PDA

View Full Version : If Bowlen is smart...he will not allow the broncos to draft Luck.

sneakers
01-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Because, I think replacing Tebow would be a very bad business decision.

Think about the $$$ people. Broncos are much more valuable as a franchise with him as our quarterback. Think about how many people would be totally peeved if he was traded.

If Bowlen values making money at all, Tebow will be here next season.

Tim Tebow, that shit is so cash!

honz
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
The Broncos will not be drafting Luck. Even if Luck is there, the Broncos would be stupid not to trade back and get a couple of first round talents on D.

claymore
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I disagree. Yes there are alot of Florida fans that love Tebow, but they dont go to the games in the numbers that it would take to make a diff. With profit sharing we dont benefit from the sale of tebows jerseys.

Hopefully we get a good regime in here and they do whats right for the franchise. If its luck, then cool. If its Tebow then cool. I want all options on the table though/

broken12
01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
if there draft him at two, look at what a good qb does to a franchise, ala rams, bucs, falcons, if not there trade down and build up.....winning brings money not jersey sales!

claymore
The Broncos will not be drafting Luck. Even if Luck is there, the Broncos would be stupid not to trade back and get a couple of first round talents on D.

Trade back into the teens and draft the defensive talent that has gotten us to this point?

Hopefully we keep the pick and draft a real difference maker.

Lancane
Bowlen is giving all the power to Elway, he's basically being named the CEO for all intent purposes. So I think your preaching about the wrong horse! I'm cool either way, I like both prospects and I could understand the desire to draft Luck. Do I agree with it? No...but I could see how it could come to be as well, I'm not blind.

HORSEPOWER 56

Think about the $$$ people. Broncos are much more valuable as a franchise with him as our quarterback. Think about how many people would be totally peeved if he was traded.

Timmy T is money. Win or lose, he alone is worth the price of admission. He's a personal spectacle like Michael Vick was back in Atlanta. Give him a whole offseason with the playbook, workouts, minicamps, OTAs, and Training Camp and he'll be more than ready to be whatever type of QB we need him to be next year. I hope we don't make a mistake and try to bring someone else in. Give this guy a chance. That's all he's ever needed to be successful.

broken12
01-02-2011, 07:45 PM
its a mistake to draft for need, gotta go for the best player......if we dont have pressing need trade back at that position!

claymore
01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
its a mistake to draft for need, gotta go for the best player......if we dont have pressing need trade back at that position!

BPA. We suck across the board so thats easy. Im sick of the Moss, Ayers type reaches. I want a dude that will supplant a starter on day one.

broken12
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
cmon, he had 40 yards passing in the first half, really wanna rely on that for our future, if luck not there ya go with tebow for the short future see what he brings.....

sneakers
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
cmon, he had 40 yards passing in the first half, really wanna rely on that for our future, if luck not there ya go with tebow for the short future see what he brings.....

Yeah, but i don't think you are happy with whoever we have at coach or QB....i doubt you have ever made a positive post. Ever.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
If we draft Luck, will our defense start playing better? Because if so, then I'm all for drafting him. :rockon:

atwater27
01-02-2011, 07:57 PM
If Luck is there, it's a no brainer. If not, Fairley is a no brainer.

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
What in the last 10 years or so has Bowlen done that proves that he makes good decisions at all ?

broken12
01-02-2011, 07:59 PM
If we draft Luck, will our defense start playing better? Because if so, then I'm all for drafting him. :rockon:

i was pretty happy with cutler, and mcd till he started alienating all the players, our defense would prolly play better if they are on the field less, the time difference today was 2-1 in the first half and they kept us in the game! lif luck is there take him, if not trade back and get extra picks and maybe qb from washington if available! look at how bad the colts defense is and what qb does for them brings the whole team up! we dont have that, if no qb available for us move on for the short future with tebow and see what happens!

chazoe60
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I want to see Tebow in an offense with competent coaching and a scheme tailored to him. I think he would be lights out in the old PA/Bootleg system in which Plummer excelled.

elsid13
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM

Teams that are in the playoffs on regular basis and win superbowls are best source of market revenue. Eventually UF followers will find other college heros and not be so keen on Tebow.

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I want to see Tebow in an offense with competent coaching and a scheme tailored to him. I think he would be lights out in the old PA/Bootleg system in which Plummer excelled.

guess we better get spurier, or someone like him to coach! yeah right, look at vince young

chazoe60
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
guess we better get spurier, or someone like him to coach! yeah right, look at vince young

Huh? ......

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
If these idiots draft Luck - look forward to lots of footage of a rookie getting sacked and crushed.

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:08 PM
gotta have a pocket passer to get anywere in this league! tebow making strides but if luck is there at two gotta take him, if not dline or trade down for more picks

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
gotta have a pocket passer to get anywere in this league! tebow making strides but if luck is there at two gotta take him, if not dline or trade down for more picks

What a load of horse shit.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Ok, it's become very clear that your football knowledge is lacking...

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Ok, it's become very clear that your football knowledge is lacking...

I know two things....trading cutler for orton was a complete fail
Trading all them picks for the right to draft tebow was a mistake with all the help e neefed at defense was moronic....oh and not taking luck if available at two would be as smart as when baltimore traded elway to us...oops that's three

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Trading all them picks for the right to draft tebow was a mistake with all the help e neefed at defense was moronic....oh and not taking luck if available at two would be as smart as when baltimore traded elway to us...oops that's three

There is no chance Luck falls to 2 so why even talk about it?

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Well, I agree with you about Cutler, I'm not sure I agree with you about Tebow, remember D. Thomas was taken ahead of Tebow and we already had Lloyd on the roster... Could have used that pick on Tebow and stockpiled defense with the picks McDaniels used to get Tebow after that...

Luck, looks good, I'm not sold though. The PAC-10 sucks. I once saw alex Smith look like the next John Unitas at Utah...

