inspired to become better, and more Tebow-esque.

This is turning into a Chuck Norris-esque meme.

"Tim Tebow met an exclamation point and punched it in the face. We now have questions."
"Tim Tebow tells a GPS which way to go."
"Some magicians can walk on water. Tim Tebow can swim through land."

etc.

Wow.. you are really good at making straw man arguments.. not so much with making any kind of REAL arguments..

Your entire argument seems to be "everyone believes this.. so it must be true".

You aren't going to get far at all thinking that way..

BroncoStud
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM

Because Bradford has more talent in his non-throwing pinky than Orton has in his entire body.

robert ethan
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM
..and his team made the playoffs, I believe. Which is more than Bradford can say.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2011, 11:30 PM
I do not think they are calling Luck the greatest prospect of all time. That is purely hype machine. . .

Really it boils down to offensive types. At Stanford they run more of a "pro style" offense then they ever did at Florida. So it matters little about the quality of defense. If you are 6'4" or taller, have decent arm strength, and play in a "pro style" offense in college they are going to label you as a pro prospect when you are eligible for the draft.

No. Watch the kid play. The scouts don't give out ratings that high purely because he's tall. Theere have been a lot of QBs in pro offeneses, and many tall ones. Watch the kid play. Watch his eyes, his accuracy... the way he moves, reads defenses...checks.. slides the safety over with his eyes and finds the open guy. He's soooo far ahead of what we have right now.

TXBRONC
01-03-2011, 11:37 PM
..and his team made the playoffs, I believe. Which is more than Bradford can say.

The Bears didn't win because of Orton in his rookie season they won because they had a good defense.

jlarsiii
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM
No. Watch the kid play. The scouts don't give out ratings that high purely because he's tall. Theere have been a lot of QBs in pro offeneses, and many tall ones. Watch the kid play. Watch his eyes, his accuracy... the way he moves, reads defenses...checks.. slides the safety over with his eyes and finds the open guy. He's soooo far ahead of what we have right now.

I agree with you. I was trying to keep things simplified so that I could post in the thread without getting jumped all over for potentially bashing Tebow.

I would like to draft Luck if the opportunity presents itself. I really don't know what we have with Tebow, and with that in mind it is hard for me to pass up the idea of drafting a prospect like Luck (if he declares for the draft)

Sinthor
01-04-2011, 01:25 AM
IMHO.... Because they are at the end of year, I would give the play of the team a lower grade. Instead of saying "Tebow did this!!!" I still think these weak knee'd girls gave it more because they too were auditioning for the next HC.

Mosy if not all of those stats were from early parts of seasons..... Tebow played much better than I thought he would tho. It still pisses me off he didnt play when it could countmore tho.

Well, the QB's performance can be affected by the rest of the team certainly and the team DID seem to play better. Was that as you say because of them "playing for their jobs" or because they were better led and motivated by the QB?

Also, consider this. Tebow was playing in effect like he was starting week one. Normally in that position, EVERYONE is getting up to speed as the season kicks off and gradually the defenses and offenses get in synch and get their skills sharp. That's one of the reasons the play in the playoffs is generally so much better. However, Tebow was playing in effect, week one and TRYING to get up to speed (remember, no working with the game plan and the first team during the year) while the REST of the players, including the defenses were fully spun up and sharpened having played the full year in ADDITION to playing for pride, to make an impression for next year/keep jobs, etc. So does that make his play more impressive?

zbeg
01-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Wow.. you are really good at making straw man arguments.. not so much with making any kind of REAL arguments..

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Your entire argument seems to be "everyone believes this.. so it must be true".

You aren't going to get far at all thinking that way..

No, I'm capable of making the same observations. Which I have. And yes, nobody believes that Vick was inspired by Tebow and that was his reason for his post-prison turnaround - which I also believe. I also don't believe that Tebow can cure cancer, nor do I think that he has secretly invented cold fusion. These are also things that everyone else believes, too.

And my observations are consistent with everyone else's. The guy needs to work on his mechanics in order to be elite. Nobody has disputed that to this point until now.

If Tebow really was one of the two most talented players ever to come out of the NFL draft, he would have gone #1 overall. Scouts and GMs are high on potential, and if Tebow truly had that kind of raw talent, he would have never made it past St. Louis.

I think the guy is looking like he's on a good career path and I wouldn't bet against him being elite some day, but let's dial back the Tebowptimism and realize that he's not all that yet.