PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rumors regarding Ortons future

DenBronx
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Orton's future

Kyle Orton | Broncos | Interested: Redskins?, Titans?, Seahawks?, 49ers?, Vikings?, Dolphins?, Bengals?, Panthers?, Cardinals? Top EmailComments2 Share UPDATE: Tebowmania is at an all-time high following No. 15's Sunday heroics, lending more credence to the theory that Orton may be the odd man out this offseason. For his part, Kyle Orton says he feels wanted in Denver but is still waiting to see how things play out.

Meanwhile, for those who remain in the fantasy football hunt, KC Joyner has some advice on Tebow (see below).

---

The speculation on Orton's future has ramped up considerably since the announcement that Tim Tebow would be the Denver Broncos' starting quarterback for the duration of the 2010 season. With quite a few teams in need of a fresh start at the QB position, we're sure that this situation has captivated quite a few opposing executives as we head into the offseason.

Thus, in the eyes of Dave Krieger of the Denver Post, the Broncos hold a very valuable trade chip in Orton. In Krieger's view, no fewer than eight teams -- alphabetically, the Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans and Washington Redskins -- are looking for QB help this offseason, and could make for good trade partners for the Broncos. We'll add the Seattle Seahawks into that speculative group, as Matt Hasselbeck's recent performance has not inspired much confidence, and the fact that Charlie Whitehurst hasn't been promoted over the struggling veteran tells you all you need to know about the team's thoughts on the bearded backup.

It's unclear what kind of package the Broncos are looking for in this hypothetical world where Orton is on the block. Given that they may be trying to move out of their first-round slot, Orton provides another intriguing trade chip to sweeten any deal, and would obviously increase the package they'd receive in return from a QB-desperate franchise.

- Tim Kavanagh

read more here .http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

BroncoWave
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM
If we could land a second rounder for him I would be pumped. I would take less but with that many teams desperate for a QB it could drive up his price a bit.

Lancane
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM
If we could land a second rounder for him I would be pumped. I would take less but with that many teams desperate for a QB it could drive up his price a bit.

We'll be lucky to get a 4th round pick and a package of Ding-Dongs at this time!

:lol:

BroncoWave
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
We'll be lucky to get a 4th round pick and a package of Ding-Dongs at this time!

You never know, with that many teams needing a QB someone might be stupid and overpay for him. It only takes one team to love him.

chazoe60
01-01-2011, 05:47 PM

If they made it a fifth and some chocodiles I'd be all for it. Okay, just the chocodiles then.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I would wonder just what we can get for him... I mean heck the Raiders got a 4th for Moss.

As a utter failure as as starting QB, Ortons worth is now at a all time low..... heck one ding-dong would make the trade.

Not even out of town stupid will get us a 2nd for Kyle and his loser attitude right now

claymore
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Im sure Bowlen is anxious to get out of his contract as well. Whoever trades inherits his contract.

Hopefully he is so miffed he is willing to renegotiate in order to get a trade done easier. .

Davii
01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
You never know, with that many teams needing a QB someone might be stupid and overpay for him. It only takes one team to love him.

Funny that a good amount of those teams might be looking for some new offensive coaches as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see McD land somewhere as O Coordinator or QB coach and do what he can to convince the team to get Orton.

Tned
01-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I would wonder just what we can get for him... I mean heck the Raiders got a 4th for Moss.

As a utter failure as as starting QB, Ortons worth is now at a all time low..... heck one ding-dong would make the trade.

Not even out of town stupid will get us a 2nd for Kyle and his loser attitude right now

I would say Orton's worth is at an all time high. Two years ago he was a throw in along with two first round picks, for Cutler. Now, we are likely to get something for Orton.

Medford Bronco
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM
If they made it a fifth and some chocodiles I'd be all for it. Okay, just the chocodiles then.

How about some funny bones and a 6th :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I would say Orton's worth is at an all time high. Two years ago he was a throw in along with two first round picks, for Cutler. Now, we are likely to get something for Orton.

I would agree that his worth is at an all time high - way too many teams out there need QBs.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Funny that a good amount of those teams might be looking for some new offensive coaches as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see McD land somewhere as O Coordinator or QB coach and do what he can to convince the team to get Orton.

Interesting speculation, and not entirely unfeasible . . .

-----

Tned
01-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Interesting speculation, and not entirely unfeasible . . .

-----

His ego is such that I'm sure he would jump at a chance to try and prove he can win with Orton.

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Im sure Bowlen is anxious to get out of his contract as well. Whoever trades inherits his contract.

Hopefully he is so miffed he is willing to renegotiate in order to get a trade done easier. .

thank Goodness we DID sign him to that one year contract.
It aint that high, really...I think it is a couple 3 million with most of it based on incentives.

It does not pose a problem for making a deal with another team...
part of the trade would most likely be a new contract contingency anyway...
they will want to lock him up for a few years themselves.

You gotta realize... the rest of the league sees Orton in a much better light than we do.

Teams that dont have a young project like Tebow are licking their chops at the prospect of Orton.

Sucks to be them. :cool:

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 07:27 PM

A 3rd and a 4th would be nice.

a 2nd would be unbelievable.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM

You would think that a benched qb, who has now lost his starting job for the 4th time "is at a all time high"?

really?

His losing record at Denver, and his ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this year will not enthrall many I fear....Heck both Cassell and Rivers have had better seasons so far stat wise, so the #3 qb in the AFC West would be worth...... diddly squat. IMHO

topscribe
01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
You would think that a benched qb, who has now lost his starting job for the 4th time "is at a all time high"?

really?

His losing record at Denver, and his ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this year will not enthrall many I fear....Heck both Cassell and Rivers have had better seasons so far stat wise, so the #3 qb in the AFC West would be worth...... diddly squat. IMHO

Fortunately, those around the league - football people, i.e., who know what
they're talking about - do not view Orton through your eyes . . .

