PDA

View Full Version : I remember this feeling...

honz
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
...of uncertainty and the unknown heading into a long offseason. Let's hope it works out better this time.

What moves would you like to see the Broncos make this offseason? I am leaning towards keeping Studes as the HC and surrounding him with a competent staff. Maybe Bum Phillips or Singeltary as DC and Fassel, who was an assistant at Stanford when Elway was there and is close with Studes, as OC.

BigDaddyBronco
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Heck I want Slowick back as DC. Pure gold!

camdisco24
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Anything that improves this defense is what I want.
We have the bones on offense, but its the other side of the ball thats killing us.
Bring in a big name DC.

Dean
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
. . . and the six months of football hibernation begins with only the draft and free agent signings to break the monotony. I hate this segment of the year. To make matters worse this year could have a lock-out to further increase and prolong our frustrations.

P.S. We will have a return of the mumbling, bumbling, fumbling search for a new head coach. The year before last that was good for months of wailing and gnashing of teeth over who the pick would be. I hate the off-season.

honz
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh yes, and get Mike Priefer the **** out of here.

dogfish
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Heck I want Slowick back as DC. Pure gold!

i've already put that forth as my dream staff-- studesville as head coach, with slowick as DC and ron turner as OC. . . and we can keep pfifer or however the **** you spell it as special teams coach-- he seems like a good man. . .

i also want to bring in jake delhomme to compete with tebow. . .

honz
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Some funny posts, but why can't Studes be successful as a HC? Harbaugh in Baltimore went from ST coordinator to HC, and he has done pretty well.

ogplife
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Trade to the end of the first round, stock pile picks. Assuming we did that, we would have at least 5 picks in the first 2 rounds (4 second rounders). Draft a d lineman with the first. 1 d lineman, 1 playmaking te, and 2 players for the secondary in the 2nd. Best players available from 3rd round on (regardless of personality/background). Bring in Marion Barber(lock to get cut/traded, gotta have 2 starting caliber backs in the NF) and a third down back through free agency. Bring back the entire receiving core and O line (Need more time to assess them). Trade Orton (no brainer). Trade Gaffney and DJ Williams. Either Jim Harbough, Ron Rivera, Rob Ryan, young Schottenheimer for coach.

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I like Studesville. I wrote it prior to the AZ game and after. I think the players respond to him very well as did the coaching staff.

I think he can be a very good HC as long as he has some good coordinators-no different than Haley in KC.

If Studes were to remain I would like to see Wade or Marvin Lewis as DC. Sounds like Wade is all but ready to accept SD's DC position.

OC-I would be open.

I also like WR coach Gase sticking around and McCoy if he would stay as something other than OC.

If no Studes as HC-GIVE ME MARTY and let him figure out the rest.

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Trade to the end of the first round, stock pile picks. Assuming we did that, we would have at least 5 picks in the first 2 rounds (4 second rounders). Draft a d lineman with the first. 1 d lineman, 1 playmaking te, and 2 players for the secondary in the 2nd. Best players available from 3rd round on (regardless of personality/background). Bring in Marion Barber(lock to get cut/traded, gotta have 2 starting caliber backs in the NF) and a third down back through free agency. Bring back the entire receiving core and O line (Need more time to assess them). Trade Orton (no brainer). Trade Gaffney and DJ Williams. Either Jim Harbough, Ron Rivera, Rob Ryan, young Schottenheimer for coach.

Bring back the O line ? They same one that could not open a hole to save their lives ? Blow up the O-line and start over. Clady is not untouchable either.

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Bring back the O line ? They same one that could not open a hole to save their lives ? Blow up the O-line and start over. Clady is not untouchable either.

This is the O line's first year together and the current configuration didn't start as a unit until late in the season due to injury!

This O line will be fine. Kuper's recent deal makes me :confused: but the O line will be fine.

Dzone
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Clady didnt have a good game. Hope he can come back 100% next year.

ogplife
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM

What would you do to the o line?

Softskull
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
i also want to bring in jake delhomme to compete with tebow. . .

Here's the DUH comment from our new...errr new again GM

GM Brian Xanders, talking about the main components of the team's future blueprint. "No. 1, stabilizing the quarterback position, build a seriously tough defense with youth and impact players, and have explosive players on offense." Broncos RapidReports

honz
01-02-2011, 09:57 PM
@PostBroncos: A number of players said they enjoyed playing for Eric Studesville over the last month and that they hope he gets legit consideration.