Nomad
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
My speculative view......If Elway happens to lure Harbough to Denver as the new HC, then I would bet anything he packages players (I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow in the package) and picks (more than likely our 1st and another) to get Andrew Luck! BRONCOS pick up a stud DL in FA!!

I like Tebow and hope it doesn't happen like this and we go defense, but this scenerio wouldn't surprise me!!

BTW, Tune in tomorrow night and watch the Orange Bowl! Luck will be playing against one of the best secondaries in college football!!

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Alex smith isnt as bad as he looks...never been in same offense for mote than a year

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
My speculative view......If Elway happens to lure Harbough to Denver as the new HC, then I would bet anything he packages players (I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow in the package) and picks (more than likely our 1st and another) to get Andrew Luck! BRONCOS pick up a stud DL in FA!!

I like Tebow and hope it doesn't happen like this and we go defense, but this scenerio wouldn't surprise me

and for the 10000000000000001th time...

Andrew Luck is not going to be available.

Just because Denver wants him doesnt mean the #1 pick is available regardless what offer you throw at Carolina... most scouts (like Carolina) think Andrew Luck is a once in a lifetime prospect, they arent going to trade that away for average talent.

(not calling out Nomad, many people actually think this team has a slight chance at luck when thats not the case)

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't mind tebow for nite but if luck is available we have to take him

MileHiWildcat
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Alex smith isnt as bad as he looks...never been in same offense for mote than a year

Football Credibility of Broken12 takes direct hit. Move on people - nothing to see here.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
What a load of horse shit.

Actually it's a pretty proven fact if you look at the history books...maybe you should invest in a book on the history and trends of professional football. Mobility does have it's advantages, but name the last quarterback that did not have a good pocket presence to win a championship? You have to be able to sit in the pocket more then run, this is a pass happy league and it's only getting happier by the season. Even Vick has learned the importance of having to stay in the pocket more then counting on his legs. You can bet you're ass that Elway will want Tebow to be transformed to a more pocket steady quarterback, because that's what a coach will want at this level. And even though Vick has learned the importance, he is still a very mobile quarterback, do you think he's a favorite to win a championship? No, that would be Cutler, Manning, Brady and Ryan...wonder what they have in common?

:coffee:

Nomad
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
and for the 10000000000000001th time...

Andrew Luck is not going to be available.

Just because Denver wants him doesnt mean the #1 pick is available regardless what offer you throw at Carolina... most scouts (like Carolina) think Andrew Luck is a once in a lifetime prospect, they arent going to trade that away for average talent.

(not calling out Nomad, many people actually think this team has a slight chance at luck when thats not the case)

If the right package is in place, yes, Luck can be available, but I guarantee you this would be Elway's pass or fail decision in his BRONCOS FO career because he'll have to give up alot!!

broken12
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Football Credibility of Broken12 takes direct hit. Move on people - nothing to see here.

cmon he has better stats than our qbs so then he must be better than anyone we got then huh?

Lancane
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
If the right package is in place, yes, Luck can be available, but I guarantee you this would be Elway's pass or fail decision in his BRONCOS FO career because he'll have to give up alot!!

Agreed, it will not be cheap...

I think the tell-tale sign will be what happens with Harbaugh, I really do. Most coaches are going to want their choice for quarterback, we don't know how the other plausible candidates will feel being stuck with Tebow. Denver may have to base their list off those willing to work with the kid or not. Like one poster said, Luck is guaranteed to go to Carolina because new regime means new quarterback. My question to those who don't seem to grasp the idea is what are we going to be? A used, old staff? We will be a new regime as well...hello?

shank
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
**** luck.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM

I know fans want to believe that but no... There most likely isnt "the right package" to bring in the #1 pick to draft Luck. Hes one of those type of prospects.. Carolina isnt stupid enough to trade away a potential HOF type of Quarterback for "depth".. I'd say at this point Luck has more trade value then Cutler did when we traded with Chicago... Hes that good

sorry its just not going to happen.

sneakers
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Actually it's a pretty proven fact if you look at the history books...maybe you should invest in a book on the history and trends of professional football. Mobility does have it's advantages, but name the last quarterback that did not have a good pocket presence to win a championship? You have to be able to sit in the pocket more then run, this is a pass happy league and it's only getting happier by the season. Even Vick has learned the importance of having to stay in the pocket more then counting on his legs. You can bet you're ass that Elway will want Tebow to be transformed to a more pocket steady quarterback, because that's what a coach will want at this level. And even though Vick has learned the importance, he is still a very mobile quarterback, do you think he's a favorite to win a championship? No, that would be Cutler, Manning, Brady and Ryan...wonder what they have in common?

There are books on the history of winning with pocket passers??? Is it on Adam Shefters book case???

Cugel
01-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Tebow plays well in a couple of games and all the fans are thinking he's the next Elway?

I saw a very raw QB who made some mistakes but made some good plays as well. Maybe he'll improve a lot in the off-season -- because he sure needs to work on his mechanics and reads. You saw him getting schooled a bunch today -- not surprising for a rookie, but not good either.

It's all academic anyway because the Broncos are NOT drafting #1 and Luck is the consensus #1 pick. Period. The Panthers will either draft him or trade their pick to someone who will.

In fact they can do what the Chargers did with Eli Manning --- pick him and then trade him. (Remember Manning said publicly that he did not want to play in San Diego so taking him was very controversial -- but it worked out great for SD. They got Rivers AND Shawne Merriman out of that deal!)

Given how horrible the team is on defense, they probably need Bowers, but we'll see what happens. Patrick Peterson wouldn't be a horrible choice either.

Either one would make me pretty happy. No matter what happens, with the #2 pick the Broncos are guaranteed to get a very good player - UNLESS they totally SCREW UP!

We should wind up with a Mario Williams type DE who can lights-out rush the passer. Bowers is that guy.

I mean, this defense was ranked 31st in the NFL. They can switch to 4-3, 3-4, whatever they want! It's not as if they are stacked with talent they don't want to lose by changing systems!