-----

Tned
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM

really?

First, Orton put up some big passing numbers this season. Granted, I think they are inflated by the number of 50+ passing games we've had -- the team playing from behind and other team in prevent, etc.

Second, Tebow got the start when Orton was hurt, and it's now a matter of the team trying out the QB they drafted in the first round. The GM's around the league are going to see that for what it is. If the Broncos were making the decision purely based on which QB gives them the best chance to win this Sunday, they probably give Orton the ball back.

I don't think Orton is a very good QB, so I'm not defending him or his play, I'm just calling it as it is, trying to set aside the emotions of our horrible two year run.

Clipworthy
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
It aint that high, really...I think it is a couple 3 million with most of it based on incentives.

You gotta realize... the rest of the league sees Orton in a much better light than we do.

Teams that dont have a young project like Tebow are licking their chops at the prospect of Orton.

:cool:

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 08:09 PM

Woody Paige said just a few weeks ago something along the lines that McDaniels had to be talked out of trading Orton after last season.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
01-01-2011, 08:19 PM

-----

No but damn close IMHO...:lol:

Sorry, I had to Top!

:laugh:

T.K.O.
01-01-2011, 08:33 PM
considering that Orton has almost identical passer rating and td/int ratio as the guy who netted us those 2 first round picks and the "throw in" himself.
i think any team that has a defense and a running game could do a lot worse than to have orton behind center.
a 2nd round pick would be pretty fair considering orton has proven he will work hard and has the smarts to learn a new system and does'nt make many mistakes.
he may not set the world on fire with spectacular games.....but he is a good player and could very well win in this league in the right situation.
hell look at sanchez and the jets ? orton has out-performed over 1/2 the qb's starting in the league....including a few playoff bound vets !:salute:
he's still 9th in yardage with 2 fewer games

Tned
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
considering that Orton has almost identical passer rating and td/int ratio as the guy who netted us those 2 first round picks and the "throw in" himself.
i think any team that has a defense and a running game could do a lot worse than to have orton behind center.
a 2nd round pick would be pretty fair considering orton has proven he will work hard and has the smarts to learn a new system and does'nt make many mistakes.
he may not set the world on fire with spectacular games.....but he is a good player and could very well win in this league in the right situation.
hell look at sanchez and the jets ? orton has out-performed over 1/2 the qb's starting in the league....including a few playoff bound vets !:salute:

Since you seem to be inferring he's just as good as the guy who's was traded when Orton was a throw in, then why set the bar low at a 2nd, why not say he's worth two first round picks?

Lancane
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM

You do understand that stats will mean diddly-squat regarding any kind of trade correct? It's not about numbers, I don't know how many times someone has to bitch-slap someone else senseless for them to actually figure this out! It's about potential and so forth, Whitehurst was worth a second because people in and around the league thought he could have that kind of potential, especially sitting behind Rivers. Cutler was not worth so much based on numbers, it was his physical ability and his potential to be a true franchise quarterback, look at Brady Quinn, Brandon Marshall, Steve Young, Matt Schaub or even Donovan McNabb, it's about their abilities, their potential and so forth...numbers mean absolutely shit in the end.

BroncoJoe
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM

It's OK to bash when appropriate.

Orton's recent play and historical attitude doesn't warrant this comment.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 08:56 PM

-----

So Kyle's magic injury means his own team said.."Enough"

So lets see.... His own tema makes up a "fake injury" to bench him. Unless you thiunk Kyle was lying when he said he "Threw the ball 70 yards in practice".. but his ribs were too injuried to play

which is it? Do Kyle's own teams eye match mine... or do your eyes only see the golden halo around Mr. Orton?

either way in about 3 weeks he will be dangled out as trade bait.

He's a nice guy, but he's a losing quarterback here in Denver. No matter how you cut it, his 11-19 record is just that..........losing

Of course our ex- Aholio qb now has a WINNING record in Chicago, and will be making his first ( which is more than Kyle has) playoff start very soon.

T.K.O.
01-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Since you seem to be inferring he's just as good as the guy who's was traded when Orton was a throw in, then why set the bar low at a 2nd, why not say he's worth two first round picks?

i'm not "inferring" anything the stats dont lie....
it is more likely that cutler will become a better qb but has yet to do so.
i know orton is'nt worth 2 firsts but then again i dont think cutler was either.
my point was more about the fact that a team that doesnt have as many weaknesses as the broncos could very well win with a guy like orton.
that's all......not comparing orton to manning,rivers,brees.
just saying if we had had a better team we would have won more games.
orton is'nt great,but he can play in this league and has proven that:salute:

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
It's OK to bash when appropriate.

Orton's recent play and historical attitude doesn't warrant this comment.

Actually.... IF you look up the pre-2006 season where he was benched for Rex Grossman and came into training camp fat and out of shape... THUS was benched the entire year by Lovie Smith.........

THAT would fit in very nicely with this "I dont comment on the play of others" crap...

so yeah.... Historically Kyle pouts when he loses his job, and then the team gets much better without him playing.

Historically

BroncoJoe
01-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Actually.... IF you look up the pre-2006 season where he was benched for Rex Grossman and came into training camp fat and out of shape... THUS was benched the entire year by Lovie Smith.........

THAT would fit in very nicely with this "I dont comment on the play of others" crap...

so yeah.... Historically Kyle pouts when he loses his job, and then the team gets much better without him playing.

Historically

This isn't 2006. I didn't care for his "others" comment, but to deny his pretty good play this season would be idiotic or blind.

Which are you?

Tned
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
So Kyle's magic injury means his own team said.."Enough"

So lets see.... His own tema makes up a "fake injury" to bench him. Unless you thiunk Kyle was lying when he said he "Threw the ball 70 yards in practice".. but his ribs were too injuried to play

which is it? Do Kyle's own teams eye match mine... or do your eyes only see the golden halo around Mr. Orton?

either way in about 3 weeks he will be dangled out as trade bait.