I Eat Staples
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Dear god, please do not let Studdesville be our permanent coach. Let's be real, is Eric Studdesville, a running backs coach, going to rebuild this franchise and lead us to a super bowl?

PAINTERDAVE
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
...of uncertainty and the unknown heading into a long offseason. Let's hope it works out better this time.

What moves would you like to see the Broncos make this offseason? I am leaning towards keeping Studes as the HC and surrounding him with a competent staff. Maybe Bum Phillips or Singeltary as DC and Fassel, who was an assistant at Stanford when Elway was there and is close with Studes, as OC.

Bum Phillips.. lol... Good one Honz!

BeefStew25
01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Dear god, please do not let Studdesville be our permanent coach. Let's be real, is Eric Studdesville, a running backs coach, going to rebuild this franchise and lead us to a super bowl?

I am sorry you feel that way about black people.

GEM
01-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I like Studesville. I wrote it prior to the AZ game and after. I think the players respond to him very well as did the coaching staff.

I think he can be a very good HC as long as he has some good coordinators-no different than Haley in KC.

If Studes were to remain I would like to see Wade or Marvin Lewis as DC. Sounds like Wade is all but ready to accept SD's DC position.

OC-I would be open.

I also like WR coach Gase sticking around and McCoy if he would stay as something other than OC.

If no Studes as HC-GIVE ME MARTY and let him figure out the rest.

I was with you up until you brought up MARTY! He is forever a Brown and a Charger, never ever EVER a Bronco!! :lol:

shank
01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
i'm such a big broncos fan that i want us to go winless next year to weed out all you ******* posers.

i drink a lot during the holidays. (my dad's birthday is tomorrow)

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I was with you up until you brought up MARTY! He is forever a Brown and a Charger, never ever EVER a Bronco!! :lol:

At least I went with Studes first....right! :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I am sorry you feel that way about black people.

I had to go and look to see if Staples made a comment earlier in this thread that would make this have ANY legitimacy, because this is absolutely ABSURD to say to anyone.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
holy Crap.. Jhil.. seriouslLy??? you think Studes might be a real option? Come on man.... please.. tell me you are joking.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Ill go with the underdog in studesville (only with a very strong coaching staff)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2011, 11:40 PM

Last night, Gary Miller said that Wade Phillips was seen at Dove Valley about a month ago, but rumor now is that he will join Houston as their DC.

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 11:41 PM
holy Crap.. Jhil.. seriouslLy??? you think Studes might be a real option? Come on man.... please.. tell me you are joking.

I like Studesville and apparently the players and the staff do as well. I think Studes could make a good HC. I am simply saying he wouldn't be the worst option and I wouldn't throw hard objects at my tv if they hired him whereas I would if Rivera was hired.

In the end the team will use him to satisfy the Rooney rule but I don't think they give him a REAL shot at the job.

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Last night, Gary Miller said that Wade Phillips was seen at Dove Valley about a month ago, but rumor now is that he will join Houston as their DC.

I heard a report that he is all but set in SD. Makes me wonder :confused:

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
i'm such a big broncos fan that i want us to go winless next year to weed out all you ******* posers.

i drink a lot during the holidays. (my dad's birthday is tomorrow)

;)

And I would have respected that comment from most, except from a guy who's avatar is diagram of an ass-sucking wind tunnel!

:lol:

honz
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Even Lombardi needed someone to give him his chance...

shank
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
i would take studs and a good OC/DC before i'll take a big name and a bunch of yes-men.

dogfish
01-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Some funny posts, but why can't Studes be successful as a HC? Harbaugh in Baltimore went from ST coordinator to HC, and he has done pretty well.

no reason he can't be successful. . .

no reason keith burns can't be successful as the head coach, either-- should we hire him?

i just want us to do what the rest of the business world does-- do your due dilligence, and hire the candidate that you think has the BEST qualifications. . . i am 1000% positive we can find a good number of people whose credentials dwarf studesville's. . . so why would we want to hire him?

dogfish
01-03-2011, 03:15 AM
i would take studs and a good OC/DC before i'll take a big name and a bunch of yes-men.

fair enough in theory, but in reality what really good coordinators will want to come here and work for a guy that was a no-name even as a position coach three weeks ago? you think someone with a resume like mike nolan, eric mangini, marvin lewis or wade philips is gonna come here and work for eric studesville? i don't. . . not if they have beter options, which they're likely to. . . why risk it? the HC's job security is often directly tied to that of his coordinators. . .