PDA

View Full Version : The JMFW Watch Thread

honz
09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
So, after seeing Paymah get abused in the preseason and then look totally lost on that TD pass to Lelie I am officially convinced that my adoptee Jack Williams will take his spot as the 3rd corner sometime this season. Williams looked pretty solid in the preseason and appears to be a playmaker...and we all know Shanny loves to utilize playmakers. Maybe he just wasn't thrown at very much in the preseason, but I didn't see him get burned even once like I have seen Paymah get burned multiple times already.

What do you guys think? Will JMFW overtake Paymah on the depth chart this year? Is this Paymah's last year as a Bronco? I think we probably try to sign Paymah to a one year contract, but draft another CB in next years draft...unless we bring in a veteran FA or something. I just don't think that Paymah is apart of our future. In 3 years in the NFL he has proven to be nothing more than a below average CB IMO.

NameUsedBefore
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
NOooaoauaughhhh!!

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I was pissed off that Chokeland scored.

Then I realized it was Lelie that caught the pass.

Suicide thoughts...

Buff
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
First-- Where did the JMFW nickname start?? I like it, but I'm out of the loop on that one... did we steal it from some other BA MF?

Second-- Karl Paymah is garbage. I hate to say that about any Bronco, but he's quickly turning into Lenny Walls in terms of his worthlessness. Getting torched by Lelie is no way to endear yourself to Broncos fans or coaches. I'd be surprised if he lasts all season at this rate.

Italianmobstr7
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I bet if JMFW was on Lelie they would have had no TD on that play. Paymah pisses me of so bad. He had decent coverage, and it was a good catch by Lelie, but Paymah has GOT to make that play.

honz
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
First-- Where did the JMFW nickname start?? I like it, but I'm out of the loop on that one... did we steal it from some other BA MF?

Second-- Karl Paymah is garbage. I hate to say that about any Bronco, but he's quickly turning into Lenny Walls in terms of his worthlessness. Getting torched by Lelie is no way to endear yourself to Broncos fans or coaches. I'd be surprised if he lasts all season at this rate.
I think he ripped a player's head off in college and he's had that nickname ever since.

Nah, I think it somebody started it over at the Mane, but I don't know where it came from.

NameUsedBefore
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I just figured MF happened to be his middle initials.

GEM
09-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Every time I see Paymah in the game I just kind of count on a 15 yarder if he gets thrown on.

JMFW couldn't be any worse, and he's definately looked better the limited times I've seen him.

studbucket
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Did Jackmo get any playing time last night? I didn't see him in (other than maybe on ST).

Buff
09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Did Jackmo get any playing time last night? I didn't see him in (other than maybe on ST).

I doubt it, I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game yet, but I don't recall the Raiders using many multiple-WR sets (as they don't have enough healthy bodies), thus I doubt there would be much need to use our dime back.

honz
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't notice him, but I wasn't paying close attention to who was lining up on every play. I would guess that we had 4 corners out on the field at least a couple of times, but I don't know for sure.