He's a nice guy, but he's a losing quarterback here in Denver. No matter how you cut it, his 11-19 record is just that..........losing

Of course our ex- Aholio qb now has a WINNING record in Chicago, and will be making his first ( which is more than Kyle has) playoff start very soon.

Really? Fake injury? You're going to go with that?

I guess in your wild ass conspiracy theory land the Denver press are in on it and made up the stories about Orton having trouble jogging and all the other things they wrote.

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh:

JDL
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
So we trade Orton for nothing and then what re-sign Chris Simms to be a backup to a 2nd year QB who loves to run the ball, going into a season that could very well be 18 games and has already been hurt rushing the ball?

Man some of you guys are just brilliant with your hate of Orton... brilliantly ignorant.

Shazam!
01-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Ring Dings FTW.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 10:54 PM
This isn't 2006. I didn't care for his "others" comment, but to deny his pretty good play this season would be idiotic or blind.

Which are you?

Pretty good when?

When behind 30 pts?

3 wins...3 means you lose your job.

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM

I don't know what stat you're looking at but in career stats Cutler has him beat by wide margin.

broncofaninfla
01-01-2011, 11:16 PM
IMO Orton is worth a late 3rd or high fourth round pick at best but I do feel with so many teams needed a QB the price could very well escalate. We could get more for Orton than he is actually worth.

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 11:34 PM
IMO Orton is worth a late 3rd or high fourth round pick at best but I do feel with so many teams needed a QB the price could very well escalate. We could get more for Orton than he is actually worth.

That would be my guess as well. I've said for awhile now that I think Orton is worth about a middle round pick somewhere in the neighborhood of a 4th or 5th and possibly a 3rd. But with so many teams needing a quarterback that could inflate his value.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:39 PM

Do you believe a team would give two first-rounders for Cutler today?

-----

BeefStew25
01-02-2011, 12:11 AM

-----

Buy low sell high. We should have benched Orton in October.

Foochacho
01-02-2011, 01:07 AM
I bet you have tea with Orton often......

PBR is our drink of choice.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 01:16 AM

-----

Based on his physical ability, upside and overall potential? Yes...

Orton is not even in the same league as Cutler, his stats are inflated, those around the league have pretty much agreed with that sentiment as well Top. He's a good guy and an alright quarterback, but his potential is nowhere near that of Cutler or McNabb, but McNabb's value could be argued this season. If teams were looking for a starting quarterback at least till a rookie or a better option came up who do you think would be more sought after, McNabb or Orton? I'd be estatic if we could get a third round pick for him, but in all honesty I doubt it will happen.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

-----

I think the Bears would do that same trade in a heart beat.

Question is would the Denver Broncos?

No, they wouldn't. The ding dong who orchestrated that trade is no longer employed while Cutler has won the Bears a division title with maybe the worst recieving group and offensive line in the league.

Lancane
01-02-2011, 01:21 AM

No, they wouldn't. The ding dong who orchestrated that trade is no longer employed while Cutler has won the Bears a division title with maybe the worst recieving group and offensive line in the league.

That is all we need to know...

Can we please stone McDaniels ass for that dumb move? Pretty please...

zbeg
01-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Based on his physical ability, upside and overall potential? Yes...

Orton is not even in the same league as Cutler, his stats are inflated, those around the league have pretty much agreed with that sentiment as well Top. He's a good guy and an alright quarterback, but his potential is nowhere near that of Cutler or McNabb, but McNabb's value could be argued this season. If teams were looking for a starting quarterback at least till a rookie or a better option came up who do you think would be more sought after, McNabb or Orton? I'd be estatic if we could get a third round pick for him, but in all honesty I doubt it will happen.

McNabb is pretty bad now - insert your "he was benched for Rex Grossman" joke as necessary, but McNabb doesn't have much left. At least Orton's young, and was largely more effective than McNabb this season.

And luckily the demand for QBs is higher than it was, say, five years ago when most of the teams had a QB they were happy with, or were at least willing to give a few years to figure out if they were good. Which is why Aaron Rodgers slipped so far in the 2005 draft.

Now you have QB issues in San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Miami, and possibly Oakland, Cincinnati and Tennessee.

That's at least six teams with QB needs, and the QBs I see hitting the market (either through trade or free agency) or available as a high draft pick that teams would be happy with settling as him as the future are McNabb, Kolb, Orton, Cam Newton, maaaybe Jake Locker, and possibly Vince Young (if he's not considered highly damaged goods at this point) and Carson Palmer (same).

There's demand for a guy like Orton. Depending on how desperate teams like Seattle and Arizona get, I could see a third or fourth round pick for a guy who football outsiders has ranked as the 7th best passer in the league this season.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:36 AM

Yeah, someone would have to be desperate or stupid, but probably both to give us more than a 4th rounder for Orton.

Tned
01-02-2011, 01:38 AM

-----

I don't think there is another GM/HC dumb enough to trade him.

In the hypothetical "if", it's hard to say. The horrible season that Chicago had last year probably hurt his value, but the way he played through the horrible O-line this year, and has led his team into the playoffs, he might have recouped the value. What happens in the playoffs could also be a factor.

That said, I stick with point A, which is there isn't another GM/HC in the league dumb enough to trade him.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 01:44 AM
McNabb is pretty bad now - insert your "he was benched for Rex Grossman" joke as necessary, but McNabb doesn't have much left. At least Orton's young, and was largely more effective than McNabb this season.

Yeah but Elway won a super bowl at 38 years old. Some thought he had nothing left in the tank too.