They need to lose about 8 starters on defense (Not counting Champ Bailey who's gone). That means they keep DJ and Dumervil as starters and everybody else is on the bubble whether they stay or go!

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
There are books on the history of winning with pocket passers??? Is it on Adam Shefters book case???

Never heard of a history book? You do know that they have those for all American Sports, correct. I would suggest Quest: History of the NFL by Kelly Bell or maybe 75 Seasons: The Complete History of the National Football League by Will McDonough. There's also The Little League That Could: A History of the American Football League by Ken Rappoport. PRO FOOTBALL the world of the NFL by Mike Rathet is a good one and one of my favorites would be America's game: the epic story of how pro football captured a nation by Michael MacCambridge and even From sandlots to the Super Bowl: the National Football League by Craig R. Coenen.

You could always start with Football for Dummies by Howie Long. ;)

elsid13
01-02-2011, 09:18 PM

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/10/book-em-ron-jaworskis-the-games-that-changed-the-game/1

The one wrinkle you say will never come is having an offense that features spread QBs. Why is that?

I say that because of the injury factor. When you have these mobile running quarterbacks they just get the hell beat out of them. We saw it with Michael Vick. You are going to get these guys for four quarters, four games, eight games, whatever it is. Ultimately you get hit with a helmet on the wrist. And if you're an offensive lineman you can play. If you are running back you can play, if you are a quarterback you are on the sideline. I think it is so hard with the spread, wildcat, the wishbone, for a guy a to play the quarterback because the speed of the NFL is amazing. Guys who take those hits can not line up and take those hits. It is that simple to me. It is hard to convey that to the average fan. Teams are not going to take the risk of having three spread quarterbacks on the roster. Down in Tennessee Vince Young is a great spread quarterback but if he gets hurt you go right to Kerry Collins which is the antithesis of Vince Young and the offense you are going to run. It is hard to find three guys with that skill set.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/10/book-em-ron-jaworskis-the-games-that-changed-the-game/1

The one wrinkle you say will never come is having an offense that features spread QBs. Why is that?

I say that because of the injury factor. When you have these mobile running quarterbacks they just get the hell beat out of them. We saw it with Michael Vick. You are going to get these guys for four quarters, four games, eight games, whatever it is. Ultimately you get hit with a helmet on the wrist. And if you're an offensive lineman you can play. If you are running back you can play, if you are a quarterback you are on the sideline. I think it is so hard with the spread, wildcat, the wishbone, for a guy a to play the quarterback because the speed of the NFL is amazing. Guys who take those hits can not line up and take those hits. It is that simple to me. It is hard to convey that to the average fan. Teams are not going to take the risk of having three spread quarterbacks on the roster. Down in Tennessee Vince Young is a great spread quarterback but if he gets hurt you go right to Kerry Collins which is the antithesis of Vince Young and the offense you are going to run. It is hard to find three guys with that skill set.

I haven't read that one yet...I'll have to buy it. :salute:

Cugel
01-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Mobility does have it's advantages, but name the last quarterback that did not have a good pocket presence to win a championship? You have to be able to sit in the pocket more then run, this is a pass happy league and it's only getting happier by the season.

Even Vick has learned the importance of having to stay in the pocket more then counting on his legs. You can bet you're ass that Elway will want Tebow to be transformed to a more pocket steady quarterback, because that's what a coach will want at this level.

And even though Vick has learned the importance, he is still a very mobile quarterback, do you think he's a favorite to win a championship? No, that would be Cutler, Manning, Brady and Ryan...wonder what they have in common? :coffee:

That's entirely correct! Look at the history of the last 18 SB Champions!

Aikman -- 3 SB
Steve Young
Favre
Elway - 2
Warner
Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger (2)
Drew Brees

Every single one of them elite pocket passing QBs. Some had mobility (Young, Favre), others didn't (Manning, Brees).

But, it takes an ELITE QB to win the SB (unless you have the Bears '86, the Ravens 2000 or the Bucs 2002 "best in NFL history" type defenses -- in which case you can win with anybody).

Is Tebow ever going to be that kind of elite pocket passer? He's shown NO signs of it yet, but he'll have some chances to prove himself next year.

Remember that Steve Young was more of a running QB when he came into the league and had to work on his pocket passing, yet he managed to wind up in the Hall of Fame.

Tebow has light-years to go to be in the class with Steve Young or any of the other SB winning QBs on that list -- but it's too early to say he CAN'T do it.

All we can say is that there's NO evidence so far (in only 4 games). But, the lack of evidence is not yet evidence of lack!

DenBronx

I like Tebow and hope it doesn't happen like this and we go defense, but this scenerio wouldn't surprise me!!

BTW, Tune in tomorrow night and watch the Orange Bowl! Luck will be playing against one of the best secondaries in college football!!

John Elway will also be in attendance for this game. He is being honored during the game and it is reported he will meet with Harbaugh shortly after to discuss being HC for the Broncos.

horsepig

Well,lets see. Cutler, Brady, and Ryan have very damn good defenses. Manning not so much this year, but still, history would prove you right. TT can sure make a game fun to watch though. Even today--Man, I was on the edge of my seat until the last play.

That takes a special talent IMHO. So far he has pulled some pretty cool stuff out of the hat in the 2nd halves of the 2 games he really had game plans designed for him. He just keeps coming at you and the rest of the team seems to step up and follow his lead. THAT is called leadership and can take a team a long ways.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
history smishtory.....all i care about is the future and tebow is changing the game right before our eyes.

dont give a shiaaaaat about luck.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Bowlen is giving all the power to Elway, he's basically being named the CEO for all intent purposes. So I think your preaching about the wrong horse! I'm cool either way, I like both prospects and I could understand the desire to draft Luck. Do I agree with it? No...but I could see how it could come to be as well, I'm not blind.

@bigrvb John will be head of football operations. the coach and G.M will report to him.

