PDA

View Full Version : We're here!

McKeough
09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow! Denver is beautiful!

Me and my brother arrived early in the morning yesterday! We've been waiting so long to come here! :D DIA is the nicest airport I've been to, too!

We went to the zoo yesterday, and it was absolutely GORGEOUS. It's so big, and very, very nice! I'm generally not a fan of zoos, as I'm a huge animal person, but DZ seemed very animal oriented, and some of the enclosures were very, very beautiful.

We just got back from the Bronco shop at INVESCO. Man oh man, we were in dream land. :P

Together we spent over $1000 on merchandise. But, we weren't going to travel over 3000 miles and into another country and not stock up on Bronco gear! :P

I got Bailey and Lynch replica jerseys, in alt. orange and blue, a hoodie, some shirts, a hat, a wallet, the history DVD, etc etc. Got a few things for our father who's a big Bronco fan too, and our mother, though she doesn't follow football as much.

We're off to 6 flags, now! :D

Anyway, our experiance could only get better now with a Bronco win tomorrow... and some autographs!

But, to stay on topic... :D

We're just wondering when / where the players enter / exit the stadium on game-day. We're not expecting anything, but we'd like to see if we could get a couple autographs either before, or after the game.

THANKS,

McKeough

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey - GREAT that you are having a good time in Denver. I just called the stadium pro shop, and the person who answered the phone said that the players start arriving about two hours before game time. She also said that the players enter on the south end and go in the tunnel to the left if you are facing the stadium and the horses. The lot the players park in is, first she said green covered, then she said, it has green around it.

Hope this helps - Have a great time at the game, and YELL LOUD :salute: AND what a great game for you to be at - TD getting inducted into the Ring Of Fame

BigBroncLove
09-22-2007, 02:56 PM
They usually arrive two hours ahead of time, btu some start coming three hours ahead of time to beat the crowds. I got a few sigs during this time.

If you see Champ, say something like, "Go get em' Champ." or something similar. Myers dad on BM (62Olinesdad) offered me that info last year, and it worked like a charm, he came right over.

You can tell the South entrance because there are big iron gates to stop fans from getting in the way on both sides, and people line up along them pretty early.

If you get a chacne eat at the Chop House downtown. I love their steaks.... mmmmm chophouse.....

Crush05
09-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome welcome welcome!!!! I will be there with a buddy of mine tomorrow. I hope they give us and you a great game! I hope you enjoy your visit!!!
Go Broncos!!!!:salute:

Watchthemiddle
09-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow...sounds like you are doing it up right!!!!

Puts those of us who actually LIVE here to shame...:laugh:

I only know of one member on this board who has season tickets and might have some insight into players arrivals and such...so if you get a chance hit up broncos_mtnman with a PM or something and pick his brain.

Have fun tomorrow and I see a good ending to your journey with a win. :salute:

ChampWJ
09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
See you at the game from section 100! I won't have a voice until Tuesday just like last week. Go Broncos!

Don't forget to stomp your feet anytime Jacksonville has the ball, and be quiet when Cutler and the boys are out there. He doesn't seem to like crowd noise.

BigBroncLove
09-23-2007, 12:28 AM
See you at the game from section 100! I won't have a voice until Tuesday just like last week. Go Broncos!

Don't forget to stomp your feet anytime Jacksonville has the ball, and be quiet when Cutler and the boys are out there. He doesn't seem to like crowd noise.

As it should be :D I don't like it when the crowd cheers while the offense is on the field. I hate to see a false start that our fans had a hand in. Cheer after the snap though all ya want IMO..... but to be a good fan, make it as easy as possible on our O.

Kudos to you ChampWJ on losing your voice. After the Christmas Eve game last year, I couldn;t talk for almost an entire week. Cheers to you :beer:

broncosfanscott
09-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Glad to see you are having a fun time and a perfect game to be at with TD being inducted into the Ring of Fame. Have fun at the game. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Obviously the game was not fun for you, but what did you think of the rest of your time here? Did you get any autographs, get to see the players up close, etc.?