McNabb, 33, has played in 148 games with 142 starts during 11 seasons in Philadelphia. While with the Eagles, McNabb earned six Pro Bowl appearances (2000-04 and 2009) and completed 2,801-of-4,746 passing attempts (59.0%) for 32,873 yards, 216 touchdowns, 100 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 86.5. McNabb also added 573 rushing attempts for 3,249 yards and 28 touchdowns.
•Is the Eagles all-time leader in pass attempts, completions, yards and TDs
•Has garnered Pro Bowl honors six times (2001-05, 2010), and is tied with Pete Pihos for fourth-most as an Eagle, trailing Chuck Bednarik (8), Reggie White (7) and Brian Dawkins (7)
•Is one of just four players in NFL history to have at least 30,000 passing yards, 200 TDs passes, 3,000 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns (John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young)
•Is the NFL’s all-time leader in terms of interception percentage and ranks 3rd in NFL history in TD/INT ratio
•Has led the Eagles to five NFCC games and more wins (92) than any other QB in team history
•Holds the NFL record with 24 consecutive completions (first 14 vs. GB on 12/5/04 combined with 10 to end the game on 11/28/04 at NYG)
•Holds the team record for games played (148) among Eagles QBs
•Since 2001, McNabb’s 92 rushes of 10 yards or more is the second most by a QB (Michael Vick ranks 1st with 156)

^^^^^^^^
(Kyle Orton could only accomplish this in his wet dreams)

So, Shanahans thinking was to get a veteran QB with experience much like when he inherited Elway and all of his accomplishments to push him over the top. At 33, I think McNabb does still have something left if given the right scenario. I could see the Redskins trading him away....so Kyle might have competition on the market.

McNabb has outright sucked this year but that team has way more problems then just QB issues. I think the Redskins are itching for a Jake Locker to tell you the truth.

zbeg
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah but Elway won a super bowl at 38 years old. Some thought he had nothing left in the tank too.

McNabb, 33, has played in 148 games with 142 starts during 11 seasons in Philadelphia. While with the Eagles, McNabb earned six Pro Bowl appearances (2000-04 and 2009) and completed 2,801-of-4,746 passing attempts (59.0%) for 32,873 yards, 216 touchdowns, 100 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 86.5. McNabb also added 573 rushing attempts for 3,249 yards and 28 touchdowns.
•Is the Eagles all-time leader in pass attempts, completions, yards and TDs
•Has garnered Pro Bowl honors six times (2001-05, 2010), and is tied with Pete Pihos for fourth-most as an Eagle, trailing Chuck Bednarik (8), Reggie White (7) and Brian Dawkins (7)
•Is one of just four players in NFL history to have at least 30,000 passing yards, 200 TDs passes, 3,000 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns (John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young)
•Is the NFL’s all-time leader in terms of interception percentage and ranks 3rd in NFL history in TD/INT ratio
•Has led the Eagles to five NFCC games and more wins (92) than any other QB in team history
•Holds the NFL record with 24 consecutive completions (first 14 vs. GB on 12/5/04 combined with 10 to end the game on 11/28/04 at NYG)
•Holds the team record for games played (148) among Eagles QBs
•Since 2001, McNabb’s 92 rushes of 10 yards or more is the second most by a QB (Michael Vick ranks 1st with 156)

^^^^^^^^
(Kyle Orton could only accomplish this in his wet dreams)

I could bust out Dan Marino's resume and point out that Kyle Orton couldn't accomplish those things either - but I'm pretty sure you don't want Marino as your quarterback for next year, either.

The point is that he's bad now. I don't care if people thought Elway was washed up at 38 (though who said that? he had just come off a SB win and a pro-bowl appearance), we're talking about McNabb, who, regardless of what people thought about an unrelated quarterback twelve years ago, sucks. What he did in the past doesn't help the fact that he sucks now.

McNabb has outright sucked this year but that team has way more problems then just QB issues. I think the Redskins are itching for a Jake Locker to tell you the truth.

Much in the way that the Broncos have way more problems than QB issues. If anything, the passing game has been the lone bright spot on this team.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 02:02 AM
McNabb is done. He's a product of Any Reid's system. Just look at what Vick has been able to accomplish in it, he looks like the greatest QB since Unitas.

Watch a Redskins game, McNabb doesn't progress through his reads, he isn't very accurate, and he holds the ball too long. Shanahan is a QB guy, look at the work he did with Jake Plummer, McNabb should have taken flight this year but he didn't.

Based on the last 2 games, Grossman really IS the better option and it's not very close. McNabb has had a good career but he isn't a HoF QB, IMO, and his tank is empty.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 02:06 AM
I could bust out Dan Marino's resume and point out that Kyle Orton couldn't accomplish those things either - but I'm pretty sure you don't want Marino as your quarterback for next year, either.

The point is that he's bad now. I don't care if people thought Elway was washed up at 38 (though who said that? he had just come off a SB win and a pro-bowl appearance), we're talking about McNabb, who, regardless of what people thought about an unrelated quarterback twelve years ago, sucks. What he did in the past doesn't help the fact that he sucks now.

Much in the way that the Broncos have way more problems than QB issues. If anything, the passing game has been the lone bright spot on this team.

I think elway could have came back at 39 and won another superbowl. Just want to be clear you know where I stand with the GOAT.

My point was McNabb is 4 years younger then what Elway was (37) when he won his first super bowl. Kitna was considered done and over-the-hill too but he actually did a hell of a job with Dallas down the stretch. I think if you put McNabb on the Vikings you will see him back to form. Not saying he would be great but not as bad as he was this year.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
McNabb is done. He's a product of Any Reid's system. Just look at what Vick has been able to accomplish in it, he looks like the greatest QB since Unitas.

Watch a Redskins game, McNabb doesn't progress through his reads, he isn't very accurate, and he holds the ball too long. Shanahan is a QB guy, look at the work he did with Jake Plummer, McNabb should have taken flight this year but he didn't.

Based on the last 2 games, Grossman really IS the better option and it's not very close. McNabb has had a good career but he isn't a HoF QB, IMO, and his tank is empty.