@bigrvb John will be head of football operations. the coach and G.M will report to him.

If Gary Miller is correct on this, not sure that indicates that Bowlen is giving John all the power. Vic Lombardi stated the press conference will be on Wednesday, and hopefully, John's responsibilities are defined then.

Nomad
01-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I know fans want to believe that but no... There most likely isnt "the right package" to bring in the #1 pick to draft Luck. Hes one of those type of prospects.. Carolina isnt stupid enough to trade away a potential HOF type of Quarterback for "depth".. I'd say at this point Luck has more trade value then Cutler did when we traded with Chicago... Hes that good

sorry its just not going to happen.

Perhaps not and I'm good with Tebow and would like the BRONCOS to focus on the defense through FA and the draft!

But you are fun to see get all wound up!!:D

Cugel
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM

I'd agree with this as well. Tebow is going to have to learn to throw first and stay in the pocket more and only run when he has to.

All that has to happen is for some LB like Ray Lewis or S like Troy Polamalu to come screaming in when Tebow is running downfield and smash him with a helmet to helmet collision and suddenly Tebow's out of the game with a concussion.

Remember what happened to Steve Young? He got so many concussions because he liked to run over people, that it ended his career! Tebow is in line to get seriously smashed if he keeps playing like he is.

I don't care how big and tough he is! The LBs and DEs he's facing are BIGGER and TOUGHER than he is! And some safety is going to take a 20 yard head start and just STEAMROLL Tebow on some running play. And then all you fans will realize why it's NOT SO GREAT to have your QB running downfield just because he can!

(Vick is a different case because he's MUCH faster and more elusive than Tebow -- Tebow is more like a RB, while Vick is more like a Scat-back). Yet you saw Vick get seriously hurt all too often.

He's had to learn to stay in the pocket and be a pocket passer who occasionally runs.

You saw Tebow take some helmet to helmet shots in this game but fortunately he wasn't hurt. But, when the QB takes off running, it's completely LEGAL for the LB to meet him head first. And that's not going to be fun to watch!

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM

If Gary Miller is correct on this, not sure that indicates that Bowlen is giving John all the power. Vic Lombardi stated the press conference will be on Wednesday, and hopefully, John's responsibilities are defined then.

he will still answer to ellis but be the go between for everyone directly to bowlen.

basically he is bowlens right hand man but still a VP.

zbeg
01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Is Tebow ever going to be that kind of elite pocket passer? He's shown NO signs of it yet, but he'll have some chances to prove himself next year.

Remember that Steve Young was more of a running QB when he came into the league and had to work on his pocket passing, yet he managed to wind up in the Hall of Fame.

Tebow has light-years to go to be in the class with Steve Young or any of the other SB winning QBs on that list -- but it's too early to say he CAN'T do it.

All we can say is that there's NO evidence so far (in only 4 games). But, the lack of evidence is not yet evidence of lack!

I wouldn't say we've seen no evidence of it. I like the Steve Young comparison, because Tebow maps well to a young, well, Young. Footwork, footwork, footwork. That's what Young worked on constantly and went from being raw and unpolished to being one of the very very best in the footwork department, which translated to him being one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

If you look at Tebow's footwork and the way it's improved in such a short time, that's a very promising indication of his ability to develop into an elite pocket passer. He's putting in the time and the effort and he (or his coaches) have correctly identified the single most important component to an accurate passing game. His progress has been pretty significant in that department, and that to me is a strong indication that he does possess the potential to be an elite pocket passer.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2011, 09:41 PM
he will still answer to ellis but be the go between for everyone directly to bowlen.

basically he is bowlens right hand man but still a VP.

One report a little while back said he would be between Bowlen and Ellis. Maybe it will be defined Wednesday during the press conference.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Well,lets see. Cutler, Brady, and Ryan have very damn good defenses. Manning not so much this year, but still, history would prove you right. TT can sure make a game fun to watch though. Even today--Man, I was on the edge of my seat until the last play.

That takes a special talent IMHO. So far he has pulled some pretty cool stuff out of the hat in the 2nd halves of the 2 games he really had game plans designed for him. He just keeps coming at you and the rest of the team seems to step up and follow his lead. THAT is called leadership and can take a team a long ways.

Listen Horsepig...I like Tebow, but I'm not some idiot who doesn't know shit and that's going to say that he is ready as he is. He's still a project at this time, anyone with any smarts understands this fully well. I believe he can be transformed into a more pocket steady passer, but are the Broncos patient enough to wait till such a time? Leadership is just one of many qualities needed to succeed at the position, passion and drive are as well, but so is the ability to sit in the pocket and throw good accurate passes on target no matter the pressure. Look at Plummer, why do you think the Broncos went out and drafted a more pocket capable quarterback? Plummer had many things you want in a quarterback, just not that one thing that is proving to be successful in this league!

The NFL is about trends, the old NFL was about smashmouth offense and defense, then came the AFL and we opened up the whole big pass offenses that swept the league. After the merger the teams that could run, pass and defend against both became the dominant teams. Look what it took for us to win our two Lombardi trophies, and the hardest piece of the puzzle to find is the franchise capable quarterback. Baltimore won it with defense, but Pittsburgh knew it needed a franchise capable quarterback to compete, and Baltimore followed suit didn't they? Where would Atlanta be without Ryan, Chicago without Cutler, Indianapolis without Manning, New Orleans without Brees, New York without Sanchez, San Diego without Rivers or how about the Giants, do you think that Manning had nothing to do with the improvement of that team? Look what Vick is doing in Philadelphia now that he's more pocket steady...

nevcraw
01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
If they are smart they get their guys in quickly to start Tebow on his next system..

--------------------------------------------

on the harbaugh / luck combo - i just don't see it. Would a smart new coach hitch his wagon to any one player? Because of the relationship and history His job would be be only defined by luck's play, and if things were not great quickly.. the wheels would come off in a hury.
That to me would be a Mcd type move, and not very sensible.

