PDA

View Full Version : Keepers

Ziggy
01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Once again, the Broncos season is over without a sniff of the playoffs. Once again we'll have big changes to the roster in an attempt to upgrade the overall talent on this team.

My question is, who do you think are the keepers? Who should the Broncos build thier core around? I see a lot of good role players and a few good starters here, but a lot of needs in a lot of places.

Here's my list of keepers:

On Defense:
Champ Bailey
Darcel McBath
Robert Ayers
Justin Bannan
Perish Cox (if he's not in prison)
David Bruton
Mario Haggan
Jason Hunter
Ryan McBean
Marcus Thomas
Kevin Vickerson
Joe Mays
SydQuann Thompson
Wesley Woodyard
Elvis Dumervil

On Offense:
Ryan Clady
Tim Tebow
Brandon Lloyd
Zane Beadles
JD Walton
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Eddie Royal
Spencer Larsen
Knowshon Moreno
Lance Ball
Jabar Gaffney
Eric Olsen
Matthew Willis
Lendale White
Dan Gronkowski

On Special Teams:
Matt Prater
Lonnie Paxton

Now I'm not advocating all of the players on this list to be starters, just players that we can build around. Who are yours?

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Once again, the Broncos season is over without a sniff of the playoffs. Once again we'll have big changes to the roster in an attempt to upgrade the overall talent on this team.

My question is, who do you think are the keepers? Who should the Broncos build thier core around? I see a lot of good role players and a few good starters here, but a lot of needs in a lot of places.

On Defense:
Champ Bailey
Darcel McBath
Robert Ayers
Justin Bannan
David Bruton
Mario Haggan
Jason Hunter
Ryan McBean
Marcus Thomas
Kevin Vickerson
Joe Mays
SydQuann Thompson
Wesley Woodyard
Elvis Dumervil

On Offense:
Ryan Clady
Tim Tebow
Brandon Lloyd
Zane Beadles
JD Walton
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Eddie Royal
Spencer Larsen
Knowshon Moreno
Lance Ball
Jabar Gaffney
Eric Olsen
Matthew Willis
Lendale White
Dan Gronkowski

On Special Teams:
Matt Prater
Lonnie Paxton

Now I'm not advocating all of the players on this list to be starters, just players that we can build around. Who are yours?

Wow --- that's a lot of defensive "keepers" for one of the worst Broncos units in the last 10 years.

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
defense
williams
cox
bailey
thomson
woodyard
haggan
dumm
vickerson
thomas
bannan, awesome
everyone else tradeable and replaceable
offense
all wr, trade royal and gaffney
trade either moroney or moreno
trade orton

OrangeHoof
01-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Defense will depend on the new coaches and whether we keep the 3-4, at least for some of these guys. Offense, it's a little easier to project but it may depend somewhat on whether we keep Tebow and the current blocking system. We definitely need better RB depth and some I'd like a TE who is more of an intermediate-long threat.

dogfish
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
dumervil
clady
kuper
tebow

i can take or leave pretty much everyone else, although i would like to see champ re-signed if possible. . .

:D

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Here are my keepers:

Defense: (I'm kinda leaning toward moving back to the 4-3, drafting Bowers, and having Doom/Bowers/Ayers playing DE with Vickerson at NT and Bannan moving to 3 tech depending on the draft).

Re-sign Champ
Goodman
Squid
Cox (pending jail)
McBath
Bruton (for STs)
Doom
Vickerson
Bannan
Ayers
Mays (for STs and a backup)

AND THAT'S IT!

Offense: Everyone who's still under contract comes back except Orton who gets traded. If their contract is expiring (except Harris) let them walk.

Re-sign Harris
Acquire a receiving TE and give Graham his walking papers.
Try to either make Quinn (TE) decent or trade him for a ham sandwich.
Not really concerned what happens with Buck, Maroney or Ball. Moreno, White and a draft pick or FA will do fine next year.

Ziggy
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow --- that's a lot of defensive "keepers" for one of the worst Broncos units in the last 10 years.

It is. However, about half of those are on my list for either depth or special teams contributions.

I Eat Staples
01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
There's very few keepers on this team. You can't replace an entire team in one year, but these are the only players I view as long term options:

Offense

Ryan Clady
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

Defense

Elvis Dumervil
Perrish Cox
Syd'Quan Thompson

Royal, Lloyd, Decker, our entire O-Line, Tebow, Ayers, Vickerson, Mays, Bailey, and D.J Williams are MAYBEs.