Maybe so, but there will be teams calling for him just like they will be calling for Orton. There's at least 8 teams in the market for a QB. Remember not every rookie QB will start week 1, they usually ride the bench for awhile unless they are drafted #1 overall like Bradford.

If McNabb is done in his early 30's then Favre is for sure done in his early 40's.

zbeg
01-02-2011, 02:21 AM
I think elway could have came back at 39 and won another superbowl. Just want to be clear you know where I stand with the GOAT.

Probably? Though Elway said his body was breaking down - I don't know if he would have been able to take another season of the physical pounding.

My point was McNabb is 4 years younger then what Elway was (37) when he won his first super bowl. Kitna was considered done and over-the-hill too but he actually did a hell of a job with Dallas down the stretch. I think if you put McNabb on the Vikings you will see him back to form. Not saying he would be great but not as bad as he was this year.

I don't think John Elway is a good standard of comparison, though. Elway was a bit of an anomaly, so I don't like saying, "well, if Elway could do it..." No. There will not be another John Elway. It's an unrealistic comparison.

And Kitna is a good career backup/marginal starter, which is sort of where McNabb appears to be heading. When Elway didn't have a great surrounding cast, he still played quite well at 33 (led the league in passing yards, for example) and it was clear that the guy was still quite good, but the rest of the team wasn't SB-caliber. When I watch McNabb, I don't see it - I see a guy who is making poor decisions and is not accurate with the football at all.

Yeah, maybe he'll get a flyer somewhere because they'll look at his resume and think "hey, maybe he'll be good for us!" but I feel bad for any fanbase that gets excited about having Donovan McNabb as their starting QB in the hopes of making a deep playoff run. It would be kind of funny to see it happen for a second straight year in Minnesota - but the Vikings fans have been through enough. :P

Lonestar
01-02-2011, 03:59 AM

Do you think jay could have done that in den with arguably the worst running game and defense in the NFL.

The fact that his rb and defense had lots to do with their play off chamces

Davii
01-02-2011, 04:01 AM
:mod:

Folks,

There was too much cleanup needed in this thread. Keep the conversation on the topic and not on each other. Calling other members "tards" or any other personal attack is not allowed.

UrbanBounca
01-02-2011, 04:18 AM

McNabb has never been an exceptional QB, IMO. He's good, but good will never win a SB.

Vick has been excellent this year, and a lot of it has come from his feet. McNabb never had Vick's feet.

horsepig
01-02-2011, 10:51 AM

I've always maintained that Orton was not the problem here (until those last few weeks that is). I still believe he could be pretty good stopgap QB for any team with a balanced offense.

horsepig
01-02-2011, 10:56 AM

really?

Orton's problems in Denver go way past just his ineptitude. He has had no support from the defense and an OL in disarray much of the season. Granted, he is not a guy like Tebow who seemingly can take lemons and make lemonade, and pretty tasty lemonade at that.

Orton can lead a decent offense to some pretty good success with help from the rest of the team. I think he will have some value in others eyes.

pnbronco
01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Really? Fake injury? You're going to go with that?

I guess in your wild ass conspiracy theory land the Denver press are in on it and made up the stories about Orton having trouble jogging and all the other things they wrote.

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

This needs to be posted again. The week of the Raider game he could not skip on the warm ups on Friday of that week as reported on The Fan. I also heard, but don't have a source, that he had to leave practice early that day to go get a MRI, because he was in so much pain.

Rib injuries hurt so much, it's hard to breath, let alone run and try to lift you arm. If Kyle did anything wrong he should of let them know right away and not played in the KC game or Rams. However I do understand why he tried to keep going.
(Tned impressive with the smiles, you could even say creative.....;))

atwater27
01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
i know orton is'nt worth 2 firsts but then again i dont think cutler was either.
my point was more about the fact that a team that doesnt have as many weaknesses as the broncos could very well win with a guy like orton.

I know, it's tough. You just don't want to change your username.

Hey, we still have Brady Quinn! And he has much more handsome avatar possibilities.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
if a team picks up Orton to be a starting QB, then I wouldn't be shocked to see a second round pick for him. Thats prtty much the going rate for starting QBs, even when the QB is far from stellar.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM

Actually... stats DO lie. Many, many, times.

atwater27
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you think jay could have done that in den with arguably the worst running game and defense in the NFL.

Absolutely he could have. And we wouldn't have needed to draft a QB in the first round, would we. We would have rightly got a much needed defensive player... (though with your boy's track record, we probably would have reached for a hack that we would be forced to trade out of sheer shame like Alphonzo) And remember, we traded away or just flat out cut our running back depth, so we only had OURSELVES (as in Josh McDaniels) to blame for our running game woes. :welcome:

Juriga72
01-02-2011, 12:42 PM
This needs to be posted again. The week of the Raider game he could not skip on the warm ups on Friday of that week as reported on The Fan. I also heard, but don't have a source, that he had to leave practice early that day to go get a MRI, because he was in so much pain.

Rib injuries hurt so much, it's hard to breath, let alone run and try to lift you arm. If Kyle did anything wrong he should of let them know right away and not played in the KC game or Rams. However I do understand why he tried to keep going.
(Tned impressive with the smiles, you could even say creative.....;))

His rib injury seemed to come and go depending on how well he played.

Oakland- hurt..and sucked
San Fran hurt and sucked
KC- hurt yet.... 4 td passes
San Diego- hurt?? sucked
Rams- hurt- yet.... somehow almost leads the greatest NFl comeback in history!!!!!!!!! sucks for 3 quarters tho.
KC II- just plain sucks ( same team he did very well with same rib injury)carried by running game
Arizona- sucks past sucking.....

SO either he's not hurt and just sucks, or he's hurt and places himself before the team..WHO cares.... he's gone after this week!!! WOOT!!!!!!

either way he just sucks.... sucks on third downs for his entire career.