Nomad
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Perhaps Harbough will be a good coach for Tebow!!

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Carol, he's basically becoming the CEO in what is a very screwed structure in Denver. In any corporate structure the chief executive officer answers only to the board of trustees or directors, followed by the executive president then the executive vice president and then finally the chief operations officer and that what Ellis is. Now if he is just the vice president, not the executive then Ellis is above him on the totem pole.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
If they are smart they get their guys in quickly to start Tebow on his next system..

--------------------------------------------

on the harbaugh / luck combo - i just don't see it. Would a smart new coach hitch his wagon to any one player? Because of the relationship and history His job would be be only defined by luck's play, and if things were not great quickly.. the wheels would come off in a hury.
That to me would be a Mcd type move, and not very sensible.

So it's smart to tie your fate to Tebow, not accounting for that if he doesn't improve then a coach will be held accountable? Yeah, that will hold a different flavor when it comes back up!

:lol:

Lancane
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM
history smishtory.....all i care about is the future and tebow is changing the game right before our eyes.

dont give a shiaaaaat about luck.

You better care about history, because if we can not make him more steady in the pocket, he'll have no future. We can not incorporate a collegiate offense to be successful in the NFL, Miami has learned that the hardway and will now forego the wildcat. Tebow needs to become a true NFL quarterback or we'll have many exciting games that lead us to jack and shit.

;)

broken12
01-02-2011, 09:59 PM
your exactly right lancane

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
You better care about history, because if we can not make him more steady in the pocket, he'll have no future. We can not incorporate a collegiate offense to be successful in the NFL, Miami has learned that the hardway and will now forego the wildcat. Tebow needs to become a true NFL quarterback or we'll have many exciting games that lead us to jack and shit.

;)

rules are made to be broken.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Carol, he's basically becoming the CEO in what is a very screwed structure in Denver. In any corporate structure the chief executive officer answers only to the board of trustees or directors, followed by the executive president then the executive vice president and then finally the chief operations officer and that what Ellis is. Now if he is just the vice president, not the executive then Ellis is above him on the totem pole.

If the following is correct, sounds like he will have a lot of power:

Nicknames usually spawn from admiration and affection, and around these parts John Elway has received more than most.

There is only one "No. 7" in the Rocky Mountain region. Nestled between Hollywood and the Mississippi, "The Duke" refers not to movie star John Wayne.

"Captain Comeback" must have appealed to Elway's competitive pride. "The Drive," "The Helicopter" and "This One's for John!" are forever part of his legacy.

In a couple more days, people walking the halls at Broncos headquarters will have another name for Elway:

Boss.

The Broncos and owner Pat Bowlen are expected to call a news conference around midweek to announce Elway as their vice president of football operations.

His title — vice president of football operations — will be the same one Mike Shanahan carried on top of his head coaching position. On top of everybody else. Remember all that power Shanahan held at Dove Valley from 1995-2008?

Starting with the New Year, a new decade, the Broncos will enter a new era.

Elway will be in charge.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16990740

sneakers
01-02-2011, 10:18 PM
You saw Tebow take some helmet to helmet shots in this game but fortunately he wasn't hurt. But, when the QB takes off running, it's completely LEGAL for the LB to meet him head first. And that's not going to be fun to watch!

I am sure James Harrison would tell you otherwise...

sneakers
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Never heard of a history book? You do know that they have those for all American Sports, correct. I would suggest Quest: History of the NFL by Kelly Bell or maybe 75 Seasons: The Complete History of the National Football League by Will McDonough. There's also The Little League That Could: A History of the American Football League by Ken Rappoport. PRO FOOTBALL the world of the NFL by Mike Rathet is a good one and one of my favorites would be America's game: the epic story of how pro football captured a nation by Michael MacCambridge and even From sandlots to the Super Bowl: the National Football League by Craig R. Coenen.

You could always start with Football for Dummies by Howie Long. ;)

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/14720/original/UJWWUVYZPPG6TCJBVJQRQIRPSX3LZ3IC.gif?1251869774

Lancane
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/14720/original/UJWWUVYZPPG6TCJBVJQRQIRPSX3LZ3IC.gif?1251869774

How cute...I think I ran over his ass with my car the other day! :eek:

Rick
01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Richard Gere would get excited if he heard you mentioning rodent and ass.

On a serious note, Tebow needs work but he has skill just needs time like any rookie to bring it out.

Draft defence and bring Tebow around.

underrated29
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM

;)

No man... We do Not need to make him into a pocket passer. We need to improve it but NOT make him into something he is not.

Here are the facts:

In his 2nd start ever!!!- He put up 21 points on the #1 Rated Defense and our Hated Rivals who have kicked the living Crap out of us for 4 years running.

Rookie QB, 2nd start ever, 21 points....Then as YOU, I and ALL of us know. The Playcalling was once again absolutely horrendous! So damn predictable, it was ludicrous. Despite that our rookie brought us back and had us playing for the win. Again.

What did our Pocket passer Orton do? Or Cutler in his like 5 games against the bolts do? Cutler won one game, and didnt put up more than like 17 any other time, in our more potent offense.

TT- needs lots of work like all rookie QBs. But he is by no means as big as a project as is being made out. Futhermore I DO NOT believe at ALL that luck is worth soooo much more to our team then some studs on the front 7 DL- who could maybe prevent ryan mathews running for 30 yards TDs on 4th down! Luck is not going to put up more points and he sure as hell is Not going to improve our RECORD WORST EVER IN THE LEAGUE PASS DEFENSE.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
No man... We do Not need to make him into a pocket passer. We need to improve it but NOT make him into something he is not.

Here are the facts:

In his 2nd start ever!!!- He put up 21 points on the #1 Rated Defense and our Hated Rivals who have kicked the living Crap out of us for 4 years running.