McKeough
09-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Obviously the game was not fun for you, but what did you think of the rest of your time here? Did you get any autographs, get to see the players up close, etc.?

Ahh, yeah. The game was a bit of a bummer. Traveling 2400 miles to see your team lose is never fun.

The atmosphere (compared to anything we have here) is amazing, though. We still had a great time. Brandon really put on a show, and a few of his plays were on our side of the field right in front of us -- as was Henrys touchdown!

Before the game we got a few autographs. Ted Sundquist :laugh:, Domonique Foxworth, and Nick Ferguson. We were going to go back out after, but we were kind of bummed out, and we were told the players generally don't sign autographs as often after a loss as they do after a win.

But yeah, our trip was great, even though the boys lost. :(

Thanks for asking, we're definitely going to be back next year!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Ahh, yeah. The game was a bit of a bummer. Traveling 2400 miles to see your team lose is never fun.

The atmosphere (compared to anything we have here) is amazing, though. We still had a great time. Brandon really put on a show, and a few of his plays were on our side of the field right in front of us -- as was Henrys touchdown!

Before the game we got a few autographs. Ted Sundquist :laugh:, Domonique Foxworth, and Nick Ferguson. We were going to go back out after, but we were kind of bummed out, and we were told the players generally don't sign autographs as often after a loss as they do after a win.

But yeah, our trip was great, even though the boys lost. :(

Thanks for asking, we're definitely going to be back next year!

Did you have alot of fun around Denver? Where do you live?

McKeough
09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Did you have alot of fun around Denver? Where do you live?

Oh yeah, we had a great time!

We live in Nova Scotia, Canada... our biggest sports complex (used for our QMJHL team [hockey]) holds 9800 people, so Invesco was a huge change, hehe. :laugh:

We stayed at the Red Lion Downtown, so we were righttttt next to Invesco. We went to the zoo (which was beautiful) the aquarium, which was really neat, and 6 flags.

We had a great time, and we're going to move there once our 15 year season ticket waiting list is up. :D

I have a lot of pictures, mostly from the zoo. I'll upload a few if anyone wants to see. :whoknows:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, we had a great time!

We live in Nova Scotia, Canada... our biggest sports complex (used for our QMJHL team [hockey]) holds 9800 people, so Invesco was a huge change, hehe. :laugh:

We stayed at the Red Lion Downtown, so we were righttttt next to Invesco. We went to the zoo (which was beautiful) the aquarium, which was really neat, and 6 flags.

We had a great time, and we're going to move there once our 15 year season ticket waiting list is up. :D

I have a lot of pictures, mostly from the zoo. I'll upload a few if anyone wants to see. :whoknows:

You never know - that 15 yr waiting list could go faster than 15 years. Living that far away, how did you guys become Bronco fans? Yeah, pictures are always good.

pnbronco
09-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I was the person that Mr. Sundquist came over to. I wish I had know that you were there. I wanted to wish you a great stay here in Denver. I love hockey also, so maybe we can write about our favorite teams. Glad you had a good time.

McKeough
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I was the person that Mr. Sundquist came over to. I wish I had know that you were there. I wanted to wish you a great stay here in Denver. I love hockey also, so maybe we can write about our favorite teams. Glad you had a good time.

Thanks for the kind words, Carol, and pn! Much appreciated.

Ahh, would have been nice to meet and chat with another member from the forums! (I'm sure I did, just didn't know!)

Here are some of the pictures for anyone interested!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x166/K-McKeough/ (I really like how the coral pictures turned out.)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Carol, and pn! Much appreciated.

Ahh, would have been nice to meet and chat with another member from the forums! (I'm sure I did, just didn't know!)

Here are some of the pictures for anyone interested!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x166/K-McKeough/ (I really like how the coral pictures turned out.)

Great pics - but none of you or your brother??

pnbronco
09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm with Carol. Now I'm really wondering if I saw you that morning and didn't know it. Post something that one or both of you....