BTW... please folks lets not kid ourselfs here.... NAME one year Kyle has played all 16 games? oh wait... no one can

claymore
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM

He got us to 8-8 under those same circumstances. I dont know if he could have gotten us to 8-8 under McDaniels though. His offense is horrendous.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Hmmm.. didn't we have the 7th RB on the roster starting with Cutler, and the worst Defense in the NFL.. and make it to 8-8???

EVERY playoff team has a solid defense. NONE of the playoff teams have as bad of an OL as the Bears do, however.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
So we trade Orton for nothing and then what re-sign Chris Simms to be a backup to a 2nd year QB who loves to run the ball, going into a season that could very well be 18 games and has already been hurt rushing the ball?

Man some of you guys are just brilliant with your hate of Orton... brilliantly ignorant.

As usual, your take sucks and it's arrogant. NOBODY is advocating trading Orton for nothing... A round 2-4 pick is quite valuable.

And besides, even if Orton were to get NOTHING for Orton (rollseyes) he won a whopping 3 games this season! AMAZING!

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Not only that, but it is amazing someone would work so hard to try to prove
one player is bad. I mean, it is really important to them to try to persuade us
that a player "sucks." Just amazing . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Orton won't be the back-up on Denver. Doesn't ahve to do with him sucking, it has to do with the fact that no teams keeps the former incumbent as the back-up to the guy that just replaced him as the starter. It just starts QB controversy from day 1. The new guy needs to know the job is his, and not looking over his shoulder every play.

Plus, it seems that its important that we build up Tebow's confidence as much as possible. I guess he has a fragile ego, and this wouldn't help (thats said tongue in cheek).

I don't know if you are saying that we shouldn't trade Orton because he would be better than Simms, or are saying that we shouldn't trade Orton for nothing.

But Orton is going to be traded and won't be on the roster next season.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM

-----

TOP, most of us don't need persuasion, we watch the games, we see for ourselves. There are some who seem to be in complete denial about Orton's play for whatever reason. Unfortunately they are so vocal in his defense it requires refute.

I'm just so glad that Orton is likely gone after this year. A 2-year mistake corrected.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM

-----

almost like watching someone work so hard to prove he's GOOD, huh??? :D

Elevation inc
01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
pretty sure when its all said and done we will get a 3rd and 4th rd pick this draft and a conditional pick in 2012.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM

That's right. I have debated hard to bring out the truth regarding Orton's
attributes. That is because I know the truth, and I have seen so many lies,
misrepresentations, and mistaken ideas that I felt compelled to speak up.

Nonetheless, that part of it is at an end. I might speak up where a poster is
wrong in an individual circumstance, but I'm over trying to get anything
through to closed minds.

So carry on . . . :coffee:

-----

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:22 PM

It's a LOT easier to prove why Orton sucks rather than try to persuade people he's good... :salute:

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't buy all of the teams listed i.e. TN. Bud Adams is in love with VY. Cincinatti wont move either. That brings the list down to 6. I highly doubt the new regime in SF will tie their hitch to Orton. AZ has some possibilities but I just don't buy it.

The team i see with interest is Minnesota. Orton knows the north and that will help.

If the Broncos try to move him, I am betting no more than two teams will be interested.

Tned
01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
BTW... please folks lets not kid ourselfs here.... NAME one year Kyle has played all 16 games? oh wait... no one can

Ok, I take it you aren't a Broncos fan, or at least weren't one last year.

Kyle played in every Broncos game last year. :shakinghead:

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I don't buy all of the teams listed i.e. TN. Bud Adams is in love with VY. Cincinatti wont move either. That brings the list down to 6. I highly doubt the new regime in SF will tie their hitch to Orton. AZ has some possibilities but I just don't buy it.

The team i see with interest is Minnesota. Orton knows the north and that will help.

If the Broncos try to move him, I am betting no more than two teams will be interested.

Yeah, Palmer is already better than Orton, that move makes no sense. The Vikings or 49ers are the teams I see, but the 49ers got to see how bad Orton is up close and personal this season so they may not be buying the balogne we're selling.

I don't see a huge market, but it only takes 1 team. Even if Denver cuts him it's only a 1 season cap hit, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
attributes. That is because I know the truth,

-----

:lol: Enough said

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok, I take it you aren't a Broncos fan, or at least weren't one last year.

Kyle played in every Broncos game last year. :shakinghead:

I think Kyle was better last year than this year, personally, he completed almost 4% more of his pass attempts as well.

Tned
01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I think Kyle was better last year than this year, personally, he completed almost 4% more of his pass attempts as well.

I think he played better this year until hurt. The problem is that he isn't a QB that can carry a team. At best, he's a QB that won't lose the game for you.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
attributes. That is because I know the truth, and I have seen so many lies,
misrepresentations, and mistaken ideas that I felt compelled to speak up.

Nonetheless, that part of it is at an end. I might speak up where a poster is
wrong in an individual circumstance, but I'm over trying to get anything
through to closed minds.

-----

What's the truth TOP? Orton's stats aren't even that good and that was his only redeeming quality this season... Not his leadership, not his heroics, not his poise under pressure, it was his inflated stats. I posted them a week ago and they are very, very, average...

I think there are 2 people left who still drink the Orton kool-aid on the board...

The rest have seen the light dude.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Well, remember, no team is going to sign Orton as their future. So a lot of speculation is based on the fact that Orton is going to be another "inbetween" for teams expected to draft a QB.

Isn't Palmer up for a new contract?? I don't think they resign Palmer, and thus might simply take Orton as their inbetween. Same with the Niners, the Vikings, and any one else.

I agree with jhil, why is Tennesee even considered an option? The owner loves VY, and Collins is a solid back-up.