Rookie QB, 2nd start ever, 21 points....Then as YOU, I and ALL of us know. The Playcalling was once again absolutely horrendous! So damn predictable, it was ludicrous. Despite that our rookie brought us back and had us playing for the win. Again.

What did our Pocket passer Orton do? Or Cutler in his like 5 games against the bolts do? Cutler won one game, and didnt put up more than like 17 any other time, in our more potent offense.

Keep thinking that way, actually that's what a good number of fans thought with Plummer as well. And let's see, Cutler is now on his way to the playoffs while we're all home contemplating what's to be. I'm sure that those other teams with franchise quarterbacks wish they had Tebow's mobility...oh wait.

underrated29
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM

I wonder what benny roth, mike vick, matt ryan, aaron rodgers, david gerrard, and josh freeman think about this?

Aside from rodgers who missed 1 game because of concussion from a LB hitting him while he ran. I'd say you are trying to doom and gloom. That or we need to tell those QBs to stop running NOW because as you say it is not going to be fun to watch.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Watching this last scoring drive right now... Broncos drove 92 yards down the field with only 2 48 to play in the game and no time outs and still scored with 30 seconds left to give themselves a chance to get the ball back for the hail mary.

Tebow is a gamer.

underrated29
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Keep thinking that way, actually that's what a good number of fans thought with Plummer as well. And let's see, Cutler is now on his way to the playoffs while we're all home contemplating what's to be. I'm sure that those other teams with franchise quarterbacks wish they had Tebow's mobility...oh wait.

Yeah, and I am sure they are wishing they had our defense too.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::c offee::coffee:

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
the last drive? I was watchign the entire game and was thinking.. oh shit.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
the last drive? I was watchign the entire game and was thinking.. oh shit.

What do you mean? Because Tebow played bad?

Hey hes a rookie.. he played bad yet still was pretty productive...

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I wonder what benny roth, mike vick, matt ryan, aaron rodgers, david gerrard, and josh freeman think about this?

Aside from rodgers who missed 1 game because of concussion from a LB hitting him while he ran. I'd say you are trying to doom and gloom. That or we need to tell those QBs to stop running NOW because as you say it is not going to be fun to watch.

Michael Vick has worked his ass off to be a more pocket steady passer. While Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are both better pocket passers, as is Josh Freeman. As for David Garrard and I don't think much about him...he and Vick are still two of the more mobile quarterbacks and their numbers are lacking, but Vick is still solid in the pocket.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah, and I am sure they are wishing they had our defense too.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::c offee::coffee:

The defense is our own fault...so why bring that up, what lack of anything substantial for such a debate? History has proven that pocket passing quarterbacks flourish better in the NFL then mobile quarterbacks. How about you pull your thumb out of your butt and look it up. Name the last great mobile quarterback to win a Super Bowl, let alone more then one compared to those whom are better pocket passers. I'll wait...

shank
01-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Michael Vick has worked his ass off to be a more pocket steady passer. While Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are both better pocket passers, as is Josh Freeman. As for David Garrard and I don't think much about him...he and Vick are still two of the more mobile quarterbacks and their numbers are lacking, but Vick is still solid in the pocket.

they work their asses off to be better football players. if there's a person on this earth that thinks TT won't do that, they caught syphalis from a half-blind, balding gopher last time they went to kansas city for a Styrofoam spoon conference.

luck would be a total ******* McD move. it would be leach>paxton all over again. if it happens, i personally will rebel. watch out buff's face, i blame you.

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 11:43 PM

I'd usually agree 100% but tebow is like a FB and knows how to take a hit.

from what Ive seen so far this year Tebow has been the one deliverin the blows to the defenders.

Only bad shot hes taken as a runner was against Houston when he got wrapped up and Cushing drilled him to the ground.

Other then that dude makes defenders pay when he lowers his shoulder.

underrated29
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM

This is true, but my response was in response to the part where cuges said that he is not going to be able to run because LBs will take his head off and it aint going to be pretty. Of all the QBs I listed above, they are all mobile Qbs who run for lots of yards- and the LBs have done jack diddly to them. Basically rendering that statement of his null.

The defense is our own fault...so why bring that up, what lack of anything substantial for such a debate? History has proven that pocket passing quarterbacks flourish better in the NFL then mobile quarterbacks. How about you pull your thumb out of your butt and look it up. Name the last great mobile quarterback to win a Super Bowl, let alone more then one compared to those whom are better pocket passers. I'll wait...

Well actually, it plays perfectly flush with the title and topic of the thread. We, the broncos, would be complete idiots to draft Offense, luck, when our Defense is our own fault. When our defense is the worst the league has ever seen. When we keep ignoring it year after year after year after year...and so on and so on and so forth. So while my thumb is in my butt, your heads up your ass because my response was right on topic. Dead to rights.

Now as for the last mobile QB- I would say Ben Rothlisberger-2 or 3 years ago, cant remember what year that was. So I hope you were holding your breath. But I do not care about mobile QBs in the past, nor now. I care about us having a QB who has shown real promise...something like sub 900 total yards and 11 tds in 3 starts and a handful of plays in other games. I care that he is better than Orton, gives us greater chance to win, and therefore we can finally fix our god awful defense.

See how that shit makes sense? I know it does, cuz your heads still up your colon. You can see it real clear now, huh?:beer:

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
they work their asses off to be better football players. if there's a person on this earth that thinks TT won't do that, they caught syphalis from a half-blind, balding gopher last time they went to kansas city for a Styrofoam spoon conference.

luck would be a total ******* McD move. it would be leach>paxton all over again. if it happens, i personally will rebel. watch out buff's face, i blame you.

I'm not Anti-Tebow, damn...I swear half the board needs a F'n brain enima. What I have been pointing out for those who still have neanderthal genes and intelligence levels is that there is a possibility that John Elway could hire Jim Harbaugh and that they prefer Luck over Tebow as the answer to that position. Can we keep up? That Harbaugh or another coach may not want to tie his career to Tebow who is a work in progress...still there? Alright, so is it possible? Come on, B comes after A and before? Good.

