PDA

View Full Version : Flying under the Radar

BaileyBrosDEF
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Is it possible that this year with all of the injuries were seeing to key oppoenents that the Broncos could be flying well under the radar.

Cutler looks like a machine out there. Granted it was "only the raiders" but they spent a shizznizle worth of money on their secondary and they got torched by Eddie Royal with Cheese. (Bad Pulp Fiction reference). This guy is a much better combo of Rod and Dante Hall.

Lets not forget RYAN CLADY people. That side of the line held up well and with the lost of Merryman this week they should be set again.

Our Def which everone is down on shut out a team for three quarters and then gave up two TDs because the game was completely over. Alot of the def lineman keep talking about last year there was alot of rotation, not even time to get comfortable. In the first game we saw Shanny make a clear cut move so he didnt have to keep rotating lineman. Keep Moss out and activated Ebeenzer. STOP MACFAGGEN!!!!!!!!!

After one game and 4 preason games its looking good in Broncoland but its only been one game.

Im starting to feel like last year was a mini rebuilder especially with the craptacular ending in SF. It was almost like shanny didnt want them to go anywhere so he could assmble a good team this year. He must have known that our O-line was crumbling from age and saw the chance to pick up some impact players. I wouldnt put it past that tan *******.

Everyone stop being Debbie Downers. Its FOOTBALL SEASON and the Broncos are undefeated and playing SD minus Merriman.

LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Anyone going to the JETS BRONCOS GAME here in Jersey?

LordTrychon
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Good first post!

Welcome to the boards!

I agree that if we're as good as we hope we are... that we'll likely be under the radar this year, as usual. It's what we do even when we're 13-3 and the second seed in the stronger conference.

(The SF game was two seasons ago on New Years eve though. Last year ended up with a win against the Vikes who were fighting to get into postseason)

BaileyBrosDEF
09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I was talking about the SF game in regards to drafting DLINE.

Last year your are correct.

I am a broncosfreak transplant who finally got the donkey b@lls to post.

BroncoFanatic
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
As much as I'd like to stay under the radar, I don't think we will if we can do a repeat performance in week 2.

Already after one great game, Mike & Mike (who were in the booth for the MNF broadcast) were heaping tons of praise on Cutler on their radio show this a.m.

Mike Mayes (sp?) gushed all over Eddie Royal on NFLN also. I am surprised he stopped short of offering to have his baby, the praise was so strong.

Lonestar
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
do not think we will be under anyones radar if Jay continues to light it up..

regardless of how bad the Defense is..

jhns
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't think any team really goes under the radar. We may be under the radar in the media but these teams all break down as much film as possible. The only time we have a shot at going under the radar is in the first few weeks. After that, teams will know what we are about and who can do what.

hamrob
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I was talking about the SF game in regards to drafting DLINE.

Last year your are correct.

I am a broncosfreak transplant who finally got the donkey b@lls to post.Glad you made the leap. I went my Modiglianikid on the Freak. Them were the days! :D

hamrob
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM

regardless of how bad the Defense is..I think we're already on the Radar after last week. Should we find a way to win at home against the Bolts and Saints...I bet the power rankings will show us in the top 5! So much for being under the radar at that point.

Let's just hope our defense plays strong!

omac
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM

regardless of how bad the Defense is..

Rush defense needs to improve, but at least it's already better than last season ... so far.

Speaking of lighting it up, I really liked the play where Royal was sent to the bench for a breather, in comes Pittman, then out of nowhere, when everyone was expecting a run play, boom it goes deep to Scheffler. They didn't have a clue.

omac
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I think we're already on the Radar after last week. Should we find a way to win at home against the Bolts and Saints...I bet the power rankings will show us in the top 5! So much for being under the radar at that point.

Let's just hope our defense plays strong!

Don't worry; knowing ESPN, we could knock off the Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, and Steelers in 4 straight weeks, and they'd begrudgingly rank us in the top 10. :D

This was a total domination of a team some of them picked to beat us, but instead of giving us credit, they discredit the Raiders instead. :coffee:

BeefStew25
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Glad you made the leap. I went my Modiglianikid on the Freak. Them were the days! :D

I hear that. I was BeefStew25 over there.

SarahKay
09-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the boards... and I agree with you.. it always seems like that.. everyone hates the Broncos for some reason... we'll suprise them. I hope.

CrazyHorse
09-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I think there's a dark horse in the AFC.
A dark blue and orange horse.
I'd like to keep it that way.

Lonestar
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Rush defense needs to improve, but at least it's already better than last season ... so far.

Speaking of lighting it up, I really liked the play where Royal was sent to the bench for a breather, in comes Pittman, then out of nowhere, when everyone was expecting a run play, boom it goes deep to Scheffler. They didn't have a clue.

So far I do not see any improvement in the RUN defense.. This week and KC will be a better test..

McFadden and Fargas had some damned good runs some nice 6-12 yarders....

Had it not been they were down by 14 before they got started, I think we would have seen a huge dose of those two all night..

Lonestar
09-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't worry; knowing ESPN, we could knock off the Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, and Steelers in 4 straight weeks, and they'd begrudgingly rank us in the top 10. :D

This was a total domination of a team some of them picked to beat us, but instead of giving us credit, they discredit the Raiders instead. :coffee:

I did not expect us to win out there either .. But lets call a spade a spade here OAK was terrible on both sides of the ball..

They deserved the discredit..

Let me add to this.. the game was alot like our last two SAN games it was not like they were world beaters we stunk..

omac
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I did not expect us to win out there either .. But lets call a spade a spade here OAK was terrible on both sides of the ball..

They deserved the discredit..

Let me add to this.. the game was alot like our last two SAN games it was not like they were world beaters we stunk..

Actually, they were the world beaters ... coming to a game before the superbowls with injuries to their main performers, LT and Rivers ... and we did stink. :laugh:

lex
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
So far I do not see any improvement in the RUN defense.. This week and KC will be a better test..

Had it not been they were down by 14 before they got started, I think we would have seen a huge dose of those two all night..

Though its not great, its better. And they pretty much did run all night. Oakland continued to run in non-running situations and had their stats buoyed by a 42 yard run game well after the outcome was decided.

Simple Jaded
09-11-2008, 12:16 AM

After the first two Oakland drives I thought the Raiders were going to pound the ball down Denver's throat, but the game got away from them.

I do not believe the Broncos are that good and I do not believe that the Raiders are that bad, this game was not a good gauge on where he Broncos are, imo.

I'm still worried about the run defense, too......

BaileyBrosDEF
09-15-2008, 09:15 AM
So lets just say no longer under any radar, any carpet, any anything. We are now so out in the open with the fumble call Mike Shanhans fake tan will even be exposed.

Nevertheless, I am so Happy they are 2-0 and certainly mixed feeling about this game. Its sweet but the replays are making me sick. I stopped watching when it was 21-3 and ate some dinner. I came back and it was 38 to 31 almost shat myself.

Both Teams gave up on Def and starting gunning it back and forth in a virtualy shootout. Fumble aside as least we know a healthy Cutler and outgun a healthy Rivers.

The teams coach has got some balls going to for two but if you think about it after that fumble call, Shanny knews the NFL gods were on his side.

Next up NO and what should look to be another high scoring affair.