But in the end, as jhil said, there might be two teams interested in making a trade for Orton to hold the reigns while they build around other positions, or a team like Minnesota tries to find anyone to do the job while their window is quickly shutting.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM

If you take his last two games into consideration when he was obviously --
to open-minded people, that is -- suffering from his rib injuries. Up until those
games, Orton had completed 62% of this passes and performed at a 95 QBR.

-----

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I think he played better this year until hurt. The problem is that he isn't a QB that can carry a team. At best, he's a QB that won't lose the game for you.

Kyle claims he isn't hurt though... Right? He was tossing 70 yard bombs in practice the day he was supposedly nursing sore ribs according to his own quote...

I think it's a combination of him losing confidence, feeling too much pressure from the fans for Tebow, and defenses figuring out if he can't get the ball to Lloyd there isn't much to worry about...

No one play can be looked to as his injury, and how long as he been injured? Was he injured for KC 1 when he had a good game?

Tned
01-02-2011, 01:34 PM
to open-minded people, that is -- suffering from his rib injuries. Up until those

-----

Just because people disagree with your OPINION doesn't mean they are close minded. :tsk:

Tned
01-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Kyle claims he isn't hurt though... Right? He was tossing 70 yard bombs in practice the day he was supposedly nursing sore ribs according to his own quote...

I think it's a combination of him losing confidence, feeling too much pressure from the fans for Tebow, and defenses figuring out if he can't get the ball to Lloyd there isn't much to worry about...

No one play can be looked to as his injury, and how long as he been injured? Was he injured for KC 1 when he had a good game?

I believe it was prior to the second game he was going to miss that he said he was ready to go.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM

-----

That's not even accurate. His QBR is 87.5 right now, it it didn't drop 8 points in 2 games... Nice try though.

Also, when was he injured, and if he is injured why did he say he was fine the next day and having no trouble throwing 70 yard passes in practice?

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I believe it was prior to the second game he was going to miss that he said he was ready to go.

No, I'm positive it was the Thursday following the Arizona game. He had yet to miss a game. It's in a thread.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
wow.. last year it was his ankle injury, now its his rib injury. How many excuses can we make for this guy?

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
What's the truth TOP? Orton's stats aren't even that good and that was his only redeeming quality this season... Not his leadership, not his heroics, not his poise under pressure, it was his inflated stats. I posted them a week ago and they are very, very, average...

I think there are 2 people left who still drink the Orton kool-aid on the board...

The rest have seen the light dude.

I am not about to debate anew with someone who has jumped onto this
board in the last few months with the old, tired, worn-out arguments and
empty claims that I had to deal with the last nearly two years. I might
refer you to the search function in the forum. My arguments are there.

If it is all that important to you to impress us with how bad you think Orton
is, then post away. I'm through with that. But, if the entire board, save
two posters, is satisfied that you are so right about Orton, then why are
you trying so hard to continue to persuade us with your ideas on how bad
he is? Don't you think, at that point, you might be preaching to the choir?
Actually, if I agreed with you on how bad you think he is, your posts would
bore me . . . :coffee:

-----

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM

-----

If, instead of looking at a very select sample of Orton's 'career' here in Denver--to objective and open minded people, that is--Orton had a HORRIBLE split in games where he was down by 7-53% completion percentage and terrible 3rd down conversions.

IMHO, and it is just my opinion, you gotta look at the whole picture when it comes to a QB not just some cherry picked stats from a cherry picked situation.

The more I think about MN, the more I remember they spent a good amount on Sage Rosenfels and they are probably more inclined to go with him than Orton.

I just don't see 8 teams or anything close to that for Orton. I think that is too much fantasy on the reporters part.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
wow.. last year it was his ankle injury, now its his rib injury. How many excuses can we make for this guy?

In Chicago he sucked because he had a high ankle sprain too... Luckily for them they had Grossman on the roster to take them to the Super Bowl the next season while Kyle held a clipboard.

jhildebrand
01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

That's how I remember it. Orton was quiet for the first missed start-oakland. It was going into the Houston game that he said he was ready.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I am not about to debate anew with someone who has jumped onto this
board in the last few months with the old, tired, worn-out arguments and
empty claims that I had to deal with the last nearly two years. I might
refer you to the search function in the forum. My arguments are there.

If it is all that important to you to impress us with how bad you think Orton
is, then post away. I'm through with that. But, if the entire board, save
two posters, is satisfied that you are so right about Orton, then why are
you trying so hard to continue to persuade us with your ideas on how bad
he is? Don't you think, at that point, you might be preaching to the choir?
Actually, if I agreed with you on how bad you think he is, your posts would
bore me . . . :coffee:

-----

A long-winded way of you waving the white flag. I knew I would get you to see the light as well if I kept at it - thanks for the debate. :salute:

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
A long-winded way of you waving the white flag. I knew I would get you to see the light as well if I kept at it - thanks for the debate. :salute:

This is the strangest post you have entered on this board. :confused:

Whatever . . . :whoknows:

-----

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
That's how I remember it. Orton was quiet for the first missed start-oakland. It was going into the Houston game that he said he was ready.

http://sportifi.com/news/Broncos-QB-Orton-sore-but-OK-to-play-233807.html

December 15th, following the Arizona game and hopeful for the Oakland game, Kyle hadn't missed any time yet and in this quote claims not to be hurt, just sore, and his arm is fine, throwing 70 yards in practice the week before...

It appears he was hurt late in the Arizona game as I mentioned in the other thread, by his own admission.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
That's not even accurate. His QBR is 87.5 right now, it it didn't drop 8 points in 2 games... Nice try though.

Also, when was he injured, and if he is injured why did he say he was fine the next day and having no trouble throwing 70 yard passes in practice?

He most certainly did drop that far in two games. You haven't kept up.

And, personally, I don't believe he was throwing 70 yard passes the week
before. I saw that presser, and I think he was just miffed at the "dead arm"
comment to which he was responding, and that was just a knee-jerk
response. Oh, he can throw it 70 yards (it is of record that he threw it 74
yards as a high school senior), but I don't believe he did during the time in
question.