Now, Tebow still has a long way to go and I'm far from the only one that believes that. He needs to get better in the pocket, learn to release faster and bring his accuracy up, I would like to see him learn how to pump fake a and use the momentum of his hips a little more when he does throw. Now can we all understand what I'm saying? Anybody?

Good...:coffee:

underrated29
01-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not Anti-Tebow, damn...I swear half the board needs a F'n brain enima. What I have been pointing out for those who still have neanderthal genes and intelligence levels is that there is a possibility that John Elway could hire Jim Harbaugh and that they prefer Luck over Tebow as the answer to that position. Can we keep up? That Harbaugh or another coach may not want to tie his career to Tebow who is a work in progress...still there? Alright, so is it possible? Come on, B comes after A and before? Good.

Now, Tebow still has a long way to go and I'm far from the only one that believes that. He needs to get better in the pocket, learn to release faster and bring his accuracy up, I would like to see him learn how to pump fake a and use the momentum of his hips a little more when he does throw. Now can we all understand what I'm saying? Anybody?

I dont think anyone has disagreed with that at all.....At least here. Maybe at BF? But i am with you on all of that. I think most here are

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
This is true, but my response was in response to the part where cuges said that he is not going to be able to run because LBs will take his head off and it aint going to be pretty. Of all the QBs I listed above, they are all mobile Qbs who run for lots of yards- and the LBs have done jack diddly to them. Basically rendering that statement of his null.

Well actually, it plays perfectly flush with the title and topic of the thread. We, the broncos, would be complete idiots to draft Offense, luck, when our Defense is our own fault. When our defense is the worst the league has ever seen. When we keep ignoring it year after year after year after year...and so on and so on and so forth. So while my thumb is in my butt, your heads up your ass because my response was right on topic. Dead to rights.

Now as for the last mobile QB- I would say Ben Rothlisberger-2 or 3 years ago, cant remember what year that was. So I hope you were holding your breath. But I do not care about mobile QBs in the past, nor now. I care about us having a QB who has shown real promise...something like sub 900 total yards and 11 tds in 3 starts and a handful of plays in other games. I care that he is better than Orton, gives us greater chance to win, and therefore we can finally fix our god awful defense.

See how that shit makes sense? I know it does, cuz your heads still up your colon. You can see it real clear now, huh?:beer:

Ben has good mobility but is not a mobile quarterback like Vince Young or David Garrard. And I'm not some chicken shit either, I am dead on. And your the one obviously with his head up his ass because your attacking my opinion, without reason or cause.

shank
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM

show me a quarterback who doesn't need to work on certain things after his 3rd NFL start, and i will show you a guy who is every quarterback ever, including luck. it would be worth more than it's worth to get the dude. i'm just saying focus on the defense, cause tebow is one of our few bright spots heading into 2011. McD's wasted energy is what made most fans hate him, and why he's no longer here... if bowlen is ok with getting luck, he's in for more fan contempt, even if luck turns out to be great.

shank
01-02-2011, 11:58 PM
lol, i really ****** up my first sentence^

Lancane
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
show me a quarterback who doesn't need to work on certain things after his 3rd NFL start, and i will show you a guy who is every quarterback ever, including luck. it would be worth more than it's worth to get the dude. i'm just saying focus on the defense, cause tebow is one of our few bright spots heading into 2011. McD's wasted energy is what made most fans hate him, and why he's no longer here... if bowlen is ok with getting luck, he's in for more fan contempt, even if luck turns out to be great.

The point is that I'm not saying to draft Luck, but I am smart enough to see that it's a possibility depending on the front office.

Let's just say that the Broncos and Elway really want Jim Harbaugh to be the head coach, but he tells them that he won't do it if he is stuck with having Tebow as his quarterback, that he'll only do it if they drafted Luck. Elway is already enamored with Andrew Luck, so is it possible that Elway would do the thing the fans didn't want and package together a deal for the kid? Yes...

Do I think it's the right move? Hell no...Tebow needs time and coaching, but I'm not in charge nor are any of the fans on here. If we were we would have had a better defense a long ass time ago.

EMB6903
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
^^its not a possibility though because Denver doesnt have a shot at Luck.

Carolina will take him at 1.

shank
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
i believe, 100%, that tebow doesn't need to be coached any more than any other rookie QB. and because of that, i honestly feel like drafting luck would set us back a year at the qb position. i believe that tebow will win championships in the NFL if you give him a surrounding cast.

we have our guy, let's surround him.

underrated29
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Ben has good mobility but is not a mobile quarterback like Vince Young or David Garrard. And I'm not some chicken shit either, I am dead on. And your the one obviously with his head up his ass because your attacking my opinion, without reason or cause.

Not even close lan.

I forgot about VY too. Another mobile QB who while oft injured has never had a lights out hit like was claimed.
I am not attacking your opinion. I am defending mine. Furthermore, I am keeping up with the thread topic. In fact I am now getting confused by all this head assery going on.

Here is what I see- again.
Tebow is coming along and more than likely will be good, to real great. Is a rook, started 3 games, has 11 tds and almost 900 total yards.
Our defense sucks. Bad.
We have the 2nd overall pick and need an impact D player
Elway loves him some luck.
Harbough is #1 for HC- which I actually like, a lot.
We would be stupid to take Luck, over a D player, especially when we have TT.

Now.......somehwere in there my thumb went up my ass and your head went up yours. Care to clear it up.....

oh and for you:

underrated29
01-03-2011, 12:05 AM
The point is that I'm not saying to draft Luck, but I am smart enough to see that it's a possibility depending on the front office.

Let's just say that the Broncos and Elway really want Jim Harbaugh to be the head coach, but he tells them that he won't do it if he is stuck with having Tebow as his quarterback, that he'll only do it if they drafted Luck. Elway is already enamored with Andrew Luck, so is it possible that Elway would do the thing the fans didn't want and package together a deal for the kid? Yes...

