PDA

View Full Version : Wish this play would have counted

ogplife
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
The 4th down rush he had that got called back was incredible. He got stuck stood up (not sure if it was a d lineman or linebacker) short of the first and powered through for the first. Really was an amazing play from a QB. Not a play you want to see in the first quarter, but when the game is on the line, it is really nice to see. That play could have changed the game (we had momentum and a chance to win), but it does not count and will go unnoticed, too bad.

scott.475
01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
That was a big lineman, though I don't remember who. Laid a pretty good shot into Tebow with his shoulder pad, Tebow absorbed it and slid off him to the left and powered forward. If Tebow keeps playing well and really earns the respect of his guys on the line, hopefully they will start working harder on avoiding the silly penalties that kill drives like this one did.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
It was Brandon Siler. Linebacker and former teammate of Tebow.

Great contact by both players but Tebow obviously got the better end with it being a first down.

Those illegal shifts are the most frustrating penalties... esspecially on a 4th and 1.

shank
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
one of the most impressive plays i saw today was (this is probably wrong, i'm drunk) (actually, for that reason, i will not mention names) a quarterback who went for a qb sneak, and there was absolutely nothing there. rather than pretend to run behind a non-existent hole, he backed up and looked for his WR and threw it deep for a TD. was it ATL? do you like new socks as much as i do?!!!!

tebow rulez