As I mentioned (not that it would do any good to write it again, but here
goes), in Kyle's mind, he is always ready to play. That is the way he's
always been. But he was not ready to play in the KC game or the Cardinals
game. That much is obvious to me.

But, yes, he did manage those numbers before the last two games. I don't
know how you can argue with what is of record, but be my guest . . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 02:00 PM
He most certainly did drop that far in two games. You haven't kept up.

And, personally, I don't believe he was throwing 70 yard passes the week
before. I saw that presser, and I think he was just miffed at the "dead arm"
comment to which he was responding, and that was just a knee-jerk
response. Oh, he can throw it 70 yards (it is of record that he threw it 74
yards as a high school senior), but I don't believe he did during the time in
question.

As I mentioned (not that it would do any good to write it again, but here
goes), in Kyle's mind, he is always ready to play. That is the way he's
always been. But he was not ready to play in the KC game or the Cardinals
game. That much is obvious to me.

But, yes, he did manage those numbers before the last two games. I don't
know how you can argue with what is of record, but be my guest . . .

-----

Ok, so prove it then. I believe on this board his stats were posted, I can probably pull them up with a few minutes of searching. But, if his 95 QBR is of record, where is the record?

horsepig
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh, goodnight. Give it a break fellas.

Tned
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
No, I'm positive it was the Thursday following the Arizona game. He had yet to miss a game. It's in a thread.

Adressed in the other Orton thread for those not reading both. In that statement you refer to Orton said that the "previous" week he was throwing the ball 70 yards to counter arguments that he had a dead arm. He did not say he wasn't injured the week prior to Tebow starting.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Ok, so prove it then. I believe on this board his stats were posted, I can probably pull them up with a few minutes of searching. But, if his 95 QBR is of record, where is the record?

It was mentioned several times in the media back then. It was common
knowledge. Do your research. I did. Now you do it.

-----

EMB6903
01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
a lot of QB's are on injury reports in the later weeks of the season, that doesnt mean Orton couldnt play..

Im still sold on the main reason Orton didnt play against Oakland was because of Tebow.. not the pety injuries.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 02:30 PM

-----

Haha, exactly... Nice try TOP. :welcome:

topscribe
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM

-----

I was wrong. Kyle's QBR was not 95.0 during the time in question.

It was 96.0

Here is the rundown through the St. Louis game:

Yards 3,370
Attempts 429
Completions 265
Comp percentage 62%
YPA 7.86
TD % 4.7
INT % 1.4
TD 20
INT 6

Now, use the formula found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating), and you come up with 96.0.

Or you can download the file I have attached to this post for easy calculation.
(You will need to unzip it. It has been virus-scanned, BTW.)

Now, I have to get to work . . .

-----

Tned
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
a lot of QB's are on injury reports in the later weeks of the season, that doesnt mean Orton couldnt play..

Im still sold on the main reason Orton didnt play against Oakland was because of Tebow.. not the pety injuries.

So, are you one of the ones that think the Broncos beat writers are in on some grand conspiracy and lied about Orton having difficulty jogging or not being able to throw?

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Well, remember, no team is going to sign Orton as their future. So a lot of speculation is based on the fact that Orton is going to be another "inbetween" for teams expected to draft a QB.

Isn't Palmer up for a new contract?? I don't think they resign Palmer, and thus might simply take Orton as their inbetween. Same with the Niners, the Vikings, and any one else.

I agree with jhil, why is Tennesee even considered an option? The owner loves VY, and Collins is a solid back-up.

But in the end, as jhil said, there might be two teams interested in making a trade for Orton to hold the reigns while they build around other positions, or a team like Minnesota tries to find anyone to do the job while their window is quickly shutting.

Collins is a free agent and I think Tenn would consider Orton to compete with VY, who outright sucks. If I was the owner I would send VY packing and keep Fisher.

cardoso
01-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I think my 1989 4 door Honda accord has better trade value than orton.

chazoe60
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
What's it matter now. We are rebuilding and we certainly won't be rebuilding around Kyle Orton.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
DELETED

Tops got way more value than Orton. Someone would have to give up at least two 1st before we would even consider trading Top.

Tned
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Tops got way more value than Orton. Someone would have to give up at least two 1st before we would even consider trading Top.

Two firsts, or just Hillis...

Thnikkaman
01-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Hillis was exceptionally valuable today and the last two weeks.

DenBronx
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM

no, hillis wont work in this system.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
What's it matter now. We are rebuilding and we certainly won't be rebuilding around Kyle Orton.

Now, I'd say that's pretty accurate . . .

-----

GEM
01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh, goodnight. Give it a break fellas.

Quoted for ******* truth. This shit is so ******* old, it's past the point of ridiculous. Can we let it rest. Orton hasn't started a Broncos game in 3 weeks and I doubt he ever will again....can we stop talking about him already.

chazoe60
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
So, Uh, what do you all think about Kyle Orton? You go first Gem.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Neither has Plummer, neither has Cutler, and I still people complain about Bubby Brister not starting in 2000. Do we really think 3 games is enough to stop these discussions?

topscribe
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
My fault all around.

I was under the mistaken impression the title of this thread had Orton's name in it . . . :coffee:

:D

-----

GEM
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Neither has Plummer, neither has Cutler, and I still people complain about Bubby Brister not starting in 2000. Do we really think 3 games is enough to stop these discussions?

Nope, because people love the would a, could a, and should a game. :lol:

Juriga72
01-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Nope, because people love the would a, could a, and should a game. :lol:

True... Of course those who thought "Give Kyle JUST a average defense" missed the fact that for the FIRST time in NFL history....

The team with the #1 offense and 31 defense did not make the playoffs...

Thank you Chargers for taking away the sting of "Denver-ing the division away".

We can now call it Charger-ing it away....