Davii
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM
There's very few keepers on this team. You can't replace an entire team in one year, but these are the only players I view as long term options:

Offense

Ryan Clady
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

Defense

Elvis Dumervil
Perrish Cox
Syd'Quan Thompson

Royal, Lloyd, Decker, our entire O-Line, Tebow, Ayers, Vickerson, Mays, Bailey, and D.J Williams are MAYBEs.

So Clady is both an offensive keeper, and a throw in with the rest of our O-line as maybes? The best player on our team (Champ) is a maybe?

Buff
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Da'Quan Bowers.

zbeg
01-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Offense

Ryan Clady
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

Defense

Elvis Dumervil
Perrish Cox
Syd'Quan Thompson

If Royal, Lloyd, Decker, the entire o-line, Tebow, Ayers, Vickerson, Mays, Bailey, and D.J. Williams are not good enough to make your roster even in a backup capacity, I'm pretty sure you're playing Madden and you turned off "CPU override trades." Check your settings.

dogfish
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
okay, seriously. . . what exactly do you mean by "keepers?" are we talking guys that you view as long-term building blocks, or just guys that we should keep for the next year or two? you rarely have more than five-six true "core" players, but on a roster of 53, we'll probably have to "keep" at least 30-35 for next year. . .

offense

tim tebow
knowshon moreno
brandon lloyd
eddie royal
demaryius thomas
eric decker
jabar gaffney
matt willis
ryan clady
zane beadles
JD walton
chris kuper
dan gronkowski
spencer larsen

orton is a keeper unless we can get a 3rd or better. . . richard quinn, eric olsen, lance ball and d'anthony baptiste are guys who i'd at least bring in to camp to compete for jobs. . .

defense

kevin vickerson
marcus thomas
justin bannan
DJ williams
elvis dumervil
robert ayers
mario haggan
joe mays
darcel mcbath
andre goodman
syd'quan thompson
champ bailey
renaldo hill

perrish cox has a potential future here if he's not in the big house, and we may be forced to bring JWall back for one more year if we can't upgrade in free agency. . . wes woodyard, nate jones, cassius vaughn and jason hunter can compete for spots in camp. . .

special teams

matt prater
lonnie paxton

and colquitt can compete for a spot. . .

everybody else can pretty much **** as far as i'm concerned. . .

Ziggy
01-03-2011, 03:39 AM
okay, seriously. . . what exactly do you mean by "keepers?" are we talking guys that you view as long-term building blocks, or just guys that we should keep for the next year or two?

Keepers are guys that should be kept for at least a year or two to either start, or provide quality depth, along with the star or potential star players.

The only star players I see on this roster are Champ, Clady when healthy, Dumervil, Lloyd this season, and possibly Tebow in year or 2. There are a few more future possibilities, but I'm looking at keeping enough players to compete while filling around the edges with free agency and the draft.

Elevation inc
01-03-2011, 04:53 AM

On Defense:
Champ Bailey
Darcel McBath
Robert Ayers
Justin Bannan
David Bruton
Mario Haggan
Jason Hunter
Ryan McBeanMarcus Thomas
Kevin Vickerson
Joe Mays
SydQuann Thompson
Wesley Woodyard
Elvis Dumervil

On Offense:
Ryan Clady
Tim Tebow
Brandon Lloyd
Zane Beadles
JD Walton
Chris Kuper
Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Eddie Royal
Spencer Larsen
Knowshon Moreno
Lance Ball
Jabar Gaffney
Eric Olsen
Matthew Willis
Lendale White
Dan Gronkowski

On Special Teams:
Matt Prater
Lonnie Paxton

no freaking way do i want him back no way.....

dogfish
01-03-2011, 04:54 AM
what, you don't love mcfacemask?

:noidea:

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Could you do worse by having a completely new defense?

I mean.... trade EVERYONE....LOL

Elevation inc
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Keepers

Offense-

Tebow
Moreno
Ball
Gronkowski
Walton
Beadles
Eric Olsen
Clady
Harris
Larsen
LLoyd
Decker
DT
Royal
Gaffney
Willis

Camp Bodies- B.Quinn/Branson/Britt Davis/Lendale white/Buckhalter/Stanley Daniels
Trade Bait- Orton(3rd and 4th rd picks plus 2012 conditional pick), Gaffney(5th rd pick)

Defense

Vickerson
Bannan
Thomas
DJ
Mays
Haggan
Ayers
Doom
Renaldo hill
Dawkins
Champ