Do I think it's the right move? Hell no...Tebow needs time and coaching, but I'm not in charge nor are any of the fans on here. If we were we would have had a better defense a long ass time ago.

you type faster than i do. you can disregard the last statement. You stance is clear now.

shank
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
you type faster than i do. you can disregard the last statement. You stance is clear now.

i had something really good to say regarding plummer, but i didnt' finish typing it until 2007. purchased mavis beacon the next day, son!

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I dont think anyone has disagreed with that at all.....At least here. Maybe at BF? But i am with you on all of that. I think most here are

That's what I'm getting attacked for, I'm not saying that we should draft Luck, we need defensive help. But I could see how it might intrigue the front office, especially if we do hire Jim Harbaugh as a head coach. Why would I be against the kid I said we would draft and I defended through all the Anti-Tebow shit that came with it if I didn't think he could do it?

The problem isn't Tebow, he has the arm and the physical ability we just need a staff that understands that, gets of the pot sort to speak and gets the coaches that can help him improve. That and can finally get us a defense that can stop more then a common cold.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM

Finally, thank you...and I am sorry for my rude statement as well! :beer:

pipes
01-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Lots of anger in this thread
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Lots of anger in this thread

lol..

If you had your head or thumb in your ass you would be angry too.

Now where is beef?

shank
01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
hahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahah your name is pipes. in my mind, you are the real conan.

Northman
01-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I think the funniest thing will be when Denver doesnt draft Luck when he is still on the board. That shit will be hilarious.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:14 AM
^^its not a possibility though because Denver doesnt have a shot at Luck.

Carolina will take him at 1.

I agree with you EMB, to a point. Denver could package a sickass deal that would make it hard to refuse, for example our first round pick, a second round pick, Tim Tebow and D.J. Williams or something akin to that? If you were Carolina's General Manager would you turn that down? Carolina is near enough to Florida that it would cause a fan boom, it's on the bible-belt and Tebow would be heralded as a king without having to throw a pass. They also get an accomplished solid starter in Williams and an additional second round pick?

(Not saying we should offer that deal to them - it's an example)

shank
01-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I think the funniest thing will be when Denver doesnt draft Luck when he is still on the board. That shit will be hilarious.

if that happens, i'll cry. someone's gotta want him enough to trade-rape. mods, don't send me a message, that term is from a tv show.

EMB6903
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
I agree with you EMB, to a point. Denver could package a sickass deal that would make it hard to refuse, for example our first round pick, a second round pick, Tim Tebow and D.J. Williams or something akin to that? If you were Carolina's General Manager would you turn that down? Carolina is near enough to Florida that it would cause a fan boom, it's on the bible-belt and Tebow would be heralded as a king without having to throw a pass. They also get an accomplished solid starter in Williams and an additional second round pick?

(Not saying we should offer that deal to them - it's an example)

I still dont think thats even enough though...Like I said in a previous thread Luck is a once in a life time prospect.

Think about it. If you are Carolina and feel confident that Luck is going to put up elite numbers for the next decade would you trade him?

Im not even fielding offers if Im carolina. I'd take the risk of drafting him and him becoming a bust than to trade him to a team only to see him become a future hall of famer.

BeefStew25
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
lol..

Now where is beef?

Sorry I am here. I was getting the beads out of the dishwasher.

pipes
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
lol..

Now where is beef?

I don't know about that but that Nathan Lane character seems to be quite the jolly fellow and I'm guessing he's had his share of that....

BeefStew25
01-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I watched Andy Cohen on Bravo for New Years. He really seems gay and joyful.

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:29 AM
I watched Andy Cohen on Bravo for New Years. He really seems gay and joyful.

I think this thread has taken a strange turn...:lol:

BeefStew25
01-03-2011, 12:30 AM

This is Andy:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BDM-oW8ZaN0/TAau6caldLI/AAAAAAAAA24/DOpFC0PahtA/s1600/andy-cohen.jpg

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
This is Andy:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BDM-oW8ZaN0/TAau6caldLI/AAAAAAAAA24/DOpFC0PahtA/s1600/andy-cohen.jpg

I think I saw him and Brady Quinn heading to a strange night club in the Blue Light District together...

nevcraw
01-03-2011, 12:36 AM

this seemed strange but the beads in the diswaher were not??

Lancane
01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
this seemed strange but the beads in the diswaher were not??

Hahahaha... I meant all the comments that led to this point Nev. :laugh:

sneakers
01-03-2011, 01:44 AM
how cute...i think i ran over his ass with my car the other day! :eek:

NOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frauschieze
01-03-2011, 01:55 AM
What in the last 10 years or so has Bowlen done that proves that he makes good decisions at all ?

He fired McDaniels. :hi:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM
For all the folks still talking about taking Luck, I watched the entire Rams/Seahawks game last night and let me tell you, I'd take Tebow over everyone's favorite nutswing Sam Bradford any day of the week.

Bradford was the consensus top QB last year much like Luck is this year, Eli was in his class, Alex Smith was, Vince Young was, etc, etc and NONE have turned out that way. If Luck is anything like Bradford, I DON'T WANT HIM.

I'm going to take a good look at Luck tonight during the game, but I'm just not expecting anything that would sway my opinion of him. He's a redshirt sophomore that I've never even heard of before this season. So, once again, we're supposed to believe a ONE YEAR WONDER really is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Give me Tebow who did it for 4 years and looked better after three games playing the #1 defense in the league than the #1 overall pick (Bradford) did playing for 16 games and playing the crappy Shehawks where he couldn't even lead his team to ONE TD DRIVE with a DOMINANT RB and good Offensive line.

No thanks to everyone's "prototype" QB's. I'll take the winner, please.

nevcraw
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
He fired McDaniels. :hi:

Ben McDaniels has been fired??

hotcarl
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
more like Flat Blowlen :rolleyes: